Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 05, 2024, 10:31:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228153 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  G N' R Play Troubadour Friday, April 1, 2016: Axl, Slash & Duff Reunited
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 92 Go Down Print
Author Topic: G N' R Play Troubadour Friday, April 1, 2016: Axl, Slash & Duff Reunited  (Read 332124 times)
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #540 on: April 01, 2016, 02:09:27 PM »

Not to throw a wet blanket on this, but without phones or recorders being allowed, unfortunately this show could be one of those "Holy Grail" pieces of footage for fans.  

you must be able to have your phone on you.. I understand cameras but you need your phone. I wouldn't mind listening to just an audio of the show.

Huh?  Why in the world would you say that?

in case of emergencies..

There was a world before cell phones and smartphones ya know?  If that is an excuse some one uses to a security guard at the door I am sure they will be laughed at. 

man chill out, I don't even know you. Today is a good day, let's leave it at that

Oh I am fine, just that I've heard this argument at advance movie screenings I've been invited to in the past and it always cracks me up that people really believe they have a right to have their cell phone with them at all times.  
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #541 on: April 01, 2016, 02:10:26 PM »

« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 02:12:41 PM by xBrownstonex » Logged

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Zak Alexander
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #542 on: April 01, 2016, 02:12:50 PM »

would of hated to be at the back there!
GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« Reply #543 on: April 01, 2016, 02:13:30 PM »

I'm on the east coast and there is no way I can stay awake all night with what I have going on this weekend.

When I go to bed, it will have been 23 years since they played together. When I wake up it will have been less than 6 hours.

It's like Christmas.

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #544 on: April 01, 2016, 02:13:53 PM »

That is the COOLEST cat!

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #545 on: April 01, 2016, 02:15:11 PM »

My wife is down in line right now.  I highly doubt she will be able to get a ticket...and doesn't look like she would be able to get one for me.  Damn work

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #546 on: April 01, 2016, 02:15:59 PM »

I'm on the east coast and there is no way I can stay awake all night with what I have going on this weekend.

When I go to bed, it will have been 23 years since they played together. When I wake up it will have been less than 6 hours.

It's like Christmas.
Possibly 26 if it is in fact the original AFD 5.
Zak Alexander
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #547 on: April 01, 2016, 02:16:10 PM »

My wife is down in line right now.  I highly doubt she will be able to get a ticket...and doesn't look like she would be able to get one for me.  Damn work

think they sold out pretty quickly buddy
saltzy23
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #548 on: April 01, 2016, 02:16:20 PM »

For reals though.  Can someone out there please buy a bunch of merch if you're going to Vegas?

It will probably pay for your whole trip.
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #549 on: April 01, 2016, 02:18:13 PM »

Thought they weren't on sale until 12?

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #550 on: April 01, 2016, 02:18:34 PM »

so that's probably the classic line up with Izzy & Steven right?

the right way to do it  ok

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
demarz
Opening Act

« Reply #551 on: April 01, 2016, 02:18:40 PM »

I can't really work right now because my head is totally on this.

Anyways, I think everything sounds so perfect right now.. This is the thing we've been all waiting for for god knows how long. And to have it all on April Fool's is really something telling about this band's sense of humor.

About the performance: if cameras are not allowed, I really wish people from the band crew like Fernando could at least give us some snippets. Please. This is historic, its something that needs to be documented, it's not just about having a new bootleg.

I agree, I hope it's documented officially and professionally!

I have to say though, I kind of agree with the no phones etc policy.  I don't think that shaky audience footage could do justice to this historic event, and personally I think it would spoil the special nature of the show.  But like I said, I really hopes it's being documented.  I'd be happy with a handful of good photos and maybe clips from the show as an extra on a Tour DVD.  I think it's more exciting to get stuff in small doses.  If there's no footage of this gig tonight (and I hope there isn't), then next week I'll be excited about the first YouTube clips appearing from the Las Vegas gigs - nice to have something to look forward to!
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #552 on: April 01, 2016, 02:19:03 PM »

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #553 on: April 01, 2016, 02:21:07 PM »

Haha, I have over $3,000 invested in Vegas. $10 will give you a better experience. Think about that.

Oh relax. The chances of you getting a ticket in LA even... if you lived there for example is like 1:500 or something.

It's a small venue. It's basically whoever wants to wait hours upon hours.

Yea all this proves is money can't buy everything rofl
Zak Alexander
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #554 on: April 01, 2016, 02:22:29 PM »

I could be wrong just that I saw on the gnr facebook page saying if you wanted tickets its too late or something like that
DarkFairy
VIP

« Reply #555 on: April 01, 2016, 02:23:53 PM »

I could be wrong just that I saw on the gnr facebook page saying if you wanted tickets its too late or something like that

They said if you're not at Tower now, it's too late. But his wife is there... So who knows.

Helsinki 05.07.2006. Helsinki 05.06.2010. Hämeenlinna 01.07.2017. 🔜 London 29.05.2020
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #556 on: April 01, 2016, 02:23:54 PM »

Haha, I have over $3,000 invested in Vegas. $10 will give you a better experience. Think about that.

Oh relax. The chances of you getting a ticket in LA even... if you lived there for example is like 1:500 or something.

Yeah I like this approach. They are going to make A LOT of money for the upcoming shows. A LOT of money. So this is cool, small show, they select X amount of people to invite, and 300ish fans get in to see it for 10 bucks a pop... perfect.

Tickets can't be resold in any way, sucks for the scaplers (I love it though) and "fans" get to enjoy the show. If you waited hours to get a ticket/wristband... then you're a true fan I think right?

Awesome stuff!

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #557 on: April 01, 2016, 02:24:25 PM »

Probably because it's only the first 250 in line who will get tickets.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
raindogs70
Rocker

« Reply #558 on: April 01, 2016, 02:25:56 PM »

Not bringing a phone in is not a big deal. Someone's going to find a way to get video of the show anyway.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #559 on: April 01, 2016, 02:27:01 PM »

Yeah I like this approach. They are going to make A LOT of money for the upcoming shows. A LOT of money. So this is cool, small show, they select X amount of people to invite, and 300ish fans get in to see it for 10 bucks a pop... perfect.

Tickets can't be resold in any way, sucks for the scaplers (I love it though) and "fans" get to enjoy the show. If you waited hours to get a ticket/wristband... then you're a true fan I think right?

Awesome stuff!
Yeah this is a good way to stick in to scalpers. At least real fans will get the tickets for only $10.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 92 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: