Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 23, 2024, 03:48:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  [Updates] July 31st, 2016 New Orleans, LA @ Mercedes-Benz Superdome
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: [Updates] July 31st, 2016 New Orleans, LA @ Mercedes-Benz Superdome  (Read 23164 times)
GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2016, 11:53:32 AM »

I think it s a fair assumption to make that a majority of these crowds are crowds going because its the big 3 back together again. Most of the people going to these shows are probably people who never gave Chinese Democracy a chance so unless your a true die hard fan who stuck with the band over the last 15 years thats why people don't get behind the CD songs. Now if this version of the band can stay together for the long haul and slash & duff continue playing some of those songs i think people will get behind them more but it will take time.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2016, 12:12:21 PM »

I think it s a fair assumption to make that a majority of these crowds are crowds going because its the big 3 back together again. Most of the people going to these shows are probably people who never gave Chinese Democracy a chance so unless your a true die hard fan who stuck with the band over the last 15 years thats why people don't get behind the CD songs. Now if this version of the band can stay together for the long haul and slash & duff continue playing some of those songs i think people will get behind them more but it will take time.

All these unicorns I heard about for years, who became big fans during the CD era and just love that stuff...guess they all skipped my show.

I made it a point to talk to people everywhere, just to see what was what  In the lot, in every beer line, in my section, walking in and out of the stadium.  All fans from way back.  The younger ones I did find were there for the material from way back.

It's a not a hill worth dying on, but it doesn't mean you can't call it what it is.  People where there because "Guns N' Roses were back!!"  And no one meant back since 2014 either.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #42 on: August 01, 2016, 01:19:34 PM »

If Izzy joins the band at some stage they should Locomotive
I dont believe Izzy played in Locomotive.

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #43 on: August 01, 2016, 01:24:08 PM »

It's like the travelling wrecking show form the 1980s

Where the good guy beats the bad guy after the sneak attack

That wrestling gig travelled from city to city play the same thing.  Finally to do a big pay off on TV

That was

Before the Internet

No more covers!

Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #44 on: August 01, 2016, 01:26:08 PM »

All these unicorns I heard about for years, who became big fans during the CD era and just love that stuff...guess they all skipped my show.

I made it a point to talk to people everywhere, just to see what was what  In the lot, in every beer line, in my section, walking in and out of the stadium.  All fans from way back.  The younger ones I did find were there for the material from way back.

It's a not a hill worth dying on, but it doesn't mean you can't call it what it is.  People where there because "Guns N' Roses were back!!"  And no one meant back since 2014 either.

Woah, woah, keep those hard truths to yourself, Mr.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #45 on: August 01, 2016, 01:26:45 PM »

If Izzy joins the band at some stage they should Locomotive
I dont believe Izzy played in Locomotive.

Double tracked Slash, I believe.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #46 on: August 01, 2016, 01:27:01 PM »

I would like to see the numbers of when bands got back together how many covers they played

Pink Floyd
the stones
Kiss?

I want to hear a gnr song.  

Not a bob Dylan song.  Ugh

Not a song by wings.  Ugh

Play some more song off of lies.   It was a great selling album. People may want to hear some of that
axlroses
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #47 on: August 01, 2016, 01:37:37 PM »

Those cover songs were on albums.  That is not the same as some band reuniting and just deciding to play covers.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #48 on: August 01, 2016, 01:45:45 PM »

Those cover songs were on albums.  That is not the same as some band reuniting and just deciding to play covers.

I don't get what this means?

Just because they put someone's song on there album doesn't make it theirs. 

I didn't like it in the 90s. And I overly don't like it now. 

Guns has so much music to pick through.    But we get 6 covers?

Some that were on guns albums. Lots that were not

So if gun put out another cover album of hard rock music

And just toured with that   You would be happy?

I wouldn't.    I want guns music.  No covers

If I wanted a bob Dylan song I would go to some flea market   Give the guy a quarter and eat a hot dog and listen.  Oh the times they are a changing.     Great song

If I wanted to hear anything from sir Paul. I would pick up his one legged ex wife.  Ask her to tell Paul to call ringo and meet us at the local cheese factory.  Get her to give him 10 percent off his alimony and listen to a day in the life.   I woke up got out of bed combed my head.    Lovely

Guns music!
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #49 on: August 01, 2016, 01:47:39 PM »

Is this super realistic?  

These songs were singles, with videos, radio staples, and mainstays at GNR concerts for over 25 years.

Johnnyblood
VIP

Nothing.

« Reply #50 on: August 01, 2016, 01:51:19 PM »

They've played KOHD in practically every show since B E F O R E the release of Appetite. You think they'll suddenly stop playing it now? It was basically the 4th single off Appetite... via the MTV show. One of their most recognizable hits. LALD was one of they're highest charting singles. Neither one is going anywhere, and shouldn't if they want to keep filling stadiums.

I've seen enough.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #51 on: August 01, 2016, 01:53:14 PM »

Is this super realistic?  

These songs were singles, with videos, radio staples, and mainstays at GNR concerts for over 25 years.

Well I am not overly crazy.  So I do think it is realistic.

For this stadium act.   Not so much though.  

I would love to see a poll of the unwashed masses    If they went to a guns show.  And they played zero covers.   Would they be happy or not.  

I don't even think this forum would be happy.   Well

Some are happy no matter what

Some complain no matter what

Some actually try and justify that cover songs are actually guns songs.  They were on a album!  Ugh

Play the garden.   That's a cool song
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #52 on: August 01, 2016, 01:55:23 PM »

They've played KOHD in practically every show since B E F O R E the release of Appetite. You think they'll suddenly stop playing it now? It was basically the 4th single off Appetite... via the MTV show. One of their most recognizable hits. LALD was one of they're highest charting singles. Neither one is going anywhere, and shouldn't if they want to keep filling stadiums.

Like most bands they played cover songs before they actually got there own songs

Alice cooper was the same way

Guess what.  Both Alice and guns have a bunch of songs   

Cover songs.  Ugh.  Welcome to my nightmare
axlroses
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #53 on: August 01, 2016, 02:00:41 PM »

I guess Jimi Hendrix should have not played All along the Watchtower since it was a Bob Dylan song first
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #54 on: August 01, 2016, 02:02:19 PM »

Why are you whining about the same shit in every show update thread?

Enough already.

Did anyone catch Axl referencing the City of New Orleans before Nightrain?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #55 on: August 01, 2016, 02:05:17 PM »

I guess Jimi Hendrix should have not played All along the Watchtower since it was a Bob Dylan song first

I never went to a Jimi show.  Or plan on going to one anytime soon.  Depending on how my liver lasts haha

My point is I guess I don't want guns to play any covers.  

Jimi may have been young.   May not have had all his songs.  I don't know

I am sure there are tons of other bands that play covers as well.  Great

We have a band that the members are 50 years old with tons of music in the guns backlog.  Tons of songs they have never played live.  But they keep the covers coming.  
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #56 on: August 01, 2016, 02:07:03 PM »

Why are you whining about the same shit in every show update thread?

Enough already.

Did anyone catch Axl referencing the City of New Orleans before Nightrain?

/jarmo

It's not every show update.  I just started this cover hate.

But I get the hint.   Enough...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #57 on: August 01, 2016, 02:11:40 PM »

True.  That video from the Ritz played non-stop.

Might still be my favorite early version.

"I see some people standing in the back..."

WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #58 on: August 01, 2016, 02:26:41 PM »

Play some more song off of lies.   It was a great selling album. People may want to hear some of that

Yeah!  Let's hear Mama Kin or Nice Boys!  Oh wait.....
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #59 on: August 01, 2016, 02:35:35 PM »

Yeah!  Let's hear Mama Kin or Nice Boys!  Oh wait.....

I thought 'Used To Love Her' would have gotten some play.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: