Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 02:42:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Slash makes everything better.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 27 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash makes everything better.  (Read 110690 times)
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #320 on: May 09, 2016, 11:10:55 AM »

Metallica didnt open for GNR, it was a co headline tour. They actually had their stage with the snakepit,etc and played well over 2 hours! The opening band was Faith No More.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #321 on: May 09, 2016, 11:57:15 AM »

Gn’R headlined in ’91 before UYI were released.  I was at Hershey Stadium that summer.  Skid Row opened.  Great times!!! 

Ok, so we found another stadium show. Great.
Toronto was also in a stadium. But that's not in the USA.. Wink

It wasn't until the following summer that Metallica opened for Gn'R.  Metallica diehards used to say "co-headlined."  Don't recall if that's how it was promo'd.  To argue that Gn'R would not have headlined U.S. stadiums without Metallica that summer (the summer after UYI were released) is simply contrarian.  And it attempts to prove a negative.  The fact remains that the UYI tour was the last time Gn'R headlined U.S. stadiums.

Nobody's arguing anything, just reminding you of history while you keep twisting and turning.
The fact remains, GN'R didn't do a proper solo stadium tour of the USA. Sure, occasional shows on tour that were mostly in arenas or those sheds.

So yeah, twist this into being an attack on the past or whatever the fuck you're trying to do. Good luck!

By the way, it was promoted as a co-headline tour.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 12:00:37 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #322 on: May 09, 2016, 12:42:49 PM »

This fact devolves into personalized attacks by contrarians and revisionists.  In essence:  "Personal insult, personal insult.  And Gn'R only headlined U.S. stadiums because Metallica opened."  When one notes that the current drummer sets a faster pace, he's set upon with more personal attacks. 
Says the one who keep twisting things up, ignoring facts (there was no stadium TOUR back in the 90s) while calling others "contrarians and revisionists". Roll Eyes

JustanUrchin
Headliner

« Reply #323 on: May 09, 2016, 01:51:54 PM »

This fact devolves into personalized attacks by contrarians and revisionists.  In essence:  "Personal insult, personal insult.  And Gn'R only headlined U.S. stadiums because Metallica opened."  When one notes that the current drummer sets a faster pace, he's set upon with more personal attacks. 
Says the one who keep twisting things up, ignoring facts (there was no stadium TOUR back in the 90s) while calling others "contrarians and revisionists". Roll Eyes

You mean other than all the stadiums Gn?R headlined in the U.S. in ?91 and ?92.  Count ?em up.  Wikipedia does the work for you.

Or do you mean Gn?R wasn?t TOURing when it headlined U.S. stadiums in ?91 and ?92?

Facts are pesky.

8.30.88 Pocono Downs
6.11.91 Hershey
12.6.02 Philly riot
11.20.11 Mohegan Sun
JustanUrchin
Headliner

« Reply #324 on: May 09, 2016, 01:57:49 PM »

Gn?R headlined in ?91 before UYI were released.  I was at Hershey Stadium that summer.  Skid Row opened.  Great times!!! 

Ok, so we found another stadium show. Great.
Toronto was also in a stadium. But that's not in the USA.. Wink

It wasn't until the following summer that Metallica opened for Gn'R.  Metallica diehards used to say "co-headlined."  Don't recall if that's how it was promo'd.  To argue that Gn'R would not have headlined U.S. stadiums without Metallica that summer (the summer after UYI were released) is simply contrarian.  And it attempts to prove a negative.  The fact remains that the UYI tour was the last time Gn'R headlined U.S. stadiums.

Nobody's arguing anything, just reminding you of history while you keep twisting and turning.
The fact remains, GN'R didn't do a proper solo stadium tour of the USA. Sure, occasional shows on tour that were mostly in arenas or those sheds.

So yeah, twist this into being an attack on the past or whatever the fuck you're trying to do. Good luck!

By the way, it was promoted as a co-headline tour.

/jarmo

The last time Gn?R headlined U.S. stadiums was during the UYI period?before and after the UYI release.  Twist and turn that fact.

To your red herring:  Gn?R had top billing for the 1992 leg of the tour.  Look at the top name on a poster from those dates.  And Gn?R closed the shows on those dates.  Twist and turn those facts.

If you?re making an argument, you've lost me.  Gn?R is headlining U.S. stadiums for the first time in a generation.  That?s presumably a great thing for fans and the band itself.  It is for me, anyhow.

8.30.88 Pocono Downs
6.11.91 Hershey
12.6.02 Philly riot
11.20.11 Mohegan Sun
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #325 on: May 09, 2016, 02:25:05 PM »

You're the one arguing AFTER facts are pointed out to you.
Read what I said, and then respond after you understand it. Not when you think you understand or whatever.

You're arguing about shit that's insignificant and you're fighting a losing battle against facts.... Have fun!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #326 on: May 09, 2016, 02:41:31 PM »

Which was a god damn pipe dream the past few years.  But look at us now.

Isn't that really the overall point here? 

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #327 on: May 09, 2016, 02:48:40 PM »

Like I said, in some ways GN'R are more popular in 2016 than ever before....

Edited to add:
I'll spell it out for those who are quick to take offense. GN'R never did a solo stadium tour in the USA or sold out stadiums in New York, Chicago, Boston or Los Angeles on their own before.
Sure, they did play stadiums on the GN'R/Metallica tour and the occasional stadium on the 1991 tour. So keep repeating it.  hihi

/jarmo
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 02:51:31 PM by jarmo » Logged

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #328 on: May 09, 2016, 02:51:07 PM »

Like I said, in some ways GN'R are more popular in 2016 than ever before....

/jarmo

I think that is the whole point...

For me... I can finally say GNR is back where it's supposed to be ... at the top of the food chain... This summer... I am going with a group of 16 people to see Guns N Roses... something that was never going to happen at any point over the past 15 years....

So for that reason alone... "Slash makes everything better"

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #329 on: May 09, 2016, 02:53:00 PM »

I think it's the combination..... The sum of all parts.

/jarmo

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #330 on: May 09, 2016, 02:55:13 PM »

/jarmo

I agree.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #331 on: May 09, 2016, 03:27:48 PM »

Well, back in the day they were big, but they were still creating their legacy. The band is huge now because of all their hard work combined with several years of people discoverying their awesome music. With Slash and Duff back, it all fits toghether again and it just works. Makes sense to me.

Still not everything, IMO. What I do agree is that he makes A LOT of things better.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #332 on: May 09, 2016, 03:39:55 PM »

For me... I can finally say GNR is back where it's supposed to be ... at the top of the food chain... This summer... I am going with a group of 16 people to see Guns N Roses... something that was never going to happen at any point over the past 15 years....

BOOM

There it is.

I couldn't get 16 people to go with me the past few years if I bought their tickets.  This year, several folks were angling to be my +1 for the Nightrain presale.

What a difference a few years make.  And it's absolutely positively awesome.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #333 on: May 09, 2016, 03:52:03 PM »

BOOM

There it is.

I couldn't get 16 people to go with me the past few years if I bought their tickets.  This year, several folks were angling to be my +1 for the Nightrain presale.

What a difference a few years make.  And it's absolutely positively awesome.

Ya know what I can't wait for?  On 7/1, standing in the front of GA, turning my head to see a completely sold out Soldier Field behind me, all there to see "my band".  Something only the dynamic of Axl & Slash together could do.  It's gonna be magic.
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #334 on: May 09, 2016, 03:58:39 PM »

/jarmo

This should be obvious to everyone.

The guy who got my tickets for Chicago never cared for seeing Slash without Axl or Guns without Slash. And I think you'll find a lot of people who were of the same train of thought

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #335 on: May 09, 2016, 04:08:28 PM »

Ya know what I can't wait for?  On 7/1, standing in the front of GA, turning my head to see a completely sold out Soldier Field behind me, all there to see "my band".  Something only the dynamic of Axl & Slash together could do.  It's gonna be magic.

That's what I am looking forward to most as well.

I have been going to concerts for 20 years in big, sold out buildings.  I'm talking basketball arenas and football stadiums.  And I always scanned the crowd right before the show with total envy that "my band", as you so aptly put it, could never get their fucking shit together so they could do this too.

And now, the wait is over.  A wait I figured would last the rest of my life.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #336 on: May 09, 2016, 04:12:10 PM »

The guy who got my tickets for Chicago never cared for seeing Slash without Axl or Guns without Slash. And I think you'll find a lot of people who were of the same train of thought

I don't know I would go quite that far.  But the reality is, I've never seen Slash live in any capacity.  Seen Axl, but not Slash.

FreddieJames
Rocker

« Reply #337 on: May 09, 2016, 04:13:13 PM »

You're the one arguing AFTER facts are pointed out to you.
Read what I said, and then respond after you understand it. Not when you think you understand or whatever.

You're arguing about shit that's insignificant and you're fighting a losing battle against facts.... Have fun!

/jarmo

He's done this in another topic as well. I guess it's his "thing"  hihi

On topic: I think it's what Jarmo said already....the sum of its parts. Axl, Slash and Duff have a magic that they separately don't have. That's something that people want to see. Now add the legend and myth that has become attached to their history and BOOOM! you have a combination that sells alot of tickets.

Don't need your religion,
Don't watch that much T.V.,
Just making my living baby,
And that's enough for me.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #338 on: May 09, 2016, 04:23:18 PM »

He's done this in another topic as well. I guess it's his "thing"  hihi

On topic: I think it's what Jarmo said already....the sum of its parts. Axl, Slash and Duff have a magic that they separately don't have. That's something that people want to see. Now add the legend and myth that has become attached to their history and BOOOM! you have a combination that sells alot of tickets.

And, honestly, Axl with AC/DC is perhaps the best commercial possible for their own tour.

The clips are already everywhere.  And all agree that Axl sounds incredible.  Like it or not "yeah, but can Axl still sing?" was a hurdle this tour had to overcome.

But that pro-shot 'Rock Or Bust' leaves little doubt.  Yeah, he can still sing.

siraddam
Headliner

« Reply #339 on: May 09, 2016, 06:48:01 PM »

Guns N Roses are big again now simply because Slash is back! He's the man that people want to see on stage with Axl! That's why they can do this big tour!
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 27 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: