Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 21, 2024, 01:27:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228093 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl features in two of Rolling Stone's "Summer 2016's 30 Hottest Tours"
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl features in two of Rolling Stone's "Summer 2016's 30 Hottest Tours"  (Read 11199 times)
Spirit
Legend

« on: May 24, 2016, 01:16:57 PM »

Guns N' Roses

June 23rd-August 22nd

The unlikely reunion of Axl Rose and classic-era Guns N' Roses members Slash and bassist Duff McKagan after decades of public acrimony and bitter swipes in the press still seems impossible. And yet they played their first dates together for the first time since 1993 in April, many of which found Rose seated on Dave Grohl's "rock throne," and they have set two months' worth of stadium gigs that will run from June to August this summer, with support coming variously from Alice in Chains and Lenny Kravitz. Even weirder is how the dates will commence after Rose returns from a European run fronting AC/DC. But the most stunning fact remains that the reunion has appeared to be working so far, even if none of the band members have spoken about it explicitly. They've dubbed their trek the "Not in This Lifetime ... Tour," so maybe it's best not to question why it's all going so well.

AC/DC

Through June 12th

"Nice to meet you!" Axl Rose told 50,000 AC/DC fans in Lisbon during his first show singing with the band. And it does feel like we're meeting a new guy. After years of reclusive behavior, Axl is fronting not one but two of the biggest tours of the summer: AC/DC (while singer Brian Johnson is out of commission) and, later, a reunited Guns N' Roses. "I'm hoping to make it through the first show before I get fired," Rose joked. He did, adding new menace to hits like "Back in Black." Here's hoping the punishing schedule won't cause him to blow out his voice ahead of GN'R's stadium run.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists/summer-2016s-30-hottest-tours-20160524#ixzz49avICOA7
Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2016, 01:19:09 PM »

No surprise these are on the list though... Smiley

Sweetness is a virtue
Annie
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2016, 01:24:06 PM »

Great article except for the blowing out his voice jab. He is not doing 8 shows a week like Broadway singers. He has 3-4 days off between shows on the AC/Dc gigs.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 01:25:54 PM by Little EMO Annie » Logged
johnreed3344
Rocker

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2016, 01:25:15 PM »

Axl is KING

12/5/02
5/17/06
11/5/06
11/17/11
11/26/11
2/10/12
2/24/12
6/8/13
4/8/16
4/16/16
7/14/16
7/23/16
10/11/17
10/12/17
10/15/17
10/16/17
7/1/18
10/1/19
8/5/21
8/11/23
8/15/23 NE
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2016, 01:25:33 PM »

Great article except for the blowing out his voice jab.

That's not a jab imo.

Sweetness is a virtue
Annie
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2016, 01:27:17 PM »

That's not a jab imo.
You are entitled to your opinion. It just came off as a bit snarky to me.
Kind of like when Peter Dinklage's mother told him to not be disappointed if he didn't win the EMMY for his permformance in GOT Season 1. He won BTW.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2016, 01:28:43 PM »

That's not a jab imo.

They're hoping his tight schedule won't do damage to his voice before he embarks on the GN'R trek... don't we all?

Sweetness is a virtue
Annie
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2016, 01:31:18 PM »

That's not a jab imo.

They're hoping his tight schedule won't do damage to his voice before he embarks on the GN'R trek... don't we all?
As I have stated previously AXL is a trained professional and he knows what he is doing Let's all have a little faith and let him enjoy this totally awesome career renaissance.
We  have a  saying where I work as to not try and set people up to fail.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 01:33:01 PM by Little EMO Annie » Logged
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2016, 01:34:06 PM »

That's not a jab imo.

As I have stated previously AXL is a trained professional and he knows what he is doing Let's all have a little faith and let him enjoy this totally awesome career renaissance.

I don't believe he will do any damage to his voice, and is in complete control.

I just see that remark by Rolling Stone as a positive one. They're listing the GN'R tour as one of the hottest ones of the summer after all.

Sweetness is a virtue
Annie
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2016, 01:38:14 PM »

That's not a jab imo.

I don't believe he will do any damage to his voice, and is in complete control.

I just see that remark by Rolling Stone as a positive one. They're listing the GN'R tour as one of the hottest ones of the summer after all.
It is one of the hottest tours of the summer. Say why not celebrate the triumph without saying might  blow out his voice. Just my .02. I think AC/DC really inspired Axl in his younger days and without Ac/Dc there would be no GNR.
Axl is back in black and black don't crack. smoking
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 01:40:30 PM by Little EMO Annie » Logged
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2016, 01:45:47 PM »

They're not saying *it will blow out his voice*.

I just see it as a way of saying Axl's got a tight schedule this summer and we want Axl in top form for the GN'R shows. It's a remark on the schedule, not Axl as performer.

Personally I don't think this will be a problem, but I understand their viewpoint.

Sweetness is a virtue
Annie
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2016, 01:54:56 PM »

They're not saying *it will blow out his voice*.

I just see it as a way of saying Axl's got a tight schedule this summer and we want Axl in top form for the GN'R shows. It's a remark on the schedule, not Axl as performer.

Personally I don't think this will be a problem, but I understand their viewpoint.

We can agree to disagree. ok
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2016, 02:18:24 PM »

More promotion for the tour.  Grin

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
gnrrock
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2016, 02:22:10 PM »

This Summer is shaping up to be the Summer of Axl. Leading GNR and AC/DC in one summer is epic. Glad to read all the great feedback in the press and from the fans.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2016, 02:56:42 PM »

That's not a jab imo.

This is not a shot... BUT wasn't he a trained professional when he blew his voice out during the first Hammerstein show in 2006 and almost had to cancel at least the following date?

Moving on... I can't believe what has happened over the past few months and what is in store for us over the next several... I honestly never thought I'd see this. While I was happy to see Axl and his hired hands 2016 is really unlike anything we have seen since the 90s'
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2016, 02:58:08 PM »

Imagine (I'm definitely getting ahead of myself here) Axl releasing new albums with both AC/DC and GN'R..

Sweetness is a virtue
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2016, 03:25:55 PM »

Oh for fuck's sake!

Here we go again, putting down something in GN'R history in order to try to prove a point.
Yet, I'm the bad guy for pointing it out.

And don't start whining about how I'm "derailing" the thread again.
You're the ones with the analogies. You must be aware of exactly what you're doing and what the end game will be. Still you keep doing the same shit.

When will you learn?

I'm losing patience with some of you.
Just a head's up. Smiley

Edited to add: I guess I'll have to start moderating certain posts more from now on until some people learn the difference between being supportive and trolling for attention. Smiley

/jarmo
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 03:33:42 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2016, 03:43:06 PM »

Imagine (I'm definitely getting ahead of myself here) Axl releasing new albums with both AC/DC and GN'R..

Angus writes all their shit anyway.  I think in one of these articles, I read that Brian hadn't really written anything since the 80s.

So, its not like the loss of him would be a real blow to the process.

I think the bigger question would be, if Angus and Axl sat down to write something, would it still come out like every other AC/DC song?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2016, 03:51:46 PM »

Oh for fuck's sake!

Here we go again, putting down something in GN'R history in order to try to prove a point.
Yet, I'm the bad guy for pointing it out.

And don't start whining about how I'm "derailing" the thread again.
You're the ones with the analogies. You must be aware of exactly what you're doing and what the end game will be. Still you keep doing the same shit.

When will you learn?

I'm losing patience with some of you.
Just a head's up. Smiley

Edited to add: I guess I'll have to start moderating certain posts more from now on until some people learn the difference between being supportive and trolling for attention. Smiley

/jarmo

Sorry if the analogies crossed a line... You have to admit though the global 'buy in' of the Reunion/Reformation/whatever you want to call it along with the excitement and largely positive wide scale press of Axl fronting AC/DC is something we haven't seen in decades. It's not just the change in lineup, it's the use of social media, it's the whole ground swell that happened in LA prior to the Troubadour show. It feels like the early 90's again with them in the music press on a nearly daily basis (which we owe huge thanks to TB). 02, 06, 08-09 weren't like this... and that isn't meant as a put down. Those lineups gave their all, they kept the train rolling in this direction... Richard and Frank are representing those lineups by killing it every time they have shared the stage with Slash and Duff.

I hate trying to link sports and music, but I see it as a logical comparison... It is very hard to talk about the Boston Red Sox 2004 World Series Championship and what it meant to their fan base without talking about the 86 years without a championship... but that is not meant as a slight to the amazing teams and players that fell short in 46' 67' 76' and 86'... but you can't ignore that the Yankees were ripping off dozens of championships in that same window. The popular support this band is finally getting feels nice... it's a really different feeling.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2016, 03:52:34 PM »

Angus writes all their shit anyway.  I think in one of these articles, I read that Brian hadn't really written anything since the 80s.

So, its not like the loss of him would be a real blow to the process.

I think the bigger question would be, if Angus and Axl sat down to write something, would it still come out like every other AC/DC song?

I was thinking more of the publicity storm Axl would be in if that happened, with the current situation in mind.

But yeah, I've seen AC/DC fans being positive to Axl being involved in the writing process would they decide on recording something together. I guess the fans would welcome the change, given Angus probably has used a certain formula for years (God knows it works though).

Sweetness is a virtue
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: