Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 07:54:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  From Las Vegas to summer tour to....what's next?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: From Las Vegas to summer tour to....what's next?  (Read 21682 times)
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #80 on: April 12, 2016, 05:45:37 PM »

I can totaly see them bringing their ideas and doing something new with what they already have (that's what I think it's gonna happen if they decide to release a new album), but I don't see it, as some people suggested, if the CD2 songs are finished, that they would just add some parts, play a few solos and that's it.
But still I would much prefer if they started from scratch.
I would love to hear both: new stuff with Slash and Duff and old recordings with Robin and Bucket. I'd really love to get as much new stuff as possible, in fact. I was just talking about what could happen if they have a solid plan to release anything in a short term. And that's seems like an unfortunately big IF.

bombom
Headliner

« Reply #81 on: April 12, 2016, 06:02:10 PM »

I would assume that Axl holds control and everyone else has a contract, given whats gone before, I cannot see him handing out part ownership of the band/brand to Slash or Duff;  They would be akin to paid employees, just like Richard, Frank, Dizzy and Melissa.

As for new music, depends on the appetite (no pun intended) that they have after touring together for a while.  Age mellows you yet there was a lot of turds thrown at one another and however forgiving a person you are, in any situation where frustrations and tempers flare, even momentarily, one wrong word could see this reunion come screeching to a halt.

If after the US Tour, a South American and Asian Tour is announced and tentative plans for a Major European Tour in 2017 are rumoured, unless they get some time in between shows, I wouldn't hold my breath for new music until 2018/19 at the earliest and by new music, I mean fresh, new stuff.

There's no reason that they cannot revisit older stuff.  For example, I'm sure that Duff has some riffs and lyrics from his solo/Wanted days, same goes for Slash with VR/Snakepit/Solo stuff and we know Axl likely has a treasure chest of songs and lyrics, from some likely fully mastered to sentences and riffs and a plethora in between.

I'm not saying that suddenly Slash and Duff will want to record or rerecord any of the stuff that Axl has, such as Zodiac, The General or any of the other confirmed titles nor revisit anything from the Illusion days but its not out of the realm of possibility that Slash/Duff take a listen, like one or 2 of them and give them their own spin on it which is liked by Axl and they decide to record it. Similarly, there may be a riff that Slash is playing with that Axl nails down some lyrics for it.

The kicker for me in all this is whether the band, through their US tour actually end up playing all of the CD songs, it'll be telling if there's some they don't IMHO along with if Axl actually lets the band perform any of Duffs songs or even any of Snakepit/VR stuff especially.  If that happens at all, I think its safe to say that the hatchet has truly been buried (and who hasn't wondered what certain VR songs would have sounded like with Axl on them!)

Here's hoping to new music but meanwhile, lets just enjoy the fact that we have "our old band" back together and its gonna be one hell of a ride regardless!

The Devil Hates a Loser!

25/7/2006 - Birmingham
9/6/2006 - Dublin
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #82 on: April 12, 2016, 06:19:27 PM »

They are playing reworked versions of CD era songs now. They may be much more open to working with vault material than you think.

True...

and whos to say it wouldnt be a mishmash of both vault.. cd2 and a couple of completely new songs written today?

Nothing has ever been straight forward with this band and i dont see that ever changing.. i guess its whats kept us all interested this long.

Ax
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #83 on: April 12, 2016, 06:21:56 PM »

I think if everything goes smoothly, which is a huge if, it goes down like this:

1. Complete US summer tour;

2. Take a few months off in late 2016/early 2017. It is at this point that they start looking at what to do about a new album.

3. Spring/summer 2017, European/Asian/South American tours. Work on new music during tour and on small breaks during tour. Small chance of a new song or two played during tour.

4. Late 2017/early 2018, work on new music.

5. At some point in 2018, release new album.

6. Leading up to release/following release of new album, full world tour.

That is somewhat my dream, but also realistic timeline wise scenario. Since touring is where you make your money, it is also realistic to think that they will do a full world tour before releasing anything so that they can do another full world tour after they release new material.

With all of that said, i could also see the US tour being the end of it, and after that Axl just releases what was recorded for CDII and calling it a career without bothering to tour under the album and just rely on the left over buzz from the summer tour to sell the album.
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #84 on: April 12, 2016, 06:23:52 PM »

I think if everything goes smoothly, which is a huge if, it goes down like this:

1. Complete US summer tour;

2. Take a few months off in late 2016/early 2017. It is at this point that they start looking at what to do about a new album.

3. Spring/summer 2017, European/Asian/South American tours. Work on new music during tour and on small breaks during tour. Small chance of a new song or two played during tour.

4. Late 2017/early 2018, work on new music.

5. At some point in 2018, release new album.

6. Leading up to release/following release of new album, full world tour.

That is somewhat my dream, but also realistic timeline wise scenario. Since touring is where you make your money, it is also realistic to think that they will do a full world tour before releasing anything so that they can do another full world tour after they release new material.

With all of that said, i could also see the US tour being the end of it, and after that Axl just releases what was recorded for CDII and calling it a career without bothering to tour under the album and just rely on the left over buzz from the summer tour to sell the album.

before the last 3 shows... id have agreed with you.

After what i have seen since.... Axl has so much left in the tank, and i dont see this ending at the end of August.
bombom
Headliner

« Reply #85 on: April 12, 2016, 06:29:57 PM »

You guys think Axl would call it quits?  He loves touring!  If Duff and Slash are digging it too and theres no drama, why knock it on the head?  they will make some serious bank on this reunion for a good 18-24 months.

Also, I cant see much of a hiatus between the end of the US run either.  I think they will try and do Oz, NZ, Japan and some S. American dates between September and March 2017, then head to Europe for April/May, tour with some festivals thrown in. 

I can see this, barring a couple of weeks here and there, being a full on tour until September 2017 at the earliest and then I wouldnt rule out going back through the US on the "way home" either

The Devil Hates a Loser!

25/7/2006 - Birmingham
9/6/2006 - Dublin
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #86 on: April 12, 2016, 06:37:47 PM »

In all honesty?

I wouldn't be surprised if this was the band's last big run.

I could see another album, or a box set, after all is said and done. Maybe another live album, and a greatest hits actually endorsed by the band. I could even see a double album - half CD II and half newer stuff. I think Slash has less of a problem playing on material written by others than most think. It's more a business decision at this point.

However, the reality is that this band has always taken it's precious time when it comes to songwriting, and they're not getting any younger. I see this as a last hurrah, but I hope I'm wrong.
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #87 on: April 12, 2016, 07:16:19 PM »

You guys think Axl would call it quits?  He loves touring!  If Duff and Slash are digging it too and theres no drama, why knock it on the head?  they will make some serious bank on this reunion for a good 18-24 months.

Also, I cant see much of a hiatus between the end of the US run either.  I think they will try and do Oz, NZ, Japan and some S. American dates between September and March 2017, then head to Europe for April/May, tour with some festivals thrown in. 

I can see this, barring a couple of weeks here and there, being a full on tour until September 2017 at the earliest and then I wouldnt rule out going back through the US on the "way home" either

He should like touring. He didn't play 1 single show from August of 1994 - December 30th 2000. Which is a solid 6 years and change from touring. Then 0 shows from December 6th 2002 - May 11th 2006, which is another 3.5 years off. Then July 22nd 2007 - December 10th 2009, which is an additional 2 years and 4 months.

So to add it all up, since the end of the UYI tour (and they did deserve a lengthy break for sure) Axl Rose and Guns N' Roses have been inactice from touring in long chunks a grand total of....

12 years and a couple months I think. That's a lot of inactivity in a span of 21 years (1993-2014...) I don't count 2015 as it was a major transitional year with the regrouping.

So when you think about it in this way, and I'm not trying to bash Axl or bitch... I'm just saying I'm really enjoying this tour coming up...

So when you think about it 12 years and 2 months out of 21 years of zilch (those are long stretches of nothing) that's a lot. So this is such a great thing with him touring.

I hope he likes touring, there's been enough inactivity for him to love it. Just saying.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #88 on: April 12, 2016, 08:09:14 PM »

I see this as a last hurrah, but I hope I'm wrong.

A GN'R rep was quoted saying "This is not the end, this is just the beginning".

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
SkeletorSerpent
Rocker

« Reply #89 on: April 12, 2016, 08:53:47 PM »

In all honesty?

I wouldn't be surprised if this was the band's last big run.

I could see another album, or a box set, after all is said and done. Maybe another live album, and a greatest hits actually endorsed by the band. I could even see a double album - half CD II and half newer stuff. I think Slash has less of a problem playing on material written by others than most think. It's more a business decision at this point.

However, the reality is that this band has always taken it's precious time when it comes to songwriting, and they're not getting any younger. I see this as a last hurrah, but I hope I'm wrong.

Axl is only 54-- some of Ozzy's, Lemmy's, Mick Jagger's best work was produced after their mid-fifties. Good rockers can go strong and be relevant until their early 70s-- that means Axl and GNR have another good 20 years left in them! That's another 20 years of releasing rock gems and filling up stadiums.
I have a feeling that they are all still "hungry" artist who want to produce music AND sell out stadiums and bring in a shit load of cash. I feel that they are looking for vindication and want to "make up" for all the "lost years."

I think we are in for some big surprises . . . . get ready mother fuckers!!! GNR are the greatest fucking rock band to ever walk this earth and they are going to kick the shit out of modern rock radio!
Not a nostalgia act. These mother fuckers are hungry again. Look at Axl chained down to Grohl's chair. He could barely be contained. This crazy mother fucker is ready to conquer the world!
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #90 on: April 12, 2016, 09:36:56 PM »

I agree. I think they will take this tour as far it can go, and Fall 2017 would be an ideal North American arena tour time.

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #91 on: April 13, 2016, 02:32:31 AM »

I think the biggest question is how long can they keep touring without new material. Of course there is a lot of buzz at the moment, but it won't last forever.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #92 on: April 13, 2016, 06:14:52 AM »

I think the biggest question is how long can they keep touring without new material. Of course there is a lot of buzz at the moment, but it won't last forever.

Nothin' lasts forever... Even that rain there. I think this can go on without a new song but it doesn't mean we don't want one.

Some of non-fan friends are already asking how is it but nobody's really asking about new songs.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #93 on: April 13, 2016, 09:29:10 AM »

fair is fair....I just want some new Gnr music and would love to hear Slash and Axl killing it again on tape by any means necessary.  beer

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #94 on: April 13, 2016, 09:32:15 AM »

fair is fair....I just want some new Gnr music and would love to hear Slash and Axl killing it again on tape by any means necessary.  beer

Amen.

They bring out the best in each other... musically.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #95 on: April 13, 2016, 09:39:40 AM »

I see this as a last hurrah, but I hope I'm wrong.

A GN'R rep was quoted saying "This is not the end, this is just the beginning".

I Wonder what will happen in May?.. Im sure this is just the beginning... like "someone" said. Will they be planning the release of New material in May?
Didnt Richard talk about a 2016 release last year? There could have been lots of work on a New album the last year.. even With Slash and Duff... who knows....

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #96 on: April 13, 2016, 09:41:12 AM »

I am thinking May is big time prep for the stadium run....

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #97 on: April 13, 2016, 09:43:00 AM »

Definitely... plus I am sure Axl will be doing whatever he needs to do to get his foot 100 percent healed, so that once they hit Detroit... he is ready to run around.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #98 on: April 13, 2016, 09:45:11 AM »

Yeah.. agree...

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #99 on: April 13, 2016, 09:56:04 AM »

This must be one of the best posts in a long time here !

Quick remark on the date(s) you mention :  Izzy didn't quit on 22/8, he quit between Mannheim and Wembley.  Mannheim was on the 24th, and Izzy played his last show at Wembley a week later on the 31st.  It was announced publicly in November, but it was all over by the start of September...

Really?  This was crucial, as you see it??

It wasn't November, but it was...the end of August!! <dun, dun, duuuuuunnnnnnnnnnn>

GAME : CHANGED

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: