Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 18, 2024, 09:42:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228077 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Coachella streaming?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Coachella streaming?  (Read 28466 times)
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #60 on: April 15, 2016, 07:46:06 PM »

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/la-et-ms-coachella-2016-l-who-needs-the-outside-world-the-coachella-livestr-1460761764-htmlstory.html

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #61 on: April 15, 2016, 07:52:35 PM »

I got an email from Sirius yesterday about their Coachella coverage. They had a program schedule for the weekend but Guns was listed for no specific time on Sunday. So I'm not sure if that means they'll be playing their performance from Saturday night the following day. They also mentioned they'd be featuring music from Coachella artists all weekend, so it could also mean they'll just be playing studio tracks. But why wait until Sunday for that? Anybody have that figured out? I'll look more into it when I get home later today. I can record through my radio, so that would be nice to have.

They don't play full sets, typically.  Sirius will play select songs from the set..usually 2 or 3 from the bigger acts.  And usually not "in a row" but as part of the song rotation on the channel.  That's what they've done in years past, anyway.
It looks like Sirius is doing the same this year, so no live stream there either. Sort of a bummer, looking at the stream on the Coachella website right now it's great quality. Too bad some guy I don't care about is playing. Would be awesome to see Guns like that. Looks like we're out of luck though.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #62 on: April 15, 2016, 08:03:50 PM »

On the YouTube page, it doesn't say GN'R at 1240am, it says "Special Performance".

Wonder what they mean by that?

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #63 on: April 15, 2016, 08:58:06 PM »

That means they don't know themselves as the lawyers are yet to make a decision. It's just sad how business is but it is what it is.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #64 on: April 15, 2016, 09:02:21 PM »

That means they don't know themselves as the lawyers are yet to make a decision. It's just sad how business is but it is what it is.

What do you mean? The official streaming site already lists GNR in that time slot.

They are scheduled to stream between 1240 and 1255.

Sweetness is a virtue
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #65 on: April 15, 2016, 09:12:42 PM »

Just so there's no confusion to what I'm talking about, there's two official sources for the streams.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/coachella     (This one lists "Special Performance" @ 1240 on Channel 1)

Coachella Webcast: http://live.coachella.com     (This one lists Guns N' Roses @ 1240 on Channel 1)

I was just wondering why they didn't put GN'R instead of "Special Performance" on the YouTube site.

EDIT: Too bad they're not scheduled to stream the whole performance, by what I've seen so far the streaming quality is just excellent.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 09:27:35 PM by Spirit » Logged

Sweetness is a virtue
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #66 on: April 15, 2016, 09:31:17 PM »

Just so there's no confusion to what I'm talking about, there's two official sources for the streams.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/coachella     (This one lists "Special Performance" @ 1240 on Channel 1)

Coachella Webcast: http://live.coachella.com     (This one lists Guns N' Roses @ 1240 on Channel 1)

I was just wondering why they didn't put GN'R instead of "Special Performance" on the YouTube site.

EDIT: Too bad they're not scheduled to stream the whole performance, by what I've seen so far the streaming quality is just excellent.

That is a shame, I'm sure somebody will stream some periscope links, no?

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #67 on: April 15, 2016, 09:47:29 PM »

What do you mean? The official streaming site already lists GNR in that time slot.

A little bit of confusion here. What I'm trying to figure out is whether it is worth to set that alarm clock somewhere in Europe in the early morning.

Apparently we don't want to do that officially but there's Periscope of course.

I mean no alarm clock unless it's a full gig. No point in waking up for some song or two.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 09:56:14 PM by Lord Stan » Logged
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #68 on: April 15, 2016, 09:58:46 PM »

A little bit of confusion here. What I'm trying to figure out is whether it is worth to set that alarm clock somewhere in Europe in the early morning.

Apparently we don't want to do that officially but there's Periscope of course.

Going by the streaming schedule Coachella has put out, GN'R won't be streamed live.

There will be a streaming window for GN'R at 00:40 - 00:55 local time.

That would be 09:40 - 09:55 CEST on Sunday.

The GN'R set is scheduled to start at 07:30 CEST on Sunday (most likely we'll have to rely on Periscope for this one).

Sweetness is a virtue
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #69 on: April 15, 2016, 10:21:08 PM »

I hope it isn't the bad that said no to the whole show being webcast. It would be a great promotion for the stadium tour.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #70 on: April 15, 2016, 10:34:36 PM »

I hope it isn't the bad that said no to the whole show being webcast. It would be a great promotion for the stadium tour.

Maybe they figured a 3-song teaser would be the promo needed. Not giving away the whole performance, pro-shot that is.

It sucks for us, I'm totally on board with that.

Sweetness is a virtue
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #71 on: April 15, 2016, 10:56:33 PM »

Yeah, the quality is great. Up to 1080p 60fps. It is such a bummer to not have the whole GNR set. Sad

italysfinest1985
Rocker

Riding on the night train...

« Reply #72 on: April 15, 2016, 11:11:03 PM »

I'm on the East Coast, what link do I go to and what time EST to see Guns perform? Coachella baby!

Guns N Roses Custom Reunion Trailer (Axl & Slash)
https://youtu.be/7NdNrNslYkU
adydas78
Headliner

« Reply #73 on: April 15, 2016, 11:17:44 PM »

Anyone has any idea of a software that would let me record the stream? I want to record this, if you know how, let me know, I'll do it and share the video with your all.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #74 on: April 15, 2016, 11:28:16 PM »

I'm on the East Coast, what link do I go to and what time EST to see Guns perform? Coachella baby!

If you look at the schedule on the Coachella Webcast: http://live.coachella.com

The times there should be adjusted to your local time.

Sweetness is a virtue
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #75 on: April 15, 2016, 11:54:05 PM »

Anyone has any idea of a software that would let me record the stream? I want to record this, if you know how, let me know, I'll do it and share the video with your all.

Believe me, it's harder than you think while it should be straightforward with some software. It's not. Doable yes, easy not.

Hopefully someone is on this already.

The stream works perfectly but very weird music and how on earth I could know who's playing. Never heard these before.
jc_seven
Opening Act

« Reply #76 on: April 16, 2016, 12:03:52 AM »

Well, according to the livestream schedule, the band I am watching now, the Kills, should have been off the stage 25 minutes ago.  Not sure how strict that schedule is.  I guess I am just being hopeful.
slash&axl
Rocker

« Reply #77 on: April 16, 2016, 12:32:02 AM »

gnr couldn't make the money out of it anyway: axl has  a broken leg and sits down, would you really buy something like a a dvd? Cmon... hihi hihi

I'd buy it in a heartbeat!!!  Grin

absolutely.  If they made a dvd from Vegas I would pay anything they asked for it.  Axl's leg had no impact on the show at all.  I was right in front of the stage and kept forgetting Axl even had a broken foot.

A live album taken from both nights would be ideal
Bazfreak
VIP

Wololoo

« Reply #78 on: April 16, 2016, 12:36:45 AM »

My bet is that they will play edited segments for promotion purposes...these hours after the show will give them time to choose maybe the best songs or produce a videoclip with several song fragments.

14/apr/2010 @Apoteose Rio | 02/oct/2011 @Rock in Rio 2011 | 20/mar/2014 @HSBC Arena Rio | 12/nov/2016 @Alllianz Park S?o Paulo | 15/nov/2016 @Est?dio Engenh?o Rio | 23/sep/2017 @ Rock in Rio 2017
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #79 on: April 16, 2016, 12:53:01 AM »

My bet is that they will play edited segments for promotion purposes...these hours after the show will give them time to choose maybe the best songs or produce a videoclip with several song fragments.

By "them" I assume you mean the streaming producers?

Presumably GN'R is still on stage and at the end of their set when the 15 min stream is starting.

Sweetness is a virtue
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: