Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 11:13:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  U.S. Arena tour?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: U.S. Arena tour?  (Read 19435 times)
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2016, 01:32:28 PM »

WOOO!

I missed the first leg because I was broke at the time. Maybe the tix will even be cheaper since the reunion buzz has leveled.

Never thought I'd get the chance to see GNR live (with Slash, that is). Grin

Wrong.

Your cheapest way to see the band would of been to see them in 60 000 stadium and one of the low end tickets in the second night of a two night date

Tickets for a 15 000 are not going to be cheap.   They will play smaller markets they didn't hit the first time but for a extremely high ticket price

And I will pay it

But since they're playing smaller markets, the ratio of potential concertgoers to available tickets will stay the same as in bigger markets with bigger venues, right?

The ticket prices might stay the same.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2016, 04:04:54 PM »

WOOO!

I missed the first leg because I was broke at the time. Maybe the tix will even be cheaper since the reunion buzz has leveled.

Wrong.

Your cheapest way to see the band would of been to see them in 60 000 stadium and one of the low end tickets in the second night of a two night date

Tickets for a 15 000 are not going to be cheap.   They will play smaller markets they didn't hit the first time but for a extremely high ticket price

And I will pay it

But since they're playing smaller markets, the ratio of potential concertgoers to available tickets will stay the same as in bigger markets with bigger venues, right?

I am thinking the average ticket price will increase.   

And  people are just assuming the markets will be smaller.  I am sure they will hit New York  Vegas  la.   And the Canadian markets are not that small either and there is tons of money here.

Look for expensive tickets
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2016, 04:30:16 PM »

WOOO!

Wrong.

And I will pay it

And  people are just assuming the markets will be smaller.  I am sure they will hit New York  Vegas  la.   And the Canadian markets are not that small either and there is tons of money here.

How do you know the venues will be smaller then?

Could might as well be stadiums, and I definitely don't see a rise in prices then.

If they are playing small venues in big markets, then yes.

Sweetness is a virtue
MNGS717
Rocker

« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2016, 06:08:06 PM »

So Canada and the us look like they're happening? Meanwhile Europe is yet to see a single official 'patience sign? Fuck this-i'm not missing out again. Looks like I'd better get saving for a plane ticket to America!

"Patience" bus stop sign seen in Madrid here(3rd photo). https://paradisecity.com/post/5838752425203553658b459f/new-dates 
Not like others but seems to be what you are looking for..

12/6/02 Philly
11/20/11 Wilkes-Barre,PA
2/23/12 Silver Spring, MD
5/13/14 Bethlehem,PA
6/26/16 Landover,Md
7/14/16 Philly
8/13/17 Hershey
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2016, 06:19:24 PM »

WOOO!

Wrong.

And I will pay it

How do you know the venues will be smaller then?

Could might as well be stadiums, and I definitely don't see a rise in prices then.

If they are playing small venues in big markets, then yes.

Really??

I am glad I got off of what is being talked about

What is being advertised

What the title of this thread is

Arena not stadium

If the market is there prices will be higher.   

People better not complain.   

If you want cheap tickets go see them in these giant stadiums and giant festivals.

I prefer smaller venues.   

Hockey arenas are perfect for live music.   

Hope they play Vegas again as I missed them last time

Hope they change up the set list. Advertise it and change a ticket price that reflects it.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2016, 06:48:31 PM »

What is being advertised

What is being advertised?

Arena not stadium

The title of the thread... what is that based on? Nothing's been announced.

If there's an arena tour I highly doubt we'll see a major increase in ticket prices, especially if they're doing smaller markets like the one mentioned in the OP.

Vegas though is a perfect example of a small venue in a big market, prices will be high.

Sweetness is a virtue
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2016, 07:03:35 PM »

What is being advertised

What is being advertised?

Arena not stadium

The title of the thread... what is that based on? Nothing's been announced.

If there's an arena tour I highly doubt we'll see a major increase in ticket prices, especially if they're doing smaller markets like the one mentioned in the OP.

Vegas though is a perfect example of a small venue in a big market, prices will be high.

Who ever said major?

Prices will be higher for arena shows if the market demands it.    Easy

There has been advertising in markets that only has arenas.  That is the whole point of his

But like you said.  The op pointed out why this is a threat.  Why he saw something locally.

Why would anyone want a smaller venue at cheaper tickets??? 

Let's get every bum out that couldn't afford the 40 bud for the satadiim shows. ....  ugh. No

Let's play small Venues.  With a great set list    For a good price.

I will not however see gnr here in Edmonton if the set list is exactly the same as this tour.    Nope.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2016, 07:10:35 PM »

Who ever said major?

I did...

...and I don't disagree. I just said that if they play smaller markets the ratio would probably remain unchanged.

To be clear, I never said cheaper tickets. I said it might remain the same.

Sweetness is a virtue
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2016, 08:03:27 PM »

First of all, we have NO IDEA what size venues they are lining up. Ads on billboards mean very little.

But if they are doing smaller shows, I'm sure they will still be bigger venues in places like NYC, that's just common sense. I highly doubt prices will increase. They will at least stay the same, roughly speaking (of course no nosebleeds in smaller venues).
« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 08:05:04 PM by PermissionToLand » Logged

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2016, 11:02:43 PM »

Who ever said major?

I did...

...and I don't disagree. I just said that if they play smaller markets the ratio would probably remain unchanged.

This conversation wa smoke talking to a wall

I get it. Big market  big process. Small market small process.

Who said this. Who said that

People on this board have had zero luck at success.  Predicting future business.   

Don't not quedtionnmennwuedtion the band pal.

And enjoy your free cheap bum online streaming
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2016, 11:30:12 PM »

What are you arguing about again?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2016, 05:41:47 AM »

The price of tea in China.  hihi

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2016, 06:20:51 AM »

Who ever said major?

I did...

This conversation wa smoke talking to a wall

I get it. Big market  big process. Small market small process.

Who said this. Who said that

People on this board have had zero luck at success.  Predicting future business.   

Don't not quedtionnmennwuedtion the band pal.

And enjoy your free cheap bum online streaming

You said "smaller markets that they didn't hit the first time but for a extremely high ticket price".

I just don't think the prices will rise that drastically, simple.

You seem to think that I don't wanna pay the price or something.... I have no clue where you got that idea. I'm not even in the States, I'm not going to these shows, I was merely making a comment giving my view on price and demand.

When the Euro dates are coming around, I'll attend a couple of shows regardless of the price.

Sweetness is a virtue
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2016, 11:15:47 AM »

Back on topic...

US/Canada arena run in March/April, then somewhere within May-Aug for Europe seems realistic, no?

Sweetness is a virtue
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2016, 11:40:16 AM »

Back on topic...

US/Canada arena run in March/April, then somewhere within May-Aug for Europe seems realistic, no?

Dubai is closer to Europe than the US.

From that point of view, it would make sense to do Europe first. Also, the outdoor season is kinda short in some parts of Europe, but you can always play indoor venues when it's cold.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2016, 11:50:53 AM »

Back on topic...

Dubai is closer to Europe than the US.

From that point of view, it would make sense to do Europe first. Also, the outdoor season is kinda short in some parts of Europe, but you can always play indoor venues when it's cold.

/jarmo

That's what I had in mind, March/April is still sorta soon for an evening outdoor concert many places in Europe, but of course there could be a longer break after Dubai.

Production-wise, how much equipment do they bring from home beside their instruments? I think that's what you were hinting at, the logistics.

For the stage itself, it wouldn't matter if they played Dubai, then went back home for a leg, and then to Europe? The stage construction is materials provided locally isn't it? Maybe even more so if the NA leg is in fact an arena run, much of the on-stage production would be different stuff, like in Vegas.

I'm just thinking out loud here, but the giant screens, staircases and everything might not fit on an arena stage.

Sweetness is a virtue
Cowboy Buddha
VIP

Balls of Molten Steel

« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2016, 11:56:30 AM »

There's a billboard sighted in Minnesota. Off of HWY 52

I will not change this Sig. until Vikings, Twins, Wild, T-Wolves or any MN teams win a Championship (10/16/06)
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2016, 11:57:54 AM »

There's a billboard sighted in Minnesota.

The cities these have been popping up at lately, are they exclusively cities that didn't have a concert this year? Just curious.

Sweetness is a virtue
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2016, 02:01:43 PM »

So Canada and the us look like they're happening? Meanwhile Europe is yet to see a single official 'patience sign? Fuck this-i'm not missing out again. Looks like I'd better get saving for a plane ticket to America!

"Patience" bus stop sign seen in Madrid here(3rd photo). https://paradisecity.com/post/5838752425203553658b459f/new-dates 
Not like others but seems to be what you are looking for..

Cheers. Had spotted that, but not entirely convinced it's genuine. Looks just a bit different in font, and we've not seen one like that yet. I like the look of the bit on that Portugese paper though (see other thread!)

For me, the American dates coming much later in 2017 makes more sense- do Europe in the summer, then back to USA for indoor shows. It's strange though that these shows are receiving some sort of promotion if they are to take place after Europe, and we're not seeing much promotional activity in Europe. Could we be looking at America in the summer, then perhaps indoor shows in Europe later in the year?

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Cousin It
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2016, 03:49:08 PM »

Just spotted a GNR Welcome to the Jungle billboard off of route 581 in Camp Hill, PA, which is relatively close to Hershey! Saw them in Pittsburgh and Philadelphia over the summer, but Hershey would be ideal for me if the ban is lifted!

6/11/91, 12/16/91, 07/17/92, 11/22/02, 05/14/06, 05/15/06, 11/13/06, 11/20/11, 11/26/11, 2/23/12, 5/13/14, 7/12/16, 7/14/16, 8/13/17, & 7/31/21
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: