Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 08:05:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  From Las Vegas to summer tour to....what's next?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: From Las Vegas to summer tour to....what's next?  (Read 21684 times)
FreddieJames
Rocker

« on: April 11, 2016, 10:12:28 AM »

From amazing live shows in Las Vegas, to a new tour to......new music?

I can't help but getting extremely psyched up for new music. It's very obvious that musically this band is now better than they ever were. Axl's vocals are on point, Slash's guitar playing is way better than when they last recorded, as is Duff's playing (and vocals too might I say). Richard's playing and sound matches -at least to me- Slash very well (way better than I expected). And contrary to many on here: I like Frank's drumming more than I do Matt's (I like the speed of the current performances). And the energy they showcased this weekend is amazing, there's such a punch to what they're doing right now.

Their energy together seems very vibrant, which makes it impossible to not ask the following question: will they record new music?

Everything seems in the right place for that, and these performances definitely make it seem like it's not a nostalgia tour: it's just a warm up. What do you guys think: any realistic prospects regarding new music with this line-up?

Don't need your religion,
Don't watch that much T.V.,
Just making my living baby,
And that's enough for me.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2016, 10:22:15 AM »

yes....the fact that Slash agreed to play 3 CD songs is a good indicator that he would be willing and open to reworking stuff in Axl/Gnr's vault. Just my 2.

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2016, 10:38:20 AM »

yes....the fact that Slash agreed to play 3 CD songs is a good indicator that he would be willing and open to reworking stuff in Axl/Gnr's vault. Just my 2.

I agree.

Slash will only take those songs to new heights... as he did with the songs they played from CD this weekend.

Those songs stripped down a little bit with the Slash/Richard combo are fucking killer.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2016, 10:47:05 AM »

yep....Slash was on fire with everything...can't imagine being there.  drool

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2016, 10:57:30 AM »

Hopefully new music, that would be killer!

I'm guessing the immediate plan is to continue the tour after this stadium run in the US. South America, Asia/Australia and then Europe next summer probably.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2016, 11:07:04 AM »

I still think tweaking stuff Axl already has is more realistic than a new album from scratch.

I have to think they are going to tour much of next year too.  They are going to hit the other world markets.

Its just going to depend if they are sick of each other by then or still digging it.  I watched all the videos as you all have and I am very encouraged by the overall vibe and demeanor onstage.  Just have to hope that keeps up.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2016, 11:10:52 AM »

It makes sense to tour the world now, a tour with the regrouping being used as the main promotional force.

Then, release new music to have a platform to repeat the world tour.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
FreddieJames
Rocker

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2016, 11:15:55 AM »

It makes sense to tour the world now, a tour with the regrouping being used as the main promotional force.

Then, release new music to have a platform to repeat the world tour.

Yes, but hopefully one or two new tracks before they hit the other continents. Just like VR did with Set Me Free....I think it'll even help sell tickets

Ringoturtle
Headliner

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2016, 11:30:25 AM »

Transform the Betterintro into a song! the very beginning sounded like a good compromise between heavy riff and synthesized sound.

All my statements represent MY OPINION. If not, I'll say so by posting references or the like
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2016, 11:48:35 AM »

I still think tweaking stuff Axl already has is more realistic than a new album from scratch.

I have to think they are going to tour much of next year too.  They are going to hit the other world markets.

Its just going to depend if they are sick of each other by then or still digging it.  I watched all the videos as you all have and I am very encouraged by the overall vibe and demeanor onstage.  Just have to hope that keeps up.

After being there Saturday, and seeing Slash vastly IMPROVE the live sound of Better and TIL...The prospect of him getting his hands on CD2 should be abso-fucking-lutely celebrated.  ok
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2016, 12:25:14 PM »

no doubt....write some new stuff...pick out some stuff from the vault that Slash and Duff dig and go with it.

Unfortunately, the most likely scenario this year would be a "best of" compilation with a couple new tracks on it.

Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2016, 12:39:19 PM »

Yeah it's cool if ANY new music comes out of this. I would love that.

I personally would like them to writer something from scratch, or go back to some of the 1994-1996 stuff that was worked on. I think there's more there than we think.

I'm not all that excited for CD era stuff that was completed and gets reworked by Slash or anything from that era. I would take it obviously, but I personally want another UYI/VR type of sounding album.

Something to call their own.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
Thorned Rose
Legend

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2016, 12:46:22 PM »

To add to that, if there's a CD II that is already done, just release that now, separately. People would buy it up with the buzz. Then work on something fresh.

Would love to hear what else they worked on in those 17+ years as a band ya know...

But don't damn me
Factory Girl
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2016, 01:59:44 PM »

I don't know. Do you think Slash and Duff would be willing to just rework stuff Axl wrote with the others guys? Especially if it's similar to CD, they could never agree on that creative direction.

And even if they still have the late 90's material they wrote together, do they still like it? Or did they ever like it? It was a LONG time ago and they did not seem to agree on that either.

I have no idea, I'm just wondering and asking what you think. They really seem to be enjoying playing together again, but releasing new material is a completely different kind of monster. I would love to see that, but if I had my way, they would start writing from scratch. New, fresh, 2016 GNR, no reworking.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2016, 02:02:05 PM »

If Axl apparent happiness is any indication, I think the band is pushing him towards creativity. Also, it seems that things are going way more smoothly this time with all the promotion and hype and that may reflect in new material that could be easier to release.

Sosso
VIP

Your Pong is no match for my Ping!

« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2016, 02:02:47 PM »

I don't know. Do you think Slash and Duff would be willing to just rework stuff Axl wrote with the others guys? Especially if it's similar to CD, they could never agree on that creative direction..

I don't think that  there is difference compared to songs like November Rain. The really interesting question is if they can come with songs mainly written by themself.

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
jc_seven
Opening Act

« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2016, 02:11:20 PM »

I don't know. Do you think Slash and Duff would be willing to just rework stuff Axl wrote with the others guys? Especially if it's similar to CD, they could never agree on that creative direction.

And even if they still have the late 90's material they wrote together, do they still like it? Or did they ever like it? It was a LONG time ago and they did not seem to agree on that either.

I have no idea, I'm just wondering and asking what you think. They really seem to be enjoying playing together again, but releasing new material is a completely different kind of monster. I would love to see that, but if I had my way, they would start writing from scratch. New, fresh, 2016 GNR, no reworking.

I agree with this. So much has gone on that it would be nice for this to spur some new creativity with this band now. Maybe bring in Izzy for some songwriting. But get Axl, Slash, Duff, Fortus, Frank, and even Melissa and let's get some new wheels rolling.
FreddieJames
Rocker

« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2016, 02:14:46 PM »

I agree with this. So much has gone on that it would be nice for this to spur some new creativity with this band now. Maybe bring in Izzy for some songwriting. But get Axl, Slash, Duff, Fortus, Frank, and even Melissa and let's get some new wheels rolling.

I definitely agree with that. The energy this line up has surprises me on many levels. Would be very interesting to see what would happen if they start from scratch, almost like a 'new' band.

But like what was said before, November Rain was an Axl song so that obviously works too.

Thorned Rose
Legend

« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2016, 02:51:14 PM »

Yeah I would like Izzy to be involved in an album. I don't see why not?

He clearly doesn't like the big tours and has made more than enough  money to live forever on.

Izzy wrote or co-wrote most of Gn'R's best songs.

But don't damn me
Sosso
VIP

Your Pong is no match for my Ping!

« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2016, 02:55:53 PM »

Most realistic option for a new album: songs from the ChiDem era + a bunch of new songs.

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: