Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 06:27:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl has to know about Eddie & the Cruisers, he's doing the exact same thing
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl has to know about Eddie & the Cruisers, he's doing the exact same thing  (Read 5205 times)
grog mug
Legend

« on: October 08, 2003, 12:05:10 AM »

I know it's my first post, but I know Axl has seen Eddie & the Cruisers his actions are following the same pattern as the movies.  If you haven't seen this movie, you really need to see it if your a diehard GN'R fan its the best rock movie of all time as well as its sequel.
I'll explain everything thats the exact same  with Axl, just read it all it's really very interesting.....
Axl comes out with the best selling debut album of all time
Eddie comes out with the best selling debut album of all time

Axl's an asshole, Eddie's an asshole

Axl releases a few more albums and dissapears, Eddie releases a few more albums and dissapears

They both are out of public eye for years working on an album that people want to hear even though they don't want to release it (Season in Hell, Chinese Democracy).

They both continously work on it throughout the years in secret.

Eddie forms an all new band no original members but him, Axl also comes out of no where and does the same thing.

Eddie plays a few secret gigs until his first big break with the new band in front of thousands of people

Axl plays secret gigs (Vegas) until his first big break with his new band in Rio

These are just some of the comparisons with Eddie and the Cruisers and Guns N' Roses.  You have to see this movie its really weird how everything is the exact same with Axl.  In my opinion for some odd reason Axl is following the actions of this movie hoping he will become popular again just as Eddie did with his new material he kept secret for years until he finally released it with his new band.  It's just crazy to me, and I had to share it with you guys.  I know its my first post I still have many stories and suggestions to share with you all.  Thanks for reading.....see the movie seriously!!
Justin
« Last Edit: October 08, 2003, 12:07:16 AM by grog mug » Logged
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2003, 02:04:28 AM »

so eddie did eventually release the cd?

sounds good, thats very interesting how certain things mirror each other! cool observation, welcome to the board!!!!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Nightfall
The Evil Dutchess
VIP

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2003, 02:26:34 AM »

isn't is the other way around?
That this movie is based on Axl's way of things?

what are the releasedates of these movies...coz i don't know the movies and i'm just wondering...

and do they already release the cd in the first movie or in it's sequel Wink

Nightfall On Tour 2012:
NY: Februari 10 & 12
France: June 5, 11, 14 & 19
Scree
VIP

Waiting

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2003, 03:11:39 AM »

They both continously work on it throughout the years in secret.

CD must be the worst kept secret in history then LOL

Seriously tho, some great observations. Welcome to the board.

Life is a strange thing. Just when you think you've learnt how to use it it's gone.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2003, 03:53:24 AM »

isn't is the other way around?
That this movie is based on Axl's way of things?

what are the releasedates of these movies...coz i don't know the movies and i'm just wondering...

and do they already release the cd in the first movie or in it's sequel Wink

I remember the movie around 1984? Something like that. Great song from the movie too.

Funny comparisons though too.
rckn
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2003, 03:59:36 AM »

I think I have seen this one somewhere someday. Anyway excelent obsevation. I have been thinking this
a long time. What kind of contract Axl and his record company have? Does the company have the rights
to listen and observe recordings? Or is it all in Axl`s  hands. If he wants to delete, can he do it without
any control ? (Like in movie) This situation is ofcourse possible, if the company sues and tries to force him to release.

We should know the response of the people in this Strip Clup of Las Vegas. If it was positive in Axl?s mind,
then he is ready, if not then the wait continues. IRS got the response, that Axl needet, loads of emails.
He is testing, you know. And he is reading also these boards, ?couse it?s his source of hardcore fans and their
feelings. He decicated sometihing to "here today gone to hell" and Jarmo in Pukkelpop? I think. Not
without reading these boards, offcourse.
duffman
Rocker

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2003, 02:55:49 PM »

That movie is wicked old.  It definately came out before GNR.
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2003, 08:27:36 PM »

This post makes it seem like I'm old but I'm only 19!  I saw Gn'R in vegas dec 29 2001, and in columbus ohio.  Both great shows I actually met a girl that was dating Axl outside of his workout facility where he was kickboxing in the hard rock hotel but she said he didn't want to be bothered so I didn't get a chance to meet him!  Anyway that movie came out in the 80's, and there is two parts, its fucking bad you all really do need to check it out.  
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2003, 06:54:39 AM »

Wow...life imitating art?

Well Eddie's story ended happily...we need something like that now with Axl, what the hell is that man doing at he mo? Give me Chinese Democracy!!!!

Quick! To the bandwagon!
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2005, 12:29:23 AM »

Thought I'd bring this back.  Axl still hasn't released it looks like we might actually be waiting 20 years just like the Cruisers CD!  Maybe this publishing deal will show some light....
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2005, 08:16:06 AM »

Eddie and the Cruisers came out in 1983.  I never saw it, just did a web-search.  Thanks for the info.!  Excellent post.  Damn, I hope somethin' is in the works right now.  Maybe Kurt Loder could interview our favorite recluse and write a cover story for Rolling Stone this spring.  ..."Rising like a phoenix from the ashes of a burned-out mega-band of yesteryear...incendiary rock front-man Axl Rose is ready to re-claim his throne as king of the rock-n-roll world..."  This will be a beautiful day. Smiley   

Now, Axl hasn't released a completely new album with original material since 1991, correct?  For me, this has definitely been "14 years of sorrow, and 14 years of pain, it's been 14 years that are gone forever, that we'll never have again!"  How long did Eddie wait?

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Axl Z
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2005, 05:54:38 AM »

Eddie and the Cruisers - http://uk.imdb.com/title/tt0085475/

Eddie and the Cruisers II: - http://uk.imdb.com/title/tt0097262/

looks interesting man, might have to find a copy...  Wink

2002 - Docklands Arena, London
2006 - Hammersmith Apollo, London
2006 - Wembley Arena, London
2010 - O2 Arena, London
2017 - Olympic Park, London
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2005, 11:53:47 PM »

If you like GN'R and Axl this will become your favorite movie.  I'm not kidding I make people watch it all the time.  They all end up loving every bit of it.  Ecspecially the ending of Part II, it just gets you going ever time....good shit.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: