Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 02:33:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228109 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  G N' R Play Troubadour Friday, April 1, 2016: Axl, Slash & Duff Reunited
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 92 Go Down Print
Author Topic: G N' R Play Troubadour Friday, April 1, 2016: Axl, Slash & Duff Reunited  (Read 329551 times)
conjurer
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #800 on: April 01, 2016, 07:44:13 PM »

Been a member here for 10 years this May...hardly ever post, but for 10 years, visit once a week at minimum. Reason for my post now? I am BLOWN AWAY how they are finally doing promotion right....this is amazing, and let's us enjoy it much more! Everyone tweet at gnr to post the set list live, as it happens...so we can play the songs at home live while having a drink or two...that would be awesome. Much happiness to anyone on the board who gets to go.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #801 on: April 01, 2016, 07:45:50 PM »

Yeah i mean say a woman is hiding the phone in her bra. Do you really think security is going to go searching in there? Hell no. Not unless they want a sexual harassment suit. There's always somewhere it can be hidden that security won't or can't look. Will they be able to take pictures without getting caught and thrown out? That's the question.

I bet all my money that if someone pulls a cell phone security will kick them out before they can even click. The venue is very small apparently...

For sure. It's pretty intense for Prince shows, and they're in bigger venues. People caught taking photos were told to delete pictures while security watched them do it. It's a good thing. Live for the moment, get involved in the show. Standing there with a phone held out can only kill the mood.

To me that is drastic. I don't see why he's so nutty about a crappy cellphone pic that he probably looks like an ant on depending on distance from the stage. But Prince has always been crazy with stuff like that.

He brings a whole big team of people to police it too! Honestly though, you should see the difference it makes to the crowds. People are so much more into the show without the distraction of their phones. He says that's why he does it, and based on the evidence I've seen, it's a great thing!
I'm calling bs on that reason. It's about money plain and simple. The man's a nutjob. No youtube videos no streaming.
dmathski
Rocker

« Reply #802 on: April 01, 2016, 07:45:56 PM »

I've been in and out of the news through out the day. Can someone tell me the deal on the GN'R exhibit at Gibson Brands on Sunset? How long is going to be there? And is it going to the different cities on the tour?

August 3, 1991  Inglewood, CA. The Forum

September 30, 1992    San Diego, CA. Jack Murphy Stadium

December 31, 2001  Las Vegas, NV. The Joint

August 22, 2016 San Diego, CA. Qualcomm Sstadium
Factory Girl
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #803 on: April 01, 2016, 07:46:45 PM »

Don't they just take your phone and you get it after the show?

It's 2016.  The number of buildings where no one has a cell phone is zero.  Zero buildings.

I'm counting on that too.
Who knows what can happens with this band?!?
Been waiting for too long to miss anything now. Worst case scenario I'll sleep all day tomorrow.
adydas78
Headliner

« Reply #804 on: April 01, 2016, 07:47:30 PM »

Heck, I don't want to do it, but will get some coffee going right now. On the East Coast here, it's gonna be a long night. Don't want to risk it, if they stream something I will be on. Ok, will get that coffee and fire up my guitar to get the mood going.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #805 on: April 01, 2016, 07:49:41 PM »

Yeah i mean say a woman is hiding the phone in her bra. Do you really think security is going to go searching in there? Hell no. Not unless they want a sexual harassment suit. There's always somewhere it can be hidden that security won't or can't look. Will they be able to take pictures without getting caught and thrown out? That's the question.

I bet all my money that if someone pulls a cell phone security will kick them out before they can even click. The venue is very small apparently...

For sure. It's pretty intense for Prince shows, and they're in bigger venues. People caught taking photos were told to delete pictures while security watched them do it. It's a good thing. Live for the moment, get involved in the show. Standing there with a phone held out can only kill the mood.

To me that is drastic. I don't see why he's so nutty about a crappy cellphone pic that he probably looks like an ant on depending on distance from the stage. But Prince has always been crazy with stuff like that.

He brings a whole big team of people to police it too! Honestly though, you should see the difference it makes to the crowds. People are so much more into the show without the distraction of their phones. He says that's why he does it, and based on the evidence I've seen, it's a great thing!
I'm calling bs on that reason. It's about money plain and simple. The man's a nutjob. No youtube videos no streaming.

Why is it about money? A few bits of crappy video or bad photos make no difference. Same reason as tonight- it's about keeping some sort of mystery, intrigue and atmosphere. I'm sure that's the reason tonight too.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Whigged
Opening Act

« Reply #806 on: April 01, 2016, 07:50:59 PM »

Don't they just take your phone and you get it after the show?

It's 2016.  The number of buildings where no one has a cell phone is zero.  Zero buildings.

Metal detectors. It's a tiny place. It's not that hard to restrict it. I've seen it done successfully in bigger venues.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #807 on: April 01, 2016, 07:52:36 PM »

I hope they don't think they are going to stop 40,000 people from bring cellphones to the stadium shows.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #808 on: April 01, 2016, 07:54:15 PM »

I hope they don't think they are going to stop 40,000 people from bring cellphones to the stadium shows.

Pitman will be sitting on a pile of synths with a sniper rifle.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Jay Tea
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #809 on: April 01, 2016, 07:56:44 PM »

It's a special night. Starting over where it all began. Shaking off the cobwebs. Playing like it was in the 80's where a live concert was an intimate fleeting moment in time between the artist and audience. Where you can say what you want, fuck up a part or two and not have it live on forever in a shitty YouTube video that you get judged on for the rest of eternity.

NO PHONES! Not everyone gets to see every show.

BUT C'mon you know something will leak.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 07:59:13 PM by Jay Tea » Logged
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #810 on: April 01, 2016, 08:01:52 PM »

Been a member here for 10 years this May...hardly ever post, but for 10 years, visit once a week at minimum. Reason for my post now? I am BLOWN AWAY how they are finally doing promotion right....this is amazing, and let's us enjoy it much more! Everyone tweet at gnr to post the set list live, as it happens...so we can play the songs at home live while having a drink or two...that would be awesome. Much happiness to anyone on the board who gets to go.

Yeah I've been a member since 2000, on the new board since 2003, and I went months without posting, sometimes a couple years. I always lurked. Just didn't have much to say.

Welcome back! This is probably the most exciting time since 2008ish!!! CRAZY!

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
Whigged
Opening Act

« Reply #811 on: April 01, 2016, 08:02:20 PM »

Now THAT there's no chance of happening!  rofl
Factory Girl
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #812 on: April 01, 2016, 08:09:38 PM »

I'm with you! Doing the same!
Watching Chicago 92!
dash
Headliner

Chinese Democracy Starts ....... Who Knows Wen??!!

« Reply #813 on: April 01, 2016, 08:12:31 PM »

what time is it in LA right now?
Bazfreak
VIP

Wololoo

« Reply #814 on: April 01, 2016, 08:15:15 PM »

The band knows that everyone would like to record this special night...imagine everyone with cell phones pointed at you in such a small venue...would be crazy and totally ruin the moment in my opinion. I respect this decision!

14/apr/2010 @Apoteose Rio | 02/oct/2011 @Rock in Rio 2011 | 20/mar/2014 @HSBC Arena Rio | 12/nov/2016 @Alllianz Park S?o Paulo | 15/nov/2016 @Est?dio Engenh?o Rio | 23/sep/2017 @ Rock in Rio 2017
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #815 on: April 01, 2016, 08:15:57 PM »

5:15 pm
Whigged
Opening Act

« Reply #816 on: April 01, 2016, 08:16:08 PM »

Google is your friend. Or you could go here: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #817 on: April 01, 2016, 08:20:06 PM »

I guess nothing is happening at 5pm PST.
Bazfreak
VIP

Wololoo

« Reply #818 on: April 01, 2016, 08:35:59 PM »

Ad says sometime after 23pm... i'm guessing 1PM PST they hit the stage.

14/apr/2010 @Apoteose Rio | 02/oct/2011 @Rock in Rio 2011 | 20/mar/2014 @HSBC Arena Rio | 12/nov/2016 @Alllianz Park S?o Paulo | 15/nov/2016 @Est?dio Engenh?o Rio | 23/sep/2017 @ Rock in Rio 2017
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #819 on: April 01, 2016, 08:38:02 PM »

Ad says sometime after 23pm... i'm guessing 1PM PST they hit the stage.
Oh no, i meant there was a rumor of a press conference at 5.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 92 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: