Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 06:29:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  G N' R Play Troubadour Friday, April 1, 2016: Axl, Slash & Duff Reunited
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 92 Go Down Print
Author Topic: G N' R Play Troubadour Friday, April 1, 2016: Axl, Slash & Duff Reunited  (Read 360206 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #1600 on: April 02, 2016, 07:40:34 PM »

Show #1 is done and Double Talkin' Jive and New Rose has been brought back in a setlist specially made for a club show I assume.

I think this bodes well for the full production shows in terms of bringing back more stuff.

I hope we'll get to hear:

Perfect Crime
Dead Horse
Coma
Breakdown
Pretty Tied Up
Move To The City
Human Being
Ain't It Fun

If i am in a building, and they play coma, live, i will legit lose my shit.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1601 on: April 02, 2016, 07:41:19 PM »

Just...incredible...What a great, great time for GNR and GNR fans.

Can't get over it ....

Fucking love the lineup... Axl sounds amazing. This band is going to dominate the rock scene this summer and hopefully for the foreseeable future. I see new music coming too!

I didn't think anything could get me more stoked for Vegas. Boy was I wrong....
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1602 on: April 02, 2016, 07:42:13 PM »

Show #1 is done and Double Talkin' Jive and New Rose has been brought back in a setlist specially made for a club show I assume.

I think this bodes well for the full production shows in terms of bringing back more stuff.

Perfect Crime
Dead Horse
Coma
Breakdown
Pretty Tied Up
Move To The City
Human Being
Ain't It Fun

And Don't Damn Me. One of my favourite GnR tracks and it's never been played live

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
Sosso
VIP

Your Pong is no match for my Ping!

« Reply #1603 on: April 02, 2016, 07:42:30 PM »

I'm pretty sure that they will play songs like Street of Dreams, Catcher in the Rye and This I Love at the next concerts. And hopefully some rare songs from UYI I and II.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 07:46:24 PM by Sosso » Logged

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
Kasanova King
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1604 on: April 02, 2016, 07:45:24 PM »

Perfect Crime
Dead Horse
Coma
Breakdown
Pretty Tied Up
Move To The City
Human Being
Ain't It Fun

I agree, that was an all-rocker setlist, which fell in line with the entire nostalgia of the day with the line at Tower Records/Pop up display/secret show at the Troubadour theme.

Although we may hear most of those songs during the tour, I expect never in that order again and with about another dozen or so songs added...and of course, them mixing it up quite a bit along the way.

-KK
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #1605 on: April 02, 2016, 07:46:15 PM »

It's on the top of 90% of people's wish list I think. It would be insanity.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #1606 on: April 02, 2016, 07:47:16 PM »

:Coma, Breakdown, Don't Damn Me, Move to the City, I would love to hear live and like Pilferk I would loose my shit over Coma!! yes beer drool

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
Kasanova King
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1607 on: April 02, 2016, 07:47:52 PM »

Not sure if it was mentioned or not, rumor is they sound checked parts if it.

-KK
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #1608 on: April 02, 2016, 07:49:06 PM »

Perfect Crime
Dead Horse
Coma
Breakdown
Pretty Tied Up
Move To The City
Human Being
Ain't It Fun

And Don't Damn Me. One of my favourite GnR tracks and it's never been played live

I mentioned Human Being in my list, but realistically I could have left it off as I did with Don't Damn Me.

Don't Damn Me is one of their greatest songs, but like Human Being it'll be a real challenge for Axl to sing those songs. No time to breathe.

Sweetness is a virtue
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #1609 on: April 02, 2016, 07:51:09 PM »

Not sure if it was mentioned or not, rumor is they sound checked parts if it.

Ah man... as if the waiting time for the next shows wasn't long enough already.

Sweetness is a virtue
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #1610 on: April 02, 2016, 07:54:21 PM »

Great review by Chuerta86 @ MyGNR. Notice he talks about rumor of Coma in the rehearsals.

Anyway, just short notes, don't read if you don't want spoilers...I guess

Axl sounded AMAZING, probably the best I've heard him since 2010
Axl was full of smiles, really moving, dancing and just looked like a new person, so full of confidence.
A lot of exchanges between Duff and Axl
Duff laughing at Axl jokes reference to this being the first show in 23 years (people were loud and couldn't hear much)
Slash was on fire, not many exchanges with Axl at first but midway through the end they also exchanged laughs, got close together and hug in the end
Fortus was fun to see, played Bumbleefoots arpeggios in Better while Slash did his take on the solo
The band did a jam before Better, at first I thought it was a new song, but eventually it turned into Better. I did not hear the intro lick just the intro chorus being sung mostly by Duff. Perhaps someone else who was there can address that. To me it sounded pretty good though.
Slash didn't seem to like Chinese Democracy, perhaps it was me but he looked bored. As an editorial, I felt this song doesn't suit Slash style. I would have imagined Street of Dreams would more suitable.
She-Pitman (Melissa Reese) was pretty cool and fun to watch, she was doing backing vocals, and seemed to also do samples but I couldn't really hear anything.
Axl fell on his back but kept smiling and singing during Mr. Brownstone, his pants also had  a huge hole.
DOUBLE TALKING JIVE!!! Nuff said
New Rose was also a nice surprise!
Frank sounded better than the other times, still missing the Adler feel, but he was solid. Perhaps it was the venue, the excitement or adrenaline. His drum set also looked smaller and much simpler.
The Godfather with the full band was EPIC. Slash started it, followed by Dizzy on piano and then the rest of the band it led into SWOM
Not sure if it was intentional or not but the end of SCOM sounded just a tad different, I think Duff played an off note.
It definitely was my best GnR experience, it was a historical night. What better place to see a rebirth of GnR of sorts in a place that hold so much history. I think we can expect surprises live in terms of songs; it was reported that Coma was played during soundcheck, I did not hear it so take it for what it is. That with the inclusion of Double Talking Jive I think they will be playing more deep cuts and stuff they havent touched in years. I would not be surprised if they add Perfect Crime.

Vegas be ready because your ass is going to get kicked hard.

Celebrities that i remember:  Nicholas Cage, Jim Carrey, Rocket Raccoon, Lenny Kravitz and Daryl Dixon.

(...)

Also, Axl introduced everyone including Melissa Reese during the intros. Duff and Slash both interacted with her during the show and at the end when bowing down Slash was reaching out for her. No sign of Pitman, it's safe to say she will in the stadium tour. She was moving around a lot. Pitman never stood out to me, actually, I had no idea he was even there the times I saw GnR.

Also, they didn't play the sampled intro to Chinese, Slash went straight to the intro riff.

Source: http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/214419-guns-n-roses-play-troubadour-los-angeles-friday-april-1-2016-axl-slash-duff-reunited/&do=findComment&comment=4128338

Bazfreak
VIP

Wololoo

« Reply #1611 on: April 02, 2016, 07:55:19 PM »

I would pick Locomotive over Coma easily!

14/apr/2010 @Apoteose Rio | 02/oct/2011 @Rock in Rio 2011 | 20/mar/2014 @HSBC Arena Rio | 12/nov/2016 @Alllianz Park S?o Paulo | 15/nov/2016 @Est?dio Engenh?o Rio | 23/sep/2017 @ Rock in Rio 2017
Johnnyblood
VIP

Nothing.

« Reply #1612 on: April 02, 2016, 08:03:38 PM »

Wonders never cease! Yay Axl for moving on. So happy for the guys. I read Duff's and Slash's books last year, and it made me really sad about how things fell apart. They fought so hard to start the band. I hope this works. Smiley

I've seen enough.
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1613 on: April 02, 2016, 08:15:25 PM »

Perfect Crime
Dead Horse
Coma
Breakdown
Pretty Tied Up
Move To The City
Human Being
Ain't It Fun

I mentioned Human Being in my list, but realistically I could have left it off as I did with Don't Damn Me.

Don't Damn Me is one of their greatest songs, but like Human Being it'll be a real challenge for Axl to sing those songs. No time to breathe.

I don't know about that, I think Don't Damn Me would be handy enough song to sing live. I'd love to hear Axl's thoughts on why they never performed such a killer track

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
BillBailey702
Headliner

« Reply #1614 on: April 02, 2016, 08:33:06 PM »

BEST FUCKING FOOTAGE SO FAR!!  beer beer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ARjFgSjySA

The person axl is pointing up to is Jim Carey, amazing moment

Minnesota 10-14-02
Hammerstein 5-14-06
Las Vegas  9-16-06
Las Vegas  9-17-06
Las Vegas 4-8-16
Las Vegas 4-9-16
Mexico City 4-19-16
Mexico City 4-20-16
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #1615 on: April 02, 2016, 08:37:05 PM »

Yeah Slash brings just an auroa of coolness and chill to the stage...

He just adds so much. As it was still evident from the footage. Bucket, Ashba, Thal... Finck were all good guitarists, but not great.

Slash simply was just "good" outside of Gn'R, Slash and Axl together truly sum up what Gn'R are and always will be.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
Johnnyblood
VIP

Nothing.

« Reply #1616 on: April 02, 2016, 08:40:28 PM »

Perfect Crime
Dead Horse
Coma
Breakdown
Pretty Tied Up
Move To The City
Human Being
Ain't It Fun

I don't know about that, I think Don't Damn Me would be handy enough song to sing live. I'd love to hear Axl's thoughts on why they never performed such a killer track

I think both DDM and HB would be physically tough to do live. There isn't much space to grab air between the lines. I'd love to hear Breakdown--my choice for the top moment on UYI.

I've seen enough.
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #1617 on: April 02, 2016, 08:46:50 PM »

BEST FUCKING FOOTAGE SO FAR!!  beer beer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ARjFgSjySA

Thanks, that is amazing footage...Love it in the last 20 seconds where slash finally kinda kicks it and gets pumped up playing jungle again

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1618 on: April 02, 2016, 08:48:17 PM »

I would love to hear Don't Damn Me play live. One of the best GNR songs!
Giantrobott
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1619 on: April 02, 2016, 08:50:34 PM »

Breakdown for sure. Slash's energy on the solos make me wanna break things.
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 92 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: