Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 10:19:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  [Updates] July 16th, 2016 Toronto, ON @ Rogers Centre
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: [Updates] July 16th, 2016 Toronto, ON @ Rogers Centre  (Read 18731 times)
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2016, 11:47:17 AM »

I think he's telling a story about an airport incident.

Here's the video of Out ta get me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKWbC4lv2HI

Sickthings3
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2016, 12:06:19 PM »

Sounded like he was saying that as they were crossing the border, they found a gun on the tour bus. Said they were cool about it and that it wasn't his. Poked fun a little saying "It happens, you can forget you have a fuckin' gun". LOL
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2016, 12:11:34 PM »

Great vocals, great attitude  hihi

how do you like the solo on Sorry ? I think its pretty damn good !

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
MrMojoRa
VIP

iiii]; )'

« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2016, 12:27:01 PM »

Maybe I'm biased, and perhaps it was different being there, but Philly had a way better response to Sorry.

Another great show! Greatest rock band ever!

8-13-88 (Pine Knob, Clarkson, Mi); 6-11-91 (Hershey, Pa); 12-16-91 & 12-17-91 (Philly); 12-06-02 (Philly Riot); 5-12-06 (Hammerstein, NY); 10-10-06 (MSG, NY); 11-26-11 (Camden, NJ); 7-14-16 (Philly)
Princess Leia
« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2016, 01:13:34 PM »

Thanks for the clarificaction about the gun incident. Incredible! Oh well at least Axl strike back with a good and sarcastic rant  smoking
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #45 on: July 17, 2016, 03:12:05 PM »

Great vocals, great attitude  hihi

how do you like the solo on Sorry ? I think its pretty damn good !
I liked it. Still think that rehearsal video had a better one.
Overall, it was a better performance. Axl was more in control of his tone and this time Slash didn't get lost at the ending of the song. Smiley

Guitar1281
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2016, 05:45:14 PM »

Maybe I'm biased, and perhaps it was different being there, but Philly had a way better response to Sorry.

There wasn't too great of a reaction to any of the Chin Dem songs sadly. I had one guy ask me what the name of Better was and what album it was off of, as well as some quip about it being an Axl song or something, and during This I love a lot of people ran straight to the beer sections.

Listen to my tribute to Axl - Parasite

https://soundcloud.com/withliberty/parasite
JeffK
Rocker

« Reply #47 on: July 17, 2016, 06:58:29 PM »

There wasn't too great of a reaction to any of the Chin Dem songs sadly. I had one guy ask me what the name of Better was and what album it was off of, as well as some quip about it being an Axl song or something, and during This I love a lot of people ran straight to the beer sections.

In the sections around me This I Love got one of the biggest reactions of the night...he absolutely nailed it and the crowd loved it! Chinese and better also got decent responses...sorry on the other hand got no reaction. But I thought overall...the Chinese songs were very well received!

2006: Edmonton
2010: Calgary
2010: Saskatoon
2012: Las Vegas (x2)
2014: Las Vegas (x2)
2016: Las Vegas
2016: Toronto
2017: Regina
2017: Edmonton
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #48 on: July 17, 2016, 07:15:07 PM »

Does anyone have one of the VIP Packages or specifically the book they would be willing to sell me? I seen alot of people with 2 of them. Guessing they really only need one, or just bought them for the seats. I would like to buy one please, let me know

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
bailyrose
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #49 on: July 17, 2016, 07:37:45 PM »

Awesome show last night. The band was on fire. I had fun to last me a life time. I even got to meet Jarmo!
Ja5oN
Rocker

Maybe I'll get it right next time

« Reply #50 on: July 17, 2016, 08:13:30 PM »

Thoughts from the show:
Why was the roof closed?
Did some fireworks misfire or was it just a sound effect?
Why sell an awesome lithograph and not provide a means to protect your $50 investment like a bag or cardboard sleeve?
Axl was full of energy and sounded Awesome.
Not a huge fan of Slash's TIL solo (maybe it will grow on me?).
Loved....LOVED the new Better intro!!!
Double Talking Jive.....where have you been hiding....excellent addition.
COMA....thought I would never see that in my life!

My 10th show, my sons 2nd and my 9 year old daughters first show.
Thanks GNR...!

Toronto11/29/02 Ottawa11/17/06 London2/25/10
Vegas11/23&24/12 Toronto7/15/13(mic) Vegas5/28(whistle),30&31/14
Toronto7/16/16 Montreal 8/19/17 Ottawa 8/21/17
Toronto 10/29&30/17
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #51 on: July 17, 2016, 08:40:31 PM »

http://m.torontosun.com/2016/07/17/guns-n-roses-rock-toronto-with-reunion-gig?utm_campaign=Contact+SNS+For+More+Referrer&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=snsanalytics

Reunions can be tricky affairs, even at the best of times.
And when mercurial rocker Axl Rose is involved, you might expect even a few more hiccups than usual.
But surprise, surprise, Guns N? Roses 2016 reunion trek, the cheekily-titled Not In This Lifetime tour, landed at Rogers Centre on Saturday night for its only Canadian stop with classic lineup members Slash on lead guitar and Duff McKagan on bass joining frontman Rose for the first time since 1993, and it pretty much went off without a hitch.
OK, there was that little matter of a gun discovery at the border that the sold-out audience of 50,000 didn?t find out about until close to the end of GNR?s two-hour-and-45-minute performance.
?Not that we were arrested, more like we were detained,? joked Rose, 54. ?Hey, sometimes you forget you have a gun.?
Then he added with a smile: ?It wasn?t my gun.?
Otherwise, the tight-sounding group - rounded out by rhythm guitarist Richard Fortus, drummer Frank Ferrer and keyboardists Dizzy Reed and Melissa Reese - began their marathon set just ten minutes after their scheduled start, which is a miracle by the notoriously late Rose?s standards, launching the night with It?s So Easy.
?Look at all these Canadians,? said the singer, who was downright chatty.
The emphasis was on the music, with the production a relatively simple if striking affair that included an enormous stage dominated by large video screens on each side, a staircase in the middle and the occasional firework or fireburst.
Rose made the most of a simple platform at the front of the stage, jumping up on top of it often so the crowd, made up of many Rose and Slash imitators (women included) right down to the bandanas, top hats, long afros and sunglasses, could see him strut his stuff.
He certainly had a penchant for black T-shirt changes, while donning many an unusual hat - everything from a black sombrero to a straw cowboy hat with a red bandana underneath - and black leather jackets that had both studs and fringe.
Rose even went for the classic look of torn jeans and a plaid flannel shirt wrapped around his waist, but had a near Liberace moment while he played the ballad November Rain on the piano with those video screens providing closeups of his oversized diamond ring.
All that was missing were the candelabra.
November Rain was eventually saved by Slash?s guitar work and a big finish that included the extro of Derek and the Dominos? classic Layla.
Much more successful were such highlights as Mr. Brownstone, Welcome To The Jungle, Sweet Child O? Mine, Night Train, Patience and the show ended Paradise City, plus covers of Wings? Live and Let Die and Bob Dylan?s Knockin' on Heaven?s Door (with Rose asking Toronto to ?represent Canada? in a singalong).
Major kudos to Slash, a superstar on guitar all night long, doing The Godfather Theme solo en route to Sweet Child O' Mine, and both he and Fortus handling a instrumental cover of Pink Floyd?s Wish You Were Here.
Opening for the Gunners were local rock heroes Billy Talent, whose frontman Ben Kowalewicz was clearly stoked about the opportunity.
Joined by Ian D?Sa on guitar, bassist Jon Gallant and Alexisonfire?s Jordan Hastings filling in for drummer Aaron Solowoniuk, who is dealing with an MS relapse, Kowalewicz said: ?If you?d told me 23 years ago in our Mississauga basement that we?d be here opening for Guns N? Roses, I?d have had a fit.?
Instead, Billy Talent, who release a new album, Afraid of Heights, on July 29, rose to the occasion and even managed to give The Tragically Hip?s frontman a shout out in the process.
?We?d be remiss to not keep Gord Downie in our thoughts!? Kowalewiz said of The Hip?s singer, who has been diagnosed with terminal brain cancer but will head across Canada this summer for one final tour.

SET LIST
It?s So Easy Mr. Brownstone Chinese Democracy Welcome to the Jungle Double Talkin? Jive Estranged Live and Let Die Rocket Queen You Could Be Mine Attitude (with You Can?t Put Your Arms?) This I Love Civil War (with Voodoo Child outro) Coma (with band introductions) Speak Softly Love (Love Theme From The Godfather) Sweet Child O? Mine Sorry Better Out Ta Get Me Wish You Were Here November Rain (with Layla ?) Knockin? on Heaven?s Door Nightrain
ENCORE:
Patience (begins with a bit of Angie) The Seeker Paradise City
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #52 on: July 17, 2016, 10:16:42 PM »

Otherwise, the tight-sounding group - rounded out by rhythm guitarist Richard Fortus, drummer Frank Ferrer and keyboardists Dizzy Reed and Melissa Reese - began their marathon set just ten minutes after their scheduled start, which is a miracle by the notoriously late Rose?s standards, launching the night with It?s So Easy.
How many times are we still gonna read this? Even back in the 2013/14 they were not late like that. If you want to consider only this new lineup, they were not significantly late a single time.

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #53 on: July 17, 2016, 10:21:57 PM »

How many times are we still gonna read this? Even back in the 2013/14 they were not late like that. If you want to consider only this new lineup, they were not significantly late a single time.

Probably forever.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Princess Leia
« Reply #54 on: July 18, 2016, 02:27:44 AM »

Were you surprised by that? Neither Better nor Sorry or TIL are big hits. We never got a single, radios never played them, there are no videos and they are not part of any blockbuster movie soundtrack. Keep in mind that a lot people ignored nuGN'R and CD all together. Just because you love CD that doesn't mean the whole world love it too

A lot of people attending these shows go there just to see Axl and Slash together on stage playing SCOM, KOHD, LALD, WTTJ and YCBM. And they don't give a flying fuck about anything else
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #55 on: July 18, 2016, 03:36:24 AM »

Were you surprised by that? Neither Better nor Sorry or TIL are big hits. We never got a single, radios never played them, there are no videos and they are not part of any blockbuster movie soundtrack. Keep in mind that a lot people ignored nuGN'R and CD all together. Just because you love CD that doesn't mean the whole world love it too

A lot of people attending these shows go there just to see Axl and Slash together on stage playing SCOM, KOHD, LALD, WTTJ and YCBM. And they don't give a flying fuck about anything else

Yeah, what are some folks really expecting here?

As the CD era wore on, they were playing smaller and smaller places in fewer and fewer spots, eventually down to just one city.  Now, there are 50,000 people in buildings nationwide.  Does that mean CD had some renaissance?  Hardly.  How many of the 50,000 in the building even own it?

At the end of the day, the CD enthusiasts are still winning.  They are now playing 4 CD songs in a 22 song set.  Come on now.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #56 on: July 18, 2016, 05:09:57 AM »

In the sections around me This I Love got one of the biggest reactions of the night...he absolutely nailed it and the crowd loved it! Chinese and better also got decent responses...sorry on the other hand got no reaction. But I thought overall...the Chinese songs were very well received!

This I Love got a huge reaction, was nice to see
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #57 on: July 18, 2016, 05:14:41 AM »

Prior to the band coming on I had to listen to drunken idiots babble about how Axl was "passed out drunk" and "on heroin" and would no show or be super late. The second Billy Talent were done they were moaning. Some people just like to complain, regardless of actual fact.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #58 on: July 18, 2016, 09:01:21 AM »

Prior to the band coming on I had to listen to drunken idiots babble about how Axl was "passed out drunk" and "on heroin" and would no show or be super late. The second Billy Talent were done they were moaning. Some people just like to complain, regardless of actual fact.
I heard the exact same thing back in 2010 from drunken assholes in the crowd hihi

D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #59 on: July 18, 2016, 11:30:09 AM »

I heard the exact same thing back in 2010 from drunken assholes in the crowd hihi

And after this tour, that might finally change.

But I don't thinks such jokes are out of bounds, given his proven history.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: