Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 02:32:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Slash makes everything better.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 27 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash makes everything better.  (Read 110639 times)
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #340 on: May 09, 2016, 08:12:23 PM »

Guns N Roses are big again now simply because Slash is back! He's the man that people want to see on stage with Axl! That's why they can do this big tour!

Haha! No, it's a combo of everyone - not just Slash.

The Axl/Slash/Duff combination is selling well.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #341 on: May 09, 2016, 08:24:50 PM »

Guns N Roses are big again now simply because Slash is back! He's the man that people want to see on stage with Axl! That's why they can do this big tour!

When you tell someone you are seeing Guns N' Roses this summer, do they make a face?  Question your premise in some way?

They do not. 

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #342 on: May 09, 2016, 10:32:19 PM »

What an accurate and pathetically sad testimony about a large number of the GNR fan population.  It's only about the fairytale rejoining.  Doesn't matter how much Slash's performance might be off on both the old n' nu songs as long as he's on that stage alongside Axl.  Doesn't matter that Richard has killed it every performance for the past 16 years because these fans hope he's just there until Izzy rejoins.  Doesn't matter that Axl, Buckethead, Robin, Dizzy, Chris, etc., brought us amazing songs so worthy of the GNR legacy because that's not the "real" GNR.

And it's these same fans who will fill the stadiums but go ballistic at the suggestion of a cash grab.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
banachkevin
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #343 on: May 09, 2016, 10:56:41 PM »

Haha! No, it's a combo of everyone - not just Slash.

The Axl/Slash/Duff combination is selling well.
exactly on the money right there, slash wasn't selling out stadiums on his own. I've loved every show I've been to and I can't wait to see this line up this summer in Toronto.

Vancouver2002,Edmonton2006,Saskatoon2010,Las Vegas2012,Las Vegas 2014,Toronto 2016
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #344 on: May 09, 2016, 11:45:39 PM »

the title of this thread should be changed to "slash makes gnr more marketable".

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #345 on: May 09, 2016, 11:46:02 PM »

What an accurate and pathetically sad testimony about a large number of the GNR fan population.  It's only about the fairytale rejoining.  Doesn't matter how much Slash's performance might be off on both the old n' nu songs as long as he's on that stage alongside Axl.  Doesn't matter that Richard has killed it every performance for the past 16 years because these fans hope he's just there until Izzy rejoins.  Doesn't matter that Axl, Buckethead, Robin, Dizzy, Chris, etc., brought us amazing songs so worthy of the GNR legacy because that's not the "real" GNR.

Correct.

Question, though.  Is it "pathetic and sad", really?  Or do you just want to pull a muscle patting yourself on the back for how you kept it real and "stayed loyal" while all of those other bastards cashed out?

Because it seems like the latter.  I really give you more credit than seriously assume that you are legit surprised by any of this.  So I'm wondering if your take up there is not more rooted in annoyance.  And this is hardly unique to you.  I'd ask the same of anyone with that similar opinion, because you are not alone on that.

Like you were the one still going down to the games every night when the team was a pushover.  Now they are back in the playoffs, and you resent the people that weren't down for the struggle like you were during the lean years, but fill the building up now.

Is there anything to that?  Do you think less of people that will be attending their first Guns N' Roses show this summer...either ever, or in 20 plus years?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
GNRMTL
Headliner

« Reply #346 on: May 10, 2016, 01:52:00 AM »

Oh my goodness!!!!! The three of them being together make everything better.  Forget about the money.  Some people are so poor all they have is money.  Guys enjoy the music enjoy that they are doing something for the fans enjoy the fact that Axl is kicking ass with ac/dc, and enjoy the fact that you I and many other people are going to see some amazing shows this summer,  y'all need to chill out.  It's summer go outside❗️😘  Legit life is short.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 01:58:35 AM by GNRMTL » Logged

Miami 92
Montreal 92
Toronto 02
4 nights at the Hammerstein
Ottowa 06
Montreal 10
Hiro 12
Miami Filmore 12
Montreal 13
New Jersey 16
Montreal 17
ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #347 on: May 10, 2016, 05:12:38 AM »

i agree, there's a lot to enjoy right now. it's pretty fun and lots less hostile than before. people will always come try and ruffle jarmos feathers, that will never change, but i guess that just comes with the territory.

sky dog
Legend

« Reply #348 on: May 10, 2016, 05:44:48 AM »

What is there to enjoy that is different than June of 2014? There is no new music...no pictures of the band...no interviews. It is just another Gnr greatest hits tour. If you like stadium shows, good for you. I like shows in intimate venues. To each his own.  Tongue

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
ice cream sand pig
VIP

« Reply #349 on: May 10, 2016, 05:57:53 AM »

for me its fun because it's the first time they've toured since I've been a member here. its really fun to follow along from home. i would have been just as happy with any other lineup, but this one is really cool too. to see them slay that first night in vegas live on the periscope was unreal for me, since that was the first live performance i saw as it was happening besides the golden gods, which ended up cutting out part way through and was really short.

sky dog
Legend

« Reply #350 on: May 10, 2016, 06:11:24 AM »

I do like the lineup....good to have Slash back. Simple as that really. However, selling more tickets is pretty meaningless to me....just longer lines at the beer stands!  hihi

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #351 on: May 10, 2016, 08:37:52 AM »

i agree, there's a lot to enjoy right now. it's pretty fun and lots less hostile than before. people will always come try and ruffle jarmos feathers, that will never change, but i guess that just comes with the territory.

Night and day, this year versus the last 2 or 3 years. 

Fans were always divided into 3 groups.  But now, the ratio is all switched around.

2013-15

- I can roll with it, it's better than nothing (biggest group)
- I am completely unhappy (middle group)
- I am over the moon happy (smallest group)

- I am over the moon happy (biggest group)
- I can roll with it, it's better than nothing (middle group)
- I am completely unhappy (smallest group)

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #352 on: May 10, 2016, 08:54:42 AM »

Night and day, this year versus the last 2 or 3 years. 

Fans were always divided into 3 groups.  But now, the ratio is all switched around.

2013-15

- I can roll with it, it's better than nothing (biggest group)
- I am completely unhappy (middle group)
- I am over the moon happy (smallest group)

- I am over the moon happy (biggest group)
- I can roll with it, it's better than nothing (middle group)
- I am completely unhappy (smallest group)

You left out a group!

-I like it but I'm still going to find things to whine about

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #353 on: May 10, 2016, 09:13:11 AM »

You left out a group!

-I like it but I'm still going to find things to whine about

I love all these armchair analysts and supposed experts that are going to tell people how to make their own lists. 

I'm sure they are perfectly capable of making their own lists.  They sure don't need the entitled demands of a few so called fans of lists to chime in with their unwanted advice.

I have always been a fan of lists, all categories of lists.  I had a great time with the last list I read.  And I look forward to enjoying lists in the future.

Guitar1281
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #354 on: May 10, 2016, 09:36:33 AM »

What is there to enjoy that is different than June of 2014? There is no new music...no pictures of the band...no interviews. It is just another Gnr greatest hits tour. If you like stadium shows, good for you. I like shows in intimate venues. To each his own.  Tongue

The line-up is what's different...

Even if it was not Duff and Slash in those spots and say it was oh Mike Inez and John 5 it would be exciting to see their take on the songs. Not stadium tour exciting and not as exciting as new music I agree, but still exciting.

Listen to my tribute to Axl - Parasite

https://soundcloud.com/withliberty/parasite
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #355 on: May 10, 2016, 09:45:41 AM »

The line-up is what's different...

Even if it was not Duff and Slash in those spots and say it was oh Mike Inez and John 5 it would be exciting to see their take on the songs. Not stadium tour exciting and not as exciting as new music I agree, but still exciting.
RE the Stadium touring thing, does a few nights at the same arena = 1 stadium show?  There's been a good few of them  smoking
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #356 on: May 10, 2016, 10:03:11 AM »

Speaking only for myself... in any band I would want as many guys who created the songs up onstage as possible. Plus a lot of us never saw Axl and Slash onstage together before this.

I get it ... a big chunk of the people here don't care who is in the band as long as Axl is singing the songs... and don't have preferences either... Smiley

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Factory Girl
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #357 on: May 10, 2016, 10:28:00 AM »

Speaking only for myself... in any band I would want as many guys who created the songs up onstage as possible. Plus a lot of us never saw Axl and Slash onstage together before this.

I get it ... a big chunk of the people here don't care who is in the band as long as Axl is singing the songs... and don't have preferences either... Smiley

Thanks, that's what I was gonna say!
The guys who wrote the songs we love - the reason why we are here daily having this conversations - are coming back and will play the songs live in their first tour in 23 years.
Sure would be great to have new music, and we'll always want more and complain about what we don't have, it's our human condition, but IMO it's also a big step.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #358 on: May 10, 2016, 10:38:35 AM »

I understand it is a big deal for people who never saw the real thing in their prime. I get that.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #359 on: May 10, 2016, 10:52:51 AM »

I understand it is a big deal for people who never saw the real thing in their prime. I get that.

Your points were very vaild.  The communication is still next to nil, no press with the guys together.  No clue on the future.  Those are legit beefs.

It's just, the way I look at it...we already had that with the replacement line-ups.  If you aren't going to change the way you do things, but can at least give me a better line-up and one more representative of what I feel Guns N' Roses really is, that's still a net positive.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 27 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: