Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 03, 2024, 12:34:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228145 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Presale experiences: Fan Club vs. Citi vs. Facebook
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Presale experiences: Fan Club vs. Citi vs. Facebook  (Read 21060 times)
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2016, 12:27:09 PM »

I'm not too happy with the pre-sale.  I might have purchased the Nightrain membership if there wasn't a 2 ticket limit. In total, there are 5 people going so I couldn't get it. I tried today with the Citi pre sale, but my childhood friend and I both are not Citibank customers so we couldn't complete the purchase. I miss the old days of just going to the mall and buying the tickets there.
killjoy
Opening Act

« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2016, 12:49:14 PM »

I was looking for good lower bowl tickets to the Detroit show @ the $150 level through the fan club presale -- and that worked out great.  Section 107, row 4, isle seats!  cha-ching!

I also tried this morning in the Citi pre-sale to score decent seats to the Chicago show in the $69 or $99 level.  Wasted an hour of my life I want back!  I had 3 browsers going concurrently from the second the pre-sale started -- all ticket offers were simply not worth it IMO.  All were in the opposite end of the football stadium (opposite end zone)... or 3rd tier/bowl on the back corners.  Simply not worth $120 ($99 + fees) + 8 hours of driving.  Citi was a waste of time for the Chicago show, tho I did see $250 GA tickets (no interest personally).

Will try the FB presale, and general sale too.   
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2016, 12:52:00 PM »

The first day of the nightrain presale got me the best tickets I've ever had in a presale

Same for me, but it was hard and stressful. I want through a lot of shit and many, many tries. I blame Ticketmaster more than the Fan Club.
And yes, I am encountering a 2 week delay for the delivery of my e-ticket thanks to Ticketmaster. Ticketmaster is pure evil.

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
cappy p
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2016, 12:55:23 PM »

Nightrain pre sale got me as much ticket as I could afford. Satisfied customer.
GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2016, 01:05:15 PM »

Be happy with what you are able to get thru the fan club or citi or whoever because if you don't have either and have to wait for general sales if you see what tickets are going for on stub hub its insane
TheRaven
Rocker

« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2016, 01:24:26 PM »

Just got my tickets using the Citi presale. Woohoo, can't wait to see them in Phoenix.
AnnieUK
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2016, 01:27:09 PM »

I would like to say how bitterly disappointed I am with the fiasco that happened Saturday with the pre-sale. I first saw Guns in the '90's so I am not a newbie to buying tickets to see them. I joined Nightrain at the very start, over 4 years ago and purchased tickets through them for previous tours with no problems. As soon as I knew Ticketmaster had taken over I knew there would be trouble. So Saturday I waited for the pre-sale to start, (I live in the UK but wanted to see them in New Jersey),every time on the computer 'we cannot process your option' after using various mobile phones and laptops I came away with nothing after trying for 3 hours. Strangely enough on Stubhub as I was trying for my tickets there were tickets on sale for up to $10,000. I am glad I didn't book my hotel or flights as now I have to wait for a European tour. So wanted to see them in the USA.
Some kind soul gave me his Citi code to use today and I was straight in, I could have up to 8 tickets and I was offered section 1, all was okay until checkout as you need a citi card. I will try again on Friday but don't have much hope left. Nightrain has let us down badly and now the sharks that are Ticketmaster have taken over it doesn't bode well.
GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2016, 01:53:22 PM »

Looks like Citi got all of the end zone center seats at my venue, while nightrain would only give me corner despite being the same price.

Not really fan club friendly, imo.

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
Madman 666
Opening Act

« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2016, 01:53:49 PM »

Used Citi Presale Got Second row aisle in the priciest 100 section, but the one half way back from the stage.  Those were the first ones to come up so I didnt want to chance it and get jack shit if I tried again.  After I spent $566 bucks, I went back and looked again and it looks like I could have gotten two sections closer.  Kinda pissed about that.  My section is only about 20 feet from a section that would have saved me $200

Had a bad experience with a band that plays in a theatre only a few months ago.  All of the presale seats were crap so thats why I went with what I got for GNR.

GunnerOne 84
VIP

« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2016, 02:17:28 PM »

Looks like Citi got all of the end zone center seats at my venue, while nightrain would only give me corner despite being the same price.

Not really fan club friendly, imo.

Also, ticketmaster won't exchange them even with a code and a card because they aren't on general sale yet.

MNGS717
Rocker

« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2016, 02:17:41 PM »

I had some issues Saturday morning with the fan club presale but finally got through for the DC show!  Was on Firefox browser trying multiple windows and reloading a bunch of times and nothing!!  Same thing for all other dates.  It just said "SEARCHING...SIT TIGHT" over and over again.  I realize tickets can come up later if they are not paid for by someone but this was hard to believe.  Around 10:45am I switched to Google Chrome and right away tickets were showing up for sale.  First time I pulled row 16 in the front and then Row 11.  The third time it said GA PIT which I bought a pair immediately for $290 each.
Wish I could buy another pair of tickets through Nightrain.  Just one more pair!!! hahaa Can't afford any more Pit tickets but seats I want for Philly are not near the front but still have a good view.  There are still a bunch of Nightrain only tickets on the maps.  You have to buy the Nightrain membership on the Ticketmaster site and it's added onto the ticket cost.  It comes out to $250 for the pair I want but I can't buy them because of the 2 ticket per year fan club limit.  Hoping my friend can buy them very soon( edit: OK he just bought them now!!).  It is good they are requiring Nightrain membership for a lot of tickets.  This will help cut down on scalpers and cancel their orders.  
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 02:50:13 PM by MNGS717 » Logged

12/6/02 Philly
11/20/11 Wilkes-Barre,PA
2/23/12 Silver Spring, MD
5/13/14 Bethlehem,PA
6/26/16 Landover,Md
7/14/16 Philly
8/13/17 Hershey
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2016, 02:53:18 PM »

I would like to say how bitterly disappointed I am with the fiasco that happened Saturday with the pre-sale. I first saw Guns in the '90's so I am not a newbie to buying tickets to see them. I joined Nightrain at the very start, over 4 years ago and purchased tickets through them for previous tours with no problems. As soon as I knew Ticketmaster had taken over I knew there would be trouble. So Saturday I waited for the pre-sale to start, (I live in the UK but wanted to see them in New Jersey),every time on the computer 'we cannot process your option' after using various mobile phones and laptops I came away with nothing after trying for 3 hours. Strangely enough on Stubhub as I was trying for my tickets there were tickets on sale for up to $10,000. I am glad I didn't book my hotel or flights as now I have to wait for a European tour. So wanted to see them in the USA.
Some kind soul gave me his Citi code to use today and I was straight in, I could have up to 8 tickets and I was offered section 1, all was okay until checkout as you need a citi card. I will try again on Friday but don't have much hope left. Nightrain has let us down badly and now the sharks that are Ticketmaster have taken over it doesn't bode well.

I had the same problem.

might be worth you checking the facebook pre sale option on thursday, that's what i'm now hoping will work.

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
Bubba St. Rose II
Opening Act

« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2016, 02:55:02 PM »

I've never had a ticket pre sale that has worked smoothly. There's always some BS or they have bad tickets. And I feel bad for all of you had bad experiences but if you come from my generation you have to appreciate online services like Ticketmaster or fan clubs. For my first GNR concert in 1991 we had to call on the phone and the line would be busy for 10 minutes straight and when it finally rang and you got through you'd sit on hold. Then you'd finally talk to a human and he'd say, if you were lucky, there were a couple tickets left behind the stage in the obstructed view section. lol. hihi So I'm pretty happy with my tickets despite the fact that I had the spinning wheel of death and had to try the computer, my phone and then eventually my App to get my tickets.
Ja5oN
Rocker

Maybe I'll get it right next time

« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2016, 03:00:59 PM »

Couple people now have mentioned Chrome being superior to Firefox in terms of getting through the "waiting" phase of finding tickets on Ticketmaster.....I am wondering if this is true?

Toronto11/29/02 Ottawa11/17/06 London2/25/10
Vegas11/23&24/12 Toronto7/15/13(mic) Vegas5/28(whistle),30&31/14
Toronto7/16/16 Montreal 8/19/17 Ottawa 8/21/17
Toronto 10/29&30/17
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2016, 03:16:47 PM »

Couple people now have mentioned Chrome being superior to Firefox in terms of getting through the "waiting" phase of finding tickets on Ticketmaster.....I am wondering if this is true?

No. Worked half the time for me. The only time I didn't have an issue was with my iPhone browser.
MNGS717
Rocker

« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2016, 03:23:34 PM »

Not sure but next time will def start with Chrome!  Chrome was also the only way I could sign into gunsnroses.com until it changed over recently.  It took Wonder Union a week or longer to figure that out I should not use Firefox anymore.  

12/6/02 Philly
11/20/11 Wilkes-Barre,PA
2/23/12 Silver Spring, MD
5/13/14 Bethlehem,PA
6/26/16 Landover,Md
7/14/16 Philly
8/13/17 Hershey
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2016, 03:40:29 PM »

How easy has it been to get GA standing tickets? (I'm thinking WAY ahead, for if they come t Europe, but it would be interesting to know).

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
sandman
Legend

« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2016, 03:40:48 PM »

I just got my tix for Philly through the Citi presale. when I tried this morning, i got in right away, but I was getting crappy seats. waited a bit and then the map option was available so I could see exactly what was available. it worked out well cause me and my buddy were on the phone together and were able to get 12 tickets in one row. we're in Section 120, row 2. pretty good seats...1st level about 2 sections from the stage. I'm psyched!

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
GunnerOne 84
VIP

« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2016, 03:53:55 PM »

I just got my tix for Philly through the Citi presale. when I tried this morning, i got in right away, but I was getting crappy seats. waited a bit and then the map option was available so I could see exactly what was available. it worked out well cause me and my buddy were on the phone together and were able to get 12 tickets in one row. we're in Section 120, row 2. pretty good seats...1st level about 2 sections from the stage. I'm psyched!

The map thing is pretty cool. I'm going to call in again at 10 on Friday and see if I can just move then.

schnoogans37
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2016, 04:00:24 PM »

How easy has it been to get GA standing tickets? (I'm thinking WAY ahead, for if they come t Europe, but it would be interesting to know).

So far it's been about like winning the lottery to score a GA ticket.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: