Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 11:14:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228124 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N Roses Having Trouble Selling Tickets for 2020 Tour
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N Roses Having Trouble Selling Tickets for 2020 Tour  (Read 16294 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2020, 09:56:51 AM »

Yes, lots of big tours taking place during the summer months.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2020, 10:57:50 AM »

Price is absolutely the main factor for me.  For Wrigley Field, two decent seats cost *at least* $600.00, more if you want an aisle seat. I've gone on LiveNation a couple times and selected seats, but always stop short once I see all the fees tacked on.

If I'm spending the better part of a grand on a show, it better fucking be something special.  Other than flashing "the next chapter" on those promos, they've done very little else to indicate that's going to be the case.  Right now, they're acting like they're the Stones who can gouge prices...just because.

That's how much they are?  The Stones priced me out of their concert and while the Dead tickets are less, they priced my friends who weren't all that into them out of the concert.  I'm finding just when life is allowing me the time to go back to attending concerts, I've been priced out.  Hope you folks who go have a really good time.

Yeah, that’s where we’re at now unfortunately. And while rich boomers can pay that kind of dough for The Stones and The Who, I’m not sure what GNR are doing charging that much. Hopefully they announce “something” soon that makes paying that much make a little more sense.

Wait, I'm a boomer and so are my friends.  We're not paying those prices.  We blame the fucking millennials for throwing money around instead of paying off that large student debt they ran up.  hihi 

I don't think it's the people buying driving up the price, they're the victim of the crime.  I don't think it's anyone entity that caused the problem.  Too many in on the pot and everybody looking to make a profit.  I wouldn't even say the profit to anyone group is all that extraordinary.  Don't really know but they've lost my business.  Wouldn't surprise me if the whole thing crashes and burns like the record companies did.
The first mistake was allowing a monopoly when George H.W. Bush allowed Ticketmaster to buy Tickettron.

🙄🥱

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2020, 02:50:48 PM »

So...There's a glut of rock bands trying to charge $600.00 (or more) for a pair of tickets and they're having trouble selling out.  This is profound.  Quick, someone call Scotland Yard and let's get to the bottom of this.

Damn, seems like only yesterday $75 get you right next to the stage...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2020, 03:12:44 PM »

That was probably when people were paying $10-20 for plastic discs with music on them.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2020, 03:16:18 PM »

That was probably when people were paying $10-20 for plastic discs with music on them.....

/jarmo

Yeah it sucks.  Ultimately, it's the consumer who's punished by things going the way they're going in the music industry.  Those palatial mansions and helicopter rides to the shows aren't going to pay for themselves, and when concerts are the only things making that kind of dough for these artists it's the fans who pay the price.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2020, 03:58:03 PM »

Not every musician lives in mansions and ride helicopters to the venues. Jeez. And I bet it's not the artists who set the prices either. So... Your misguided finger pointing is once again off....

Everything is on a bigger scale these days. It's not cheap to keep a stadium tour on the road. In fact, some of the biggest tours didn't start making money until months into the tours (look at the 360° tour by U2 for example).

There's still a lot of places that don't get a lot of shows because it's not economically viable to bring shows there.

/jarmo

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2020, 04:00:43 PM »

Not every musician lives in mansions and ride helicopters to the venues. Jeez.

/jarmo

Axl does. And if the shoe fits...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2020, 04:58:01 PM »

LOL

Explain why ticket prices have changed even though he's lived in the same place for quite some time....

Your misguided remarks are just that. Misguided. Any chance you get to complain, you'll take.... Smiley

/jarmo

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2020, 05:02:40 PM »

LOL

Explain why ticket prices have changed even though he's lived in the same place for quite some time....

Your misguided remarks are just that. Misguided. Any chance you get to complain, you'll take.... Smiley

/jarmo

Jarmo, Jarmo, Jarmo....Man, for your sake, and for the credibility of this site, I really hope an album drops during this tour.  Honest, I do.  Because if it doesn't, you'll be sitting in the proverbial dunce chair with the word "misguided" stamped right on your forehead.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2020, 05:09:13 PM »

Ah, you can't prove me to being wrong so you try to insult me.  Cheesy

The difference is that I'm not misguided. If that happens, I'll admit to being wrong!

Oh, and you can blame it on the artists' living costs....

/jarmo

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2020, 05:13:54 PM »

Ah, you can't prove me to being wrong so you try to insult me.  Cheesy

The difference is that I'm not misguided. If that happens, I'll admit to being wrong!

Oh, and you can blame it on the artists' living costs....

/jarmo

Who's insulting who?  I think you're misguided, you think the same about me.  Admitting you're wrong once the album inevitably doesn't materialize won't have made you any less misguided.  It just makes you somewhat honest about how very wrong you were.  I could be wrong, but I'm not sure medals are rewarded for that.

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2020, 06:14:27 PM »

The first mistake was allowing a monopoly when George H.W. Bush allowed Ticketmaster to buy Tickettron.

🙄🥱

The truth hurts.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
dsaddler78
Rocker

« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2020, 09:50:37 PM »

yeah damn these crazy fees and tax. I got my tickets for the pit in Detroit on day 1. with all the fees it was 575 for 2 tickets face value. plus all the damn competition this year. I also just had to spend almost 200 with all the fees for pit to Megadeth/Lamb of God. It is no wonder these shows across the board aren't selling all that well just yet
cineater
Legend

« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2020, 11:32:49 PM »

I think it's those huge stadiums that sit there vacant most the year that have to be paid for in just a few uses.  Those employees it takes to run the place, serve food and provide security that require a weekly salary if you want them coming back to work even though they only work a few days a week.  You don't see those prices with Broadway shows because they work every night and stay put.  You do see high ticket prices on the sports events.  They priced me out of those too.

You get to the band and what it takes to move them around and all their equipment and the expenses are just piling up.  We get reports on the gross income, we never see the net.  I suspect it's not what we're led to believe.

Helicopter rides ended a few weeks ago.  Anybody want to get on a helicopter?  no

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
cineater
Legend

« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2020, 11:54:31 PM »

Not every musician lives in mansions and ride helicopters to the venues. Jeez.

/jarmo

Axl has stayed put for around 30 years.  His place is either paid for or almost there.  If he didn't fuck up and take out a second, he should have a big old grin on his face where housing is concerned.  Yeah there is remodeling but he's not home enough to worry about it.

I guess it is the helicopter, snow packed roads or stuck in the desert sand.  hihi  I'm not really liking Axl's ride options but as long as he gets there, we're good.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2020, 02:10:41 AM »

Who's insulting who?  I think you're misguided, you think the same about me. 

Let me explain what exactly I object to, where I see no logic in your comments:

Misguided, when one think the ticket prices are due to artist's housing costs even though said artist has lived in the same location for decades, yet ticket prices have gone up during the same time.

I think it's just you being you. Having to find something to blame Axl for. So, of all things, it's his house that makes tickets expensive. 

/jarmo

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2020, 07:12:40 AM »

Price is absolutely the main factor for me.  For Wrigley Field, two decent seats cost *at least* $600.00, more if you want an aisle seat. I've gone on LiveNation a couple times and selected seats, but always stop short once I see all the fees tacked on.

If I'm spending the better part of a grand on a show, it better fucking be something special.  Other than flashing "the next chapter" on those promos, they've done very little else to indicate that's going to be the case.  Right now, they're acting like they're the Stones who can gouge prices...just because.

When I checked the other day, I couldn't find any "original tickets" for Wrigley.  Looked sold out with only secondary market seats available.  Did they release more?

Edit: Just checked again...all resale tickets.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2020, 07:17:18 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2020, 07:20:41 AM »

Guess you have to buy the original tickets directly from the venue?

TM actually has some better deals, resale, at the moment.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2020, 12:46:09 PM »

Foo Fighters just announced their tour as well. Sort of amazed how saturated the market is this summer.
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2020, 01:03:47 PM »

Foo Fighters just announced their tour as well. Sort of amazed how saturated the market is this summer.

Not on the same level but heard Faith No More & Korn are touring together as well
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: