Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 02:43:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Slash makes everything better.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 27 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash makes everything better.  (Read 110695 times)
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #300 on: May 08, 2016, 01:23:09 AM »

The only one I think it doens't really work is 'Rocket Queen'.  That's a groove song that could use a little move groove.

But this band has played all of 5 shows together.  They'll figure it out.

Opinions vary, I think they have it "figured out" already.

Whether you choose to agree or not they have straight up fucked up a few songs with people jumping in too early... once or twice Frank and at least once by Richard during SCOM in Vegas. Not the end of the world... it will be fixed... You don't need to fight so hard, we get it, you get defensive. It happened during the UYI tours, it happened with Robin and DJ during the CD tours and it will continue during the Not In This Lifetime tour... people make mistakes. They aren't musical robots.

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #301 on: May 08, 2016, 03:23:23 AM »

The only one I think it doens't really work is 'Rocket Queen'.  That's a groove song that could use a little move groove.

But this band has played all of 5 shows together.  They'll figure it out.

Opinions vary, I think they have it "figured out" already.

Whether you choose to agree or not they have straight up fucked up a few songs with people jumping in too early... once or twice Frank and at least once by Richard during SCOM in Vegas. Not the end of the world... it will be fixed... You don't need to fight so hard, we get it, you get defensive. It happened during the UYI tours, it happened with Robin and DJ during the CD tours and it will continue during the Not In This Lifetime tour... people make mistakes. They aren't musical robots.

I also say if you want to hear the note for note album version stay at home and listen to the damn album.

Not fighting at all, fed up with internet nerd fanboys attempting to provide unsolicited amateur advice to GNR as to what they "need" to do.

The vocal minority of e-experts and armchair quarterbacks are on my last nerve.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #302 on: May 08, 2016, 08:54:25 AM »

I am with Emily....and I am waiting for the "Axl makes everything better thread"....seems like he pretty much nailed the AC/DC thing. Imagine when he is up and rocking all over the stage with Angus.  Kiss

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
JustanUrchin
Headliner

« Reply #303 on: May 08, 2016, 10:38:52 AM »

Lol at all these would be amateur  musical arrangers and hobby drummers that climb out of the woodwork to critique GNRs and the tempo(s) they have obviously chosen and rehearsed.  hihi

Do.....they have ears?

Because all I've seen is stuff discussed that can be conformed by anyone with ears.

Why do you treat so many general observations about events as threats, demands, or both?

The songs are a little quick.  That's all.  No one's taken a hostage.

Hell, I should've made the entire post bold!

These types existed 10 and 15 years ago on the online forums.  It's as if they fancy themselves Axl's protective and apologetic mother or venture about as a tight-knit minority of abrasive, contrarian folks experiencing some sort of group derangement.  If a fan states a fact, such as the current drummer sets a meth-like tempo (regardless of whether it is intentional) or Gn?R, as a ?band,? has published 15 songs of original material from 1991 to date, they rabidly attack and demean the fan stating the fact.  If the fan retorts with more facts, say, the current replacement drummer pushes the songs at least a half-step into something eyebrow raising or notes that the "band" has produced 15 songs in 25 years and counting, then it is full-on personal attack.  These types hate facts, like the "band" has a 1:1 ratio of band members who have quit/been fired to songs published in the last quarter century.  15 members, 15 songs, 25 years.

Does Slash (and Duff) kill their material?  Hell yes!  Hence the U.S. stadium tour, which includes adding double dates, after a decade plus of half-empty U.S. arenas.  Axl had to eat his words, "not in this lifetime."  But he has acknowledged it with a sense of humor!  So, it's time for fans to rock this summer and beyond!

8.30.88 Pocono Downs
6.11.91 Hershey
12.6.02 Philly riot
11.20.11 Mohegan Sun
gunsbetterthanever
Rocker

« Reply #304 on: May 08, 2016, 10:44:08 AM »

Lol at all these would be amateur  musical arrangers and hobby drummers that climb out of the woodwork to critique GNRs and the tempo(s) they have obviously chosen and rehearsed.  hihi

Do.....they have ears?

Because all I've seen is stuff discussed that can be conformed by anyone with ears.

Why do you treat so many general observations about events as threats, demands, or both?

These types existed 10 and 15 years ago on the online forums.  It's as if they fancy themselves Axl's protective and apologetic mother or venture about as a tight-knit minority of abrasive, contrarian folks experiencing some sort of group derangement.  If a fan states a fact, such as the current drummer sets a meth-like tempo (regardless of whether it is intentional) or Gn?R, as a ?band,? has published 15 songs of original material from 1991 to date, they rabidly attack and demean the fan stating the fact.  If the fan retorts with more facts, say, the current replacement drummer pushes the songs at least a half-step into something eyebrow raising or notes that the "band" has produced 15 songs in 25 years and counting, then it is full-on personal attack.  These types hate facts, like the "band" has a 1:1 ratio of band members who have quit/been fired to songs published in the last quarter century.  15 members, 15 songs, 25 years.

Does Slash (and Duff) kill their material?  Hell yes!  Hence the U.S. stadium tour, which includes adding double dates, after a decade plus of half-empty U.S. arenas.  Axl had to eat his words, "not in this lifetime."  But he has acknowledged it with a sense of humor!  So, it's time for fans to rock this summer and beyond!

Half empty shows?
Exaggerated big time.  Us shows were close to full!

....Hey Yeah.....Are ya Ready?
JustanUrchin
Headliner

« Reply #305 on: May 08, 2016, 10:46:59 AM »

Do.....they have ears?

Half empty shows?

When was the last time (prior to the current slate of stadium shows) that Gn'R has set stadium shows in the United States?

8.30.88 Pocono Downs
6.11.91 Hershey
12.6.02 Philly riot
11.20.11 Mohegan Sun
gunsbetterthanever
Rocker

« Reply #306 on: May 08, 2016, 10:53:17 AM »

Do.....they have ears?

Half empty shows?

When was the last time (prior to the current slate of stadium shows) that Gn'R has set stadium shows in the United States?

2006?

JustanUrchin
Headliner

« Reply #307 on: May 08, 2016, 10:59:38 AM »

Do.....they have ears?

Half empty shows?

2006?

"The Chinese Democracy Tour 2006 was a concert tour by Guns N' Roses promoting their upcoming album Chinese Democracy. It started in May 2006 when the band launched a European tour, headlining both the Download Festival and Rock in Rio Lisboa. Four warm-up shows preceded the tour at Hammerstein Ballroom in New York City, and became the band's first live concert dates since the short 2002 tour."

Try Again.

8.30.88 Pocono Downs
6.11.91 Hershey
12.6.02 Philly riot
11.20.11 Mohegan Sun
gunsbetterthanever
Rocker

« Reply #308 on: May 08, 2016, 11:03:52 AM »

Didn't he play in Meadolwands, packed house in 2006?

gunsbetterthanever
Rocker

« Reply #309 on: May 08, 2016, 11:05:08 AM »

I see it was the arena!
So 1993?

JustanUrchin
Headliner

« Reply #310 on: May 08, 2016, 11:06:21 AM »

I see it was the arena!
So 1993?

smoking

So, let's all rock out this summer and beyond to Gn'R!

8.30.88 Pocono Downs
6.11.91 Hershey
12.6.02 Philly riot
11.20.11 Mohegan Sun
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #311 on: May 08, 2016, 01:53:24 PM »

"The Chinese Democracy Tour 2006 was a concert tour by Guns N' Roses promoting their upcoming album Chinese Democracy. It started in May 2006 when the band launched a European tour, headlining both the Download Festival and Rock in Rio Lisboa. Four warm-up shows preceded the tour at Hammerstein Ballroom in New York City, and became the band's first live concert dates since the short 2002 tour."
The Hammerstein gigs were just the first 4. They did a NA Tour later in that year that ended with sold-out gigs in LA at the Gibson Amphitheater. And you first said "half-empty US arenas" wich is plain wrong. You did try to shift to the "it's not stadium". Nice try.

At the end of the day: so fucking what if they didnt had full stadium shows? This isn't about selling tickets. Obviously that Slash sells way more tickets than DJ Ashba. But they didnt even had a proper NA stadium tour back in the day without a huge co-headliner.

I dont get this thing people keep bringing about the commercial performance of the band. I give a total of zero fucks about it. If all you care about is the general public perception, then they should just stick with an AFD set with Dont Cry and November Rain. Those people dont even care about stuff like Estranged.

sky dog
Legend

« Reply #312 on: May 08, 2016, 04:58:39 PM »

go get them Voodoo....last I checked, Slash and Duff are hired hands too now....I am all in either way but some people need to get the fuck over it, enjoy the shows, and hope it results in some new Gnr music.

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #313 on: May 09, 2016, 12:19:34 AM »

Do.....they have ears?

I'm no "type" simply a supportive fan, take your negativity and mistaken facts and follow the directions in my signature.

LOL internet nerds and their try hard critiques.Someone please send me a memo when there's really something to complain about.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 01:09:19 AM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #314 on: May 09, 2016, 02:04:00 AM »

The Hammerstein gigs were just the first 4. They did a NA Tour later in that year that ended with sold-out gigs in LA at the Gibson Amphitheater. And you first said "half-empty US arenas" wich is plain wrong. You did try to shift to the "it's not stadium". Nice try.

At the end of the day: so fucking what if they didnt had full stadium shows? This isn't about selling tickets. Obviously that Slash sells way more tickets than DJ Ashba. But they didnt even had a proper NA stadium tour back in the day without a huge co-headliner.

I dont get this thing people keep bringing about the commercial performance of the band. I give a total of zero fucks about it. If all you care about is the general public perception, then they should just stick with an AFD set with Dont Cry and November Rain. Those people dont even care about stuff like Estranged.

it's not a good angle. more commercially successful does not equal objectively better. if it did, one direction would be way better than gnr.

it's cool to see the band do well, and the reunion is surely magical in its own way. im not trying to take anything away from it. but guns has always been awesome.

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
JustanUrchin
Headliner

« Reply #315 on: May 09, 2016, 05:43:58 AM »

Another contrarian offers nothing other than...contradiction.  I was physically present at one of the half-empty arena shows in 2011.  Cite a source, bro, of a single stadium tour by Gn'R after Slash and Duff quit.  You can't because it never happened.  In 23 years.  Until, of course, the current slate of stadium shows.  Throughout the summer and fall of 1991 and until Metallica signed-on to a different leg, there was no "co-headliner."  Facts are irrelevant to these types.  And nice shift from U.S. to "north American" in the language, but it matters not as Gn'R could never schedule a tour of U.S. stadiums without Slash and Duff.  Axl had to eat his words, "not in this lifetime" and something to the effect that "one of us will die" before there is a reunion and his whole deal that somehow he could blow "old Guns" out of the water.  A for effort in trying over 23 years.  But didn't happen.  Except for the contrarians and historical revisionists, for the millions of others of old and returning fans, it is high times in Gn'R fandom!

8.30.88 Pocono Downs
6.11.91 Hershey
12.6.02 Philly riot
11.20.11 Mohegan Sun
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #316 on: May 09, 2016, 06:04:25 AM »

I remember from Tokyo 2012 Axl's IEM bootleg, they're using a click to keep the songs tempo the same intended. I don't know if they're using it now, and I don't know if Slash used to have it in his bands.
For some songs, yes that was the case atleast for the 2009-2014 era. You can always hear Frank count in songs like Street Of Dreams which start on the piano only, They didnt do that on any previous tours.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #317 on: May 09, 2016, 06:32:56 AM »

Except for the contrarians and historical revisionists, for the millions of others of old and returning fans, it is high times in Gn'R fandom!

Maybe I missed the point of these posts, but if you want to stick to facts: GN'R didn't really tour stadiums without Metallica in the USA. I think the two shows in Florida at the end of 1991 were in stadiums. The rest were mostly arenas....

So in a way, the upcoming shows will be a new experience for GN'R. And in a way, doesn't it mean GN'R are more popular than before?  Cool

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #318 on: May 09, 2016, 09:05:54 AM »

Another contrarian offers nothing other than...contradiction.  I was physically present at one of the half-empty arena shows in 2011.  Cite a source, bro, of a single stadium tour by Gn'R after Slash and Duff quit.  You can't because it never happened.  In 23 years. 
Where did I ever say they did a stadium tour in the 2001-2014 era?

But hey, you're pretty good at statistics. You've been to one single show in 2011, so it MUST mean that the majority of the several US shows they did in 13 years were all in half-empty. ok

Until, of course, the current slate of stadium shows.  Throughout the summer and fall of 1991 and until Metallica signed-on to a different leg, there was no "co-headliner."  Facts are irrelevant to these types. 
Give me a break:

Maybe I missed the point of these posts, but if you want to stick to facts: GN'R didn't really tour stadiums without Metallica in the USA. I think the two shows in Florida at the end of 1991 were in stadiums. The rest were mostly arenas....
That's what I meant. We're talking about tours, not individual shows.

And nice shift from U.S. to "north American" in the language, but it matters not as Gn'R could never schedule a tour of U.S. stadiums without Slash and Duff.  Axl had to eat his words, "not in this lifetime" and something to the effect that "one of us will die" before there is a reunion and his whole deal that somehow he could blow "old Guns" out of the water.  A for effort in trying over 23 years.  But didn't happen.  Except for the contrarians and historical revisionists, for the millions of others of old and returning fans, it is high times in Gn'R fandom!
LOL, I didnt want to use NA for semantics, it's just the way I'm used to call it since 2002.

And again, youre talking about popularity and "old and returning fans" which can always be translated to "casual fans and newbies" and I could care less about them. But whatever rocks your boat. Must be really sad to have to hear those CD songs being played, huh?

JustanUrchin
Headliner

« Reply #319 on: May 09, 2016, 10:42:30 AM »

Except for the contrarians and historical revisionists, for the millions of others of old and returning fans, it is high times in Gn'R fandom!

So in a way, the upcoming shows will be a new experience for GN'R. And in a way, doesn't it mean GN'R are more popular than before?  Cool

/jarmo

Gn?R headlined in ?91 before UYI were released.  I was at Hershey Stadium that summer.  Skid Row opened.  Great times!!!  It wasn't until the following summer that Metallica opened for Gn'R.  Metallica diehards used to say "co-headlined."  Don't recall if that's how it was promo'd.  To argue that Gn'R would not have headlined U.S. stadiums without Metallica that summer (the summer after UYI were released) is simply contrarian.  And it attempts to prove a negative.  The fact remains that the UYI tour was the last time Gn'R headlined U.S. stadiums.

Slash (and Duff) make everything better measured by U.S. stadium ticket sales.  This fact devolves into personalized attacks by contrarians and revisionists.  In essence:  "Personal insult, personal insult.  And Gn'R only headlined U.S. stadiums because Metallica opened."  When one notes that the current drummer sets a faster pace, he's set upon with more personal attacks.  To paraphrase another poster, anyone with a set of ears can hear it.  Contrarians proceed to bully said poster.  It?s humorous, in a sense, as back in the day before the net fans debated whether Axl was just a studio singer as he could not vocally reproduce to some?s liking on stage.  It was common knowledge that he never sound checked as we waited outside to rush the field (or floor), so many found his complaints about the monitors ruining his voice/the show convenient excuses.  To me, fans arguing such were outrageous, but many treated it as demonstrable fact after late starts became the norm and after the riots, esp. the one in Montreal.  In any event, this was no cause to demean and disrespect those fans.  Perhaps decorum and personal dignity in the next generation of fans has gone the way of rock music/industry as a whole.

To answer your question, why not, it could happen.  New(er) straight ahead rock bands/my faves on Octane never seem to break out and tour only arenas in the U.S.  Untold numbers turned their backs on Gn'R by the late nineties, but perhaps those numbers will be replaced by a younger generation?  Seems unlikely in the absence of new material and given ticket pricing, but who knows?  My friends have flatly rejected the singer, so have zero interest in the partial reunion?hence my (and likely many others?) return to the online forums.  But the contrarianism and personalized attacks from a handful trivializes the experience, and likely drive returning (and perhaps new) fans away from online forums, particularly first generation fans who are too old to tolerate personal insults.

With Duff n? Slash, Gn?R is headlining U.S. stadiums again for the first time in a generation!  Duff, Slash and Axl are rocking this summer and beyond!  And I believe, for other reasons, that this trio has a surprise or two in store for fans...

8.30.88 Pocono Downs
6.11.91 Hershey
12.6.02 Philly riot
11.20.11 Mohegan Sun
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 27 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: