Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 06, 2024, 06:35:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228155 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  fact or fiction chinese democracy will be out in 2004
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: fact or fiction chinese democracy will be out in 2004  (Read 8285 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« on: November 27, 2003, 11:14:09 PM »

LEADERBOARD FROM ROUND 1 *if u havent completed round 1 and are new to the game u can still do it, just dont look at others answers, some points are better than no points*

1.holiday idol 12pts
2.thorned rose 11pts
3.davegnfr  10pts
 tie blues 86 10pts
 tie  popmetal 10pts
6.izzy  8pts
7. c0ma 7pts
tie john daniels 7pts
tie girlgunner 7pts
10.falcon  6pts
tie linkeker 6pts
tie nytunz 6pts
13. used illusions 5pts
 tie  aero 5pts
tie chinese illusions 5pts
tie new fiona apple 5pts
17.SLC punk 1pt
tie charlie dont surf 1pt

MCT others do round 1 if u still want in the game there are still valid points left everyone else this is round 2, round 3 is also goin on simultaneously in the ex gunner section so check it out

first place gets their choice of either GNR welcome to the videos dvd or Guns n roses making the fuckin video estranged keep playing research and think out your answers and dont forget the fact or fiction thats worth a point on its own!

have fun!

question

"chinese democracy will be out in 2004"
once again i have my answer and if someone hits on it like a few did last round u get extra points, so do a good job thinking about it!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
chineseilusions
Sweet home Alabama
VIP

Now that's a llama

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2003, 11:46:34 PM »

Fact, here are my points

1.)I think 2004 Will be the year of chinese democracy because thing are allready coming into shape for 2004 with RIR4 and a possible Germany show.I know this looks like history repeating its self but I knew Chinese Democracy would not be out in 2002-2003 as soon as the riot in Vancover Occured I felt that fucked any momentum for Guns n roses on that particular tour.

2.)I feel promotion has somewhat started with the re-release of welcome to the Videos and the '92tokyo show I know thise were thing that the old band did but,I think the record company is trying to see how much the name of Guns n Roses will appeal with the younger generation.

3.)I believe the new band had to take time to get the chemistry down and I believe it's there now and the band can work better with each other on stage and will be more able to put a better live show on for the crowd and will gain more fans with the better chemistry.
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2003, 12:05:17 AM »

FACT!

All bias aside, Axl knows it's down to crunch-time. He knows, and everyone else in the world knows, that if the album isn't released next year, it will be the end of GNR. As much as it pains me to say that, it's the truth. Never before has there been such a demanding presence for the album. Before now, even as bad as it's been for us, there have been halfway plausible excuses, or even filler info from Tommy or Dizzy, stuff we already knew. That's pretty much all I can say. Everyone associated with the band has to be about ready to explode. I think it will be the greatest album ever, and the new band is my favorite band ever, but they know, I know, we all know they HAVE to put it out next year. Their careers hang in the balance...

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2003, 12:13:49 AM »

I cant picture them not releasing it next year...

Then again, I cant picture them releasing it next year either...

Ill say fact.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2003, 01:27:20 AM »

I cant picture them not releasing it next year...

Then again, I cant picture them releasing it next year either...

Ill say fact.

hey booker go back and do round 1 and argue your fiction's u had excellent points but where u posted so many times i didnt know if u were playing or just responding to other people

cmon man this game has a chance to be really cool and fun

everyone dont forget to go over to the ex gunners section and do the one over there
« Last Edit: November 28, 2003, 01:29:06 AM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
ktucker450
Rocker

Don't follow my footsteps, i walk into poles

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2003, 01:32:44 AM »

Fiction
John Daniels
I wish I could edit this custom title.
VIP

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2003, 03:26:46 AM »

This is a fact. There is going to be Rock Inr Rio4, and we know Axl ain't for cashing. Now when Axl's out to play in RIR4 and has earlier said that "when I got some product finished(new songs to be played), then I'll give somekind of information", I would assume that this is somekind of information from Axl and that the next step after the gig will be album releasing/marketing process. so yes, this is more fact than fiction.  
axls#2
Fire, fire, fire
VIP

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2003, 10:14:10 AM »

I'll have to go with fact

1. axl stated numerous times on last years tour, that there would be a bunch of new songs the next time they came around.

2. Band members have said 2004 and we hear that they have began rehearsing again. And I doubt that they would start a tour again, with no new songs.

3. We have been hearing about the finishing touches for awhile, one of these times it will be true.

4. Re-releasing of DVD's to get the gn'r name out there some more

All of these things add up to indicate that the cd will be out this year. However, with gn'r nothing is 100 percent definite.

What Goes around comes around!
The New Fiona Apple
So, what do you think of my pic?
VIP

I guess I just wasn't made for these times

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2003, 10:38:49 AM »

I'd say fact.

Axl wouldn't go out of seclusion if he didn't have anything done.

?I only know what I read [in the press],?
Bobby Valentine

Vicarious Existence is a fucking waste of time
-Axl Rose
Lineker10
Living the life of a pirate in the Dominican Republic
VIP

Dancin' Down On The Sunset Strip

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2003, 11:18:00 AM »

Fact

Im gonna go for it on this one. I feel that this really is Gn'R's last chance in terms of Axls new Gn'R - they had RIR3 and Vegas behind them in 2001, things looked up and then....nothing. Weve seen more hope since then such as last years VMA's and brief tour outing - but I think this is it for the new Gn'R, its now or never. They have RIR4 - perfect opportunity to start some kind of tour to promote the new stuff, possible Euro festival/tour dates after that. They could start from there and then blast out across the world. So yes CD will be out in 2004! peace

Riot In Everyone!
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2003, 11:28:47 AM »

Fact

Everything has been building to this point. All the rumours, the build up has already began with the dvd's and the announcement of RIR4. We know they have been putting finishing touches to the album since September.

The 2002 tour was merely to remind people that GNR were still around, in hindsight it is clear the album was never intended for release then...it was just to keep impatient fans happy.

RIR4 will the warm up show to a summer tour with the album arriving no more than a month before RIR4 to ensure it is not damaged by the post Xmas sales lull.

Early January GNR will update gnronline.com and the promotion will kick off

Quick! To the bandwagon!
estranged88
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2003, 12:01:55 PM »

Fact, it has been stated that GNR would not tour again until they had the album out. Also, the record company will begin to SERIOUSLY push axl/the band to get the album out in 2004, knowing that they are going on tour again, which would be good promotion.   Also, with gnr playing RIR4, you can almost be sure they will play some new songs, and they would not want to "waste" anymore songs live, and not have them on the album.  However, if they put the album out just before RIR, then they will be able to play all the new songs the want ok

Why do you cook stove top in the oven???
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2003, 09:57:27 PM »

Fact!

--Tommy Stinson said it would be out prior to his album, which was/is scheduled for February or March.

--Tommy did not tour for a second time as was originally supposed to happen, suggesting he had GNR obligations.

--Rock In Rio 4 PLUS the possibility of more Euro dates. No way Axl allows more new tracks to leak to the bootleg hounds.

--Dizzy Reed mention on HH website, which said Dizzy was flying back to LA for rehearsals.

--The sudden cancellation of the Greatest Hits disc. Probably only cancelled by Geffen under the express condition that Axl get the album out in 04.

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2003, 10:30:47 PM »

Hey D what's up man?

Chinese Democracy will be out in 2004?

Well in my strong opinion....FACT

Let's lay some facts out here... I've been cussed out on this board because of my opinons. People say that they've been working on the album for like 10 years and blah blah what not. The truth is that this album has only been in the making for about 5 full years, which is still a long time but 5 years is 5 years. Axl Rose took the best thing in rock n' roll and made it into something different. Guns N' Roses are different. He took the top rock band and redid it. 1999 saw "Oh My God" and he did some random little interviews. We know that activity has been going on. The 4 shows in 2000 and 2001 bring us to believe "soon" is in Axl's dictionary.

The 2002 Asian leg and the VMA closing, then the U.S. tour that was cancelled and then NOTHING is heard from the band since.... come on. December of 2002 is the last thing we heard from Gn'R it is now 1 year later almost and still nothing but a confirmed date in Lisbon, Portugal. I say Chinese Democracy will start in 2004 for sure, whether it's in the summer or if the album is released December 31st 2004. It will be in 2004. The album has too much anticipation and hype for it not to be released. The album should be done, and their should be more then just 1 album done. Whatever Mr. Rose is doing, it's prevelant that he is doing something... something big. Too much time has passed and Rose knows it. 2004 will be the year of CD, no matter how we've all said "2002" is the year. Or if we said "2003" is the year. I truly believe that 2004 will be the year. And if it isn't I will personally not really care in 2005. Time takes a toll, Axl Rose being one of the best front men of all time knows that time is certain and important. His time is running out. Something must happen soon, like an album release.

Chinese Democracy starts in 2004!

TR

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
raoxsle
Banned
Rocker

Raoxsle is dead. You may call me....The Joker.

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2003, 12:35:22 AM »

Fact.

"There's no difference between me and everyone else. All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man to lunacy. That's how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day.&am
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2003, 10:14:53 PM »

Fiction

The album will be out december 31st, 2003  peace

But I've been known to be wrong from time to time.

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
Crowebar
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2003, 11:23:12 PM »

I believe that this is about to be a very well-known fact.  Shocked

Sometime before RIR4, the album will be out.  beer
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2003, 12:16:12 AM »

FACT.
There is only so many times Axl can put this off/push the album back. Geffen cant wait any longer. the time is now.
Alot of people are saying its finally done, and radio stations have started to get promotion for the album.
Also, i asked a boston DJ and he told me, he was told early 2004.
Plus I think it has to be out before RIR4 or any tour.
they cant keep playing hte same set list from 2000
« Last Edit: November 30, 2003, 12:18:32 AM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
ktucker450
Rocker

Don't follow my footsteps, i walk into poles

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2003, 01:22:54 AM »

I know everyone thinks this is a fact, but to me, in my mind chinese democracy will never come out, and I make myself keep thinkin this so that I'm not dissapointed if it doesn't come out.  So basically i won't be let-down.  but i'm really hopin it is out.
echrisl
VIP

Use My Delusion

« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2003, 02:22:12 AM »

Fiction

Chinese Democracy has been awaited by fans for many years.  We may argue about how long it's been in production, but whether you start counting from the release date of The Spaghetti Incident, the date that Slash left the band, or the date that Axl first mentioned he had begun work on a new Guns N' Roses album, the fact is that it has been a hell of a long time for one album.

Now fans may argue that Axl is working on three albums, and that's why this is taking so long, but that argument only lessens any chance that we will see Chinese Democracy in 2004.  If Axl was going to release the album when it was done, we would have the album already.  Many people who have heard the material have come out and said it is excellent, but no one who has heard the material has said when it will be released.  We have heard from several band members that they are done with their parts for the album, and indeed I believe some members have been saying that for years now.  No member has said that they have anything to do on the album that has not already been recorded.  Thus we can assume that the album has been done already for some time now.  If there has been no move to release it yet, they why would we expect that it will be released in 2004.  It has more than likely been shelved for a length of time known to no one, perhaps not even W. Axl Rose.  

There were members of the band who said that the album would come out in summer 2001.  There have been band members guessing when the album will come out for quite a while now, and the lack of specifics leads me to believe that the album has been done since at least 2001 and that these members have no clue when it will be released.

In short there is no actual reason that the album should not have been released already, and since it has not yet been released, we must conclude that Axl is not ready to release the album.  If he is not ready, then it is ludicrous to place any hope in a 2004 release, because there is no reason to believe he will be any more ready in 2004 than he was in 2001, 2002 or 2003.  The band has made no official communication about their future plans since the cancellation of the Chinese Democracy North American tour in 2002, and no explaination given.  They have been silent for over a year and they will remain silent about the album through 2004.  It would be a miracle if they mentioned why the tour was cancelled.

They may play out at RIR 4, and they may do other shows, but I do not expect any mention of Chinese Democracy to be made.  All questions about the album will be deflected or answered in riddles that have no meaning.  Everyone expected Chinese Democracy to be released after GNR announced RIR 3, and it wasn't.  Everyone expected Chinese Democracy to be released after the GNR appearance at the 2002 VMA's and it wasn't.  Everyone expected Chinese Democracy to be released after *insert appearance here* and it wasn't.  

Any thought that Chinese Democracy will be released in 2004 is 100% fiction.

*end of argument*

Hey D,

Great idea man, I thought I was the only one who watched around the horn, this is a great style for debates on this board.  (and it never hurts to suck up to the scorekeeper)

Enjoy the above post while it lasts ... lately posts made by those of us who maintain a firm grip on reality enjoy an infinitesimal lifespan. 

Yes, mods, I have noticed your fine work.  High Five!
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: