Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 08:18:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228126 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  U.S. Arena tour?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: U.S. Arena tour?  (Read 19342 times)
Cowboy Buddha
VIP

Balls of Molten Steel

« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2016, 04:13:21 PM »

http://m.startribune.com/yes-those-billboards-mean-guns-n-roses-is-coming-to-town/403606386/

I will not change this Sig. until Vikings, Twins, Wild, T-Wolves or any MN teams win a Championship (10/16/06)
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2016, 05:43:06 PM »

I honk arenas are a lot trucker to book than stadiums.

An arena can be filled 300 nights a year   What's an American football arena filled for?  15 dates tops?  Double that if they all host an MLS team like Seattle

So if you have to book an arena a lot sooner you should get promotion and and announcement sooner

Here in Edmonton they are advertising arena concerts one years away. How could anyone book a ticket for 1 year away! Haha.  I can only do that for blue jays games

So perhaps Europe will be stadium shows and they don't need as much notice to book a venue
stlkiss
Opening Act

« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2016, 07:23:05 PM »

Just saw one in St. Louis. They wouldn't tease and disappoint St. Louis two tours in a row would they?
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #43 on: November 29, 2016, 07:25:56 PM »

Just saw one in St. Louis. They wouldn't tease and disappoint St. Louis two tours in a row would they?

Nah. It's about time they had a good ol'fashioned punch-up!

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
JeffK
Rocker

« Reply #44 on: November 29, 2016, 11:58:39 PM »

The Canadian cities with confirmed billboards so far are Regina, Winnipeg and Montreal...along with Minneapolis, Buffalo and St. Louis in the States. It's gonna be another stadium tour, this time all across Canada and cities in the states that they missed this summer. Regina has a brand new football stadium and it's been confirmed by a source that GNR are playing the new stadium in Regina in the summer...couldn't get an actual month out of the guy though. But it will be another stadium run and not the rumoured arena tour. A stadium tour across Canada will probably be 8 or 9 shows, plus a few more US shows should put the tour around a month and a half long, which still leaves plenty of time before or after to do a summer European tour as well.

2006: Edmonton
2010: Calgary
2010: Saskatoon
2012: Las Vegas (x2)
2014: Las Vegas (x2)
2016: Las Vegas
2016: Toronto
2017: Regina
2017: Edmonton
cmpaller
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #45 on: November 30, 2016, 08:20:48 AM »

Banners in STL!! Also, article in Go Saint Louis magazine about that fact GNR is coming here.
NaturalLight
Rocker

« Reply #46 on: November 30, 2016, 08:57:34 AM »

Does anyone recall the timing for when announcements were made for the the summer tour and when teases or billboards popped up? If history repeats itself and they stick with the game plan then that might determine whether it's a spring (march or april) tour vs. a fall tour. I'd guess it would be earlier with the billboards coming. I doubt they'd pay rent for an entire year but who knows.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #47 on: November 30, 2016, 09:10:20 AM »

Does anyone recall the timing for when announcements were made for the the summer tour and when teases or billboards popped up? If history repeats itself and they stick with the game plan then that might determine whether it's a spring (march or april) tour vs. a fall tour. I'd guess it would be earlier with the billboards coming. I doubt they'd pay rent for an entire year but who knows.

I think the summer US this year got announced in February- but the timings were probably impacted by whatever arrangement they had with Coachella in terms of exclusivity etc.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #48 on: November 30, 2016, 09:11:35 AM »

I think the summer US this year got announced in February- but the timings were probably impacted by whatever arrangement they had with Coachella in terms of exclusivity etc.

The Summer tour was announced on April 1, same day as the Troubadour concert.

Billboards had been popping up in the week before.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #49 on: November 30, 2016, 09:15:12 AM »

Oh of course! Was it Coachella that got announced in February then?

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #50 on: November 30, 2016, 09:17:06 AM »

Hmm.. no Coachella was announced on Jan 4.

Either the Mexico City or Vegas shows probably.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
MNGS717
Rocker

« Reply #51 on: November 30, 2016, 09:39:47 AM »

Just spotted a GNR Welcome to the Jungle billboard off of route 581 in Camp Hill, PA, which is relatively close to Hershey! Saw them in Pittsburgh and Philadelphia over the summer, but Hershey would be ideal for me if the ban is lifted!

Now you are talking!!  Regional advertising for a central PA concert..a little more proof they are not playing little Clipper Stadium..hopefully announcement soon.  I work in Camp Hill part time and drive on 581.  Where is it close to so I can drive past tomorrow and get a photo?  Or you or anyone can beat me to it..just want a photo anyway!!   Smiley

12/6/02 Philly
11/20/11 Wilkes-Barre,PA
2/23/12 Silver Spring, MD
5/13/14 Bethlehem,PA
6/26/16 Landover,Md
7/14/16 Philly
8/13/17 Hershey
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #52 on: November 30, 2016, 11:07:53 AM »

Another one: http://kfoxtv.com/news/local/guns-n-roses-billboard-hints-at-possible-concert-in-el-paso

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
JeffK
Rocker

« Reply #53 on: November 30, 2016, 11:48:36 AM »

I've been hearing that the Canadian and most likely American dates will be announced sometime next week...possibly Monday.

2006: Edmonton
2010: Calgary
2010: Saskatoon
2012: Las Vegas (x2)
2014: Las Vegas (x2)
2016: Las Vegas
2016: Toronto
2017: Regina
2017: Edmonton
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #54 on: November 30, 2016, 11:54:01 AM »

I've been hearing that the Canadian and most likely American dates will be announced sometime next week...possibly Monday.

I'm guessing those and Europe dates announced Monday, on sale Friday. Ticket sales here in the UK are usually on a Friday.

Cousin It
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #55 on: November 30, 2016, 02:48:46 PM »

Just spotted a GNR Welcome to the Jungle billboard off of route 581 in Camp Hill, PA, which is relatively close to Hershey! Saw them in Pittsburgh and Philadelphia over the summer, but Hershey would be ideal for me if the ban is lifted!

Now you are talking!!  Regional advertising for a central PA concert..a little more proof they are not playing little Clipper Stadium..hopefully announcement soon.  I work in Camp Hill part time and drive on 581.  Where is it close to so I can drive past tomorrow and get a photo?  Or you or anyone can beat me to it..just want a photo anyway!!   Smiley

Sorry I didn't go that way today or I would have snapped a picture. It's on 581 between Lemoyne and Camp Hill......driving towards the Camp Hill exit.

6/11/91, 12/16/91, 07/17/92, 11/22/02, 05/14/06, 05/15/06, 11/13/06, 11/20/11, 11/26/11, 2/23/12, 5/13/14, 7/12/16, 7/14/16, 8/13/17, & 7/31/21
NaturalLight
Rocker

« Reply #56 on: November 30, 2016, 03:02:06 PM »

Hmm.. no Coachella was announced on Jan 4.

Either the Mexico City or Vegas shows probably.

Thanks. So if history repeats itself then we could be getting an official list in a week or so with dates this spring. Of course, all just speculation.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #57 on: November 30, 2016, 06:16:20 PM »

Banners in STL!! Also, article in Go Saint Louis magazine about that fact GNR is coming here.

It was on channel 5 news tonight.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #58 on: November 30, 2016, 11:22:18 PM »

Kentucky for the second time ever? They already cancelled in 2002, it's time to make up for it. I've traveled everywhere, so please come to KY.  It's been 25 years damn it....
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #59 on: December 01, 2016, 09:50:52 AM »

Kentucky for the second time ever? They already cancelled in 2002, it's time to make up for it. I've traveled everywhere, so please come to KY.  It's been 25 years damn it....

Pros and cons of living in Kentucky.  A dollar goes a long way, but if you want to see GNR you gotta travel  ok

Hope you get your show. 
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: