Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 10:55:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228107 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  [UPDATES] April 8, 2016 ? T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 Go Down Print
Author Topic: [UPDATES] April 8, 2016 ? T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas  (Read 185575 times)
sandman
Legend

« Reply #940 on: April 09, 2016, 05:58:56 PM »

Last night was one of the most incredible nights of my life. The anticipation was overwhelming. Hung out at the outdoor brew pub right along the walkway to the tmobile. Perfect preshow hangout spot. Met tons of cool people who traveled from all over the world (sweden, ireland, england, chile, argentina, and all over the U.S.)

Seeing this band play those songs was surreal. I've seen a number of people comment about getting a little teary-eyed watching it, and i'm right there with ya! It really stirs up some powerful emotions seeing this band. Their dedication to this is so apparent. This is not some BS nostalgia tour or a cash grab. They are laser focused and putting on an incredible show.

Axl's voice was powerful and its clear he is feeding off of slash and duff and the others. They r inspiring each other. Slash was absolutely amazing. Hearing him slay these songs and putting his take on them is so freakin entertaining. Duff sounded great and was bringing the energy. All 3 are true legends. Fortus totally belongs on that stage with these guys. He is so talented. Frank is a great drummer. Dizzy is doing his thing. He's a fixture on that stage. And Melissa brings a fresh vibe to the whole show which is really cool to see.

To the whole band....THANK YOU!!!!

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #941 on: April 09, 2016, 06:10:44 PM »

Recap from Eddie Trunk, there might be some interviews when the time is right:

Guns n? Roses officially kicked off their reunion last night here in Vegas at the all new beautiful T Mobile arena. Guns the second band ever to play the newest Vegas venue. Locals The Killers opened it earlier in the week. I spent a bunch of time outside the building before the show. I wanted to soak up the old school vibe of people partying and getting pumped for a show. And it really was like that. Of course it?s Vegas so there is booze everywhere and a good time at every turn, perfect for GnR! Tickets had doors at 8, Alice In Chains at 9:30. AIC hit at 10 and went till 11. Guns went on at Midnight and played until after 2A. Not an empty seat to be found in the building!

As many know Axl broke his foot last week and was forced to play the entire show seated. Tough to imagine a front man like Axl who is known for working a stage restricted like that, but I gotta say he pulled it off as best as he could. He used the actual chair Dave Grohl used when he broke his leg (when I went backstage after the show I saw Dave, he was there, and told him he should trademark it!). Axl would hop off from time to time but for the most part rocked it seated on his Grohl throne or at the piano for a few songs. It was different but he actually made it work and the crowd was supportive. He will likely be in this cast through Coachella as well. He sang maybe the best he has in ages! Maybe not running around gave him more steam? Because he nailed every song!

Richard Fortus, Dizzy Reed, and Frank Ferrer were in top form. These guys have been part of the GnR family for a while and it was cool to see them on stage with Duff, Slash and Axl. It seemed like a great fit all the way around. The new keyboard player (Melissa, sorry forgot last name) also did a nice job. Will we see Izzy and or Adler at some point in all of this? It wouldn?t surprise me at all, and I hope we do. But this entire thing is clearly built around the reunion of Slash, Duff and Axl and seeing them all together and playing these songs was at times surreal. Who would have ever dreamed of seeing Slash and Axl smiling and rocking like no time had passed? Amazing! Honestly everyone played brilliantly, Axl sang so well, and there was true rock mania in the air. And if you are a fan of Guns or not that is a great thing for our music! I posted the set list on my Twitter as well as a bunch of photos. The set will change from show to show some. The stage set will also be different for the stadium run. If anyone tries to tell you rock is dead, they are clueless.. what happened last night in Vegas was epic and proved it is more than alive and well when played so well by bands and lineups people want to see.

I spent time talking with just about everyone in the band. Including chatting with Axl for a bit early early this morning (photos on my social media pages). We had a great talk and discussed some things I can?t share for now.. But he did tell me he would like to do another interview with me soon. Having had him on my radio show and TV show I appreciate his offer greatly and when he?s ready there is much to cover! I?ll let you know about that. A huge thanks to all the Guns members and their camps. Especially Duff (who gave me killer seats) and Slash. I might try and hit some of show 2 tonight in Vegas. Follow on Twitter @EddieTrunk for me. and if in Vegas now come meet me at Franklin Lounge in Delano 4-6PM today!

http://eddietrunk.com/49-guns-n-roses-recap-of-night-1/

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
jamillos22
Rocker

« Reply #942 on: April 09, 2016, 06:32:45 PM »

Whatever happened to Kurt Loder?

Hell has frozen over.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #943 on: April 09, 2016, 06:38:09 PM »

Retired

Edit: I think...
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 06:39:40 PM by Spirit » Logged

Sweetness is a virtue
jamillos22
Rocker

« Reply #944 on: April 09, 2016, 06:44:23 PM »

Retired

Oh. Bummer.

Hell has frozen over.
jamillos22
Rocker

« Reply #945 on: April 09, 2016, 06:45:10 PM »

Another from MyGNR:

The force is very strong with this one
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 06:47:16 PM by jamillos22 » Logged

Hell has frozen over.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #946 on: April 09, 2016, 06:46:10 PM »

Retired

Oh. Bummer.

I just checked up on him, seems like he's doing some movie reviews and maybe some entertainment news in general.

I don't think he's a current music journalist.

Sweetness is a virtue
Sosso
VIP

Your Pong is no match for my Ping!

« Reply #947 on: April 09, 2016, 06:52:05 PM »

https://youtube.com/watch?v=mE6xu3M0-1k

I love that version from KOHD. Terrific solos from Slash and Richard  peace

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
jamillos22
Rocker

« Reply #948 on: April 09, 2016, 06:55:30 PM »

Retired

Oh. Bummer.

I just checked up on him, seems like he's doing some movie reviews and maybe some entertainment news in general.

Oh my god, here I go with the "age" thing again, but... I just googled him, and I remember him from like Mtv 2002, and according to wiki he?s 71 years old now, and I can?t believe that, and it wasn?t such a long time ago now was it, and I?m fucked.

Edit: No shit. 71.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 06:59:28 PM by jamillos22 » Logged

Hell has frozen over.
Sosso
VIP

Your Pong is no match for my Ping!

« Reply #949 on: April 09, 2016, 07:02:27 PM »

Eddie Trunk is the new Kurt Loder  Wink

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #950 on: April 09, 2016, 07:23:44 PM »

Back in the day Axl would have just cancelled.

I've seen it all now.

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
Factory Girl
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #951 on: April 09, 2016, 07:28:40 PM »

Retired

Oh. Bummer.

Oh my god, here I go with the "age" thing again, but... I just googled him, and I remember him from like Mtv 2002, and according to wiki he?s 71 years old now, and I can?t believe that, and it wasn?t such a long time ago now was it, and I?m fucked.

Edit: No shit. 71.

It's great that you remember him from 2002. I remember him from 1991.  crying
Johnnyblood
VIP

Nothing.

« Reply #952 on: April 09, 2016, 07:58:02 PM »

Back in the day Axl would have just cancelled.

I've seen it all now.

Not true. The exact same thing happened in before the UYI tour in 1991. He injured his foot in a warmup show at the Ritz. Did not cancel the first show of the tour (thank God because I was there) and played the first several in a cast. I'm surprised this deja vu hasn't been mentioned yet. Only difference is last time it was a walking cast.

I've seen enough.
danrose51705
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #953 on: April 09, 2016, 07:58:46 PM »

This new guy slash is pretty pretty good  lmao   Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley
dmathski
Rocker

« Reply #954 on: April 09, 2016, 08:11:06 PM »

This new guy slash is pretty pretty good  lmao   Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

Ya I think he's a keeper   beer

August 3, 1991  Inglewood, CA. The Forum

September 30, 1992    San Diego, CA. Jack Murphy Stadium

December 31, 2001  Las Vegas, NV. The Joint

August 22, 2016 San Diego, CA. Qualcomm Sstadium
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #955 on: April 09, 2016, 08:24:52 PM »

A great atmosphere shot! From NY Times.

Sweetness is a virtue
Classic Case
Rocker

I know that I'm a classic case

« Reply #956 on: April 09, 2016, 08:35:21 PM »

Slash's take on TIL it's amazing , I love the solo, it's so GnR, that is my opinion, and no i'm not an obsessed Slash fan.
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #957 on: April 09, 2016, 08:45:59 PM »

Hey Guys, This Version Brain Remixes Huh Amazing MELISSA & SLASH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceIIov7ptYc

love

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #958 on: April 09, 2016, 08:52:15 PM »

Hey Guys, This Version Brain Remixes Huh Amazing MELISSA & SLASH

I'm guessing it's a new intro they've come up with during rehearsals.

Sweetness is a virtue
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #959 on: April 09, 2016, 09:00:45 PM »

Its been mentioned before, but a big takeaway I get from this show is how much better the backing vocals are now.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: