Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 11:18:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rock in Rio organizer makes public invitation to GNR!
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rock in Rio organizer makes public invitation to GNR!  (Read 12452 times)
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2016, 07:41:16 PM »

Thank you for posting the English translation.

My opinion has not changed after reading that mostly because of how Fernando worded his reply to that starting with "That's quite funny." 

I would think that, unlike me, Fernando didn't need that to be translated.

I get your point....even if it is a fan made art he used a GNR image in the festival page....that could be considered a promotion on the bands's back by Axl and GNR management. In my opinion Roberto made a mistake by using a GNR image on the festival page without the band's consent, even though is a fan made art.

I think Roberto's mistake was not reaching out to GNR Management before posting something like that because he has no idea what commitments the band, or individual members of the band, might have already in negotiations or confirmed for that timeframe. 

IMO, it just put everyone concerned in an awkward situation and possibly sets up the GNR at Rock in Rio fans for a major disappointment.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Bazfreak
VIP

Wololoo

« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2016, 07:57:39 PM »

Thank you for posting the English translation.

My opinion has not changed after reading that mostly because of how Fernando worded his reply to that starting with "That's quite funny." 

I would think that, unlike me, Fernando didn't need that to be translated.

I get your point....even if it is a fan made art he used a GNR image in the festival page....that could be considered a promotion on the bands's back by Axl and GNR management. In my opinion Roberto made a mistake by using a GNR image on the festival page without the band's consent, even though is a fan made art.

I think Roberto's mistake was not reaching out to GNR Management before posting something like that because he has no idea what commitments the band, or individual members of the band, might have already in negotiations or confirmed for that timeframe. 

IMO, it just put everyone concerned in an awkward situation and possibly sets up the GNR at Rock in Rio fans for a major disappointment.

You are correct, it creates expectations and might put GNR in a "bad" position with the Rio fans as they would have to justify an eventual invitation denial.
I BELIEVE that European tour might end around July/August...but we don know if by September they intend to get to studio or even move on with side projects...we are just wondering. Lets see what unfolds!

14/apr/2010 @Apoteose Rio | 02/oct/2011 @Rock in Rio 2011 | 20/mar/2014 @HSBC Arena Rio | 12/nov/2016 @Alllianz Park S?o Paulo | 15/nov/2016 @Est?dio Engenh?o Rio | 23/sep/2017 @ Rock in Rio 2017
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2016, 08:27:05 PM »

You are correct, it creates expectations and might put GNR in a "bad" position with the Rio fans as they would have to justify an eventual invitation denial.
I BELIEVE that European tour might end around July/August...but we don know if by September they intend to get to studio or even move on with side projects...we are just wondering. Lets see what unfolds!

When Roberto said "I pass the ball to them" he is placing all the potential blame for it not happening on GNR, and Axl in particular.

From a management/business standpoint, Fernando did right by GNR/Axl by calling Roberto out on this.  By his reply, Fernando let it be known to everyone seeing that that there is a lot of business that needs to be negotiated before this appearance can possibly happen.  And Fernando did leave that door wide open.

P.S.  I'm starting a thread quoting you as the source:  BAZFREAK: "BY SEPTEMBER THEY INTEND TO GET TO STUDIO"!!!!  Grin

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2016, 08:53:21 PM »

Funny. Making it seem like it's now up to GN'R when no offer has been made....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2016, 09:22:21 PM »

Funny. Making it seem like it's now up to GN'R when no offer has been made....

/jarmo

So a promoter of a major of one of the worlds largest concerts is publicly promoting the band for this show

If anything else this is cool

It could fall apart for many many reasons

Hell this band was booked for this exact same show years ago and backed out blaming bucket heads departure as the reason

So anything can happen

Regardless the demand for this band in South America is at all time highs

I am sure if the price is right anyone's schedule can be worked around

People need to relax when comments are made publicly from on band members about the band.   
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2016, 09:58:53 PM »

So basically you think it's cool for festival promoters to put all the responsibility of GN'R appearing at their festivals on GN'R... Ok...

I don't agree.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Bazfreak
VIP

Wololoo

« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2016, 06:36:07 AM »

When Roberto said "I pass the ball to them" he is placing all the potential blame for it not happening on GNR, and Axl in particular.

From a management/business standpoint, Fernando did right by GNR/Axl by calling Roberto out on this.  By his reply, Fernando let it be known to everyone seeing that that there is a lot of business that needs to be negotiated before this appearance can possibly happen.  And Fernando did leave that door wide open.

P.S.  I'm starting a thread quoting you as the source:  BAZFREAK: "BY SEPTEMBER THEY INTEND TO GET TO STUDIO"!!!!  Grin

I`m a reliable source Gypsy!! They will get to studio,  print this!!  hihi

So basically you think it's cool for festival promoters to put all the responsibility of GN'R appearing at their festivals on GN'R... Ok...

I don't agree.

/jarmo

Maybe they already asked the band availability but an offer is yet to be made....i dont know, Roberto organizes Rock in Rio for more than 30 years, he wouldnt be so amateur and create this expectation out of nowhere! He knows all the complexity of hiring bands more than anyone here.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 06:39:44 AM by Bazfreak » Logged

14/apr/2010 @Apoteose Rio | 02/oct/2011 @Rock in Rio 2011 | 20/mar/2014 @HSBC Arena Rio | 12/nov/2016 @Alllianz Park S?o Paulo | 15/nov/2016 @Est?dio Engenh?o Rio | 23/sep/2017 @ Rock in Rio 2017
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2016, 06:54:09 AM »

I don't agree.

/jarmo

Who's responsibility is it, then?  Why wouldn't it be GnR's responsibility to determine if GnR wants to play a festival? 

Maybe he thought going to management first wouldn't be productive (because of his past history with Axl) so he went this route instead.  You can debate whether he did the right thing or not.  He made his bed and now has to lie in it, so I don't feel sorry for him at all if this doesn't happen, although it would be slightly ironic that GnR wouldn't play a show (with this lineup) because of a past grudge with a promoter.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2016, 07:12:12 AM »

Yeah, it just sets up the fans to be let down, and the organizer to say 'hey, not my fault guys'. Then we get 'oh, GNR refused to play rock in Rio, they're probably bitter about last time' etc.

The standard response from big event organisers about whether so and so is playing is usually 'we're in the process of booking acts now and will let you know as soon as we can' - which does seem more sensible in terms of managing expectations.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Slashrose
Rocker

Twitter - @sonicmonstersk8

« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2016, 07:54:32 AM »

We all know Axl fucked and pissed at the rock in Rio festival 2011, he really screwed up, but I think Roberto Medina talked to Axl and apologized for the negative statements, the band gained more notice after it played in the 1991 edition there GNR got bigger than it already was.

Rock In Rio 2017 will be the redemption of Axl.

But I do not agree with Roberto Medina, he is throwing all responsibility for the band.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 07:57:43 AM by Slashrose » Logged
Bazfreak
VIP

Wololoo

« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2016, 08:04:07 AM »

We all know Axl fucked and pissed at the rock in Rio festival 2011, he really screwed up, but I think Roberto Medina talked to Axl and apologized for the negative statements, the band gained more notice after it played in the 1991 edition there The Guns got bigger than it already was.

Rock In Rio 2017 will be the redemption of Axl.

But I do not agree with Roberto Medina, he is throwing all responsibility for the band.

Axl left Los Angeles in the show day...I mean...totally unprofessional, he arrived moments before the show and performance that was scheduled for 12PM started 03PM...Imagine the issues that the festival had with broadcasting, local regulations, public transportation companies....it was a major let down and a disruption for everyone, thats why Roberto fired his guns against Axl in 2011.

However, times have changed, Axl seems to be much more professional nowadays, delays are in the past. Lets hope they get to terms for a triumphal return to Rock in Rio!

alcapone_dudu
Rocker

Black Frog

« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2016, 08:22:57 AM »

Wonder if they could still a load of tickets though after the tour? Most people that are casually interested will have seen them now, and the prices aren't cheap enough to make people who are casual fans go again. Don't Rock In Rio really need exclusive acts that haven't toured Brazil recently?

Regarding the recent tour they just finished in Brazil, in my opinion this wouldn't be a problem. GN'R did quite the same thing when they toured SA in 2010 and came back just for RIR 2011.

It would be fucking cool to have Guns N' Roses and Aerosmith (already confimed) on the same night.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2016, 08:25:37 AM »

From a different angle- GNR don't need Rock In Rio anymore, so is any of this worth the hassle?

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Bazfreak
VIP

Wololoo

« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2016, 08:33:11 AM »

From a different angle- GNR don't need Rock In Rio anymore, so is any of this worth the hassle?

Did they ever need?  Huh

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2016, 09:04:09 AM »

Did they ever need?  Huh

Yeah, I reckon so. They weren't making anywhere near the money they were live last time, so it represented a big gig, and a big payday. Now they're doing stadiums, with expensive tickets, I guess RIR isn't so necessary.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2016, 09:56:39 AM »

Who's responsibility is it, then?  Why wouldn't it be GnR's responsibility to determine if GnR wants to play a festival? 

If I tell you that I'm going to make an offer on your house and that the ball is in your court, it seems like it's totally up to you whether or not you want to sell your house to me. In reality, I didn't even make an offer.... You're basically put into a position where you need to publicly accept, or not, without knowing what kind of offer I might make! After all, the ball is apparently in your court!

Now do you see the issue?

Edited to add: When do the tickets go on sale for next year's festival? Seems like a great way to get GN'R fans to buy tickets with hopes of GN'R playing there...

/jarmo

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2016, 10:11:55 AM »

If I tell you that I'm going to make an offer on your house and that the ball is in your court, it seems like it's totally up to you whether or not you want to sell your house to me. In reality, I didn't even make an offer.... You're basically put into a position where you need to publicly accept, or not, without knowing what kind of offer I might make! After all, the ball is apparently in your court!

Edited to add: When do the tickets go on sale for next year's festival? Seems like a great way to get GN'R fans to buy tickets with hopes of GN'R playing there...

/jarmo

Is it one of those events where people buy tickets without knowing the lineup? I was under the impression it was a series of independent gigs, and people bought tickets for the day they wanted?

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2016, 10:42:26 AM »

Tickets go on sale before the complete line up is announced.

Then, as far as I know, you select the day you want to attend later....

/jarmo

Eduardo
VIP

Its just that demon life has got him in its sway

« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2016, 10:49:33 AM »

/jarmo

Is it one of those events where people buy tickets without knowing the lineup? I was under the impression it was a series of independent gigs, and people bought tickets for the day they wanted?

They sell some tickets in advance. They're called Rock in Rio Cards, and people buy those without knowing which bands will play. Just a few bands have been announced so far. Afterwards you can choose each day you want to attend.

They sold 120 thousand Rock in Rio cards in just two hours. And that was before Medina started this GN'R thing, so I don't think he needs to use the band's name to sell tickets. The festival sells itself.

They also sell regular tickets later, when all the bands have already been announced. Those are much more expensive.
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2016, 11:20:27 AM »

/jarmo

And this type of underhanded way of pressuring the band I can only imagine will have the complete opposite impact then they hoped for.  RIR needs them more than they need RIR these days.

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: