Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 09:00:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228115 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Los Angelos
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Los Angelos  (Read 32003 times)
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #80 on: August 19, 2016, 01:31:29 AM »

{Updates} August 18th, 2016 Los Angeles, CA @ Dodger Stadium (SOLD OUT)(LA Show#1)

Setlist:
Intro - Looney Tunes
It's So Easy
Mr. Brownstone
      Axl:  My Neighborhood.... Beautiful Day In The Neighborhood.
Chinese Democracy
Welcome To The Jungle
Double Talkin' Jive
Estranged
Live and Let Die
Rocket Queen
You Could Be Mine
Duff's Solo - Can't Put Your Arms Around A Memory/Attitude
This I Love
Civil War
Coma
Band Intros
Slash's Solo - (doodlez)/Godfather Theme
Sweet Child O' Mine
Better
Out Ta Get Me
Richard N' Slash - Wish You Were Here
Axl's piano solo+jam - Layla
November Rain
YESTERDAYS!!!!
Knockin' On Heaven's Door
Nightrain

Encore:
Catcher In The Rye
Patience
The Seeker
Paradise City

http://www.periscope.tv/zozocat007/1rmxPDvRaDMxN

http://www.periscope.tv/bodyheartspirit/1ynKOzMdgdqxR
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 01:51:27 AM by GypsySoul » Logged

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #81 on: August 19, 2016, 01:34:52 AM »

Place looks sold out on the scope.
McKenzie
Headliner

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

« Reply #82 on: August 19, 2016, 01:42:01 AM »

If that's true, I hope they film tomorrow as well to pick the best performances. They made some mistakes tonight...
Mistakes? In a live show? You don't say!

Ali
That's why I prefer when they film a bunch (at least a couple) of shows to choose the best performances of each song.
There's no such thing as a perfect live show. If you want perfect renditions, listen to the records.

Ali

There's an album called Live Era... have you ever heard about it? A lot of artists release DVD's with the best performances of the tour, so you don't have to listen a song with an error every time you watch it. This is not something I just created.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #83 on: August 19, 2016, 01:46:38 AM »

If that's true, I hope they film tomorrow as well to pick the best performances. They made some mistakes tonight...
Mistakes? In a live show? You don't say!

Ali
That's why I prefer when they film a bunch (at least a couple) of shows to choose the best performances of each song.
There's no such thing as a perfect live show. If you want perfect renditions, listen to the records.

Ali

There's an album called Live Era... have you ever heard about it? A lot of artists release DVD's with the best performances of the tour, so you don't have to listen a song with an error every time you watch it. This is not something I just created.
No shit. But you pointed out that mistakes were made, as if that is some uncommon, noteworthy occurrence for a live show. And Live Era had studio work to "augment" the performances. Which made it less than a full and complete "live" album.

Ali
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #84 on: August 19, 2016, 01:46:45 AM »

Live Era is not exactly what you call "live album". only some of the songs are genuine live tracks, most of them are lightly or heavily edited in the studio, including re-recorded vocals.

McKenzie
Headliner

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

« Reply #85 on: August 19, 2016, 01:58:56 AM »

Live Era is not exactly what you call "live album". only some of the songs are genuine live tracks, most of them are lightly or heavily edited in the studio, including re-recorded vocals.

Everybody knows what they did. But that's not what I am suggesting, that was just a close example of a similar method. They could easily pick performances with no mistakes (what is perfectly normal and acceptable when you're playing) since when on disc they will last forever. One more time: a lot of artists do this.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #86 on: August 19, 2016, 01:59:22 AM »

Another great show. Thanks for all the scopes. I can't believe we're down to the last two shows then radio silence for 2 months Sad
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #87 on: August 19, 2016, 02:00:40 AM »

Well, that was a pretty fuckin' awesome show.

I just love how every show is on point.   I haven't stayed up to watch one in a few weeks.   But they have all been awesome.

Every show is professional.  No bullshit, no wasted time, just great performances.  One after the other.

Amazing.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #88 on: August 19, 2016, 02:02:56 AM »

Thanks to all of tonight's periscopers!!!  beer

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Ali
Legend

« Reply #89 on: August 19, 2016, 02:03:20 AM »

Everybody knows what they did. But that's not what I am suggesting, that was just a close example of a similar method. They could easily pick performances with no mistakes (what is perfectly normal and acceptable when you're playing) since when on disc they will last forever. One more time: a lot of artists do this.
I disagree. What a lot of artists do is what GN'R did for Live Era. Regardless, if you have a completely mistake free live performance, it probably wasn't strictly a "live" performance.

Ali
Ali
Legend

« Reply #90 on: August 19, 2016, 02:04:38 AM »

I just love how every show is on point.   I haven't stayed up to watch one in a few weeks.   But they have all been awesome.

Every show is professional.  No bullshit, no wasted time, just great performances.  One after the other.

Amazing.
That was my conclusion after seeing them on two different coasts, at different start times, in completely different weather.

Ali
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #91 on: August 19, 2016, 02:12:44 AM »

Amazing.
That was my conclusion after seeing them on two different coasts, at different start times, in completely different weather.

Ali

They just bring it every night.

No town has gotten anything less than a great show.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Ali
Legend

« Reply #92 on: August 19, 2016, 02:20:04 AM »

Amazing.

Ali

They just bring it every night.

No town has gotten anything less than a great show.
Indeed. They aren't resting on their laurels, collecting a huge paycheck every night. They're coming to every show to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and by the time they get out on stage, they're all out of bubblegum.

Ali
Princess Leia
« Reply #93 on: August 19, 2016, 04:33:53 AM »

Eddie Trunk:
The @gunsnroses show tonight in LA is being filmed. So I would expect a DVD, TV broadcast at some point. What a show to film. Sound unreal!

Yes he was there in GA Pit 1. I saw him  smoking
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #94 on: August 19, 2016, 06:54:07 AM »

One of the reasons why i like the Tokyo 1992 release so much. And to some degree Appetite For Democracy . Is that its not a compilation of shows. Its One  show with minimum edits.

Its shows what was it like to be at the Tokyo dome in 02.22.92 Bum notes included.

Live dvds that are a compilation of 10 shows plus studio overdubs are always pretty lifeless imo.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #95 on: August 19, 2016, 07:39:26 AM »

According to Alternative Nation (I know, I know) the show indeed had professional video crew recording it. But if Eddie Trunk said the same, seems that this picture is indeed true:

I disagree. What a lot of artists do is what GN'R did for Live Era. Regardless, if you have a completely mistake free live performance, it probably wasn't strictly a "live" performance.

Ali
Live Era still has mistakes. Rocket Queen with just one guitar and Coma with some fuck ups by Gilby (even tho its a bonus track from Japan).

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #96 on: August 19, 2016, 08:56:04 AM »

I know they've used one camera crane in the shows to film for the big screens.

But this one looks like it's for the purpose of a broadcast level shoot:

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #97 on: August 19, 2016, 09:19:14 AM »

Amazing.

unbelievable isn't it....Stinson hits the nail on the head right here...from Billboard a few days ago....
"Stinson is particularly happy for frontman Axl Rose, whom he feels is benefiting greatly from both the GN'R reunion and his recent stint with AC/DC. "I think it was really super important for Axl to get the [GN'R reunion] going on and put some stuff behind him that I think has been sitting inside him," Stinson says. "I think something has happened to him and it's completely f---ing awesome and it makes me really happy. I've known the guy for almost 20 years now; I've never seen him look better. He sounds better than ever. He's a completely different guy. I couldn't be happier for him."

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #98 on: August 19, 2016, 09:22:09 AM »

Yeah, Axl's whole vibe is different.  Never seen him so happy.

Factory Girl
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #99 on: August 19, 2016, 09:49:55 AM »

Amazing.

unbelievable isn't it....Stinson hits the nail on the head right here...from Billboard a few days ago....
"Stinson is particularly happy for frontman Axl Rose, whom he feels is benefiting greatly from both the GN'R reunion and his recent stint with AC/DC. "I think it was really super important for Axl to get the [GN'R reunion] going on and put some stuff behind him that I think has been sitting inside him," Stinson says. "I think something has happened to him and it's completely f---ing awesome and it makes me really happy. I've known the guy for almost 20 years now; I've never seen him look better. He sounds better than ever. He's a completely different guy. I couldn't be happier for him."

I really respect Tommy. He always came across as a genuine guy and I couldn't agree more with him.
Axl seems happy and light, he seems to be enjoying himself again. And yes, people can say it's all about the money, but I really believe there's a big personal meaning for all three of them.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: