Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 06:21:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Describe this moment, this day... this time...
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Describe this moment, this day... this time...  (Read 11233 times)
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« on: April 01, 2016, 09:57:37 AM »

I've been pretty critical of Guns N' Roses post 1997, which is fine right? But I've been dis-respectful to them in some ways. I just wanted to say to everyone here, sorry if I offended you. I'm going to attempt to be more tasteful in what I say. I am a passionate person, and sometimes I go over the top. I do still like "CD" and what Nu Gn'R did. They were really good.

ANYWAYS

Onto the current news, and buzz... what does this feel like? It's more than likely going to happen tonight? Just sum it all up in this 1 thread. Just crazy right?

Tonight... for the very first time, Axl/Slash on the stage for the first time in almost 23 years. NUTS!

Considerig it's April Fools, Adler's band cancelled, I personally think we'll see the AFD 5 tonight in a full concert for the first time since April of 1990. This is going to be incredible!!! Whoever is there, it will be incredible though! I personally want the AFD 5 there for this special warm up gig, if it indeed proves to be true. (I think we can all feel that it is)

So what is your feelings? The board is already starting to buzz some. Fun times. I almost just can't believe it. I'm pretty excited. Life is good, things are good. Can't complain. I truly never thought I'd see this happen... I always thought if even Axl/Slash do get together it'd be in their 60s and one off or a small tour at best. If ever.

This feels bigger than that. This feels larger than life.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 01:30:22 PM by Thorned Rose » Logged

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2016, 10:01:50 AM »

I'm just cumming  shitting pissing my pants all togheter
Koek
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2016, 10:02:59 AM »

Excited like a rofl little child!!!
Thorned Rose
Legend

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2016, 10:04:38 AM »

Yeah it's really cool they are doing this special show, I know it isn't "the first" or whatever, but since its such a small, limited capacity gig.... the chances of getting in are very very slim.

So in reality, Vegas is still the first gig. So for me that will still probably have all the bells and whistles, tonight will be just a rock fest in a small club. Still super cool. I just hope people that are going to Vegas aren't upset. They shouldn't be.

But don't damn me
demarz
Opening Act

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2016, 10:06:07 AM »

Unbelievably excited!  Sitting in an office in London trying unsuccessfully to get some work done!! Keep checking Google/twitter/Facebook/Here etc every few minutes!  And you know what, I'm not at all jealous of anyone in LA right now - too excited for that!! Can't wait to hear what happens!
nick6sic6
VIP

Kindness is a treasure

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2016, 10:08:37 AM »

Pissed off !  Sad
Because I'm pretty far away.

Athens 1993,
Lisbon 2006,
Athens 2006,
Belgrade 2010,
Basel 2012,
Sofia 2012
Stockholm 2017
Prague 2022
Athens 2023
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2016, 10:09:45 AM »

Crazy excited.

Like, just had my murder conviction overturned level excited.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Thorned Rose
Legend

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2016, 10:09:46 AM »

Unbelievably excited!  Sitting in an office in London trying unsuccessfully to get some work done!! Keep checking Google/twitter/Facebook/Here etc every few minutes!  And you know what, I'm not at all jealous of anyone in LA right now - too excited for that!! Can't wait to hear what happens!

Right. Me too. It's hard to think about much else than this show/tour etc...

I'm happy for them. I'd love to be there, but just can't be. Who cares? It's a great time to be alive and be a fan of Gn'R!!! I hope people have a killer time! I hope they play a new song, and its the AFD 5, and they announce a new BEST OF double album with 2 new songs...

and they take requests and it goes 3 hours... I hope all of that happens! lol I know I'm being crazy but I just hope people really enjoy it, as it will be special.

But don't damn me
Thorned Rose
Legend

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2016, 10:12:07 AM »

Crazy excited.

Like, just had my murder conviction overturned level excited.

This is pretty funny! For me, it would be like... meeting Axl/Slash together and have them sign something for me in person, at the same time... and get a pic between the two of them.

Then jizzing as the flash hits.. lol

But don't damn me
lostdream
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2016, 11:24:35 AM »

Excited as...%#!! 😂
I have always hated the "fight" - the fan and camp fight you know - Axl vs. Slash etc.
Hell has frozen over - I love it. I love that I WILL still survive GA without a cane 😉💃
I would gladly take all the money off my bank account to just be there.
I don't "know" any member - I am well aware "it's only rock n roll". Just a band.
But I grew up loving them. In my heart it feels like meeting old childhood friends.
I will definitely visit as many european shows as possible.
🎸👍💃

...We take for granted we know the whole story. We judge a book by its cover and read what we want between selected lines...
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2016, 11:36:29 AM »

I'm as excited now as I was the first time I saw GNR. That was one of the first shows of the Buckethead 'comeback' era, and before the internet was so mainstream so we didn't know exactly what to expect. I was in at the front, and waiting. And waiting. When they walked onstage, it really was incredible.
I was slightly too young to have seen them on the Illusion tour, despite being a huge fan, parents didn't think I was old enough to go. At age 9/10/11 they were probably right on that one unfortunately, but I did get to buy all the tour t shirts!

That was such a rush finally seeing them. I feel the same about this, assuming I do get to see them. They're my band. The son of one of my Mum's friends came to visit with his Mum and he asked me to come upstairs, said he had something for me. It was a poor quality taped copy of 'Get In The Ring'. I put it in, he told me to play it quietly in case our parents heard. From that moment, that was it. They were my band. Obsessed.

I went to the local record shop and (get this) removed all the advisory stickers that were on the Illusion albums, in case my parents saw and stopped me buying it. The next day I went back with my parents, asked for my money, and bought Illusion 2. They looked at it, didn't pass much comment, and I had it!

I'm sure kids now don't have that total rush of immersion in a world alien to their parents (despite the fact my parents saw most of the greats and actually probably wouldn't have been too shocked at all by the album) and something that felt dangerous and exciting. I still get that same thrill hearing them to this day.

No scenesters, hipsters, band wagon jumpers, fashion followers, can ever take that feeling away and will ever know what it feels like.

The best band in the world.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
lostdream
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2016, 11:56:02 AM »

I now "officially" beheaded a bottle of fine Roederer Cristal.
Cheers! 😘👍💃

...We take for granted we know the whole story. We judge a book by its cover and read what we want between selected lines...
amac
Opening Act

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2016, 12:17:09 PM »

All I can say is, I'm at work, yet nothing is getting done. This is something I have been waiting for for as long as I can remember!
Thorned Rose
Legend

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2016, 12:23:02 PM »

For me, I didn't get into Gn'R until the summer of 2000, my dad had AFD on CD, and I accidentally discovered it. I started doing workouts to "Paradise City" and some of the other songs.

The only songs I recognized were "Sweet Child O' Mine" and "Welcome to the Jungle". Since then, I've bought every book, lots of magazines.. all the cds obviously, got to see them live once time in Nu Gn'R form, and it was fantastic. The guys played the songs just brilliant. 'This I Love" is up there with anything they've done.

I never got to see the original lineup. Sucks. Maybe I can get 3/5 of it, or whatever is confirmed. Really wish Izzy was in there with Steven, but I'll take whatever.

When I got into them, Slash's Snakepit was doing that "Ain't Life Grand" album. Found this site then, and been here ever since. What a time!!! Thank God!

But don't damn me
SOLGER
Rocker

LIVE N? LET DIE

« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2016, 12:27:17 PM »

THIS IS HOW I FUCKING FEEL!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKJtT1LHmTY

Live N' Let Die
Thorned Rose
Legend

« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2016, 12:29:30 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdoPn-viVmM

go to 42 seconds into this video and watch.... this is how I feel right now... lmao

But don't damn me
Thorned Rose
Legend

« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2016, 12:31:51 PM »

And this is perfect to anyone that previously...

had stated... "yeah man Axl and Slash will get back together"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZulb74xEIc

that is usually the feeling I thought and felt... and the general "no way in hell" thing.

lmao that video is crazy.

I feel like I'm crazy that this is happening, such toxic feelings... and here we are.... so glad I'm wrong, and the rest of the world is wrong.

GnF'nR

But don't damn me
McGann
Haiku writing motherfucker
VIP

My hat is HEAVY-DUTY tinfoil

« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2016, 12:34:47 PM »

***Haiku mode OFF***

I posted this in a different thread then saw this one and I feel it's more appropriate here.  My apologies for double-dipping...I hope you don't mind.

***Haiku mode ON***

It's honesty time.
I am an Axl Rose mark.
He IS Guns to me.

All iterations
Of the Guns phenomenon
Have excited me.

I didn't miss Slash
Or Stephen, Duff, or Izzy
At all, to speak truth.

And "reunion" talk
Simply slid off of my back
McGann gave no fucks.

And then...and then...this.
I had never suspected
How much I would feel.

Crazy excitement
As the next chapter begins...
Our boys are back home.

I hate being wrong
Most of all about myself
But, now, I'm smiling!

Memories kindled
Passion I'd not known had dimmed
Now back.  Guns is home.

Splash

/Mike

"When fascism came to America, it was called 'Political Correctness' and waved a culturally relative flag."
-Mike McGann
Thorned Rose
Legend

« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2016, 12:37:10 PM »

Fucking fever pitch people....

650+ on this forum... right here, right now.

Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GUNS N FUCKING ROSES

But don't damn me
Thorned Rose
Legend

« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2016, 12:43:38 PM »

Pushing 700+ online!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

G n F'n R

But don't damn me
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: