Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 03:10:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Let's get at it, 2024
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Let's get at it, 2024  (Read 8541 times)
cineater
Legend

« Reply #160 on: June 28, 2024, 01:00:44 AM »

"When the shit hit the fan, it was all I could stand."   hihi  Not there yet but it's piling up.

Let me give you the short update.  The van is totaled and she's okay.  The accident was her fault and two other cars are damaged.  She has insurance but not for her car, only liability.  It's totaled, undrivable and has been junked.  We had a very productive day, took care of the car and all the forms for the medical bills help.  Took fuckng forever but I had a good time with my SIL and using my former employment skills.  As I left my brother's hospital room, stopped by the nurses station, he beeped them saying he needed a pain pill.  I told them no he doesn't and he is drug seeking, he was, believe me.  They told me by state law if he asks for them, they have to give it to him.  I requested they inform the doctor what I said and that his wife standing right next to me was in agreement.  We'll address that later.

I did get in their house, it's fine.  We need to do a little cleaning.  My family has no idea what a filthy, unsellable house is.  My friend Susan is dealing with that.  Brother number one caught up to us there.  Again, the short story.  His son is in jail for trafficking.  I'm not sure what kind.  I assume drugs.  He's going to prison.  The bond is unreachable and the bail bondsman told my brother don't do it.  My nephew has been a hot mess for years.  Little different approach with my brother this time.  Reassured him he was a good parent.  None of this is his fault.  My nephew has been going full speed down this road and nothing anyone could do could stop him.  I gave him permission to do nothing.  Leave him there and let the public defender have it.  He knows his child is safe and not putting anyone else in danger.  We'll know where he is and he can't get into any more trouble.  You know, except the prison kind.   hihi  This brother also has some health issues going on.  Told him I needed him to take care of himself first before he tries to take of anyone else.  I sent him home with nothing to do.  I'm on it.  I could see the relief on his face.

And to end my evening, my daughter texted the baby was puking. 

I'm already kicking down the door to heaven and demanding some answers on my way in.  Add punching somebody for my friend Marsha.  I wouldn't take me now.  I'm still pissed.  I wouldn't keep adding to it.   hihi

Actually, I'm glad this shit is finally coming to a head in my family.  Lets get it out there and deal with it.  I can take care of it all at once.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
cineater
Legend

« Reply #161 on: June 28, 2024, 04:06:27 PM »

Sometimes this  hihi means hysterical laughter.   hihi

My brother is such a drama queen.  My nephew got caught with 40 pain pills in his pocket while sitting in his car.  They charged him as a dealer.  Flip that around to he's an addict and those charges all change.  If the kid didn't tell on himself or they have more evidence, this is workable.  The real truth?  My guess is half for him and half to sell.  He's too much of a user to make this a business.  He's got a lot of a criminal history to support the addict defense that will come in handy.

I'm trying to get through to my brother if he makes this easy for him, he's not going to turn his life around and become a model citizen.  I remind him of our participation on the wrong side of the law and what it took to turn us around and for us to leave that behind.  I'm okay with him participating in getting the charges reduced but he plans to bail him out if it gets low enough.  My question for him is, to do what?  What is he going to do when he's out?  With pending charges, who is going to hire him?  What is he going to do with his day?  Have you heard anything out of him that says he's learned his lesson?  Any reason for my brother to believe he won't be right back here for similar reasons next year or maybe even a day later?  I've been trying to make this point with my brother for years and so far no success.

Okay, were not shooting for model citizen but you follow my drift.   hihi

cineater
Legend

« Reply #162 on: June 28, 2024, 09:26:19 PM »

I also found out my sister-in-law has Huntington's Disease.  It will eventually take away her ability to care for herself, let alone my brother.  My sister was shocked.  Why didn't we know?  Does my sister in law know?  Of course she does, she told me, but it takes a long time to kill you.  Explains some of the things we've seen or why we thought she was brain damaged.  Doesn't really change my long term plans to help them just adds to what we need to do.  My sister is on board to help but she's taking care of my mother.  Brother number one is more calm today and pitching in.  We're going to bring in the SIL sister if she wants to be involved.  See who we can get from her side of the family to help although I don't think there are many people. 

My next step is getting all the accounts set up online so I can access things such as medical records, income sources, public assistance accounts.  And getting all those legal things so somebody can take action if they are unable to.

So the Republican next door asked if I watched the presidential debate.  I just said no.   hihi "Oh you have to."  No, I just have to figure out a way out of this conversation NOW!   hihi

cineater
Legend

« Reply #163 on: Yesterday at 05:03:05 PM »

The car is losing it's little computer mind again.  I've noticed when the car sits in the sun is when the warning lights come on.  As I drive it, the lights start to go off.  The one is a sensor problem but the other one is telling me the car computer is not working right.  That could be expensive to fix.  I may have to go to the dealer on this one.

Holy fuck, my brother listen to me.  He has a doctor appointment on the 12th.  I forgot about that big sister power I have over him.  It's been so long since I used it.   hihi

My friend has finally called for a dumpster to clean out her parent's hording house.  She thinks it's going to take a week just to do the top floor.  Oh sister you have no idea how quickly I can throw shit out.  She thinks we're leaving the second floor and the garage to be hired out.  By the end of the week, barring family shit, it's going to be done.  Hang with me, keep the temps down and the coffee flowing, 3 days, it's out of here.  Thankfully she has realized there's nothing in there worth saving or anybody else wants.  I did rescue a cat statue that was her mother's from the front yard clean up.  I think she'll change her mind when it's all said and done and take it back.  She's a cat person and it's only right it be on her front porch.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: