Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 16, 2024, 02:49:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228448 Posts in 43273 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Let's get at it, 2024
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Let's get at it, 2024  (Read 14402 times)
cineater
Legend

« Reply #220 on: August 26, 2024, 09:33:05 AM »

I don't know if I got the cold going on at my daughter's house or it was working in the hoarder house yesterday but my sinuses are fucked.  I don't know how Susan has lived there all this time.  I noticed the cat's coat is looking bad and he's a big fluffy cat.  Hope she closes Thursday.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
cineater
Legend

« Reply #221 on: August 26, 2024, 11:55:32 PM »

Susan is locked in for Thursday!  Got all her connections and deliveries scheduled.  Went back and bought a few more pieces of furniture.  Looks like we're moving her this weekend.  Tomorrow she'll lock in the sale of the hoarder house.  We'll go back when they get it flipped.  The woman is amazing, excited, terrified and sad.  But first, we have to go to my old boss's retirement party.  September is starting early.

Daughter got sent home from work sick.  Sent her to bed.  Had the baby down for a nap and the house cleaned.  SIL called and needed me to hand a client some product.  Is that legal?   hihi  Plus he had chocolate chip cookies I couldn't touch!

cineater
Legend

« Reply #222 on: August 27, 2024, 01:09:27 PM »

Wait, wait, wait.  Susan texts me this morning and wants to know when I'm done mom sitting.  She wants to take some time off at the end of September or beginning of October and do fun stuff.  I'm jam packed in September and the overflow is being moved to October.  I do need a new best friend after losing Marsha.  Susan's a good candidate except she's adverse to anything outdoors.  And I did want to start doing more with my life than gardening.  But, geez this is a lot of incoming stuff to juggle and its not at all relaxing.   hihi

I was looking through some tubs at the hoarder house and at the bottom of one was a book about joy.  I've been looking for that.  I passed it by because who needs more shit.  Now I'm wondering if I should have taken it.  I'm toying with should I go back to the hoarder house to get it? 
« Last Edit: August 27, 2024, 03:27:45 PM by cineater » Logged

cineater
Legend

« Reply #223 on: August 27, 2024, 11:55:32 PM »

Oh damn it.   hihi  When it's put in your path, pick it up.  I'm going back to the hoarder house.  This better be a good book.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #224 on: August 29, 2024, 06:11:41 PM »

Woohoo, Susan is on her way to pick up the keys.  She and Benny the cat will be sleeping in their new home tonight.  It will be on a blow up mattress.  hihi  She says all things considered, it wasn't that bad.  Sign off on the hoarder house next week and it's all over.

Sandy and I are working on our Golden Girls gather around the kitchen table and talk it out.  We like the coffee and cheesecake but last night was, hey coffee is on and she just made brownies.  We had the suicided of a neighbor kid to remember and Sandy's brush with death.  And that Star Buck's mild, breakfast blend of coffee sucks.  She made a poor on sale decision and was really in need of a good cup at my place.  My coffee is nothing special.  Probably more of an indicator we have been doing this a lot lately.   Smiley

Wow, somebody on the block over got the dark blue siding.  Looks really good.  Makes me smile that we have color in the neighborhood.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #225 on: August 30, 2024, 08:24:28 PM »

Yeah, I don't know what's going on.  My foster son is coming in tonight for a week and we're moving Susan.  Nobody seems to have any concrete plans so I'm just going with the flow.   hihi

Did attend the retirement party for my old boss.  DJ was kind of freaking.  It's the first time she's been back since she retired.  Pulling into the lot she's saying this is activating my PTSD.  Look we're just going in, visiting, having something to eat and leaving.  We're not going back into the working area.  I get it, my first time back was a little freaky and I haven't been in the building.  We walk into the party and get a warm reception.  I can see the young faces I don't know going who are these people?  The faces I do know, it takes me a minute, they've aged.  I had a nice time.  This was home for many years for me and these people were family.  The building looks much the same just more worn out.  Nobody is talking work.  We did have a pretty lively discussion on how well you get treated when working in the private sector compared to working there.   hihi  We left, didn't really talk about it, go back to the lives we have now.  DJ did ask when she was going to see me again.  You know, someday soon, we have stuff coming up.  We're okay and you're not alone in this.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #226 on: August 31, 2024, 06:15:09 PM »

Kind of a freaky day.

I was at the garden waiting on my crew, only one other person there.  A Marsha look alike car pulls in.  For a flash I'm thinking why is Marsha parking there.  Catherine even mentioned it gave her a chill when she pulled in.

Susan's doctor wants to see her as soon as possible.  Her test results haven't posted to her online chart.  She's been feeling very tired lately and a shaky incident.  Today she was really tired and sweating.  We didn't really do that much.  She thinks it's the false indicator of blood cancer she tests positive for.  She put off the doctor until next week.

I did pick up the joy book.  We got most of what Susan wants out of the hoarder house.  I go back Monday to pick up a couple of things I'm taking.  Hopefully Susan feels up to cleaning out the storage locker tomorrow.  She didn't feel like it today.  She was going back to grab the cat and spend the first night in her new condo on the bed she had delivered today.

Wait, the title of the joy book is Creating Moments of Joy:  Along the Alzheimer's Journey.  Can I take that back to the hoarder house?   hihi
« Last Edit: August 31, 2024, 08:54:37 PM by cineater » Logged

cineater
Legend

« Reply #227 on: September 01, 2024, 12:13:05 PM »

Susan cancelled cleaning out the storage locker today.  It's coming crashing down on her.  I call it the hoarder house but it's her family home.  She grew up there and spent the last 4 years there watching her parents die.  The only physical things she has left that are familiar to her are the cat, her car and the office.  Did I mention they are remodeling the office here soon?  We've been through that mess before.   hihi  Says she is having some physical and mental health issues today.  Thinking I need to hang close for a while.  There isn't even furniture in the new place yet.

You know I would have had that storage locker cleaned out yesterday and the kitchen setup.  My motto, keep going because your exercise yesterday is going to catch up to you today.   hihi  My back will recover.  My right knee is telling me to knock it off, you know I don't have much time left.

Haven't heard from my son.  He's in town and hanging with the kids.  He'll come around at some point.

Oh good, Susan accepted my invite to do dinner later.  It's September, jam packed September.  I've got this, walk in the park.  Starting it off with a Dead concert, some coffee and a hot shower.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #228 on: September 02, 2024, 07:28:40 PM »

I hit treasure at the hoarder house.  Grabbed a bag of jewelry that was headed for Good Will.  Rings, pins from the Navy and fraternal organizations.  Real metals like gold and silver.  Couple of pieces of ivory.  The parks is going to shit when I hand them this bag.  I picked up cement Jesus for the nuns.  Got to weigh 50 pounds!  And he kept falling over in the car so I had to have my hand on his head.   hihi  That may be my last trip to the hoarder house.  There's a WWII Navy uniform the parks may want.  It's going to stink!

cineater
Legend

« Reply #229 on: September 03, 2024, 06:07:19 PM »

I ask my son if the woman at lunch was totally using the grandbaby to hit on my SIL.  Oh yeah and the SIL had no clue.  She cut out real quick when the baby puked up his entire lunch.   hihi  Good job baby chase that woman off.

I'm the cool grandma.  Got my 14 year old granddaughter a mini fridge for her room and some cool cash for her birthday.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #230 on: September 04, 2024, 09:26:57 PM »

Susan got the furniture yesterday, the washer and dryer today plus the stove.  HVac serviced today.  I'd like to say she is all in but we still have the storage locker to go and she's getting new windows.  Benny was sent to the cat spa to get the smell of the hoarder house out of his fur.  The parks doesn't want the Navy uniform so I may not have to go there again!

My son is leaving tonight.  The visit was good.  I'm ready for him to come home but he's still working out things in Ohio.

Another school shooting, damn.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #231 on: September 05, 2024, 02:04:12 PM »

Decided the treasure wasn't really what the parks collects and cashed it in.  $439.10.  Susan freaked, I freaked.  Told her I was keeping the dime.   hihi  Had no idea it was worth that much but I am good at spotting real jewelry.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #232 on: September 08, 2024, 11:30:53 AM »

The goal today is to clean out Susan's storage locker and then she will be all in that condo.  She skipped church this morning, says she's real tired.  Yeah, when is that doctor appointment?  How it all started with Marsha too, really tired.  Or, maybe it's just me, I work harder than most people.  I'm use to it but Susan is freaking me out a little bit.  If anybody deserves cancer, it's me.  There use to be a time when I deserved one of those sex diseases but you have fun getting that.   hihi  Shhh, don't repeat that.  I still maintain I'm a virgin or close enough.  Never want to tell a guy anything more than that.  Yeah, time to lie your ass off.

Update:  We had to stop by and check the hoarder house.  Was that the last time for me?  The buyer is delaying closing as his title person has been sick so some where towards the end of September.  Decided our new favorite restaurant, Billy G's, we've probably hit up too much and it's time to check out the other places.  Susan sees the doctor tomorrow.  1:00, she promised to text me.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2024, 08:47:55 PM by cineater » Logged

cineater
Legend

« Reply #233 on: September 10, 2024, 11:58:31 PM »

Susan's okay, they just wanted to change her Rx.  Could have did that over the phone, right?  You let your friends tell you what they want to tell you.

David Grohl made a statement about having a baby with a woman not his wife.  Wonder what prompted that?  Something for people to talk about I guess but did anybody congratulate him?  So many deaths, I'm not going to put down a birth.  What's her name?

cineater
Legend

« Reply #234 on: September 13, 2024, 01:34:32 PM »

I'm on mom sitting.  My sister left last night.  Mom's looking forward to coming up.  We'll go between the two houses.  We have a few things planned but she doesn't last long.  She wants me to do some yard work for her when I'm there but wants a few days on her own.  My sister is okay with that, we'll see how it goes.  My biggest worry is we have to use mom's car to transport her so my car will be at her house.  My car is my purse.   hihi  I have everything in there.  I have a feeling I'm going to turn into a bag lady transferring everything between cars.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #235 on: September 13, 2024, 09:39:14 PM »

I guess my house is staying beige or yellow depending on where you look at it from.  My insurance won't pay to reside the whole thing only the damaged sections even though there isn't a match for my siding.  I asked the sider to give me a bid on the whole thing but I think I will just use pieces from the neighbor's to fix mine.  I was liking changing our color to green.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #236 on: September 14, 2024, 09:28:27 PM »

Look mom, no acting out because my sister's out of town.  First she wants to spend some days on her own and now she wants to drive herself to therapy.  She hasn't driven in 6 months.  Does this sound like teenage behavior when the folks go out of town?  Stay home alone, drive the family car?  If she comes up here and asks my SIL if she can try some of his medical marijuana I'm going to call my sister and tell her she has to come home, now!   hihi

cineater
Legend

« Reply #237 on: Yesterday at 06:46:43 PM »

I knocked one of my bottles full of burning oil off the mantel.  I caught it before it hit the ground but it poured out and splashed everywhere.  No idea how you even clean that up.  I grabbed the bottle of Dawn with the little duck they cleaned up from the oil spill and used that.  I'm not sure if I got it cleaned up.  I guess whatever is left will collect dust and that will soak it up.  It may take years to clean that up.   hihi  Good catch though.  It was heading for my brick hearth.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: