Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 02:40:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Slash makes everything better.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 27 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash makes everything better.  (Read 110682 times)
Princess Leia
« Reply #400 on: May 14, 2016, 01:23:59 PM »

Jarmo challeging DX and Just An Urchin to a finnish martial arts combat. I can't wait to see that!

Finally something interesting is going on in this thread  ok
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #401 on: May 14, 2016, 01:50:15 PM »

You're the one arguing AFTER facts are pointed out to you.
Read what I said, and then respond after you understand it. Not when you think you understand or whatever.

The fact remains, GN'R didn't do a proper solo stadium tour of the USA. Sure, occasional shows on tour that were mostly in arenas or those sheds.

You're arguing about shit that's insignificant and you're fighting a losing battle against facts.... Have fun!

/jarmo

Now it?s a ?proper solo stadium tour.?  Keep moving that target, making it more undefinable.  I'd love to be the motions judge reading a fact-pleading of yours. 

The fact remains that the last time Gn?R headlined U.S. stadiums was before and after UYI were released.  They are now headlining U.S. stadiums a generation later.  That was the subject of my comments?it's high times again for Gn?R fans of all stripes?until you weighed in and baited argument.

I?ll be at both the Philly and Jersey shows this summer.  If you?re attending either show, let?s exchange info so that you can explain to me in person what the point of your argument is.

LOL! Not laughing with you, laughing AT you   hihi

« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 01:53:53 PM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #402 on: May 14, 2016, 03:19:40 PM »

Jarmo challeging DX and Just An Urchin to a finnish martial arts combat. I can't wait to see that!

As far as I know, I didn't challenge anybody to anything other than say I'm up for meeting fellow fans.
All the other shit's been dreamed up by whoever.... Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Princess Leia
« Reply #403 on: May 14, 2016, 03:41:28 PM »

As far as I know, I didn't challenge anybody to anything other than say I'm up for meeting fellow fans.
All the other shit's been dreamed up by whoever.... Smiley

/jarmo

Ah what a shame! I was so looking forward to the "Say That To My Face" finnish martial arts event  hihi
Sickthings3
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #404 on: May 17, 2016, 10:55:05 AM »

Did y'all see this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJDBJt8SQVk

The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #405 on: May 17, 2016, 11:36:25 AM »

I normally find American humour a bit weird, but that was funny...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #406 on: May 17, 2016, 11:48:40 AM »

Ah what a shame! I was so looking forward to the "Say That To My Face" finnish martial arts event  hihi

In his defense, I don't think he was specifically going for a physical threat with that line.  Though I do concede it could be seen that way.

All I know if that if they want to Thunderdome, it won't come at the expense of me and Jarmo sharing cheesesteaks.  Which, if you go by sports on TV, is all we ever eat in this town.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Princess Leia
« Reply #407 on: May 17, 2016, 01:53:22 PM »

I'm begining to think this thread should be move to the Dead Horse section. So people can say things in each other's face, have finnish martial arts combats, a light saber duel or just mud wrestling
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #408 on: June 25, 2016, 03:39:59 PM »

Bumping this thread because of this audio of This I Love:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8WwRPdQPZs

I can't state how much better Slash's solo sounds to me with this high quality recording... It's absolutely amazing.

Edited to add Chinese Democracy from the same source. You can hear Slash clearly on the right channel (also excellent Melissa and/or Dizzy keyboards):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SE4-IGmfrO8
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 03:54:03 PM by Voodoochild » Logged

HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #409 on: June 25, 2016, 04:42:26 PM »

I can't state how much better Slash's solo sounds to me with this high quality recording... It's absolutely amazing.

Edited to add Chinese Democracy from the same source. You can hear Slash clearly on the right channel (also excellent Melissa and/or Dizzy keyboards):

PoweRock !!!

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
gunsbetterthanever
Rocker

« Reply #410 on: June 26, 2016, 01:26:46 PM »

Another thing that proves slash makes everything better is that when axl's voice is not as on, it doesn't matter cause slash's presence takes pressure off Axl.  Before slash's return, when Axl was off, Dj didn't have the same presence as slash so for me, it affected the overall performance of the band.

....Hey Yeah.....Are ya Ready?
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #411 on: June 26, 2016, 02:59:42 PM »

Slash makes everything more popular and comercially viable, espescially for the nostalgics. Buckethead was imo better for a modern gnr... back then.

The world didnt demand bands like oldgnr, instead we got tame bands like coldplay and that gay retro-scheise.

02-band was tight, but they fell on their ass by 2004. Tommy has explained how the album&release got fuxored by the company, so ie, 'nugnr' ended during that fail 02-tour. 

So... the debate is very silly.

Slash joined modern gnr and it fucking works. He seem to have modernised his playing while staying true to classic rock, and  fortus has grown to be lika a virtuouso.

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Eduardo
VIP

Its just that demon life has got him in its sway

« Reply #412 on: June 26, 2016, 07:25:08 PM »

Yeah, when I first listened to it, I thought it was just a bunch of nonsense noodling. And I stated that on this thread.

But now, as I listen to it in this quality, I can see that it actually has a structure, and he mixes really well the "emotional" parts with the fast ones.

That being said, had Slash played on the CD studio version, I don't think that it would come out this way, I think it would be more mellow.

Anyway, I think it's great this way aswell
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #413 on: June 27, 2016, 04:57:34 AM »

i think one thing we can agree on is that high quality recordings make everything better.

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #414 on: June 27, 2016, 09:07:29 AM »

Yeah, when I first listened to it, I thought it was just a bunch of nonsense noodling. And I stated that on this thread.

But now, as I listen to it in this quality, I can see that it actually has a structure, and he mixes really well the "emotional" parts with the fast ones.

That being said, had Slash played on the CD studio version, I don't think that it would come out this way, I think it would be more mellow.

Anyway, I think it's great this way aswell
I still think that his approach - to just jam around a main theme - can't top the original solo. Still, I do think it's amazing when he hits the right notes with Axl on top.

i think one thing we can agree on is that high quality recordings make everything better.
Hahahaha that is true.

Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #415 on: August 23, 2016, 01:04:38 PM »

This coolness, this calmness and this amazing skill. I just realised I haven't thought about DJ the whole summer. I like him very much but now is now beer
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #416 on: August 24, 2016, 01:08:53 AM »

You know, I was and still am very critical about how Slash performs the ChiDem guitar solos.

As you may know, im a bootleg collector. I have downloaded everything that's available so far from this NITLT tour, and the first thing I do once the downloads are complete is to check the Chidem songs. Also attended two shows in the US.

IMHO, Slash makes everything better for this band except for the sound he provides. If you only focus in the music (not the image, not the money, not the fanbase, not the critical response, not the overall ''good vibes'' surrounding this tour and reunion), it's impossible to say this band sounds better or at least at the same level than any of the previous lineups. This may be irrelevant for 99% of the fans who are desperate to see Slash & Axl in the same stage no matter what, but you, Bruno, as the musician you are, can't tell me this lineup is sounding better than the past ones, and the main reason behind it is Slash's unhidable sloppiness. You can be sloppy in OTGM, but you CANT be sloppy in TWAT or TIL. You just cant. Do it well or don't do it. My opinion, at least.

I have myself shared the TIL version you just shared in my FB page. I did it because I also found it very nice, but I think that was a one good shot among a million missed. If you check the few TWAT versions, he just ruined them all severely. When the band plays ''Better'', when the solo comes the song gets lost in a tide of shaggy nonsense. In ''Sorry'', which can be considered the easiest task for Slash from all the ChiDem songs, he just manages to make a ''decent'' solo.

I have never been a DJ fan. In fact, I never liked him because I was comparing him to Robin and that was a fight he could never have won. But now, I have to say I miss him. DJ nailed all the ChiDem solos. When he needed to rebuild a solo, like TIL's case, he did it gracefully.

Needless to say that not having a natural shred-monster like BBF or Buckethead is a massive downgrade for the band *IF* this is a band that considers itself a band that looks to the future. If this band points to the direction of recreating the nineties and touring the world with ''greatest hits'' setlists, of course you dont need a BBF or a BH.

Im absolutely free of ''passion'' here: just talking about the sound. In all other facts, Slash makes everything better, i DO agree.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 01:11:07 AM by estebanf » Logged

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
McKenzie
Headliner

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

« Reply #417 on: August 24, 2016, 07:26:27 AM »

I agree that Slash's solos on Chinese Democracy songs are not as great as the original ones, although I like his solo on the title song better than Finck's version. But both Slash and Ashba are way less sloppy than Robin himself. IMHO, when playing live, he was sloppiness in person.

I do miss a technically super skilled guitarist on some songs, but I don't agree having one means evolution of the band's sound and not having one means avoiding new things. It should have a reason for not leaving Pitman's spot empty. Also, I can't see a guitar player agreeing on playing leads just for new songs, since Slash would never concede his leads on the classics.
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #418 on: August 24, 2016, 08:06:29 AM »

If you only focus in the music (not the image, not the money, not the fanbase, not the critical response, not the overall ''good vibes'' surrounding this tour and reunion), it's impossible to say this band sounds better or at least at the same level than any of the previous lineups.

I agree. I dont really care much about how many t shirts are they selling at the moment. I too think that musically the band has downgraded quite a lot from 2014.

They have one guitarist less than before, it makes a big difference on the chinese tracks. Yes Slash can be sloppy, putting Richards guitar low on the mix does not help. Smaller drum kit, ect.

They are still good, but not as good as they used to be imo.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
gunsbetterthanever
Rocker

« Reply #419 on: August 24, 2016, 08:14:42 AM »

If you only focus in the music (not the image, not the money, not the fanbase, not the critical response, not the overall ''good vibes'' surrounding this tour and reunion), it's impossible to say this band sounds better or at least at the same level than any of the previous lineups.

I agree. I dont really care much about how many t shirts are they selling at the moment. I too think that musically the band has downgraded quite a lot from 2014.

They have one guitarist less than before, it makes a big difference on the chinese tracks. Yes Slash can be sloppy, putting Richards guitar low on the mix does not help. Smaller drum kit, ect.

They are still good, but not as good as they used to be imo.

Disagree!  They sound way better to me.  DJ couldn't even play SCOM....  Nothing like slash....

The other band was a replacement band.  Should have been called Axl rose band!

....Hey Yeah.....Are ya Ready?
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 27 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: