Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 11:50:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228139 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rock in Rio organizer makes public invitation to GNR!
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rock in Rio organizer makes public invitation to GNR!  (Read 12455 times)
Bazfreak
VIP

Wololoo

« on: November 22, 2016, 01:57:57 PM »

Roberto Medina, Rock in Rio organizer just posted an official statement on the festival social medias inviting GNR to play at the next festival edition in Rio September 2017!!! Hashtag #gunsinrockinrio2017 was created and is already trending in Brazil!
For those who doesn know, Medina claimed that GNR would not be invited anymore after the band got to the stage hours late in 2011 edition. Roberto said in the post that his private issues with Axl are behind and he is willing to give a headline spot to GNR! Aerosmith, Red Hot Chilli Peppers and Maroon 5 are already confirmed for 2017 edition!

14/apr/2010 @Apoteose Rio | 02/oct/2011 @Rock in Rio 2011 | 20/mar/2014 @HSBC Arena Rio | 12/nov/2016 @Alllianz Park S?o Paulo | 15/nov/2016 @Est?dio Engenh?o Rio | 23/sep/2017 @ Rock in Rio 2017
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2016, 02:00:21 PM »

....I bet he is now he sees the money signs flashing before his eyes after the Brazil dates!!!

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Bazfreak
VIP

Wololoo

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2016, 02:23:33 PM »

....I bet he is now he sees the money signs flashing before his eyes after the Brazil dates!!!

Yep...tour was very sucessfull here,  i havent seen any bad reviews from the media. But the drive for this post was a campaign started by GNR fan community in Brazil...they flood the festival media with posts requesting the band. In 2011 GNR was confirmed months before the festival after a massive number of requests by GNR fans...of course money counts but there are a hanfull of artists who could sell tickets....its the GNR fans initiative that helps I guess!!

14/apr/2010 @Apoteose Rio | 02/oct/2011 @Rock in Rio 2011 | 20/mar/2014 @HSBC Arena Rio | 12/nov/2016 @Alllianz Park S?o Paulo | 15/nov/2016 @Est?dio Engenh?o Rio | 23/sep/2017 @ Rock in Rio 2017
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2016, 03:17:56 PM »

Wonder if they could still a load of tickets though after the tour? Most people that are casually interested will have seen them now, and the prices aren't cheap enough to make people who are casual fans go again. Don't Rock In Rio really need exclusive acts that haven't toured Brazil recently?

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Bazfreak
VIP

Wololoo

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2016, 03:35:26 PM »

Wonder if they could still a load of tickets though after the tour? Most people that are casually interested will have seen them now, and the prices aren't cheap enough to make people who are casual fans go again. Don't Rock In Rio really need exclusive acts that haven't toured Brazil recently?

If it happened i'm sure it would be only this show in Rio, no other cities. Given that, I think it would sell easy...people from all over Brazil and neighbour contries would like to see them again. Also, the support acts would attract other fans as well...Rock in rio ALWAYS sells out despite the headliners....people come from all over the country for the festival.

120k pre sale tickets were sold out in two hours with 3 bands confirmed only!
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 03:37:21 PM by Bazfreak » Logged

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2016, 03:44:54 PM »

I can't roll my eyes hard enough at this guy.  But I'm trying...
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2016, 03:45:23 PM »

2021?

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2016, 03:46:48 PM »

I love these Rock N Rio events.  I hope there is some great live internet streaming of the event.

Not those cheap amateur cheapo scopes that are always talked about on here.

But a nice live professional presentation.  If the price was right I may even consider paying to watch it live online
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2016, 04:19:49 PM »

THIS IS FAKE!!!

Fernando replied to this on the Rock in Rio facebook page.

Quote from: Fernando

Fernando Lebeis  That's quite funny, as we have yet to receive an offer.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Bazfreak
VIP

Wololoo

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2016, 04:33:56 PM »

THIS IS FAKE!!!

Fernando replied to this on the Rock in Rio facebook page.

Not fake Gypsy....in the post Roberto says that he WILL make an offer....Fernando just confirmed that the official offer has not been made. But the post is NOT FAKE...its p?ster in all Rock in Rio official social media. Ill translate the post when I get home.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 04:37:30 PM by Bazfreak » Logged

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2016, 04:41:35 PM »

I love these Rock N Rio events.  I hope there is some great live internet streaming of the event.

Not those cheap amateur cheapo scopes that are always talked about on here.

But a nice live professional presentation.  If the price was right I may even consider paying to watch it live online

Remember the last Rock In Rio? Axl sloshing about in the rain, the crowd thinning out throughout the set...not good! As you say, exciting to see a good quality recorded performance, but....that's the closest I've ever come to thinking 'the game's up'!

GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2016, 04:44:29 PM »

Not fake Gypsy....in the post Roberto says that he WILL make an offer....Fernando just confirmed that the official offer has not been made. But the post is NOT FAKE...its p?ster in all Rock in Rio official social media. Ill translate the post when I get home.

FAKE as in no such offer was made to the band.
Fernando posted his reply on that Rock in Rio official facebook page that you quoted.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2016, 05:17:55 PM »

FAKE as in no such offer was made to the band.
Fernando posted his reply on that Rock in Rio official facebook page that you quoted.

Where does it say the band was made an offer?

Seems to me that the promoter just posted one public invite.   What is so fake about that
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2016, 05:34:34 PM »

Seems to me that the promoter just posted one public invite.   What is so fake about that

IMO by posting a reply to this on that page, Fernando seems to think that it was important enough to make sure that the fans are aware of the FACT that NO SUCH INVITATION was made to the band.

Maybe the past issues between this Roberto and GNR/Axl aren't as 'past' as Roberto seems to think?

It's misleading and wrong to the band and fans to post a concert pic of Axl/Slash/Duff promoting an appearance that the band has not been offered or committed to. 

I can see it now, if this "public invitation" and a commitment doesn't come to fruition, the headlines are going to read:  GNR cancels out of Rock in Rio.

IMO, that makes this type of promotion FAKE.

« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 05:36:35 PM by GypsySoul » Logged

Bazfreak
VIP

Wololoo

« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2016, 05:40:21 PM »

IMO by posting a reply to this on that page, Fernando seems to think that it was important enough to make sure that the fans are aware of the FACT that NO SUCH INVITATION was made to the band.

Maybe the past issues between this Roberto and GNR/Axl aren't as 'past' as Roberto seems to think?

It's misleading and wrong to the band and fans to post a concert pic of Axl/Slash/Duff promoting an appearance that the band has not been offered or committed to. 

I can see it now, if this "public invitation" and a commitment doesn't come to fruition, the headlines are going to read:  GNR cancels out of Rock in Rio.

OMG Gypsy you are getting this all wrong. ...the festival has not announced Guns N Roses...its just an OPEN LETTER with an INFORMAL invitation...responding to the MASSIVE quantity of requests the Festival Page got after the recent shows in Brazil....they RETWEETED a Fan made art, its not official! In the post itself Roberto states that he WILL make an offer soon.

McKenzie
Headliner

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2016, 05:47:57 PM »

Who said it was already made? Even Fernando says "yet to receive".

The pic was created and posted by a fanpage.

I can see it now, if this "invitation" and a commitment doesn't come to fruition, the headlines are going to read:  GNR cancels out of Rock in Rio.

Medina himself says he doesn't know if the band will be interested in coming back again. You're assuming a lot of things, like Axl not being the author of his tweets.
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2016, 05:52:28 PM »

Okay.

Bazfreak
VIP

Wololoo

« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2016, 05:53:12 PM »

Heres the post in english:

Dear Rock in Rio Friends

This is Roberto Medina, Rock in Rio creator. This is actually the first time that I make a post through a social network.
I want to communicate using my "fan" side.  As you are aware, Guns n Roses is one of the bands that played the most in Rock in Rio and thei recent performance in Rio de Janeiro with the original line up (yeah, he forgot to mention that its a partial reunion) was simply incredible. My issues with Axl are in the past. I WILL TALK TO THEM about this idea, but since they just played in Rio i dont know if they would want to return next year. But, I pass the ball to them...lets invite them?? #Gunsrosesrockinrio2017

GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2016, 06:00:53 PM »

Thank you for posting the English translation.

My opinion has not changed after reading that mostly because of how Fernando worded his reply to that starting with "That's quite funny." 

I would think that, unlike me, Fernando didn't need that to be translated.

« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 06:08:22 PM by GypsySoul » Logged

Bazfreak
VIP

Wololoo

« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2016, 06:25:20 PM »

Thank you for posting the English translation.

My opinion has not changed after reading that mostly because of how Fernando worded his reply to that starting with "That's quite funny." 

I would think that, unlike me, Fernando didn't need that to be translated.

I get your point....even if it is a fan made art he used a GNR image in the festival page....that could be considered a promotion on the bands's back by Axl and GNR management. In my opinion Roberto made a mistake by using a GNR image on the festival page without the band's consent, even though is a fan made art.

Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: