Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 06:20:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  G N' R Play Troubadour Friday, April 1, 2016: Axl, Slash & Duff Reunited
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 92 Go Down Print
Author Topic: G N' R Play Troubadour Friday, April 1, 2016: Axl, Slash & Duff Reunited  (Read 360187 times)
qcmyoungwill
Headliner

Sippin' a drink and feelin' fine

« Reply #1580 on: April 02, 2016, 05:58:41 PM »

I forgot to mention that they were filming the entire show. There were 3 stationary cameras and other people using handhelds. The show will surely be released at some point.
qcmyoungwill
Headliner

« Reply #1581 on: April 02, 2016, 06:03:21 PM »

Slash and Axl were keeping their distance from each other during the show. It will be ino erecting to see how things play out durine the tour. I was really surprised to hear them play the songs off Chinese Democracy and found them to be a total departure from the rest of the set. Completely different style of music that almost didn't fit in. Loved hearing The Seeker as that is one of my favorite Who songs. To be there was completely unreal.

We heard reports they hugged. Any truth in this? Would you say there was tension?

We left just as they were finishing Paradise City because the place was a madhouse. If they hugged, it must have been after that because I didn't see anything. I wouldn't say there was tension, but they're separation was noticable.

You left before the end?! Brave move! Not heard any other talk of the hugging so I guess that didn't happen

Well, my wife is pregnant and we were trying to be smart haha. We had to move at one point because people were getting rowdy and getting shovey.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #1582 on: April 02, 2016, 06:05:23 PM »

I forgot to mention that they were filming the entire show. There were 3 stationary cameras and other people using handhelds. The show will surely be released at some point.

Let's hope so!  Cheesy

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1583 on: April 02, 2016, 06:06:40 PM »

Slash and Axl were keeping their distance from each other during the show. It will be ino erecting to see how things play out durine the tour. I was really surprised to hear them play the songs off Chinese Democracy and found them to be a total departure from the rest of the set. Completely different style of music that almost didn't fit in. Loved hearing The Seeker as that is one of my favorite Who songs. To be there was completely unreal.

We heard reports they hugged. Any truth in this? Would you say there was tension?

We left just as they were finishing Paradise City because the place was a madhouse. If they hugged, it must have been after that because I didn't see anything. I wouldn't say there was tension, but they're separation was noticable.

You left before the end?! Brave move! Not heard any other talk of the hugging so I guess that didn't happen

Well, my wife is pregnant and we were trying to be smart haha. We had to move at one point because people were getting rowdy and getting shovey.

Fair enough. Good on her for going! Hope she had a blast!

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #1584 on: April 02, 2016, 06:14:43 PM »

Amazing video !

Axl sounds killer !

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
qcmyoungwill
Headliner

« Reply #1585 on: April 02, 2016, 06:15:03 PM »

Fair enough. Good on her for going! Hope she had a blast!

We did. It may be a while before I take the wristband off lol
Poops Magee
Headliner

« Reply #1586 on: April 02, 2016, 06:18:04 PM »

I almost feel a little guilty watching it out of respect for their wishes-but man that sounded awesome! And Axl and Slash didn't appear to be deliberately distant to me. Looked like a fucking kick ass band!

Inland Invasion 09/23/06
Gibson Amphitheater 12/20/06
T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas, 2nd show, 04/09/16
Qualcomm Stadium, 8/22/16
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #1587 on: April 02, 2016, 06:19:02 PM »

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/7318819/guns-n-roses-fan-adventures-troubadour-los-angeles-show

Sweetness is a virtue
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #1588 on: April 02, 2016, 06:21:44 PM »

Can somebody tell me the rumor about Adler surgery? Who told that? Any truth on this? (Can?t find it, long thread!)

I read an LA review that confirmed he was having back surgery and that he may not play with this line up at all. No idea what source he had.
There was an article from an obscure website claiming it first, quoting also a source. The LA Weekly seems to kinda back it up quoting their source.

We just don't know if its the same source and if its reliable.

SOLGER
Rocker

LIVE N? LET DIE

« Reply #1589 on: April 02, 2016, 06:23:47 PM »

Frank fucked up that intro...you'd think he got it down after 10 years

Live N' Let Die
Zak Alexander
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1590 on: April 02, 2016, 06:25:37 PM »

Nerves? Only human
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #1591 on: April 02, 2016, 06:46:56 PM »

I think he fucked it up (barely noticeable anyway... well, only slash really noticed it  rofl) because axl skipped the "you're in a jungle baby" part  hihi
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1592 on: April 02, 2016, 06:52:17 PM »

Holy fuck that jungle sounds amazing

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1593 on: April 02, 2016, 07:12:15 PM »

Just...incredible...What a great, great time for GNR and GNR fans.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #1594 on: April 02, 2016, 07:16:33 PM »

Can't get over it ....

Fucking love the lineup... Axl sounds amazing. This band is going to dominate the rock scene this summer and hopefully for the foreseeable future. I see new music coming too!

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1595 on: April 02, 2016, 07:18:23 PM »

I just have no words. Months ago, begore the reunion rumors, I tried to burry guns... I made peace with it, "it's over".... And then this...what the fuck!!! I can't describe the feeling, but it's one of the best a man can have. And fuck, they seem to sound great with Axl in a great shape!!! What a fucking weekend... "Not in this lifetime"  Grin Grin

There is a difference between the opinion of the majority and the thruth...
johnreed3344
Rocker

« Reply #1596 on: April 02, 2016, 07:22:45 PM »

Can't get over it ....

Fucking love the lineup... Axl sounds amazing. This band is going to dominate the rock scene this summer and hopefully for the foreseeable future. I see new music coming too!

ROCK IS BACK AND THE ATTIUDE IS BACK! Jaeball nice shout out last night too! VEGAS IS GONNA KICK ASS! YOURE IN THE JUNGLE BABABABABABABAY

12/5/02
5/17/06
11/5/06
11/17/11
11/26/11
2/10/12
2/24/12
6/8/13
4/8/16
4/16/16
7/14/16
7/23/16
10/11/17
10/12/17
10/15/17
10/16/17
7/1/18
10/1/19
8/5/21
8/11/23
8/15/23 NE
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #1597 on: April 02, 2016, 07:30:43 PM »

Slash's sound is unbelievable... Rough fingers for Axl's rough voice... I've fuckin missed that for a long time... Who fuckin' needs 3 guitars when they sound so anonymous? I mean, l love bucket or bumble, but you understand why they're solo players, like satriani or vai.

After 23 years they play like they've just broken up yesterday... I hope everybody understands what being a band does mean ok
sneeks
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1598 on: April 02, 2016, 07:33:56 PM »

It didn't look like Slash was massively impressed with Frank messing up the start of WTTJ.

How could you say that I never needed you
When you took everything
Said you took everything from me

I know someday you'll have a beautiful life,
I know you'll be a star in somebody else's sky...
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #1599 on: April 02, 2016, 07:34:16 PM »

Show #1 is done and Double Talkin' Jive and New Rose has been brought back in a setlist specially made for a club show I assume.

I think this bodes well for the full production shows in terms of bringing back more stuff.

I hope we'll get to hear:

Perfect Crime
Dead Horse
Coma
Breakdown
Pretty Tied Up
Move To The City
Human Being
Ain't It Fun

Sweetness is a virtue
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 92 Go Up Print