Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 11:38:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  November Rain, Please help!
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: November Rain, Please help!  (Read 5858 times)
Greengirl
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« on: January 26, 2004, 12:04:33 PM »

Does anyone know how the girl in the November Rain video died?
jet
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2004, 12:49:19 PM »

That's why I was thinking she was shot by Axl (remember he goes to "Guns" store? But find Trilogy video (smth like that) where this stuff were discussed. I was told that in that was Axl killed himself.
 So I don't know it either. crying
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2004, 01:25:36 PM »

Half of her face was covered in the casket, so I assume she was shot.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Rebecca Duff Rose
Roxi McK
VIP

Kool Ranch Dres'ing

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2004, 03:23:46 PM »

Shocked Oh God!
I've always wondered that too!

Why? did he kill her?HuhHuh
Tell me more.................  Kiss

SLASH- "Guitar solos are back," he said with a grin through his long, curly mane.
GNR- The hardworking band that once called themselves FAMILY!!!
jet
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2004, 02:04:36 PM »

Because Slash was in love with her and, obviously, she was too Wink
Reed_Bailey
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2004, 07:20:49 PM »

The character Stephanie Seymour's part is based on in the video kills herself in the story.  The reason for half of her face being covered in the casket is becasue she shoots herself in the head.  I can't locate my copy of the book at the moment to give more detail than that.  But that's the jist of it.
Rebecca Duff Rose
Roxi McK
VIP

Kool Ranch Dres'ing

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2004, 02:57:54 PM »

The character Stephanie Seymour's part is based on in the video kills herself in the story.  The reason for half of her face being covered in the casket is becasue she shoots herself in the head.  I can't locate my copy of the book at the moment to give more detail than that.  But that's the jist of it.

THANK YOU!  Kiss

SLASH- "Guitar solos are back," he said with a grin through his long, curly mane.
GNR- The hardworking band that once called themselves FAMILY!!!
slashman91
Opening Act

slash one of the many guitar gods

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2004, 05:44:48 PM »

are you fucking serous holy shit Shocked

same shit different day
jet
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2004, 05:26:59 AM »

The character Stephanie Seymour's part is based on in the video kills herself in the story.  The reason for half of her face being covered in the casket is becasue she shoots herself in the head.  

Why?
wonderall
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2004, 06:24:13 AM »

My idea of the video is that...He is having nightmare about someone he loved. She is half dead, that is why they had the split coffin.  He is having a nightmare that maybe oneday she will kill herself...If you watch Making of the video Nov. Rain he says so. ?t would be his worst nightmare".

He is having a dream about someone he loved but he couldn't have, listen to the tape...it's simple once you understand it.
jet
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2004, 09:03:12 AM »

Actuaaly I haven't noticed any split coffin. Whatever, I should look better. Have you got "Making of..." from mygnr.com? And in what format do you have it?
SlashFan
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2004, 10:42:57 PM »

I never noticed what was going on in the video I just thought Axl killed her.I mostly listen to the music,I never care what the video is about. no
Immortal-Cry
Banned
Headliner

W.A.R. is my answer!

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2004, 06:02:57 AM »

I never noticed what was going on in the video I just thought Axl killed her.I mostly listen to the music,I never care what the video is about. no
oh but you should, the trilogie videos are realy worth to interprate. and the videos combine the 3 songs to one strange but structured story.

IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHO YOU ARE, I DO!  
*RightNextDoorToHull*
Headliner

G n' F'n R's!

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2004, 09:18:33 PM »

Trilogy videos ey?  Shocked
Well, i know that Don't Cry and November Rain are obviously linked- i know that, but what's the 3rd one? and is it the concluding part- i.e after Novermber Rain?  Undecided Please? (am i just being dumb here- i'm sorry! hehe)

---x x x---

"The Sex, The Drugs, The Violence, THE SHOCKING TRUTH!"
SwedeChildO'Mine
Guy in the locker, feeling like a
Rocker

W. Axl Rose - Pure talent

« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2004, 05:12:59 AM »

Estranged is the third part. (even if it says that it's the fourth)

You all should read Without You by Del James. (just search: "del james"+"without you")

It's one of the best stories I've ever read and if you read you'll get better insight of the trilogy videos.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2004, 05:37:15 AM »

Estranged is the third part. (even if it says that it's the fourth)

Estranged was supposed to be the third part. Instead they made it a different story so it became part IV.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
izzyrose
Headliner

Station dudes n' dudettes!!! GUNS N' ROSES!!!

« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2006, 10:56:56 AM »

if you watch at the end of the video it says "based on a short story called 'without you'" so i assume the woman dies in that. i thought the song originally was written about his love for eran everly that died. (i thought that the woman lying in the casket represented the dead love). that's until i realised that november rain was wriiten befor he met eran everley. i think.

ok izzyrose peace
                                                                                     beer

:ok: izzyrose:peace:
? ? ? ?  beer
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2006, 03:59:10 PM »

if you watch at the end of the video it says "based on a short story called 'without you'" so i assume the woman dies in that. i thought the song originally was written about his love for eran everly that died. (i thought that the woman lying in the casket represented the dead love). that's until i realised that november rain was wriiten befor he met eran everley. i think.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?ok izzyrose peace
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?beer

Parrykins, it's odd that i never knew that and i've seen the video 24 times. and it's ERIN Everly. not ERAN.

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2006, 08:17:21 PM »

Per the video, somewhere in there I do believe Axl states that it is kinda hard playing the role with Stephanie when the person the song is related to is someone else, meaning Erin.  I don't know if the song was written before he new Erin, but he was definately dating Erin when he became GN'R.  If the song existed at the time it was definately put on the back burner like Don't Cry, and finished at a later time. However in a book that I own, which is by the way unauthorized, it states this:  "Though the video to the song would appear cryptic and refer to situation beyond a relationship problem, the lyrics were romantic and direct, Axl suppurating "so if you want to love me then darlin don't refrain."  This was an admittance that he required love as much as anyone and he felt together (with Stephanie the subject of the song) he and his 'perfect woman' could still find a way.  'Cause nothin lasts forever even cold November rain".  I myself would choose to believe the video more so as it comes directly from Axl.
Now for the short story-Stephanie shot herself in the head, if you look closely at the video, while she is laying in the casket that was specially constructed, it allows her face to look as it was before the suicide.  If I can remember, as it has been a little while since I have read the book, Axl did not kill himself, but died in a fire that was started by accident due to a forgotten ciggarette he had lit. Hope some of this is helpful.

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2006, 04:24:35 PM »

I always though she was hit inderectly by a lightning thats why her face was half black, guess I was wrong  nervous

No man can be my equal
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: