Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2024, 11:30:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  H?meenlinna, Finland, 1st July
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: H?meenlinna, Finland, 1st July  (Read 22579 times)
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2017, 06:37:39 PM »

Yeah, let the dust settle in this one and see what people think. Some very mixed things being said online. Would like to know if any explanation was given for late start or not too.

Just curious, did the opening bands start late as well, or was there a long gap between the last opener and GNR?

I heard a rumour that the band arrived very late to the venue. It is a little over one hour from the capital Helsinki where the airport is located.

Something has not been right but why. Sunrise there is at 3:54, which is in a couple of hours. Maybe then we will find the answers Roll Eyes
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2017, 06:41:14 PM »

Things have been creeping later in recent shows worryingly....

I don't think it could be that the band arrived late- there were photos of them soundchecking this afterrnon, so they were on site. Don't know about axl of course.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #42 on: July 01, 2017, 06:48:22 PM »

Don't know about axl of course.

Sorry, the band is not only Axl anymore but that's what I meant really. This is scary why this is happening but let's wait for real information.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #43 on: July 01, 2017, 06:52:53 PM »

Sorry, the band is not only Axl anymore but that's what I meant really. This is scary why this is happening but let's wait for real information.

Yeah absolutely. I'm sure we'll get more information, and let's hope it will be a one off.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #44 on: July 01, 2017, 07:00:56 PM »

Yeah absolutely. I'm sure we'll get more information, and let's hope it will be a one off.

This just makes me sad because Finland is a very organised country and they do things with Germany or Switzerland type precision. But a small country can't hold big events for some reason now.

The Summer Olympics were there in 1952 though Grin
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #45 on: July 01, 2017, 07:16:54 PM »

This just makes me sad because Finland is a very organised country and they do things with Germany or Switzerland type precision. But a small country can't hold big events for some reason now.

The Summer Olympics were there in 1952 though Grin

Maybe not the fault of the country though!

axe
Rocker

« Reply #46 on: July 01, 2017, 07:22:39 PM »

Yeah the start was an hour late but actually that was a good thing because the sun was shining bright from the right side of the stage straight into the audience's eyes. When it went behind the trees the show started. Was that on purpose or not?

The encore was Dont Cry, Rosie, Patience, Seeker and PC.

Great show but another huge  disappointment from the Finnish organisers. All they know how to organise are long lines.
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #47 on: July 01, 2017, 07:25:37 PM »

Yeah the start was an hour late but actually that was a good thing because the sun was shining bright from the right side of the stage straight into the audience's eyes. When it went behind the trees the show started. Was that on purpose or not?

The encore was Dont Cry, Rosie, Patience, Seeker and PC.

Great show but another huge  disappointment from the Finnish organisers. All they know how to organise are long lines.

Nice encore!!  beer
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #48 on: July 01, 2017, 07:33:40 PM »

This is a very good point. Sporting events are sometimes disrupted because of bad weather. Seemingly good weather could actually be bad for some other usage.

However, the organisers know the times. I mean they should know. It is not magic that our Sun has risen and set at exactly the same time for billions of years on this planet.

That said, the show in Germany was delayed because of June Rain.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 07:36:12 PM by Lord Stan » Logged
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #49 on: July 01, 2017, 07:42:33 PM »

Great encore! I am sort of frustrated though that the set has been seemingly extended for the last few dates of the tour. Good for those going of course- not so ideal for all those who have already been! Ah well.

Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #50 on: July 01, 2017, 07:44:33 PM »

Great encore! I am sort of frustrated though that the set has been seemingly extended for the last few dates of the tour. Good for those going of course- not so ideal for all those who have already been! Ah well.

I'm going on Tuesday, I'll let you know hihi
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #51 on: July 01, 2017, 07:47:13 PM »

I'm going on Tuesday, I'll let you know hihi

Jealous of that.

Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #52 on: July 01, 2017, 08:24:10 PM »

As for media reports here is one. It says why the band is just the best the world has ever known:

http://www.iltalehti.fi/viihdeuutiset/201707022200240584_vd.shtml
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #53 on: July 01, 2017, 09:29:44 PM »

It is confirmed there was no Michael Monroe.

Why? We have to wait for some book in 30 years time.
axe
Rocker

« Reply #54 on: July 01, 2017, 09:43:01 PM »

No Monroe or anything like that. The setlist pretty much the same as in Stockholm but no Sorry, and Out Ta Get Me instead of My Michelle, and Duff sang New Rose.
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #55 on: July 01, 2017, 10:42:08 PM »

Just got back from the show.

GN'R was supposed to start at 20:45. Guns were firing at 21:35 and Mc bob started the show Exactly at 21:45. I didnt mind this at all, and most people around me were the same. (i kinda like when you dont know when the gig starts) Im not sure but i suspect that The Darkness were running a little late, but they finished at latest around 20:20

The show was over at 00:50 So it was a 3h5min set!!

No Michael Monroe duets

The security cue to the venue took about 45mins and during that time there was enough free wine being passed around from strangers to make me and my friends wasted before entering the venue. (no alcohol inside the venue so the cue was one booze fest)

Edited to add:

Axl was in a great mood, the crowd was really calm, i was in front / middle of regular standing area. Axl made some comments about the calm crowd that went something like this ''is it ok if we play some more songs? cause i dont wanna piss anybody off'' this was said in a joking tone.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 10:56:01 PM by rebelhipi » Logged

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
rebelhipi
Legend

« Reply #56 on: July 01, 2017, 11:03:44 PM »

Like someone above said, the late start was actually great, cause the sun was shining on the crowd when they were supposed to start, and it actually got quite darkish for the last hour, so we got a better light show!

Some of my highlights were Outta Get Me, Rosie, Estranged, New Rose.

Black Hole Sun was started by a short piano solo by Dizzy. Im not sure if they did that before.

There was also a small episode when Layla was started twice cause the Piano was not audible.

Overall it was a killer show, longest GNR show ive seen which is awesome . I think i enjoyed the Bangkok gig more, mostly because of the great crowd, being closer to the stage, and better lightshow cause it was dark in Bangkok

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
rebelhipi
Legend

« Reply #57 on: July 01, 2017, 11:30:56 PM »

The Set:
It?s So Easy
Mr. Brownstone
Chinese Democracy
Welcome To The Jungle
Double Talkin? Jive
Better
Estranged
Live And Let Die
Rocket Queen
You Could Be Mine
You Can't Put Your Arms Around A Memory/New Rose
This I Love
Civil War
Yesterdays
Coma
Band Intros
Slash Guitar Solo (Johnny B Goode Jam /Godfather)
Sweet Child O' Mine
Out Ta Get Me
Wish You Were Here/Layla/
November Rain
Black Hole Sun
Only Women Bleed (instrumental)/Knockin' On Heaven's Door
Nightrain

Encore:
Jam (Melissa)/Don?t Cry
Whole Lotta Rosie
Patience
The Seeker
Paradise City

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #58 on: July 02, 2017, 03:35:44 AM »

Some good videos already, you can always trust Finnish tech with Nokia and everything. Can't link on the phone but there they are, Youtube and filter with anything uploaded lately.
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #59 on: July 02, 2017, 04:11:15 AM »

Quick report: MM and The Darkness were both on time, GN'R an hour late. Not that it matters, at least to me Cheesy The show was amazing, just unbelievable. I've read a few reviews already from major Finnish papers and they've all praised it. The band was in a great mood the whole night. No Monroe collaboration though! But Duff wore a Smack shirt Smiley

Getting in and out of the venue was a nightmare.

Edit. Just woke up in Tampere, looks like everyone here is wearing a GN'R shirt Cheesy
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 05:07:53 AM by kaasupoltin » Logged

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: