Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 04:38:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228126 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  From Las Vegas to summer tour to....what's next?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: From Las Vegas to summer tour to....what's next?  (Read 21780 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2016, 03:06:54 PM »

I doubt a lot of you are hip hop fans, and I'm not either.  But I am a huge, huge Dr. Dre fan.

And that needs to be our model.

He fucked around for YEARS, I mean over a decade, on 'Detox'.  Was never happy with it.  Never came out.

Then, when the 'Straight Outta Compton' movie was coming out last year, he got inspired.  Scrapped everything from the 'Detox' sessions and put together 16 new songs and got them done in a few months.  Dropped the album out of nowhere.  And it's solid.

That's what we need.  Axl to sort of forget about all the baggage that comes with the CD material in his magical mystery vault, and bang out something new and fresh with this line-up.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2016, 03:09:33 PM »

Most realistic option for a new album: songs from the ChiDem era + a bunch of new songs.

IDEM

Cool

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Factory Girl
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2016, 04:03:46 PM »

If they plan on releasing new material, they must have figured out their creative differences in some way.

The big songs are Axl's songs. Slash and Duff were never very into it. Keybords, electronic stuff, synthesizers, big arrangements...not their cup of tea, they've always wanted to keep it simple and were very vocal about it.

I think Melissa is with them because they're playing CD songs, I don't see Slash and Duff recording new material in a band with that arrangement. Do you? And also she seems to have too many interests to be a full time member in a band. Axl is probably more inclined to go back and do something more raw in my opinion.

Maybe by starting from scratch they could find a new direction so everyone is happy.
MJ23
VIP

KING OF AUDIO

« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2016, 04:18:41 PM »

I think we are making a mistake by thinking in old structures.

Talking about creativity doesn't mean that all guys are stuck in the 90s. They have evolved. Duff and Slash working in VR maybe opened up their mind. Realizing that a lot of fans (based on the youtube videos) are singing the CD-era songs too maybe changed their attitude towards that GnR-period too. Who knows?! Maybe Axl realized that no matter how good some post 1996 members were the Hell-Tour guys are the ones that understand each other the best and manage to get the last percent of creativity needed to push the GnR-ship through the waters.
I think if the hunger for new songs is managed to be brought to the surface of the guys then we can anticipate something huge to happen. Richard and Frank are somehow the fresh blood brought into that relationship, both of them being a part of the GnR-rollercoaster for a long time and thus knowing what is needed.

If nothing happens after the tour? Ok at least we are all having a good time. It would be a shame to let this great time pass without anything new, but we are only in the early stages of the revival in the GnR brand.
I'll lean back now, put on some youtube clips again and enjoy the time being a proud fan of the best band of the world.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2016, 04:26:55 PM »

It probably will come down to how much time they are spending together not onstage.

I was happy as hell to hear Axl was at sound checks and rehearsals.  That was some of the most welcome news ever.

So unlike the UYI days, where Axl would blow in late, play the show, then leave...maybe there is a more social atmosphere this time around.  And that might lead to something new.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jc_seven
Opening Act

« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2016, 04:29:45 PM »

Not sure how things change, but I remember hearing that Slash and the Conspirators were supposed to record this May. 
MJ23
VIP

KING OF AUDIO

« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2016, 04:31:24 PM »

Maybe it's because this time the weight of success isn't only on Axl's shoulders.
It's not seen as Axl and some guys performing under the GnR name.
I can only imagine how frustrating it might have been trying to give 100% and still be blamed by the media and who knows by whom else.
We have to give him credit for sticking to his own rules all the years.
David Hasselhoff would have given one interview per second Cheesy
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2016, 04:33:07 PM »

Most realistic option for a new album: songs from the ChiDem era + a bunch of new songs.

I don't think so.

They shouldn't use stuff that's already been written and add Slash and Duff to it. They should just put out what is already finished. Then start fresh.

It would be too tainted I think. That is the Nu Gn'R guys' music, let them have that day with it. If songs aren't completed and are still in the demo stage, then sure... rewrite some things I guess.

I'll take whatever I can get honestly. 1 album in 17 years has been rough.

For now, I'll enjoy the tour and wahtever I can get.

Awesome times.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2016, 06:21:56 PM »

I doubt a lot of you are hip hop fans, and I'm not either.  But I am a huge, huge Dr. Dre fan.

And that needs to be our model.

He fucked around for YEARS, I mean over a decade, on 'Detox'.  Was never happy with it.  Never came out.

Then, when the 'Straight Outta Compton' movie was coming out last year, he got inspired.  Scrapped everything from the 'Detox' sessions and put together 16 new songs and got them done in a few months.  Dropped the album out of nowhere.  And it's solid.

That's what we need.  Axl to sort of forget about all the baggage that comes with the CD material in his magical mystery vault, and bang out something new and fresh with this line-up.

whos writing it though? Axl on his own? Hmm.... Izzy helping? That seems a stretch....

No doubt slash can get the music written to anything Axl may come up with... but It would seem Axl doing it on his own at this point might be a stretch??? Thats not a shot at Axl... just my op.

But in general.. i agree... forget CD2... forget the vault..... get together with fresh ideas.... its the cleanest way possible IMO.

Sosso
VIP

Your Pong is no match for my Ping!

« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2016, 06:26:52 PM »

I don't think so.

They shouldn't use stuff that's already been written and add Slash and Duff to it. They should just put out what is already finished. Then start fresh.

It would be too tainted I think. That is the Nu Gn'R guys' music, let them have that day with it. If songs aren't completed and are still in the demo stage, then sure... rewrite some things I guess.

Awesome times.

It doesn't matter when a song was written. Don't Cry, Back off Bitch and November Rain were written years before UYI was realeased for example.

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2016, 06:28:38 PM »

It probably will come down to how much time they are spending together not onstage.

I was happy as hell to hear Axl was at sound checks and rehearsals.  That was some of the most welcome news ever.

So unlike the UYI days, where Axl would blow in late, play the show, then leave...maybe there is a more social atmosphere this time around.  And that might lead to something new.

I was ecstatic at this as well...

Im inclined to think this healing of the friendships was more than a year.... and that A LOT would have been conceded on boith sides of the fence. Lets be honest here.. we had drug addicts, alcoholics and god knows what else at play back during the UYI time.... there is none of that anymore... they are all a lot more professional than that period. I think they also realise what they have missed out on. I dont believe this line up is about to combust anytime soon as the media will have you believe.

sky dog
Legend

« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2016, 06:44:32 PM »

fresh ideas may not happen....sorry...it may go back to the same place they left off. There are no guarantees there as evidenced by Stinson and Westerberg's attempt to write a new album. They had a fun tour, rekindled their friendship, then went in to the studio and the magic wasn't there. Playing songs you can play in your sleep doesn't mean you can write something new and fresh.

Axl has a ton of lyrics and melodies written that I am sure he doesn't want to scrap. Slash likely has tons of riffs and ideas as well.

I think our best bet for new music in the near future is taking Axl's melodies and lyrics, strip away the guitars and let Slash have a go. November Rain and Estranged worked out pretty well last time I checked. That's my story and I am sticking to it!  hihi

« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 06:46:43 PM by sky dog » Logged

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2016, 06:48:26 PM »

and, I am willing to bet, the next song released by Gnr will be a CD era song redone by the current band.

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
Thorned Rose
Legend

« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2016, 06:58:31 PM »

I don't think so.

Awesome times.

It doesn't matter when a song was written. Don't Cry, Back off Bitch and November Rain were written years before UYI was realeased for example.

You are missing my point completely man. Those songs were written with other guitarists and Stinson. It was with other people. Little different.

Don't Cry, The Garden, YCBM, November Rain etc... were with the same people besides Adler when they did them finally.

This is different.

But don't damn me
Thorned Rose
Legend

« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2016, 07:02:49 PM »

and, I am willing to bet, the next song released by Gnr will be a CD era song redone by the current band.

Yeah it will probably be, and that is cool. I just don't want a whole album rehashed with Duff and Slash... leave that album alone and put it out as it was left.

Like I've said. I'll take anything though I guess. Not going to be too picky when it comes down to it.

But don't damn me
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2016, 07:05:24 PM »

I don't think so.

Awesome times.

You are missing my point completely man. Those songs were written with other guitarists and Stinson. It was with other people. Little different.

Don't Cry, The Garden, YCBM, November Rain etc... were with the same people besides Adler when they did them finally.

This is different.

Exactly.... it would be a major mess trying to sift through that if they re-work CD2 songs...

Obviously this is a prefrerred option for CD fans, so they will push that agenda... and thats cool.

I'd just prefer something fresh, from scratch with the current line up putting their heads together.

Either way... i still dont see them heading back to the studio after this tour, i see them hitting europe... and possibly Australasia after this tour is done to capatalise on the current success. Then maybe if all goes well.. we might get something one way or the other.

Regibold
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2016, 07:25:14 PM »

Well....Axl DID patent or copyright the term 'Stay Of Execution' for a reason, so we'll see what happens. It's anyone's guess.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2016, 07:56:43 PM »

Well....Axl DID patent or copyright the term 'Stay Of Execution' for a reason, so we'll see what happens. It's anyone's guess.

A Statement of Use was never filed for the term, so the application is classified as 'abandoned'.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2016, 09:47:58 PM »

Hopefully not Atlas Shrugged. That would make MSL too happy. hihi

This is different.
Richard, Dizzy and Axl wrote songs and are still in the band. You're also missing the point.

Regibold
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2016, 11:08:44 PM »

A Statement of Use was never filed for the term, so the application is classified as 'abandoned'.

Oh didn't know the status on it since hearing about it....sounds like it'd be a cool title for something though.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: