Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2024, 10:47:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  [Updates] July 31st, 2016 New Orleans, LA @ Mercedes-Benz Superdome
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: [Updates] July 31st, 2016 New Orleans, LA @ Mercedes-Benz Superdome  (Read 23143 times)
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« on: July 30, 2016, 08:43:16 PM »

July 31st, 2016 New Orleans, LA @ Mercedes-Benz Superdome

Setlist:
Intro
It's So Easy
Mr. Brownstone
Chinese Democracy
Welcome To The Jungle
Double Talkin' Jive
Estranged
Live and Let Die
Rocket Queen
You Could Be Mine
Duff's Solo - Can't Put Your Arms Around A Memory/New Rose
This I Love
Civil War
Coma
Band Intros
Slash's Solo - (doodlez)/Godfather Theme
Sweet Child O' Mine
Better
Out Ta Get Me
Richard N' Slash - Wish You Were Here
Axl's piano solo+jam - Layla
November Rain
Knockin' On Heaven's Door
I'm the train they call The City of New Orleans - Nightrain

Encore:
Jam
Don't Cry
The Seeker
Paradise City

« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 12:55:11 AM by GypsySoul » Logged

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
doooodickiebr
VIP

Police and niggaz...get outta my way!

« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2016, 08:46:07 PM »

I'm so ready for this show!!!  Tomorrow can't come fast enough. Saw gnr in the Superdome with Metallica in '92. Chocolate city is about to become Paradise City!!

Baton Rouge, LA 1992
New Orleans, LA 1992
Biloxi, MS  2002 Cancelled!!!!
Kansas City, MO 2011
New Orleans, LA 2016
Houston, TX 2016
New Orleans, LA 2019
Biloxi, MS 2023
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2016, 07:29:14 AM »

If they are gonna throw in another song why not this one? Can see Axl enjoying this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxYSpQkvoWI
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2016, 12:58:17 PM »

This city was on my list of places to travel to see the band.  Such a great party town
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2016, 01:00:17 PM »

I think they are changing something tonight. Maybe throw in Sorry/CITR back.

gunsbetterthanever
Rocker

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2016, 01:20:46 PM »

SO they have played Yesterdays, TWAT, Sorry, My Michelle, CITR, and a few others, but this Stadium Leg, they have stuck to the main list.  I wonder why they rarely change it.  Maybe it is simpler for them to leave it...As a die hard, I wish to hear all the songs at least once.

....Hey Yeah.....Are ya Ready?
gnrrock
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2016, 03:18:41 PM »

SO they have played Yesterdays, TWAT, Sorry, My Michelle, CITR, and a few others, but this Stadium Leg, they have stuck to the main list.  I wonder why they rarely change it.  Maybe it is simpler for them to leave it...As a die hard, I wish to hear all the songs at least once.

I think that they have perfected the setlist and are focused on delivering a well oiled machined show everytime. Let's face it seeing the show live is amazing regardless of the setlist and each performance of each song almost gets better each time performed. If this leg of the tour isn't broken then why fix it? So yes, maybe it is simpler.

I'm thinking we will continue to get the same setlist with a surprise here and there. I'm perfectly fine with that, but I understand your perspective. If anyone were to tell you last year that GNR would be playing Double Talking Jive and Coma during a show you probably wouldn't believe it. I know would have a hard time believing and I'm willing to guess the hardcore fans who check out this site on a daily basis would have a hard time it believing too.

By the way, hearing Double Talking Jive live this tour has been amazing. It's now one of my favorite songs live now. I hope it stays on the setlist.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2016, 03:35:14 PM »

I think that they have perfected the setlist and are focused on delivering a well oiled machined show everytime. Let's face it seeing the show live is amazing regardless of the setlist and each performance of each song almost gets better each time performed. If this leg of the tour isn't broken then why fix it? So yes, maybe it is simpler.

I'm thinking we will continue to get the same setlist with a surprise here and there. I'm perfectly fine with that, but I understand your perspective. If anyone were to tell you last year that GNR would be playing Double Talking Jive and Coma during a show you probably wouldn't believe it. I know would have a hard time believing and I'm willing to guess the hardcore fans who check out this site on a daily basis would have a hard time it believing too.

By the way, hearing Double Talking Jive live this tour has been amazing. It's now one of my favorite songs live now. I hope it stays on the setlist.

I think it all has to do with playing stadiums

With a lot of these stadiums you are seeing time curfews.   The show times have to very tight to allow everything to get off before the cut off time

With these stadiums I am seeing a lot of timed pyro.  With this you are going to have certain songs in certain places.  Just the way it is

I hate a few of the songs they play, but as it was pointed out to me on here.  There are a few of these songs that I hate that are perfect for large stadiums   They really involve the crowd and make for the General gnr public to have a great concert experience.  Kohd, lald. (Even though they are cover songs)

I do not know why they alter some classic guns songs though and not play all the hits or just play all guns music all the time. 
But oh well

This is there stadium show on this leg of the tour and they have been great so far and I can't wait to get my fix

I also can't wait for a arena tour, hopefully.   With no curfew
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2016, 04:26:51 PM »

Glow-In-The-Dark Lithograph

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2016, 04:38:30 PM »

That's a badass litho.
doooodickiebr
VIP

Police and niggaz...get outta my way!

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2016, 04:58:22 PM »

Got mine!!! Only about 30 left at the stand I was at...about a half hour ago. So glad I got there early. Didn't know it was glow in the dark...even better. Can't wait till the show starts!!!!

Baton Rouge, LA 1992
New Orleans, LA 1992
Biloxi, MS  2002 Cancelled!!!!
Kansas City, MO 2011
New Orleans, LA 2016
Houston, TX 2016
New Orleans, LA 2019
Biloxi, MS 2023
Irishfecker
Headliner

Superman is Irish,and he's a fecker,he's me

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2016, 06:45:33 PM »

My little sister, who is on holidays right now in America from  Ireland, just text me to say, in New Orleans, guess what I'm doing..... I doubt I'll ever speak to her again!

i am the fatherIrishfecker,who happens to be superman too,feel priveleged to know me?

why the fuck not?
gnr1967
Rocker

One person's morality is another person's nonsense

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2016, 07:33:28 PM »

I saw photos of the new GNR tour program that they started selling at this show.  There are some high quality photos inside.  Wish they had programs at the earlier shows in the tour, because I would have loved to buy one.
Bazfreak
VIP

Wololoo

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2016, 08:41:04 PM »

Anyone knows the venue capacity? Indoor concert, they might chenge the set a bit!

14/apr/2010 @Apoteose Rio | 02/oct/2011 @Rock in Rio 2011 | 20/mar/2014 @HSBC Arena Rio | 12/nov/2016 @Alllianz Park S?o Paulo | 15/nov/2016 @Est?dio Engenh?o Rio | 23/sep/2017 @ Rock in Rio 2017
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2016, 09:15:45 PM »

del james ‏@deljamesgang 5 minutes ago
The Cult. Nola
#NotInThisLifetime

mpkline07
Opening Act

« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2016, 09:26:20 PM »

30 years ago GNR opened for the cult...now the cult are opening for them...crazy world!!!
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2016, 10:39:26 PM »

It started and they're up to Chinese Democracy

Sosso
VIP

Your Pong is no match for my Ping!

« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2016, 10:41:40 PM »

Chinese Democracy as the first song? That's unusual.

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2016, 10:42:50 PM »

Chinese Democracy as the first song?

No.  I just missed the beginning.

RoCoKiN
VIP

I am The Shackler in the Rye with Diamonds!!

« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2016, 10:51:23 PM »

They sound un-fucking-believable. Even over shitty Periscope.  ok

'...Oh, my distorted smile...'
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: