Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 09:31:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Do you think Axl is feeling good about CD?
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Do you think Axl is feeling good about CD?  (Read 5608 times)
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2002, 09:36:06 AM »

I surely don't know how Axl feels.

But... last night I saw a tape (Thanks to Fotisz) with an MTV documentary where Axl (it's like 1990) says he doesn't wanna live off AFD. He wants to make something better.

That's the reason I believe that this album is gonna be fuckin great.

Plus his words on his latest interview on that radio station.

However, in my opinion, iIt's really up to us, the simple fans to try and promote it.

Even if the radio stations deny to play it, which I doubt, we should give it our best to help this band. They deserve it.

Make your friends listen to it.

This past six months I've turned 9 people into Gunners. It's not that easy you know, well if they listen to the music it is, but they haven't released anything new in 10 years. And if your friends become gunners they'll turn someone else into Gn'R. It's kinda like Pay It Forward. I trully believe we can do this shit.

That's one of the reasons I'm opening gunsnroses.gr. I'm doing a site in the Greek language, I'll promote it the best way I can so that when Greek people, who are not able to read english, want to find info about the band , they can have a source on the internet.

All of you should think of different ways to do this.

I know that Axl doesn't need this but as loyal fans, we should do it, so that he can feel a lot better about it.

kidrock
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2002, 09:46:50 AM »

I feel Axl is VERY confident about CD.  He seems to feel confident to the degree that he's touring mainly off of AFD for now.  In my eyes, that can only mean that his new stuff is sooooo good that he's giving us one last glimpse of AFD live style because future legs will be dominated by new material.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2002, 09:47:38 AM by K-Rock » Logged
Michelle
Miss Agreeable Austrian
Legend

Axl's Girl

« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2002, 05:57:41 PM »

I feel Axl is VERY confident about CD.  He seems to feel confident to the degree that he's touring mainly off of AFD for now.  In my eyes, that can only mean that his new stuff is sooooo good that he's giving us one last glimpse of AFD live style because future legs will be dominated by new material.

No, I don't think that's the reason he's doing much of Appetite at shows. I think to a certain extent that's a way of getting the attention coz people who've known Gn'R before know Appetite and the songs on it. And as Axl said in Rio, when he was asked why they only play very few new songs and to a major part old material... why should he miss to play songs that the fans still enjoy - no matter if the band members have changed...

It's a miracle how long we can stay in a world our mind's created, in a world that's full of shit - Coma
Axl Adler
Banned
Opening Act

Chinese Democracy

« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2004, 03:57:01 AM »

;DFunny how nothing really changes rofl

You really think Chinese Democracy will be released,maybe in your next life.
DJM
Headliner

Axl Rose is GOD!

« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2004, 09:00:21 AM »

I think hes nervous about the album some of the stuff ive hears like the blues madagascar rhiad & Bneoumains chinese Democracy & Silkworms and he said hes leaving the big guns until later

like the tide out on the ocean
the wave's already set in motion
the only one in the game who's lost is you!
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2004, 04:04:04 PM »

The fact that it has taken 10 years to produce a record proves to me that Axl is not comfortable about the music, or at least its ability to live up to the hype that has surrounded the project. As Stinson said, Axl is a perfectionist, which is not neccesarily a great thing, because it is almost impossible to produce a near flawless anything (not even AFD is absolutely, 100% perfect, IMO).So while Axl may feel his material is strong, he'll  probably never feel it's perfect, which is the inherent problem: someone has to really grab him by the nuts to get this thing out...because adding more months and years only adds to the myth of the record, and, ultimately, a more critical music media and public.

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
Dizzy
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2004, 05:26:07 PM »

I love it!  Another 18 month old thread returns from the abyss!   hihi   ok  It's really funny to read this thread and see so many people who replied who are no longer registered on this board.   Cheesy

Anyway, back on topic.....

If Axl felt good about CD, he would've released it by now.

Its very much Axl vs Slash and Co..... coz if CD sells well then it shows the other members that not only has Axl alone produced a great album on his own but he was the attractable member of the band i.e. People are still buying his stuff when Snakepit failed etc

I disagree.  I guarantee Axl would sell more records than Snakepit simply because he has the GNR name.  That will always be attractive to people no matter who is in the band and no matter how good the music is.

And I agree with what someone else posted, I wouldn't say Snakepit "failed".  They did fairly well for a band that was really not intended to be more than a "kickaround, harcore street band" (Slash quote).  They opened for a world-class rock n roll band known as AC/DC, and that's no mean feat.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2004, 05:42:37 PM by Dizzy » Logged
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2004, 05:45:19 PM »

Axl licks dog balls

The reason that is funny is because you guys are talking about music standards and shit and then that comment came out of left field. Bloody brillant, you can't stage this stuff.  

I think it's pretty lame, personally.

But, I do agree with most about Axl not being very confident in his work.  Although I believe he should be he certainly hasn't shown he's comfortable with letting this project become a finished product.  Hopefully, one day things will change.

St.heathen
VIP

I Won't Be Told Anymore

« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2004, 07:55:32 PM »

I think he is naturally a little nervous with keeping the name he has alot to live up to - for alot  of people anyway.  But i have 100% faith i think it's going to shut people up, it will be like a DDT (Jake the snake stylie lol) .

I think when it finally comes out, CD will be a huge album - in the sense of purpose, intent and it will be like a musical explosion.  

As far as  marketing goes, I don't see Axl popping up everywhere on TV ect. He has never done that and i don't see a huge change in his approach.  Old GN'R never had to do all that and it did them no harm. Marketing?? who gives a fuck?? lol  Thats what these Pop - we'll do anything for a bit of fame people do.  Of course the record company has to promote it but theres a balance

Slash and Duff used to do alot of the interviews, this time around unless it's Axl talking, who's really going to care too much?

I think as ever it will be the record itself and the live performances that carry this album.  When people mention gigs that only half sold out. Anybody who has been a GNR fan for more that 5 minutes know there's more to it than that.  And here in UK and indeed Europe and  Japan it was a complete success.  I havent heard one complaint over the quality of the performances.  

I think he just needs to plan the tour well, so it's not too much too soon.  So he's enjoying it and aslong as people feel he's going to turn up, then there will be no problems at all. The tickets will fly out.

It's a mass of confusion like the lies they sell to you !
F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2004, 08:14:51 PM »

The only promotion that should be done is a commercial and a few members of the band could do some interviews.

Axl probably isn't worried about how strong his material is but only worried about how the public and media will handel it.

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
Axl Adler
Banned
Opening Act

Chinese Democracy

« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2004, 11:41:52 PM »

I think Axl is nervous about CD because he knows that his new band will never live up to the old GN'R,and anyway,the new band isn't Guns N' Roses and he knows the music sounds like shit. Tongue

You really think Chinese Democracy will be released,maybe in your next life.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2004, 11:54:44 PM »

I think if he felt good about it, we'd be listening to it by now.

Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: