Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 02:42:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Slash makes everything better.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 27 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash makes everything better.  (Read 110691 times)
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #380 on: May 11, 2016, 05:27:28 PM »

I Prefer Axl/Dc This Discussion Slash, Gnr, Axl, etc, etc,, Nothing Import

hihi
Axl-DC is a novelty flavour, you'll soon get over it,as nice as it is  Wink

Not,,, My Favorite Bands 4Ever Was AC/DC & GNR And NOW Together

smoking

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #381 on: May 11, 2016, 07:57:32 PM »

But when you start saying things like all line-ups are equal...or that you hope they play 6 CD songs one night this summer....come on.  That's transparent flame bait.

You can do the whole "That's my opinion.  Am I not allowed to have an opinion?  Is this Russia?" type routine, I suppose.  I just don't know who's buying that.

Read the room, would be my suggestion.  Everyone is super into this tour, the first chance many of us will have to see Axl & Slash together.  Even if there truly is a time to talk up your love of 'Rhiad & The Bedouins', or how Robin Finck was the best guitarist in band history....this?  This ain't that time.
I think it's pretty clear now how what kaasupoltin said is true. You just don't seem to get it.

Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #382 on: May 12, 2016, 12:37:52 AM »

I find it funny how people sign up for this board now and act like complete asses towards those who have enjoyed the band through all these years and might actually like some of the members who were in the band during those years.

Since you're trying to pull rank by age... I've been here longer than you my friend.

This isn't about who was in the band and who is in now. Stop trying to twist it around man. Most of us like the current lineup better than Nu Gn'R. We just do. Most people like Slash better than Robin or Buckethead at lead guitar. Most just do.

I don't even count Ashba. I think Thal was very very good. Robin is great. We just like Slash more. Most of us. Most of the world does. They just do.

Some things are true whether you want to believe them or not. Nu Gn'R is over... what is happening is cool.

Way too many Anti-Slash people here. It is very evident. Makes me sick actually. Oh well.

(For those that get all wound up over the term "Nu Gn'R" please grow up. It is just my simplified way of referencing a specific era in Gn'R history which was 1998-2014)

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #383 on: May 12, 2016, 12:43:21 AM »

Whoa, some just don't seem to get it.

I've been talking about Slash for many years on this board and I never got jumped on. But then again, I also showed respect for the then-current lineup. For some it'll always be "this vs. that" and nothing in between.

And with my previous comment I was talking about how people are directing their "insults" towards other members on this board just because they've been fans of the band even when Slash wasn't in it. It's just funny Cheesy

I think its totally dependent on the person in question.

It's fine if someone was a fan of the other line-ups.  Everyone that posts at this board was, at least on some level, right?

But when you start saying things like all line-ups are equal...or that you hope they play 6 CD songs one night this summer....come on.  That's transparent flame bait.

You can do the whole "That's my opinion.  Am I not allowed to have an opinion?  Is this Russia?" type routine, I suppose.  I just don't know who's buying that.

Read the room, would be my suggestion.  Everyone is super into this tour, the first chance many of us will have to see Axl & Slash together.  Even if there truly is a time to talk up your love of 'Rhiad & The Bedouins', or how Robin Finck was the best guitarist in band history....this?  This ain't that time.

Nope. This tour, this thing we have.. it is all about Axl and Slash together. End of story. Duff is great and a large piece of the puzzle and Fortus and Frank are great too, but Axl/Slash sell tickets.

They have cool names, they are iconic in look and style and... not to mention they were the next coming of Aerosmith/Stones/Zepplin until they flamed out.

They are the last true rock n roll duo that means anything. And is has been 20 long fucking years. The majority of people don't want a lot of CD songs. Because they just don't know them or want to hear them. The majority of people couldn't tell you about Robin or Bumble or anyone else in the band from 1998-2014. Most people couldn't tell you how many drummers they've had. etc etc

Then you get people here that try to rank Josh Freese or Fortus above Slash or Steven in importance in other threads.

Fucking crazy stuff. yeah it can be your opinion, but that doesn't mean it is one that has any validity or common sense to it.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #384 on: May 12, 2016, 01:54:34 AM »

I think it's pretty clear now how what kaasupoltin said is true. You just don't seem to get it.

Haha hihi Funny how you can make anything a fact these days.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #385 on: May 12, 2016, 03:57:29 AM »

yeah, hes good at that.

i think lots of people at the shows didnt know dtj or coma. probably didnt know some of
 the other songs either. are there actually any "slash haters" here? 

"nu gnr" is not over. slash and duff joined it and its still going. if it was over, chidem songs wouldnt be in the set. if it was over, cd 2 would be scrapped. i bet you it wont be. slash and duff will play on those songs. id bet money on it.

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
gunsbetterthanever
Rocker

« Reply #386 on: May 12, 2016, 09:05:04 AM »

yeah, hes good at that.

i think lots of people at the shows didnt know dtj or coma. probably didnt know some of
 the other songs either. are there actually any "slash haters" here? 

"nu gnr" is not over. slash and duff joined it and its still going. if it was over, chidem songs wouldnt be in the set. if it was over, cd 2 would be scrapped. i bet you it wont be. slash and duff will play on those songs. id bet money on it.

Where has this discussion gone?  LOL

Original GNR - Died the moment Adler was booted
After Original GNR - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Guns_N%27_Roses_band_members

Original, and then the 723 lineups after.

One Constant:  AXL ROSE -

Slash being in the band is so crucial to the popularity.  I am biased and see Slash as the greatest ever, at least in terms of persona.  I have tix to NJ show this summer and cannot imagine what it will be like when they actually come out.

I also now want to see Axl/DC, because to me it is the same as GNR without Slash and Duff doing AC/DC songs with Angus as a guest.

I LOVED the Bumble/Ashba/Fink/Buckethead times, because it was better than no GNR at all. 

But Slash's return has made everything better for me.  I am not saying it was bad before.

....Hey Yeah.....Are ya Ready?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #387 on: May 12, 2016, 09:45:25 AM »

Adler, original?

In all seriousness, let's not start with the "I don't understand the meaning of the word Original" or "That line up vs the rest" discussions again.
We've done it enough by now. Thanks! Smiley

/jarmo
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 09:47:54 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
gunsbetterthanever
Rocker

« Reply #388 on: May 12, 2016, 10:26:58 AM »

Sorry Jarmo.  Not the point I wanted to make.   I think everyone is obsessed with Axl now and Slash and AC/DC and Duff have a lot to do with it!
 It is a lot to take in.  Very surreal!

....Hey Yeah.....Are ya Ready?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #389 on: May 12, 2016, 10:28:38 AM »

I didn't mean you were doing that, just making sure no one gets that idea from your post....  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #390 on: May 13, 2016, 04:34:45 PM »

Adler, original?

In all seriousness, let's not start with the "I don't understand the meaning of the word Original" or "That line up vs the rest" discussions again.
We've done it enough by now. Thanks! Smiley

/jarmo

ajAJajJAJajJA,,, Amazing Sticker

hihi

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
JustanUrchin
Headliner

« Reply #391 on: May 13, 2016, 05:28:01 PM »

You're the one arguing AFTER facts are pointed out to you.
Read what I said, and then respond after you understand it. Not when you think you understand or whatever.

The fact remains, GN'R didn't do a proper solo stadium tour of the USA. Sure, occasional shows on tour that were mostly in arenas or those sheds.

You're arguing about shit that's insignificant and you're fighting a losing battle against facts.... Have fun!

/jarmo

Now it?s a ?proper solo stadium tour.?  Keep moving that target, making it more undefinable.  I'd love to be the motions judge reading a fact-pleading of yours. 

The fact remains that the last time Gn?R headlined U.S. stadiums was before and after UYI were released.  They are now headlining U.S. stadiums a generation later.  That was the subject of my comments?it's high times again for Gn?R fans of all stripes?until you weighed in and baited argument.

I?ll be at both the Philly and Jersey shows this summer.  If you?re attending either show, let?s exchange info so that you can explain to me in person what the point of your argument is.

8.30.88 Pocono Downs
6.11.91 Hershey
12.6.02 Philly riot
11.20.11 Mohegan Sun
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #392 on: May 13, 2016, 05:36:24 PM »

Now it’s a “proper solo stadium tour.”  Keep moving that target, making it more undefinable.  I'd love to be the motions judge reading a fact-pleading of yours. 

The fact remains that the last time Gn’R headlined U.S. stadiums was before and after UYI were released.  They are now headlining U.S. stadiums a generation later.  That was the subject of my comments—it's high times again for Gn’R fans of all stripes—until you weighed in and baited argument.

Ok, let me explain it to you.

A proper stadium tour = the majority of shows on said tour are in stadiums used for football or baseball.
1991 tour = amphitheaters, arenas and the occasional stadium (show that you attended).

Get it? That was my point.
I didn't say they never played stadiums in the USA. It's obvious for everyone else. Why not for you? How many different ways can I explain that to you? Please help...

I’ll be at both the Philly and Jersey shows this summer.  If you’re attending either show, let’s exchange info so that you can explain to me in person what the point of your argument is.

I love your idea that you can somehow scare me in person. What are you? 10?
What are you gonna do when I tell you your clutching at straws in person?

Please enlighten me.  ok

/jarmo

« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 05:44:17 PM by jarmo » Logged

D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #393 on: May 13, 2016, 06:42:08 PM »

I?ll be at the Philly show this summer.  If you?re attending, let?s exchange info so that you can explain to me in person what the point of your argument is.

Whoa, whoa, whoa.

Not if this argument is going to cut into quality DX & Jarmo time.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #394 on: May 14, 2016, 04:22:49 AM »

Now it?s a ?proper solo stadium tour.?  Keep moving that target, making it more undefinable.  I'd love to be the motions judge reading a fact-pleading of yours. 

The fact remains that the last time Gn?R headlined U.S. stadiums was before and after UYI were released.  They are now headlining U.S. stadiums a generation later.  That was the subject of my comments?it's high times again for Gn?R fans of all stripes?until you weighed in and baited argument.

Ok, let me explain it to you.

A proper stadium tour = the majority of shows on said tour are in stadiums used for football or baseball.
1991 tour = amphitheaters, arenas and the occasional stadium (show that you attended).

Get it? That was my point.
I didn't say they never played stadiums in the USA. It's obvious for everyone else. Why not for you? How many different ways can I explain that to you? Please help...

I?ll be at both the Philly and Jersey shows this summer.  If you?re attending either show, let?s exchange info so that you can explain to me in person what the point of your argument is.

I love your idea that you can somehow scare me in person. What are you? 10?
What are you gonna do when I tell you your clutching at straws in person?

Please enlighten me.  ok

/jarmo

careful, jarmo knows finnish martial arts. and axl will say "finnish him" over the p.a., just like in mortal kombat. that's actually where mortal kombat got that term from, finnish martial arts events.

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #395 on: May 14, 2016, 06:05:54 AM »

careful, jarmo knows finnish martial arts. and axl will say "finnish him" over the p.a., just like in mortal kombat. that's actually where mortal kombat got that term from, finnish martial arts events.

Hahahaha

That's great.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #396 on: May 14, 2016, 06:14:52 AM »

Don't worry, I'd love to meet both of you. Hopefully we can make it happen.  ok

In my book, when you go for the "I'd love for you to tell that to my face" routine, you've lost the argument. That's all.

/jarmo

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #397 on: May 14, 2016, 11:51:23 AM »

That was super weird.

Anyways...

It's funny because at first, you said the 2001-14 era had "half-empty arenas". And then you tried to shift focus when corrected - they had several sold-out arena gigs - and tried to imply the band had a US stadium tour in the 90s. Again, we pointed out it was only with Metallica - without the co-headliner, there was only SOME stadium dates.

Finally, you just ignored reason and the fact that they never had a stadium tour before the current one:

You mean other than all the stadiums Gn?R headlined in the U.S. in ?91 and ?92.
Or do you mean Gn?R wasn?t TOURing when it headlined U.S. stadiums in ?91 and ?92?
Cite a source, bro, of a single stadium tour by Gn'R after Slash and Duff quit. 

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #398 on: May 14, 2016, 12:03:42 PM »

I think he's confusing himself.

But tell that to his face. Wink

/jarmo

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #399 on: May 14, 2016, 12:33:04 PM »

I think he's confusing himself.

But tell that to his face. Wink
Haha, I rather not.  nervous

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 27 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: