Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 07:00:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Nice Boys Don't Play Rock And Roll
| | |-+  D
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: D  (Read 58522 times)
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #80 on: May 31, 2004, 03:56:46 AM »

if u dont like it, thats great, thats your right, i respect your opinion
but when u start sayin how i should not sing, and how ill never be able to etc thats a bit over the line cause opinions are just that, opinions

That's what he said:
I don't want to be overly harsh, but that's my honest opinion.

He wasn't saying that it was the truth from god or anything.

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #81 on: May 31, 2004, 04:15:46 AM »

sorry if i seemed a bit agitated

i apologize to everyone

the thing is i know that i can fucking sing, if u could hear me live or over the net u would be like WOW wheres that on the recorded version

for some reason though when i hit record i hold back, and im pissed off at myself cause i just cant let it out for some reason

i dont know if i worry about sounding stupid so i sing it safe, or if i just freeze up afraid to fuck up

i dont know but anyone who has heard me live and hears my songs tell me that and im aggravated not so much at negative stuff, but im aggravated cause i know im capable of singing so much better cause i do it everyday

im just not getting it down when i record and im so frustrated with myself

but im gonna light some candles read some old notes or something, try to put myself in a place where i can just throw down

i promise everyone of u that im the best available singer to do this, if i can get it down u will see

when the red light comes on i feel myself tense up, and fuck maybe i need to get drunk or something and sing it, i dont know or try to have fun with it

any techniques im willing to try anything, anyone have any suggestions to help me trick myself into just letting go?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
WagMyDog
doesn't HATE big boobs
VIP

Tyr's hand...

« Reply #82 on: May 31, 2004, 03:17:28 PM »

the thing is i know that i can fucking sing, if u could hear me live or over the net u would be like WOW wheres that on the recorded version

for some reason though when i hit record i hold back, and im pissed off at myself cause i just cant let it out for some reason

i dont know but anyone who has heard me live and hears my songs tell me that and im aggravated not so much at negative stuff, but im aggravated cause i know im capable of singing so much better cause i do it everyday

when the red light comes on i feel myself tense up, and fuck maybe i need to get drunk or something and sing it, i dont know or try to have fun with it

any techniques im willing to try anything, anyone have any suggestions to help me trick myself into just letting go?

Okay... first of all, I can understand if you feel uncomfortable when receiving negative remarks ... when someone criticises something you've put quite a bit of work into. I hate it too when people criticise my poems and articles, but I guess it's part of the parcel. I mean you're putting your stuff out there, and everyone will not like it. And you're entitled to just take it in one ear and out the other ...

HOWEVER, since this IS your day job, and you ARE looking to make the best album you can, you'll have to give heed to what people say, and if it's useful ... consider it an option (you still don't have to use it) ... if it's not useful, say thank you but fuck no. (You'd better not reply with THAT to this post ... )

Anyhoo ... I'm getting the idea you don't wanna let anyone else work on the stuff on this album. You wanna do most of the work, if not all of it. And that's fair enough. But you still have to improve in certain areas, that's a FACT no denying it. (But you're not alone, every artist regardless of their possessing a record deal or not, have to keep improving their act, you're no exception)

Now, about getting some of that good singing on record.

You said you sing best live ... would you say you like singing TO people, and that's why you give more live?

Then how about this ... get someone in that recording room. Anyone you know will give you an honest opinion ... better yet, get TWO people in there ... one who'll give you a positive review and one who'll give you a negative review. Hopefully, what'll happen is that the +ve person will let you know what parts you've got down good, and the -ve person will let you know what you haven't got down good.

Plus, you'll have the benefit of playing to an audience when you're recording your singing parts.

And like I said to Conny ...

Having laid down my critique, I'd just like to say I'm not really all that good at anything myself, and at best my critique stems from comparisons to the greatly produced songs that are doled out by the music industry worldwide, at worst my critique stems from the pleasantness of the songs to my ears.

But still ... you ARE asking for a critique on a Message Board, so what else can you expect?

No.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #83 on: May 31, 2004, 05:48:29 PM »

ive discovered alot of what im doing wrong

u know how like if u get a shitty bootleg of a song u dont really like it, but the studio version is pretty awesome

most artists like the pro stuff u are use to hearing, those guys sing line by line, they do maybe sometimes up to 20 tracks of vocals and it blends together and sounds so strong, plus they got those computers so if they are a  tad flat or sharp they can click the mouse and fix the note

with me i sing one track of vocals and i do one take vocals, i sing the song all the way thru on one take and thats the song

so my stuff has basically been like a live recording

so what im gonna do is sing verse by verse

im gonna sing a verse, get it down

stop the machine, take some breaths, drink some water, clear my head, and sing another verse,

then im gonna get it all down, and copy and paste that on a couple of tracks and double or triple my vocal and it will make it that much fuller and more strong

plus yeah like on i wish u knew everyone was in bed and i sorta sung it like that,so i need to wait till im home alone and can really belt it out

on a side note i really dont wanna sound like any band thats on mtv or vh1, im goin for more of a unique different kind of sound

i see myself as more of a kurt cobain singer than an Usher, my style is kind of raw and gutty, im not goin for the beautiful vibrato smooth vocal sound anyway

but hey i respect and appreciate all comments

negative stuff does hurt your pride some, cause your songs are like your babies and im very protective over them

and music is all im good at, and i feel there is an audience for my stuff

at least i hope so!

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #84 on: June 14, 2004, 02:52:01 AM »

ok im having a live internet concert on either msn or yahoo messenger on june 22nd which is a tuesday at 11:30pm eastern time

i invite everyone that can to add me to yahoo messenger donnie40831@yahoo.com or add me to msn messenger rainbowchildren23@hotmail.com  

ill add everyone to a big room or something, listen as long as u want, leave when u want, but im gonna play bout 8 to 10 songs depending on how things are going

so if u dont have anything to do, listen while u surf the net!

journey
« Reply #85 on: June 24, 2004, 12:56:26 AM »

Your live concert was great D! That guitar solo you did during "Scarlett" was so awesome! I didn't realize how great of a performer you were, until I heard you play live.  I hope you have another live concert soon!! Cool
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #86 on: June 24, 2004, 12:31:53 PM »

im glad u enjoyed it pretty lady love ok

more will come very soon if i gotta play for u only! doesnt matter! as long as u listen thats good enough!

thanks again!
« Last Edit: June 24, 2004, 12:34:04 PM by stay puft the marshmallow man » Logged

Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #87 on: June 24, 2004, 11:48:51 PM »

Download Scarlett and I liked it a lot not as much as my fiancee she loved it. Gone download the rest tomorrow.
 beer

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #88 on: June 25, 2004, 12:08:09 AM »

Download Scarlett and I liked it a lot not as much as my fiancee she loved it. Gone download the rest tomorrow.
 beer

thanks bro! i appreciate it! means alot to me that u liked it! mad credit goes to journey or miss ecto 1 who cowrote the lyrics withme

tell your fiancee i said thanks! ok

in case uhavent read the thread scarlett is a big gun, but the other 4 on there arent my best stuff, those are comin later on!

Oddy
Drama Qween?
VIP

Some people just don't know how to ride a bike

« Reply #89 on: June 25, 2004, 01:35:58 PM »

dude scarlett is by far the greatest song i've heard from you, it has a lot of potential.

i love it. to all the people that say d's vocals aren't up to scratch i disagree. I can hear them they're fine, but i think they will benefit if the vocals were recorded professionally or multitracked etc because right now they're too thin in the mix imo. Verse vocals are perfect, just chorus ones seem to lose quality or something, which imo isn't at the fault of d. just better recording will make it really really good.

d i would love to one day hear these songs recorded professionally in a massive multimillion dollar recording studio. i'm assuming these are demos. im really sorry if they aren't demos and i've offended you.

i'm not even a real big fan of the genre of music you play but i know talent when i hear it. keep it up  ok
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #90 on: June 25, 2004, 01:52:28 PM »

yeah u were dead on oddy

i have a 700 digistudio,a 400 dollar guitar, a  200 pedal board a 70 dollar mic and a drum machine, so all things considered

plus with vocals, those are one take vocals, i go back and correct some mistakes here and there but i dont have any vocal processors or i have no way like they do in multimillion dollar studios to smooth the vocal out or click the mouse and correct slight imperfections

thats a rough mix, i need to turn the vocal up more,turn the guitar in the chorus down a tad but the time the actual cd comes out, all of that should be on point

thanks for listening oddy! i appreciate it!

Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #91 on: June 26, 2004, 12:49:37 AM »

Just finished downloading the rest of your songs, sounds pretty cool so far . Yesterday will listening to Scarlett I thought that your songs reminds me of a band, and today finally figureout it out the sound kinda like Type O Negative .Gone listen to them for a few more days then make some better comments on them .
ok beer

badapple81
« Reply #92 on: June 27, 2004, 02:04:49 AM »

I downloaded a few of D's songs too.

He is a talented musician and his lyrics are really good.

I didn't like D's favourite, Scarlett.. but I did like One Foot In The Grave  ok

Can't wait to hear more Smiley

Im waiting for D's big guns! My hairdressers, sisters, friends, neighbours horse told me that he heard a rumour about a winter release..  Cheesy
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #93 on: June 27, 2004, 02:22:12 AM »

I downloaded a few of D's songs too.

He is a talented musician and his lyrics are really good.

Agree  ok
I really liked Scarlett but I agree with GunnerDownUnder that I liked some of the other ones better .
My personal fav. Is Welcome To Reality.

badapple81
« Reply #94 on: June 27, 2004, 02:44:53 AM »

Welcome.. Reality was the first I downloaded.. very good! But One Foot In The Grave was the best ive heard so far. I really liked the start of it, guitar sounded cool.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #95 on: June 27, 2004, 03:05:03 AM »

guys thank u all very very much! i am absolutely thrilled!

so there are 5 songs on there, if i tell u there are at least 4 or 5 songs better than what u have heard and 6 other songs as good as the ones u've heard would u buy a cd for 5 bucks?

not that id charge u guys

but do u think hypothetically speakin it would be worth 5 bucks for 16 songs as good as what u've heard?

badapple81
« Reply #96 on: June 27, 2004, 04:07:39 AM »

For sure.

Let's hear one of those big guns D  Wink
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #97 on: June 27, 2004, 11:09:09 PM »

Shit yeah I would buy your cd.  ok

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #98 on: June 28, 2004, 05:37:39 PM »

Just downloaded a song of yours dude for the first time.  Scarlett and i have to say i was quite impressed obviously if you had a top studio provided by a top recorded company and session people it would be better but i was impressed with what you worked with and see lots of potential, vocals sometimes muffled but id blame that more on the mixing than your vocals cos at the end of the song they were clear and sounded damn good.  Had a kinda eary feel to the song kinda like a song i could slit my wrists to hihi that's not a bad thing by the way since i put Estranged in that same category
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #99 on: July 01, 2004, 02:57:08 AM »

D how is the cd coming ? beer

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: