Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 18, 2024, 07:33:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228077 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Let's get at it, 2024
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Let's get at it, 2024  (Read 7684 times)
cineater
Legend

« Reply #140 on: June 05, 2024, 11:16:13 PM »

The eye doctor said I have an infection and inflammation in the left eye.  Nothing to do with the surgery.

I have a birthday coming up, my friends want to know what I want to do.  I really don't know.  What I really want is an evening from long ago, cool summer night at home with my college roommates.  Drink a few beers, smoke some pot, spin our music and just hang around the house all night.  No worries about tomorrow, no responsibilities, no obligations.   Cheesy

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
cineater
Legend

« Reply #141 on: June 06, 2024, 01:10:36 PM »

We just missed each other.  The Turkey Vulture was diving for road kill just I was coming up on it.  I slammed on the brakes and he veered.  Close enough I could see his face.  Those are pretty big birds.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #142 on: June 06, 2024, 11:57:57 PM »

Got my ass kicked at pinball this week.   hihi  I was playing 3 of the A list people.  No business playing them.  Held my own on Toy Story but two 4th places, one third and one second.  There is a new Elton John game Brian hopes to get.  A New Jersey Jack game.  Same makers of the GNR game.  I'm looking forward to playing it.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #143 on: June 10, 2024, 12:24:31 AM »

I thought that was pretty sweet.  He's 100 and she's 96 and they got married.   Both of them looked in real good shape.  Nobody asked if they were going to consummate the marriage.   hihi

I can't get use to the faces of the Amazon electric, delivery vans.  The headlights are round.  They look so foreign.  Watching the fleet roll out for daily deliveries would be a good commercial to promote electric cars.  Those vans are on the road all day.  Longer than most domestic users.

Speaking of gas hogs, Mike got the Super Bee back.  It's been in the shop having the hail damaged repaired.  Think they had it 6 weeks and replaced most of the body parts.  He's a happy camper.

Elton John pinball machine is in.  Knew he would cave and get it.  hihi  I got my ass kicked so bad I'm now second to last in the league.  Three more sessions to get my ass back in the playoffs.  He didn't say what machine he took out.  Please let it be Godzilla.  Can never get my ball up that back ramp!  Hopefully not Toy Story, not that I'm really great on it but a lot of people really suck.   hihi  I almost always get the Buzz Lightyear multiball.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #144 on: June 11, 2024, 02:03:15 PM »

First time that has ever happen.  Cracked the egg and the white was a bright green.  Google says could be a harmful bacteria, pseudomonas.  Suggested I smell it.  Hell no, it's green!   hihi  Anything it came in contact with got bleach water including the sink and countertop, dishwasher running right away.  Paper towels in trash and out the door.   hihi

cineater
Legend

« Reply #145 on: June 14, 2024, 11:58:18 PM »

So my disabled brother and his wife are both in the hospital.  They have covid, my brother is very weak and his wife may have had a small stroke.  Possibly had it when she was taking my other brother's truck back to him and clipped a parked car in his subdivision.  My mother and sister learned about this when the other brother stopped by their house, coughing and hacking, to tell them what was going on.  He's probably the one who gave my brother and wife covid and has exposed my mother and sister to covid.  Who are now on the phone to me wanting me to be the family social worker and straighten this all out.

Okay I know what to do.  You need to calm the fuck down.  I need you to go to their house tomorrow and feed the cats.  We are waiting until the hospital makes their assessment and tells us what needs to be done for them, then we'll discuss the options.  We don't need to rush to any decisions.  It's going to take some time.  No I don't need to come down there tomorrow.

Thing is less then a month ago, I suggested these two needed help and we needed to have a family meeting.  Mostly, for right now, I don't want to turn my brother's inheritance over to him when the time comes.  It's easier and less costly for my mother to act on some kind of conservatorship of those funds while she's still alive then us having to take it to court afterwards.  This might be the opportunity for the rest of the family to convince mom we need to stop putting bandaids on the situation and get set up to be sure he's taken care of.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #146 on: June 16, 2024, 12:27:55 PM »

Happy Father's Day   Cheesy

cineater
Legend

« Reply #147 on: June 16, 2024, 11:26:13 PM »

And my sister calls me with my mother on speaker phone!  I hate when people do that especially when they don't tell you.  I'm trying to tell her I think my brother's wife is neglecting him to the point his physical health is in danger but I don't want to give my mother any more to worry about.  My sister is reporting she can understand him better.  Yeah because he's not taking pills every few hours!  He's too weak to stand but is that the covid or neglect?  I'm half expecting the doctor to hotline her for neglecting him.  There's a lot more to my concerns then I want to go into but it's possible the wife has had more little strokes or is drinking again.  Anyway I sent my sister an email.  She's likely to tell my mother so it was carefully worded.  If I texted her she would read it outloud to my mom.  As it is she keeps saying I don't think the wife is concerned about him.  Stop saying those things around mom, she's a worrier. 

Anyway both are still in the hospital and the wife is getting back use of her hand.  She'll probably go home tomorrow.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: