Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 21, 2024, 01:43:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228093 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl features in two of Rolling Stone's "Summer 2016's 30 Hottest Tours"
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl features in two of Rolling Stone's "Summer 2016's 30 Hottest Tours"  (Read 11201 times)
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2016, 03:54:38 PM »

Imagine (I'm definitely getting ahead of myself here) Axl releasing new albums with both AC/DC and GN'R..

Angus writes all their shit anyway.  I think in one of these articles, I read that Brian hadn't really written anything since the 80s.

So, its not like the loss of him would be a real blow to the process.

I think the bigger question would be, if Angus and Axl sat down to write something, would it still come out like every other AC/DC song?

I don't know, has Angus ever written anything without Malcolm?  Isn't he responsible for just about all their main riffs?  
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2016, 03:58:24 PM »

Imagine (I'm definitely getting ahead of myself here) Axl releasing new albums with both AC/DC and GN'R..

Angus writes all their shit anyway.  I think in one of these articles, I read that Brian hadn't really written anything since the 80s.

So, its not like the loss of him would be a real blow to the process.

I think the bigger question would be, if Angus and Axl sat down to write something, would it still come out like every other AC/DC song?

I don't know, has Angus ever written anything without Malcolm?  Isn't he responsible for just about all their main riffs?  

I know Malcolm has writing credits on Rock Or Bust, but not sure how involved he was putting the songs together. Could have been old riffs written by him, taken from the vault.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2016, 03:58:52 PM »

Hmm, that is a good point.

I kind of think AC/DC is just a legacy touring act at this stage.  Probably have been for a little while now, really.

Would they have moved one less ticket on the past 2 tours if 'Black Ice' or 'Rock Or Bust' never happened?  Probably not.  You are buying tickets for 'Highway To Hell' and 'Thunderstruck'.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2016, 04:06:38 PM »

Hmm, that is a good point.

I kind of think AC/DC is just a legacy touring act at this stage.  Probably have been for a little while now, really.

Would they have moved one less ticket on the past 2 tours if 'Black Ice' or 'Rock Or Bust' never happened?  Probably not.  You are buying tickets for 'Highway To Hell' and 'Thunderstruck'.

They would most likely have sold out those shows regardless.

But I checked out the stats for Rock Or Bust, and it actually went to #1 in 13 countries and #3 on the Billboard chart. People are definitely still buying their music, the interest is there.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2016, 04:10:26 PM »

I think somebody might have said this already...but most or the lyrics Axl has come up with post Illusions are really all... they come from some kind of pain or difficult experience...

Not exactly AC DC type stuff....

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2016, 04:10:41 PM »

Sorry if the analogies crossed a line...

No worries. It's exciting times for sure.

I just don't get the need some have to constantly use that as an excuse to shit on whatever happened between now and _____ (insert date).
It's becoming tiring to see some do the same thing over and over again.

It's not respectful to the band or some of their fans.

So in order to keep that kind of back and forth to a minimum, I would advice anyone to show some respect to the band's history. No matter what personal preferences you might have. That's all. Thanks.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2016, 04:11:21 PM »

Plus how many posts were there on this very board a year or two ago how repetitive AC DC music was and there is no growth from record to record...

Now we are all for it huh?

« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 08:58:22 PM by JAEBALL » Logged

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2016, 04:11:50 PM »

I think somebody might have said this already...but most or the lyrics Axl has come up with post Illusions are really all... they come from some kind of pain or difficult experience...

Two different kinds of subject matter it seems....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2016, 04:14:07 PM »

/jarmo

Definitely.

I am loving the performances...but the thought of ACDC turning out a new record with Axl Rose in like a year makes me sick to my stomach as a GNR fan.  hihi

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2016, 04:28:26 PM »

Yeah, not a bad point.

AC/DC really isn't so much about the inner turmoil.  Could be something of a clash of styles.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2016, 04:30:25 PM »

Definitely.

I am loving the performances...but the thought of ACDC turning out a new record with Axl Rose in like a year makes me sick to my stomach as a GNR fan.  hihi

No baggage though.  That might have some appeal to him.

Nothing that's been sitting in his vault for years.  Nothing he would need clearance from the 5 or however many people are on a track that are long out of the fold.

Just sit down, crank out 10 rockers, and off you go.

Factory Girl
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2016, 04:32:40 PM »

/jarmo

Definitely.

I would love to know if there's any chance of GNR releasing new music...if the door is open at least....
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2016, 04:36:06 PM »

I would love to know if there's any chance of GNR releasing new music...if the door is open at least....

I imagine we will be able to tell after this tour.

Say the whole tour comes and goes.  There never is any real interaction onstage.  There never is any press.  There never is any talk from even one of them on their own about anything further...then we can probably chalk this up to a business arrangement for a lucrative tour, and nothing else.

Which I am fine with.  They still will have done more than right by their fans with just the tour, in my opinion.

HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2016, 07:29:23 PM »

Guns N' Roses

June 23rd-August 22nd

The unlikely reunion of Axl Rose and classic-era Guns N' Roses members Slash and bassist Duff McKagan after decades of public acrimony and bitter swipes in the press still seems impossible. And yet they played their first dates together for the first time since 1993 in April, many of which found Rose seated on Dave Grohl's "rock throne," and they have set two months' worth of stadium gigs that will run from June to August this summer, with support coming variously from Alice in Chains and Lenny Kravitz. Even weirder is how the dates will commence after Rose returns from a European run fronting AC/DC. But the most stunning fact remains that the reunion has appeared to be working so far, even if none of the band members have spoken about it explicitly. They've dubbed their trek the "Not in This Lifetime ... Tour," so maybe it's best not to question why it's all going so well.

AC/DC

Through June 12th

"Nice to meet you!" Axl Rose told 50,000 AC/DC fans in Lisbon during his first show singing with the band. And it does feel like we're meeting a new guy. After years of reclusive behavior, Axl is fronting not one but two of the biggest tours of the summer: AC/DC (while singer Brian Johnson is out of commission) and, later, a reunited Guns N' Roses. "I'm hoping to make it through the first show before I get fired," Rose joked. He did, adding new menace to hits like "Back in Black." Here's hoping the punishing schedule won't cause him to blow out his voice ahead of GN'R's stadium run.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists/summer-2016s-30-hottest-tours-20160524#ixzz49avICOA7
Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

The Boss's ANGUS YOUNG & AXL ROSE

hihi

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2016, 08:37:29 PM »

Plus how many posts were there on this very board a year or two ago how repetitive AC DC music was and there is no growth from record from record...

Now we are all for it huh?

Been thinking about this post since you typed it earlier today.

I think I file it strictly in the "better than nothing" category.

Fact is, we don't have a hell of a lot of official material with Axl Rose vocals on there.  This is far from my first choice, but would I take 10 likely pretty paint by numbers AC/DC songs, but with Axl at the helm?  If my alternative is nothing else? 

Yeah, bring it on.

jamillos22
Rocker

« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2016, 12:16:04 AM »

Oh for fuck's sake!

Here we go again, putting down something in GN'R history in order to try to prove a point.
Yet, I'm the bad guy for pointing it out.

And don't start whining about how I'm "derailing" the thread again.
You're the ones with the analogies. You must be aware of exactly what you're doing and what the end game will be. Still you keep doing the same shit.

When will you learn?

I'm losing patience with some of you.
Just a head's up. Smiley

Edited to add: I guess I'll have to start moderating certain posts more from now on until some people learn the difference between being supportive and trolling for attention. Smiley

/jarmo

This forum is fucked. I?m outta here.
Enjoy your fascist site.

Hell has frozen over.
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2016, 01:31:36 AM »

Definitely.

No baggage though.  That might have some appeal to him.

Nothing that's been sitting in his vault for years.  Nothing he would need clearance from the 5 or however many people are on a track that are long out of the fold.

Just sit down, crank out 10 rockers, and off you go.

i think with guns he would hold the lyrics to a different standard. not a higher standard, but a different set of standards. like theyd hafta be more meaningful to him and all that. i bet he could still write about typical r and r stuff pretty easily if thats what angus wanted. probably he could churn them out like nothing. i bet theyd be great and have all kinds of cool word play and stuff going on too.

im with dx on the better than nothing front. they wouldnt be guns songs, but i bet theyd be damn good acdc songs.

another guns record, on the other hand, would be a huge event for me in my own personal life. id find an extra special way to celebrate it.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 01:33:44 AM by rj seitz » Logged

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2016, 03:03:36 AM »

Oh for fuck's sake!

Here we go again, putting down something in GN'R history in order to try to prove a point.
Yet, I'm the bad guy for pointing it out.

And don't start whining about how I'm "derailing" the thread again.
You're the ones with the analogies. You must be aware of exactly what you're doing and what the end game will be. Still you keep doing the same shit.

When will you learn?

I'm losing patience with some of you.
Just a head's up. Smiley

Edited to add: I guess I'll have to start moderating certain posts more from now on until some people learn the difference between being supportive and trolling for attention. Smiley

/jarmo

Enjoy your fascist site.

Bye-bye  Kiss

dun-dun-dun Another one bites the dust....
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 03:37:47 AM by The Wight Gunner » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #38 on: May 25, 2016, 06:41:03 AM »

In a way it's kinda cool RS managed to mention a tour that's not taking place in the US at all. The AC/DC & Axl tour is Europe only (for now) and still got mentioned.  ok

Enjoy your fascist site.

This is kinda funny.
My post wasn't aimed at any particular one person, only a certain behavior which seems to prevail among some.
Which obviously is both disrespectful and creates unnecessary bickering. So in order to have a more fun atmosphere, I decided to make my point.

In these times of excitement, there's no real need for anyone to constantly feel the need to put down the past in order to make themselves feel better. That's the point.

Thanks, I will. Smiley

/jarmo

Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #39 on: May 25, 2016, 05:22:35 PM »

In a way it's kinda cool RS managed to mention a tour that's not taking place in the US at all. The AC/DC & Axl tour is Europe only (for now) and still got mentioned.  ok

Enjoy your fascist site.

This is kinda funny.
My post wasn't aimed at any particular one person, only a certain behavior which seems to prevail among some.
Which obviously is both disrespectful and creates unnecessary bickering. So in order to have a more fun atmosphere, I decided to make my point.

In these times of excitement, there's no real need for anyone to constantly feel the need to put down the past in order to make themselves feel better. That's the point.

Thanks, I will. Smiley

/jarmo

Being a GN'R fan is very much like being a Star Wars fan. The irony is the worst part about being a fan is having to tolerate the "fans".

C'est La Vie.

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: