Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 18, 2024, 09:43:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228077 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Coachella streaming?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Coachella streaming?  (Read 28466 times)
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« on: April 11, 2016, 07:35:25 AM »

Has anyone heard anything regarding this, one way or another?

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Soori
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2016, 07:44:17 AM »

Nothing yet. But I hope we do have something. It will break the internet ofcourse  peace peace hihi hihi ok ok
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2016, 08:28:43 AM »

This has been such an amazing weekend, so do we even care about Coachella now?

Apparently, it's some hippie arts festival. I must admit this year was the first time I have even heard of that. I'm a European so give me a break for not knowing all the festivals in the world. But I don't think that's a very good place to make another appearance. The crowd will love this but too many 'other people'.

Then of course it was all settled before all this Nevada madness.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2016, 08:52:58 AM »

Of course we care.

Why would we NOT care about it, and the potential it may be streamed?!

What a ridiculous argument to have. 

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2016, 09:16:44 AM »

We do care.

And we know something, already posted on the Coachella thread:

Everybody now.... let's cross our fingers!  peace

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOwhkVpwKn4

And seems like Sirius could also have the audio broadcast:

Leading up to the festival, the limited-run channel will feature music by artists who will be performing at Coachella 2016, such as LCD Soundsytem, Ellie Goulding, Sufjan Stevens, Jack U, M83, Underwold, The Kills, Guns N? Roses, Ice Cube, Discolsure, Zedd, A$AP Rocky, CHVRCHES, Halsey, James Bay, Calvin Harris, Sia, Major Lazer, Flume, Beach House and many more.

Once the festival kicks off, we will provide continuous coverage of both weekends with live performances, artist interviews and reports from backstage and the festival grounds as well as exclusive Coachella news and happenings.

Source: http://blog.siriusxm.com/2016/03/30/coachella-valley-music-and-arts-festival-broadcasting-exclusively-on-siriusxm/

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2016, 09:18:26 AM »

Last year the streaming schedule was released the day before the first festival day.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
TVC15
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2016, 09:20:11 AM »

I don't believe it will happen. They have a big stadium tour coming up, and Coachella word-of-mouth (from attendees) will sell tickets. A stream may prevent some people from leaving their homes this summer. Also, last year's AC/DC performance wasn't streamed.

Of course, we have our tickets and would love to see this performance, and G N' R history tells us it will be streamed. Rock in Rio, Rock am Ring, etc.
Hypird
Headliner

Hanoi Rocks

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2016, 01:30:13 PM »

http://googlecanada.blogspot.fi/2016/04/cure-festival-fomo-and-watch-coachella.html
Cure Festival FOMO and watch Coachella Exclusively on YouTube - tune in to watch live April 15-17

Not everyone can make it to the California desert, but it doesn?t mean you have to have fear of missing out on Coachella. Powered by Samsung Canada, Canadian music fans can get closer to the music they love and catch performances from emerging artists to the biggest acts on Coachella?s YouTube Channel from April 15 to 17 on any screen where you watch YouTube.

You can further enhance your experience with several new features on Coachella?s YouTube Channel this year:

• You?ll have the freedom to choose from three live stream channels and a video-on-demand hub to see highlights and performance footage throughout the weekend.

• You can click on the interactive personalized schedule to customize your live viewing experience. The live stream channel will change automatically based on your schedule.

• The channel features an all-inclusive social feed and highlight posts to see images, moments, and discussions around the festival.
  • Enjoy a mobile-optimized experience at CoachellaLive.com.

Be sure to stay tuned in here to find out which artists will be in the live stream and subscribe to Coachella?s YouTube channel to watch the latest videos and even relive past performances.
Enjoy!
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 01:33:14 PM by Hypird » Logged

"Just because I don?t sleep
Doesn?t mean that I?ve stopped dreaming"
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2016, 08:45:24 AM »

We do care.

And we know something, already posted on the Coachella thread:

Everybody now.... let's cross our fingers!  peace

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOwhkVpwKn4

And seems like Sirius could also have the audio broadcast:

Leading up to the festival, the limited-run channel will feature music by artists who will be performing at Coachella 2016, such as LCD Soundsytem, Ellie Goulding, Sufjan Stevens, Jack U, M83, Underwold, The Kills, Guns N? Roses, Ice Cube, Discolsure, Zedd, A$AP Rocky, CHVRCHES, Halsey, James Bay, Calvin Harris, Sia, Major Lazer, Flume, Beach House and many more.

Once the festival kicks off, we will provide continuous coverage of both weekends with live performances, artist interviews and reports from backstage and the festival grounds as well as exclusive Coachella news and happenings.

Source: http://blog.siriusxm.com/2016/03/30/coachella-valley-music-and-arts-festival-broadcasting-exclusively-on-siriusxm/

So..on the Sirius thing:

In the past, they have NOT had live broadcasts.  What they do is play certain songs, by pretty much all the artists, from their live sets..but NOT while they are going on.  Usually the next day, or, at the very least, hours later.

That may change this year...I don't know.  But that's what they've done in the past.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Soori
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2016, 09:24:22 AM »

http://www.engadget.com/2016/04/11/coachella-2016-livestream-youtube/ <http://www.engadget.com/2016/04/11/coachella-2016-livestream-youtube/>

Shocked Shocked Shocked peace peace peace

Hope this is true and works!!!
Princess Leia
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2016, 01:24:22 AM »

Last year the streaming schedule was released the day before the first festival day.

Ok then lucky for us the day before is not far away. I guess there will be people doing periscoping regardeless
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2016, 01:56:48 PM »

Ok then lucky for us the day before is not far away. I guess there will be people doing periscoping regardeless

Should be out late tomorrow or very early thursday (the schedule).

MIGHT show up later today, but that would be unusual.

Together again,
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2016, 12:07:24 AM »

http://musicfeeds.com.au/news/youtube-will-live-stream-coachella-weekend/
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2016, 12:49:09 AM »

Still doesn't say who will be streamed.
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2016, 01:39:32 AM »

Looks like we won't know til tomorrow?

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2016, 06:30:56 AM »

Looks like we won't know til tomorrow?

Yeah, I don't see a schedule anywhere, yet.  Keep an eye on the coachellalive.com site, and the youtube channel.  GOTTA be up before 3:30 Pacific, 6:30 Eastern time..because they start at about 4 PM Pacific, 7 PM Eastern.

Together again,
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2016, 09:48:41 AM »

I got an email from Sirius yesterday about their Coachella coverage. They had a program schedule for the weekend but Guns was listed for no specific time on Sunday. So I'm not sure if that means they'll be playing their performance from Saturday night the following day. They also mentioned they'd be featuring music from Coachella artists all weekend, so it could also mean they'll just be playing studio tracks. But why wait until Sunday for that? Anybody have that figured out? I'll look more into it when I get home later today. I can record through my radio, so that would be nice to have.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2016, 10:10:06 AM »

I got an email from Sirius yesterday about their Coachella coverage. They had a program schedule for the weekend but Guns was listed for no specific time on Sunday. So I'm not sure if that means they'll be playing their performance from Saturday night the following day. They also mentioned they'd be featuring music from Coachella artists all weekend, so it could also mean they'll just be playing studio tracks. But why wait until Sunday for that? Anybody have that figured out? I'll look more into it when I get home later today. I can record through my radio, so that would be nice to have.

Well perhaps the times are eastern.  If Guns goes on at 1030 pm Pacific time.  It is Sunday on the east coast
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2016, 12:19:17 PM »

They don't play full sets, typically.  Sirius will play select songs from the set..usually 2 or 3 from the bigger acts.  And usually not "in a row" but as part of the song rotation on the channel.  That's what they've done in years past, anyway.

Together again,
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2016, 12:55:50 PM »

Here's the channels:

http://live.coachella.com

Apparently they're only streaming 15mins of GN'R.

Edited to add: They apparently had the full schedule up before, but took it down. Some think it's because it wasn't the correct one. Hopefully they correct it and will show more of GN'R's set.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 01:06:35 PM by Spirit » Logged

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: