Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 05, 2024, 11:24:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228155 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  G N' R Play Troubadour Friday, April 1, 2016: Axl, Slash & Duff Reunited
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 92 Go Down Print
Author Topic: G N' R Play Troubadour Friday, April 1, 2016: Axl, Slash & Duff Reunited  (Read 332205 times)
Zak Alexander
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #500 on: April 01, 2016, 01:44:55 PM »

Not to throw a wet blanket on this, but without phones or recorders being allowed, unfortunately this show could be one of those "Holy Grail" pieces of footage for fans.  

you must be able to have your phone on you.. I understand cameras but you need your phone. I wouldn't mind listening to just an audio of the show.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #501 on: April 01, 2016, 01:45:04 PM »

Live Nation isn't mentioned on the poster for tonight's show though.

But:

1) Tickets are on sale at Tower.
2) Those posters are only up at Tower.
3) They might not be directly sponsoring it, but maybe they loaned "pre-printed" posters, earmarked for the tour, just to "decorate" the place.
4) If you check the tour section, TECHNICALLY they do have tickets up for sale (I mean..if you want to go to Mexico City). And link to an attempt to buy tickets for the current dates up (even if most are sold out).
5) There IS an announcement up at gunsnroses.com, even if you can't buy tickets there, yet

I'd be SHOCKED if they announced the full tour AND put tickets up today. I'd be even MORE shocked if they jumped over the Nightrain presale opporunity.  No...more than shocked.  I'd be flabbergasted.  They know what sells those memberships (that they just put on sale).  Setting a precedent like that would invalidate every bit of that. I honestly give them more credit than that.

I know what it says.  I think they either mean the Tower Records tix sale, the sale for the current shows, or they are just lending place making material that is really earmarked for another purpose, shortly. Smiley

Look, the only reason I mentioned this was because I think it "proves" there might be an announcement there later today.

Live Nation on the posters... they are producing the tour.

The "Get tickets today!" might be valid for another day though, I can agree with that. They won't skip the presales.

None of the shows already announced are produced by Live Nation (I'm not 100% sure about tonight's show, but as I said, not mentioned on the poster. Gibson is though).

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #502 on: April 01, 2016, 01:45:55 PM »

I pretty much guarantee that someone gets some sort of recording device through the door, unless they wand every single person that walks in and make them remove all metal....and carry proof of prosthetic devices (ie: hips and knees). Because they're not doing strip searches.

Now...what comes from that is anyone's guess.  Maybe nothing of any decent quality.  But when an HD quality recorder comes in something that's roughly the size of a wallet....it's neigh impossible to keep someone who REALLY wants to get a device through the door.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #503 on: April 01, 2016, 01:45:58 PM »

Not to throw a wet blanket on this, but without phones or recorders being allowed, unfortunately this show could be one of those "Holy Grail" pieces of footage for fans.  
Yeah, but there'll at least be reviews, set lists and "proffessional" pictures, among other stuff.  smoking
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #504 on: April 01, 2016, 01:46:42 PM »

5 mns...AC/DC playing...

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #505 on: April 01, 2016, 01:46:57 PM »

Live Nation isn't mentioned on the poster for tonight's show though.

But:

1) Tickets are on sale at Tower.
2) Those posters are only up at Tower.
3) They might not be directly sponsoring it, but maybe they loaned "pre-printed" posters, earmarked for the tour, just to "decorate" the place.
4) If you check the tour section, TECHNICALLY they do have tickets up for sale (I mean..if you want to go to Mexico City). And link to an attempt to buy tickets for the current dates up (even if most are sold out).
5) There IS an announcement up at gunsnroses.com, even if you can't buy tickets there, yet

I'd be SHOCKED if they announced the full tour AND put tickets up today. I'd be even MORE shocked if they jumped over the Nightrain presale opporunity.  No...more than shocked.  I'd be flabbergasted.  They know what sells those memberships (that they just put on sale).  Setting a precedent like that would invalidate every bit of that. I honestly give them more credit than that.

I know what it says.  I think they either mean the Tower Records tix sale, the sale for the current shows, or they are just lending place making material that is really earmarked for another purpose, shortly. Smiley

Look, the only reason I mentioned this was because I think it "proves" there might be an announcement there later today.

Live Nation on the posters... they are producing the tour.

The "Get tickets today!" might be valid for another day though, I can agree with that. They won't skip the presales.

None of the shows already announced are produced by Live Nation (I'm not 100% sure about tonight's show, but as I said, not mentioned on the poster. Gibson is though).

Oh..in that case, I agree!!

I think there's a decent shot we get the full tour dates and venues today.  Esp if that 5PM presser turns out to be real.

Together again,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #506 on: April 01, 2016, 01:47:20 PM »

you must be able to have your phone on you.. I understand cameras but you need your phone. I wouldn't mind listening to just an audio of the show.
[/quote
Yeah i understand them not wanting any leaks but not allowing phones seems unfair. What if there's a family emergency for someone in the venue that needs to be contacted.
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #507 on: April 01, 2016, 01:47:49 PM »

Huh?  Why in the world would you say that?
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #508 on: April 01, 2016, 01:48:28 PM »

We'll see.

I would bet they're collecting phones in lock boxes at the door. But we'll see.

Together again,
BKinNYC
Rocker

Worrying's a waste of my time.

« Reply #509 on: April 01, 2016, 01:48:51 PM »

I pray that you're right pilferk, but I correlate it to a buddy of mine who's a huge Nirvana fan. They still can't find a recording of that secret show that happened after the HOF ceremony.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #510 on: April 01, 2016, 01:49:08 PM »

I pretty much guarantee that someone gets some sort of recording device through the door, unless they wand every single person that walks in and make them remove all metal....and carry proof of prosthetic devices (ie: hips and knees). Because they're not doing strip searches.

Now...what comes from that is anyone's guess.  Maybe nothing of any decent quality.  But when an HD quality recorder comes in something that's roughly the size of a wallet....it's neigh impossible to keep someone who REALLY wants to get a device through the door.

Exactly!
Jude
Rocker

« Reply #511 on: April 01, 2016, 01:50:27 PM »

I'm quite sure there will be some video footage out quite quickly after the show is over, at this day and age they cannot keep the video footage from the show buried.

Zak Alexander
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #512 on: April 01, 2016, 01:50:50 PM »

Huh?  Why in the world would you say that?

in case of emergencies..
StoneTempleRoses
Rocker

Axl Was Here

« Reply #513 on: April 01, 2016, 01:51:29 PM »

Exactly!

The question is, will one of the 250 people want to risk being thrown out by updating us or takeing their phone in at all.

RusselNash
Opening Act

« Reply #514 on: April 01, 2016, 01:51:38 PM »

thanks!!
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #515 on: April 01, 2016, 01:52:56 PM »

The question is, will one of the 250 people want to risk being thrown out by updating us or takeing their phone in at all.

Probably.

Together again,
EvilSmurf
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #516 on: April 01, 2016, 01:53:19 PM »

I wonder how many Girl Rock School fans are angry right now.
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #517 on: April 01, 2016, 01:53:56 PM »

it's sold out!

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
saltzy23
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #518 on: April 01, 2016, 01:54:26 PM »

Why anyone that is not within like 50' of that store would wait online is beyond me.  If you are not able to reach out and touch that store front, you ain't getting a ticket.

I already feel bad for whoever is the guy behind the person that gets the last ticket.  That is some PTSD, fuck you up for the rest of your life type shit right there.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #519 on: April 01, 2016, 01:55:25 PM »

I pray that you're right pilferk, but I correlate it to a buddy of mine who's a huge Nirvana fan. They still can't find a recording of that secret show that happened after the HOF ceremony.

Invite only is VERY different than letting member of the general public in.

Nirvana knew, by name and seat, every person in that audience.

GnR....won't.  Besides it being a GA show, they're taking cash for wristbands.

VERY different circumstances.

Together again,
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 92 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: