Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 02:36:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Slash makes everything better.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 27 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash makes everything better.  (Read 110658 times)
FreddieJames
Rocker

« Reply #360 on: May 10, 2016, 11:13:04 AM »

I understand it is a big deal for people who never saw the real thing in their prime. I get that.

Your points were very vaild.  The communication is still next to nil, no press with the guys together.  No clue on the future.  Those are legit beefs.

It's just, the way I look at it...we already had that with the replacement line-ups.  If you aren't going to change the way you do things, but can at least give me a better line-up and one more representative of what I feel Guns N' Roses really is, that's still a net positive.

I am sorry, but this I don't get. Hasn't this always been the case with Guns? Wasn't it like this back in the 80's and 90's?

For now, I am just happy that they're playing and actually I am quite confident that they don't want to make a fool of themselves by announcing all kinds of things and then later have to retract them. I think they just want to win everyone over in the way they're doing now, so that no one can take that away from them. They're basically saying 'we don't need the press or whatever, we're doing it on our own strength'. And that seems to be working for now. Also, if you haven't noticed yet, the absence of press etc seems to only HELP them....I think it's a strategy.

Don't need your religion,
Don't watch that much T.V.,
Just making my living baby,
And that's enough for me.
Factory Girl
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #361 on: May 10, 2016, 11:54:00 AM »

I understand it is a big deal for people who never saw the real thing in their prime. I get that.

I would say for any fan.
It's great that they were able to make amendments and celebrate the amazing work they did together. If they don't record any new music and go separate ways after this, it will be the perfect ending for everyone IMO. We get to see them live, not bashing each other and maybe even some new release from Axl's archive. On the other side they will make loads of money and are on good terms again. It's a win win.

After they released the video yesterday I was talking to a friend: maybe they're planning a doc or something with some shots from the Troubadour? It would be a great way to say something to the fans about this reunion and at the same time having control over the content? On those tmz videos we can see that they had cameras filming all day.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #362 on: May 10, 2016, 12:55:57 PM »

Not a perfect ending if you are a fan of Izzy......and FreddieJames, they did TONS of press from 87-94.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 01:00:45 PM by sky dog » Logged

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #363 on: May 10, 2016, 01:22:03 PM »

Not a perfect ending if you are a fan of Izzy......and FreddieJames, they did TONS of press from 87-94.

Most of it was Slash and Duff.  At least on the UYI tour.

Kind of thought, if they came back, they could take that up again.  We know Axl loathes it.

Though maybe we could get Angus Young to ask him to do some press for this own band.  He seems to listen to him.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Factory Girl
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #364 on: May 10, 2016, 01:26:50 PM »

I'm a huge Izzy fan, but he probably is not in the band because he doesn't want to. There's not much we can do.
Besides I still believe he will show up at some point.
FreddieJames
Rocker

« Reply #365 on: May 10, 2016, 04:01:21 PM »

Yes, remember how well that went  hihi I can imagine that by now they are wiser than that. Hence the absence of doing such press.

But you are right. However, what I meant was that they did things on their own terms and never specifically said 'then and then we have a record coming out'. Yeah, Axl said things like 'this song will be on a record that'll probably come out next fucking year or so'.... I take the absence of such an announcement as the absence of news to share. And I don't understand why people keep pushing so hard -or even get mad- for something that is not there (yet). If they got something to share they will. Well, at least that's my presumption.

gunsbetterthanever
Rocker

« Reply #366 on: May 10, 2016, 07:13:10 PM »

Oh my goodness!!!!! The three of them being together make everything better.  Forget about the money.  Some people are so poor all they have is money.  Guys enjoy the music enjoy that they are doing something for the fans enjoy the fact that Axl is kicking ass with ac/dc, and enjoy the fact that you I and many other people are going to see some amazing shows this summer,  y'all need to chill out.  It's summer go outside❗️😘  Legit life is short.

Agreed!  This is a dream.  Anyone not in should listen to Bieber's Love yourself and call it a day!

....Hey Yeah.....Are ya Ready?
gunsbetterthanever
Rocker

« Reply #367 on: May 10, 2016, 07:17:01 PM »

What is there to enjoy that is different than June of 2014? There is no new music...no pictures of the band...no interviews. It is just another Gnr greatest hits tour. If you like stadium shows, good for you. I like shows in intimate venues. To each his own.  Tongue

Really Sky dog?  Nothing different to enjoy?  WOW!  LOL...

No difference at all.  Only Slash, the legend, replacing two no names in Ashba and Bumblefoot.   

....Hey Yeah.....Are ya Ready?
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #368 on: May 10, 2016, 09:08:21 PM »

I Prefer Axl/Dc This Discussion Slash, Gnr, Axl, etc, etc,, Nothing Import

hihi

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #369 on: May 10, 2016, 11:05:23 PM »

What is there to enjoy that is different than June of 2014? There is no new music...no pictures of the band...no interviews. It is just another Gnr greatest hits tour. If you like stadium shows, good for you. I like shows in intimate venues. To each his own.  Tongue

Really Sky dog?  Nothing different to enjoy?  WOW!  LOL...

No difference at all.  Only Slash, the legend, replacing two no names in Ashba and Bumblefoot.   

thanks for updating me on the obvious....however, I honestly don't hear much difference in the quality of the music on the classic songs. I do find the newer CD era material interesting though....more my style. The band will be tight by the US tour and Axl will be completely on top of his game if he survives the next month!

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #370 on: May 11, 2016, 03:03:29 AM »

I just hope if Izzy joins them for a song or two, Fortus steps off stage and doesn't play too, essentially obscuring Izzy's contribution.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #371 on: May 11, 2016, 03:27:29 AM »

I Prefer Axl/Dc This Discussion Slash, Gnr, Axl, etc, etc,, Nothing Import

hihi
Axl-DC is a novelty flavour, you'll soon get over it,as nice as it is  Wink
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #372 on: May 11, 2016, 06:09:56 AM »

Yes, remember how well that went  hihi I can imagine that by now they are wiser than that. Hence the absence of doing such press.

But you are right. However, what I meant was that they did things on their own terms and never specifically said 'then and then we have a record coming out'. Yeah, Axl said things like 'this song will be on a record that'll probably come out next fucking year or so'.... I take the absence of such an announcement as the absence of news to share. And I don't understand why people keep pushing so hard -or even get mad- for somethying that is not there (yet). If they got something to share they will. Well, at least that's my presumption.

i get where you are coming from. but according to axl, cd2 and cd remix were done. we were told that a long time ago. so of course we're anxious for them.

there was the idea going around before the reunion kicked off that cd and its sequel would be laid to rest for good if the reunion were to take place, but seeing slash play cd tunes has squashed that notion, at least for me, and I foresee him playing on cd 2 and maybe even the remix. i dont see them scrapping everything that was done and starting a new album since axl has always seemed to work on music for a long time. just look at the history of november rain... not much has changed in that regard and I don't see it changing anytime soon.

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #373 on: May 11, 2016, 07:40:29 AM »

I find it funny how people sign up for this board now and act like complete asses towards those who have enjoyed the band through all these years and might actually like some of the members who were in the band during those years.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #374 on: May 11, 2016, 09:15:51 AM »

that is a good point.

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #375 on: May 11, 2016, 09:30:27 AM »

I find it funny how people sign up for this board now and act like complete asses towards those who have enjoyed the band through all these years and might actually like some of the members who were in the band during those years.

This is interesting.

Because one of the tenets of this board is how it lives in the now.  At least, that's the sales pitch I've heard for years.  We were to support the band in its current incarnation, and not dwell on the past.  So spare us your stories about Slash and Duff and way back when.  Because DJ Ashba and Bumblefoot were the order of the day now.  If you wanted to fight those battles about past members, scoot on over to Dead Horse, will ya?

What's different now?  The 'Not In This Lifetime' tour and the current line-up should be all of our our focus, no? 

Or is it making sure Robin Finck gets requisite love here in the big room.  Despite being out of the band for 8 years now.

That's not a little off?  At the very least, inconsistent?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #376 on: May 11, 2016, 10:36:42 AM »

This is interesting.

Because one of the tenets of this board is how it lives in the now.  At least, that's the sales pitch I've heard for years.  We were to support the band in its current incarnation, and not dwell on the past.  So spare us your stories about Slash and Duff and way back when.  Because DJ Ashba and Bumblefoot were the order of the day now.  If you wanted to fight those battles about past members, scoot on over to Dead Horse, will ya?

What's different now?  The 'Not In This Lifetime' tour and the current line-up should be all of our our focus, no? 

Or is it making sure Robin Finck gets requisite love here in the big room.  Despite being out of the band for 8 years now.

That's not a little off?  At the very least, inconsistent?

I have no sympathy for the people that supported the old band and are unhappy now. 
Slash got destroyed on this forum on a daily basis for many years.  Anyone who said anything positive about him got jumped on. 

He's back now.  There are sections on the board to discuss previous versions of the band in more detail if you wish to do so. 

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #377 on: May 11, 2016, 12:06:59 PM »

Whoa, some just don't seem to get it.

I've been talking about Slash for many years on this board and I never got jumped on. But then again, I also showed respect for the then-current lineup. For some it'll always be "this vs. that" and nothing in between.

And with my previous comment I was talking about how people are directing their "insults" towards other members on this board just because they've been fans of the band even when Slash wasn't in it. It's just funny Cheesy

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
FreddieJames
Rocker

« Reply #378 on: May 11, 2016, 02:05:07 PM »

But you are right. However, what I meant was that they did things on their own terms and never specifically said 'then and then we have a record coming out'. Yeah, Axl said things like 'this song will be on a record that'll probably come out next fucking year or so'.... I take the absence of such an announcement as the absence of news to share. And I don't understand why people keep pushing so hard -or even get mad- for somethying that is not there (yet). If they got something to share they will. Well, at least that's my presumption.

i get where you are coming from. but according to axl, cd2 and cd remix were done. we were told that a long time ago. so of course we're anxious for them.

there was the idea going around before the reunion kicked off that cd and its sequel would be laid to rest for good if the reunion were to take place, but seeing slash play cd tunes has squashed that notion, at least for me, and I foresee him playing on cd 2 and maybe even the remix. i dont see them scrapping everything that was done and starting a new album since axl has always seemed to work on music for a long time. just look at the history of november rain... not much has changed in that regard and I don't see it changing anytime soon.

Oh like that. Yeah, you definitely have a point. I kind of figured that that's a thing of the past since I can imagine they want to start from scratch. Not necessarily ditch the songs, but the recordings.... I hope they go back to a more organic sound.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #379 on: May 11, 2016, 03:14:45 PM »

Whoa, some just don't seem to get it.

I've been talking about Slash for many years on this board and I never got jumped on. But then again, I also showed respect for the then-current lineup. For some it'll always be "this vs. that" and nothing in between.

And with my previous comment I was talking about how people are directing their "insults" towards other members on this board just because they've been fans of the band even when Slash wasn't in it. It's just funny Cheesy

I think its totally dependent on the person in question.

It's fine if someone was a fan of the other line-ups.  Everyone that posts at this board was, at least on some level, right?

But when you start saying things like all line-ups are equal...or that you hope they play 6 CD songs one night this summer....come on.  That's transparent flame bait.

You can do the whole "That's my opinion.  Am I not allowed to have an opinion?  Is this Russia?" type routine, I suppose.  I just don't know who's buying that.

Read the room, would be my suggestion.  Everyone is super into this tour, the first chance many of us will have to see Axl & Slash together.  Even if there truly is a time to talk up your love of 'Rhiad & The Bedouins', or how Robin Finck was the best guitarist in band history....this?  This ain't that time.

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 27 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: