Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 02:55:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228124 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  [Updates] July 14th, 2016 Philadelphia, PA @ Lincoln Financial Field
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: [Updates] July 14th, 2016 Philadelphia, PA @ Lincoln Financial Field  (Read 43565 times)
siraddam
Headliner

« Reply #140 on: July 15, 2016, 04:48:28 PM »

What a show! Probably the best they have sounded in 20+ years. It's amazing how good the CD songs actually sound now.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #141 on: July 15, 2016, 04:50:25 PM »

I love when Axl says "what bell you are idiot". Lol

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Guitar1281
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #142 on: July 15, 2016, 04:51:13 PM »

Yeah, it's a B.C. Rich Bich.

I believe it's also a 10 string, with the highest pitched 4 strings doubled up like on a 12 string guitar and the 2 lowest pitched strings like a standard guitar which is pretty interesting that he uses it. I can see the extra four tuning pegs (at the bottom of the guitar) not sure if they are actually strung up.

Listen to my tribute to Axl - Parasite

https://soundcloud.com/withliberty/parasite
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #143 on: July 15, 2016, 04:57:07 PM »

We have all seen the quote that the song isn't specifically about Slash ... But come on ...lol
It's not my favorite song either ... But I've gotten a big kick out of seeing and hearing all the new arrangements and the solos on all of the CD songs on this tour.

While never a favorite of mine, lyrically, I do like the music.  And it sounded good again last night.

But it kills the crowd, due to its general somber tone.  Lot of sitting down around me.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #144 on: July 15, 2016, 04:57:49 PM »

Hey, who else looks around during CD songs to see who knows the words?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
gnrrock
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #145 on: July 15, 2016, 05:08:25 PM »

Hey, who else looks around during CD songs to see who knows the words?

Ha. I do. The Vegas shows were cool because there were a lot singing along. I was impressed.
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #146 on: July 15, 2016, 05:09:43 PM »

Show was fantastic again! good fun seeing Axl4prez2004 again after 10 yrs!! Rocking, the band  was in top form. What a great summer, next up Met-life!!

http://www.nj.com/entertainment/music/index.ssf/2016/07/guns_n_roses_philadelphia_concert_philly_2016_revi.html

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #147 on: July 15, 2016, 05:33:20 PM »

From Richard's Instagram.

4tus
So hot! #frankferrer #richard4tus #gunsnroses

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #148 on: July 15, 2016, 08:07:25 PM »

Videos and sound from this show looked great

Loved that they played Sorry.  It's a cool song.  Love that slash is staying true to buckets parts

Melissa is great on backing vocals and the keyboard is not the only thing she can bounce off of

Seems the more shows they are playing the more commfy they are all feeling towards each other and the crowd.   

The later shows on this tour are just going to be epic
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #149 on: July 15, 2016, 08:21:35 PM »

And I honestly do not think duffs voice has aged.   

I would love for them to throw in a couple more duff songs

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #150 on: July 15, 2016, 08:22:36 PM »

Show was fantastic again! good fun seeing Axl4prez2004 again after 10 yrs!! Rocking, the band  was in top form. What a great summer, next up Met-life!!

http://www.nj.com/entertainment/music/index.ssf/2016/07/guns_n_roses_philadelphia_concert_philly_2016_revi.html

You've got that right man!  What were the odds out of what? 50,000 + people, multiple parking lots, your crew and my crew were parked unplanned within 50 feet (if that?) of each other?  
That's awesome!
It was really cool seeing you and Mani for the 1st time since November, '06's Meadowlands show!  (that Nov., Jersey was cold as hell, and yesterday's show in Philly was hot as hell!)  It was great meeting Mani's man, Tony, Franc and Melania too...
GNR fans are great.
The energy yesterday was fantastic!  
Axl's vocals on This I Love were just amazing...I've gotta hear Slash's solos on it more to be a fair judge, but Axl fucking killed it with sweat dripping like a faucet!  Awesome stuff.

...the day and night would have been perfect had it not been for the person who left beer bottles in the lot that gave us a flat tire!   crying   ...and the person who took my concert tee.  Oh well, that's life.
I had a great effing time...these memories are literally seared into my memory (I think it's from it being sooo hot!)   hihi

Thank you GNR and the best fans in the world!  Except for the ones who leave bottles out and steal tees!   peace

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #151 on: July 15, 2016, 08:26:02 PM »

We have all seen the quote that the song isn't specifically about Slash ... But come on ...lol
It's not my favorite song either ... But I've gotten a big kick out of seeing and hearing all the new arrangements and the solos on all of the CD songs on this tour.

While never a favorite of mine, lyrically, I do like the music.  And it sounded good again last night.

But it kills the crowd, due to its general somber tone.  Lot of sitting down around me.

It's always been one of my favorite CD songs..But you are right, crowds don't seem to be into it..I saw GNR in NJ a few years ago, I think the set was CD, ISE, B-Stone and Sorry..Majority of the crowd sat down during Sorry..Great tune!! Maybe have a cool video montage, I don't get why people don't get how great it is...
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #152 on: July 15, 2016, 08:39:25 PM »

Wow almost 70,000 people were there? That's gotta be the largest crowd so far.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #153 on: July 15, 2016, 08:54:13 PM »

One more funny moment:

You guys are right about the guitar, it is a BC. I stand correct. Still think it's fugly. Tongue

I believe it's also a 10 string, with the highest pitched 4 strings doubled up like on a 12 string guitar and the 2 lowest pitched strings like a standard guitar which is pretty interesting that he uses it. I can see the extra four tuning pegs (at the bottom of the guitar) not sure if they are actually strung up.
Don't think so. It sounds just like a Drop D (tuned in E instead of Eb? Don't remember). You can clearly see the guitar on this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNxTphD9fbc

Bazfreak
VIP

Wololoo

« Reply #154 on: July 15, 2016, 10:20:49 PM »

Dont Cry 2016 its just strange to me...dunno...lacks something! Frank changed it too much I guess...Im used to the kick ass version from the Illusions tour.

14/apr/2010 @Apoteose Rio | 02/oct/2011 @Rock in Rio 2011 | 20/mar/2014 @HSBC Arena Rio | 12/nov/2016 @Alllianz Park S?o Paulo | 15/nov/2016 @Est?dio Engenh?o Rio | 23/sep/2017 @ Rock in Rio 2017
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #155 on: July 15, 2016, 11:05:26 PM »

It was jam packed.

I'm not sure what the seating is for concerts there.  It's where Eagles play.  Seen shows at the Phillies stadium, but never at the Eagles one.

But the club level was high enough that I got a nice panoramic view of the place.  They put the full lights on in between a few of the songs.  And you could see nothing but people everywhere.  No seats.  Even the upper levels were filled to capacity, looked like.

Oh, and every local review (TV, paper, blogs) raved about the show, effusively.

ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #156 on: July 15, 2016, 11:22:58 PM »

It was jam packed.

I'm not sure what the seating is for concerts there.  It's where Eagles play.  Seen shows at the Phillies stadium, but never at the Eagles one.

But the club level was high enough that I got a niice panoramic view of the place.  They put the full lights on in between a few of the songs.  And you could see nothing but people everywhere.  No seats.  Even the upper levels were filled to capacity, looked like.

awesome that you got to take your dad. id love to take mine.

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
McKenzie
Headliner

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

« Reply #157 on: July 16, 2016, 01:29:05 AM »

One more funny moment:

You guys are right about the guitar, it is a BC. I stand correct. Still think it's fugly. Tongue

Don't think so. It sounds just like a Drop D (tuned in E instead of Eb? Don't remember). You can clearly see the guitar on this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNxTphD9fbc

As far as I remember, on Chinese Democracy (and Sorry, Better...) the guitar is tuned Drop D indeed - and half step down, in GNR case: C#-G#-C#-F#-Bb-Eb. I don't know if Slash is using the aditional 4 strings of the B.C. Rich Bich, like on a 12 string guitar.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #158 on: July 16, 2016, 01:45:24 AM »

It was jam packed.

But the club level was high enough that I got a nice panoramic view of the place.  They put the full lights on in between a few of the songs.  And you could see nothing but people everywhere.  No seats.  Even the upper levels were filled to capacity, looked like.

The review said about 70k. So that's what i am going by.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #159 on: July 16, 2016, 03:49:04 AM »

It was jam packed.

The review said about 70k. So that's what i am going by.

I think 50k is about right.

The U2 360 tour had 70k in this stadium, but that was in the round, not end-stage.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: