Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 03, 2024, 11:17:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228146 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  G N' R Play Troubadour Friday, April 1, 2016: Axl, Slash & Duff Reunited
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 92 Go Down Print
Author Topic: G N' R Play Troubadour Friday, April 1, 2016: Axl, Slash & Duff Reunited  (Read 331564 times)
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #560 on: April 01, 2016, 02:27:09 PM »

My wife is down in line right now.  I highly doubt she will be able to get a ticket...and doesn't look like she would be able to get one for me.  Damn work

think they sold out pretty quickly buddy

Thought they weren't on sale until 12?

I could be wrong just that I saw on the gnr facebook page saying if you wanted tickets its too late or something like that

Probably because it's only the first 250 in line who will get tickets.

True

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #561 on: April 01, 2016, 02:29:54 PM »

Not bringing a phone in is not a big deal. Someone's going to find a way to get video of the show anyway.
Just getting audio would probably be easier. It wouldn't be hard to hide a recorder.
peka80
Headliner

Living easy, livin' free!!!

« Reply #562 on: April 01, 2016, 02:30:05 PM »

I can't believe that this day has come! Been waiting for so long, and hoping for Axl and Slash would one day berried hatches and do music together as they were!  love
I envy all of who got ticket for tonight show, and can't wait for your reviews tomorrow!  ok

Funny how everything was roses
When we held on to the guns
superstarmc
Rocker

« Reply #563 on: April 01, 2016, 02:34:11 PM »

That would be cool if they had Duff's old tech introduce GNR.
hartman
Rocker

Here since 2002

« Reply #564 on: April 01, 2016, 02:35:06 PM »

I can't really work right now because my head is totally on this.

Anyways, I think everything sounds so perfect right now.. This is the thing we've been all waiting for for god knows how long. And to have it all on April Fool's is really something telling about this band's sense of humor.

About the performance: if cameras are not allowed, I really wish people from the band crew like Fernando could at least give us some snippets. Please. This is historic, its something that needs to be documented, it's not just about having a new bootleg.

I agree, I hope it's documented officially and professionally!

I have to say though, I kind of agree with the no phones etc policy.  I don't think that shaky audience footage could do justice to this historic event, and personally I think it would spoil the special nature of the show.  But like I said, I really hopes it's being documented.  I'd be happy with a handful of good photos and maybe clips from the show as an extra on a Tour DVD.  I think it's more exciting to get stuff in small doses.  If there's no footage of this gig tonight (and I hope there isn't), then next week I'll be excited about the first YouTube clips appearing from the Las Vegas gigs - nice to have something to look forward to!
If the band really didn't want footage of the Troubadour gig to leak on the net, there would have been no show at all. They didn't need this little show to launch the tour. They know there will be footage posted tonite after the show.

GNR forever !!
Jay Tea
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #565 on: April 01, 2016, 02:36:04 PM »

Not bringing a phone in is not a big deal. Someone's going to find a way to get video of the show anyway.

If you saw Guns 'N' Roses the last time they played the Troubadour you undoubtedly did not have a phone with you.
Get the full experience.
Eeebs
I was kissed by Matt Sorum!!
VIP

Riot Act

« Reply #566 on: April 01, 2016, 02:36:13 PM »

Very exciting times! Thank you for all of those who provided updates and details. To those who got tickets - you are so very very lucky! Wish I lived closer to Los Angeles, LOL! I can't wait to read the reviews and hopefully see some pictures / hear some audio in a couple of hours!
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #567 on: April 01, 2016, 02:36:56 PM »

I can't really work right now because my head is totally on this.

Anyways, I think everything sounds so perfect right now.. This is the thing we've been all waiting for for god knows how long. And to have it all on April Fool's is really something telling about this band's sense of humor.

About the performance: if cameras are not allowed, I really wish people from the band crew like Fernando could at least give us some snippets. Please. This is historic, its something that needs to be documented, it's not just about having a new bootleg.

I agree, I hope it's documented officially and professionally!

I have to say though, I kind of agree with the no phones etc policy.  I don't think that shaky audience footage could do justice to this historic event, and personally I think it would spoil the special nature of the show.  But like I said, I really hopes it's being documented.  I'd be happy with a handful of good photos and maybe clips from the show as an extra on a Tour DVD.  I think it's more exciting to get stuff in small doses.  If there's no footage of this gig tonight (and I hope there isn't), then next week I'll be excited about the first YouTube clips appearing from the Las Vegas gigs - nice to have something to look forward to!
If the band really didn't want footage of the Troubadour gig to leak on the net, there would have been no show at all. They didn't need this little show to launch the tour. They know there will be footage posted tonite after the show.
If they wanted no audio or video or pictures it would've been invite only.
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #568 on: April 01, 2016, 02:37:26 PM »

Apparently theres a billboard in LA with the original 5 on it. Anyone seen anything??

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
superdave
Headliner

« Reply #569 on: April 01, 2016, 02:37:41 PM »

That would be cool if they had Duff's old tech introduce GNR.

"OF ALL THE BANDS THAT REUNITED, THIS IS DEFINITELY ONE OF THEM! FROM HOLLYWOOD, GUNNNS NNNNNN ROOOSSESSSSS!"
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #570 on: April 01, 2016, 02:38:15 PM »

Apparently theres a billboard in LA with the original 5 on it. Anyone seen anything??

Where did you hear that?

Chances of pics coming from the same source?

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #571 on: April 01, 2016, 02:39:57 PM »

Where did you hear that?

Some girl who is streaming from periscope apparently said it

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #572 on: April 01, 2016, 02:42:47 PM »

Some girl who is streaming from periscope apparently said it

If it's Leah...I've listened to every minute of every periscope so far (and listening live, now).  I haven't heard her say that.  Possible I could have missed it. They DID go through the pop up store talked about some of the stuff they saw in there.

BUT, I will say Coy Clark (who is with her) said he's heard Izzy is in, tonight.  Zero idea if that's true, but it's what he said.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« Reply #573 on: April 01, 2016, 02:42:57 PM »

Would I love to see some footage of this show? Absolutely.

Would I be filming if I were in attendance? Absolutely not.

Those who are going, enjoy the show. Take it all in. You can always update us tomorrow on how it went.

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
saltzy23
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #574 on: April 01, 2016, 02:43:16 PM »

Where did you hear that?

I heard the same about Times Square.  I'm way downtown though.  Cant confirm right now.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #575 on: April 01, 2016, 02:43:49 PM »

The store/exhibit is open..there are food trucks serving free food to the folks that are there. Smiley

Together again,
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #576 on: April 01, 2016, 02:45:06 PM »

https://www.periscope.tv/w/ac1nBzIxMTIyOTB8MXZBeFJZZFBBZHJKbDL_5mQJFrgeAgmt3lHZ3I-ZLJwu1vO_KjeIoSqdD7ld

Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #577 on: April 01, 2016, 02:45:23 PM »

Everyone just relax, I'm certain that it will be AFD 5 for the entire show or at least some of it.

They'll either do a 14 song little set with AFD 5 and chill and talk with people, or it will be a hybrid lineup with Frank, Richard mixed in for certain songs, and a 24 song show... who knows?

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
hartman
Rocker

Here since 2002

« Reply #578 on: April 01, 2016, 02:45:29 PM »

They're playing at the Whisky a Gogo tomorrow (rumor).

ok

GNR forever !!
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #579 on: April 01, 2016, 02:46:38 PM »

Yup, that's Leah.

I have not heard her say anything about a billboard up in L.A. with the original 5 on it.  She's been at Tower since about 9 PM (short dinner break) last night.

Together again,
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 92 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: