Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 02:54:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  [UPDATES] June 26, 2016 ? FedExField, Landover
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: [UPDATES] June 26, 2016 ? FedExField, Landover  (Read 40622 times)
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #140 on: June 28, 2016, 12:15:22 PM »

MNGS717 - thanks for your post and GREAT pics, sounds like an amazing time, so cool to hear of the packed, excited crowd  beer
cannot wait to see them again  Grin Grin Grin
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #141 on: June 28, 2016, 12:22:26 PM »

TWAT > Sorry 7 days a week .....and they played twat in Mexico so that is strange...

Have the new guys ever listened to those lyrics??

These shows are so good the set list is really irrelevant but there are so many GNR songs or other covers every fan wants to see over The Seeker. Seems to be universal.

Hahahahaha.  Agreed on 'Sorry'.  Odd choice.

And 'The Seeker', which I do like, is not even a top 15 Who song.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Factory Girl
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #142 on: June 28, 2016, 12:40:19 PM »

TWAT > Sorry 7 days a week .....and they played twat in Mexico so that is strange...

Have the new guys ever listened to those lyrics??

These shows are so good the set list is really irrelevant but there are so many GNR songs or other covers every fan wants to see over The Seeker. Seems to be universal.

Hahahahaha.  Agreed on 'Sorry'.  Odd choice.

And 'The Seeker', which I do like, is not even a top 15 Who song.

Even one of the reviews Spirit posted says that the crowd was not very much into The Seeker. Hahaha.
That says a lot imo.
Sickthings3
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #143 on: June 28, 2016, 12:41:39 PM »

Thank you for doing this!!!

This is a different source, but here's a more full version of This I Love

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdjnRoHh0o8
Sickthings3
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #144 on: June 28, 2016, 12:50:02 PM »

I think you might start seeing more shakeups at the venues they're playing two shows, like Chicago, Boston, NJ/NY and LA... you'd have to assume a lot of the same people are gonna make up those crowds. I think they'll get something different both times out. That's up to the band. No complaints at all so far.

I hope you're right!!! I'm going to both Chicago shows and would love to see Yesterdays, Sorry, Slither, Used to Love Her, etc! Especially the first one being on a Friday night, hopefully they'll go a little longer then a midweek show! Either way, so damn excited!
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #145 on: June 28, 2016, 02:15:04 PM »

It's awesome.

The fact people are paying attention to the band again is cool enough.  But they are being shown love, which is all the better.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #146 on: June 28, 2016, 03:16:31 PM »

Thanks, nice find. Smiley

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #147 on: June 28, 2016, 03:42:23 PM »

^
I believe that's from Detroit. It's from a set of exclusive Nightrain photos called "Backstage in Detroit".

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
gunsnroses85
Headliner

YOU'RE GONNA' DIEEEE!!!!!

« Reply #148 on: June 28, 2016, 03:55:59 PM »

Amazing show, as expected!!  My friend and I pulled in the parking lot around 8:45pm.  As we got out of the car we could hear Alice In Chains.  They finished a song and then we heard them say the next was the last song.  There was still a lot of traffic pulling in and lots of people tailgating. 

Pretty sure we talked briefly in the pit after the show had ended. You mentioned to me that the DC shirt I was wearing was sold out by the time you got to the show. Awesome to see that you got a pick and had a great time, Slash threw me one but it bounced off my hand and security gave it to someone else.  crying

Oh she's a cornshucker!
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #149 on: June 28, 2016, 04:05:21 PM »

Now THAT one is from Landover, MD on Sunday night!   yes

« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 04:10:22 PM by Bridge » Logged
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #150 on: June 28, 2016, 04:29:20 PM »

Now THAT one is from Landover, MD on Sunday night!   yes

Bridge ...

Didn't you say all this talk was all bullshit ??  Grin

Great picture !

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
MNGS717
Rocker

« Reply #151 on: June 28, 2016, 05:16:37 PM »

MNGS717 - thanks for your post and GREAT pics, sounds like an amazing time, so cool to hear of the packed, excited crowd  beer
cannot wait to see them again  Grin Grin Grin

Thanks babydolls and everyone!!!  I have some more photos to share later.

12/6/02 Philly
11/20/11 Wilkes-Barre,PA
2/23/12 Silver Spring, MD
5/13/14 Bethlehem,PA
6/26/16 Landover,Md
7/14/16 Philly
8/13/17 Hershey
MNGS717
Rocker

« Reply #152 on: June 28, 2016, 05:18:42 PM »

Amazing show, as expected!!  My friend and I pulled in the parking lot around 8:45pm.  As we got out of the car we could hear Alice In Chains.  They finished a song and then we heard them say the next was the last song.  There was still a lot of traffic pulling in and lots of people tailgating. 

Pretty sure we talked briefly in the pit after the show had ended. You mentioned to me that the DC shirt I was wearing was sold out by the time you got to the show. Awesome to see that you got a pick and had a great time, Slash threw me one but it bounced off my hand and security gave it to someone else.  crying

Took some random photos after the show.  Didn't ask anyone.  Do you wear a hat like this?

12/6/02 Philly
11/20/11 Wilkes-Barre,PA
2/23/12 Silver Spring, MD
5/13/14 Bethlehem,PA
6/26/16 Landover,Md
7/14/16 Philly
8/13/17 Hershey
crazyfool
Headliner

You dig what i'm saying?

« Reply #153 on: June 28, 2016, 05:37:23 PM »

The fact that Slither is on the list is really cool.  And very telling.  Can't wait till it makes an appearance.   ok

12/6/02
5/12/06
5/14/06
11/10/06
4/9/16
6/26/16
Eduardo
VIP

Its just that demon life has got him in its sway

« Reply #154 on: June 28, 2016, 05:38:23 PM »

Anyone else think Patience sounds too empty, with only acoustic guitars and Slash's Les Paul?

The song sounds dead to me, especially Slash's uninspired solo and the coda, which is my favorite part

I really think they should play it more like the '92 version, with the 12 string guitar and powerful coda
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #155 on: June 28, 2016, 06:15:14 PM »

Rise of the Roses: The concert tour that was never supposed to happen is here

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/jun/27/guns-n-roses-concert-review-reunited-band-rocks-no/

Sweetness is a virtue
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #156 on: June 28, 2016, 06:56:09 PM »

Anyone else think Patience sounds too empty, with only acoustic guitars and Slash's Les Paul?

The song sounds dead to me, especially Slash's uninspired solo and the coda, which is my favorite part

I really think they should play it more like the '92 version, with the 12 string guitar and powerful coda
I always felt the song sounded "empty" live, but I much prefer this low-key approach than the full drive solo.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/jun/27/guns-n-roses-concert-review-reunited-band-rocks-no/
Tried to read this lenghty review. But the guy thought The Godfather Theme was a surprise. And that the CD songs were the moment to go the bathroom... So yeah, fuck that.

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #157 on: June 28, 2016, 07:10:56 PM »

Tried to read this lenghty review. But the guy thought The Godfather Theme was a surprise. And that the CD songs were the moment to go the bathroom... So yeah, fuck that.

A surprise to people who haven't followed the band closely this year I guess. Probably the case with many fans at the shows.

I don't share his opinion on the CD songs, but I understand the stance. Many fans aren't too keen on the new material, and are mostly interested in the old stuff. I suspect them not giving the songs a chance when they first came out, so it lessens the enjoyment in hearing the songs live, they basically don't know the songs. Their loss I guess.

Sweetness is a virtue
Johnnyblood
VIP

Nothing.

« Reply #158 on: June 28, 2016, 07:38:19 PM »

Interesting review. Apart from a very stilted writing style, and clearly not very familiar with the band's past shows, I think probably captures the feeling of many of the ordinary ticket buyers... so, basically the greater preponderance of the audience, the ones who make this an arena show instead of a theater show. His basic theme is that the band, and Slash especially, are the most consistent part of the show. I hate to bring this up but Axl is sounding less like Axl/DC and more like Axl '00-'15, which is a little disappointing knowing now what he's capable of doing on a nightly basis. I specifically agree with his assessment of SCOM... it's been ages since we've had a really good performance of the band's biggest hit, not since the UYI tour. And it's usually one of the songs Axl sings the least passionately. Flame away, if you will, but I know how good that song is, and I know what the great live performances have sounded like. Now it's usually the weakest moment of the show. I know a lot of people here won't agree, but here's a pretty neutral reviewer saying as much. He recognizes that Axl is very up and down... at times the weakest link, and occasionally the supernova from 86-93.

I've seen enough.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #159 on: June 28, 2016, 08:27:44 PM »

A surprise to people who haven't followed the band closely this year I guess. Probably the case with many fans at the shows.

I don't share his opinion on the CD songs, but I understand the stance. Many fans aren't too keen on the new material, and are mostly interested in the old stuff. I suspect them not giving the songs a chance when they first came out, so it lessens the enjoyment in hearing the songs live, they basically don't know the songs. Their loss I guess.
I understand that. This is the average guy who's going to the shows knows very little. Problem is that a reviewer should've know better in my opinion.

I specifically agree with his assessment of SCOM... it's been ages since we've had a really good performance of the band's biggest hit, not since the UYI tour. And it's usually one of the songs Axl sings the least passionately. Flame away, if you will, but I know how good that song is, and I know what the great live performances have sounded like. Now it's usually the weakest moment of the show. I know a lot of people here won't agree, but here's a pretty neutral reviewer saying as much. He recognizes that Axl is very up and down... at times the weakest link, and occasionally the supernova from 86-93.
I disagree. The 2006/07 performances were highlights to me. Even in 2002, the Madison Square Garden performance was so damn eletrified.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: