Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 01, 2024, 11:15:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228142 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  G N' R Play Troubadour Friday, April 1, 2016: Axl, Slash & Duff Reunited
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 92 Go Down Print
Author Topic: G N' R Play Troubadour Friday, April 1, 2016: Axl, Slash & Duff Reunited  (Read 331005 times)
Factory Girl
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #180 on: April 01, 2016, 09:48:03 AM »

Oh my, how can I do any work today?!?! I'm sooooo excited!!
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #181 on: April 01, 2016, 09:48:55 AM »

I also saw someone mention that no cell phones will be allowed at the show.

It's 2016 dude  hihi Won't leave my cell in anybody's hands...

With a 500ish venue, I'm sure security will be tight, and they'll have spotters. It would be possible to get something on a phone, but it will be difficult. I would just enough the show, and go for a pic or 2 if people are taking phones and stuff.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #182 on: April 01, 2016, 09:50:56 AM »

Im hoping Jarmo is out there and can get us some official HTGTH pics.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
zeta2Reticuli
Opening Act

« Reply #183 on: April 01, 2016, 09:51:54 AM »

people are starting to post pics on Instagram.....its happening

Holy shit that's awesome!  There was talk yesterday by some about how doing this would diminish the buzz or excitement for Vegas because it won't be the "first" show.  No way.  If there is already this much attention for a one off, warm up club show, this imagine what the scene is going to be like next week in Vegas.  Fortunately, I won't have to imagine it...

Totally agree. Let's be honest, people crying about the Vegas shows being 'diminished' in any way are doing so out of pure selfishness. They want to be able to brag to others about 'being there' at the very first shows, it's all about them. This thing is exciting enough in itself, anybody going to see any shows at all on this tour are VERY lucky people indeed. Let's just savour this.
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #184 on: April 01, 2016, 09:53:28 AM »

Any chance this was a long con for an April Fools joke?  Meaning the whole thing, Coachella, Vegas, Mexico, summer tour, etc.  So at today's presser, just Pitman will show up to say 'April Fools!".  

ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #185 on: April 01, 2016, 09:54:33 AM »

With a 500ish venue, I'm sure security will be tight, and they'll have spotters. It would be possible to get something on a phone, but it will be difficult. I would just enough the show, and go for a pic or 2 if people are taking phones and stuff.

I don't think they'll ruin people fun with the fuckin gestapo... peace peace And this comes from a man who never takes a picture during concerts  ok
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #186 on: April 01, 2016, 09:57:26 AM »

Any chance this was a long con for an April Fools joke?  Meaning the whole thing, Coachella, Vegas, Mexico, summer tour, etc.  So at today's presser, just Pitman will show up to say 'April Fools!".  

Yep, and when he says that, that's the exact moment he'll know for sure he won't play with gnr anymore ...or just won't play a fuckin instrument in his life anymore hihi hihi
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 10:03:52 AM by ITARocker » Logged
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #187 on: April 01, 2016, 10:13:47 AM »

It'll be tough, I agree.

Honestly, I'll be satisfied just seeing the setlist, so I can know what to expect.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #188 on: April 01, 2016, 10:16:29 AM »

It'll be tough, I agree.

Honestly, I'll be satisfied just seeing the setlist, so I can know what to expect.

If Prince can manage no phones in arenas (which he did- and it was noticable how much better the atmosphere was and how engaged people were with the performance rather than their phones) they can do it easily at the Troubadour.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Thorned Rose
Legend

« Reply #189 on: April 01, 2016, 10:18:21 AM »

It'll be tough, I agree.

Yeah for me, the most curious things are... member playing tonight... and setlist...

I expect it to be AFD 5, and AFD in it's complete form or close (10 songs at least) and 3-4 UYI songs possibly. Maybe a new song? I doubt it.

I don't think this will be a full blown 20+ song set. I hope it is though.

But don't damn me
aaronjcurtis
Headliner

« Reply #190 on: April 01, 2016, 10:18:33 AM »

This is amazing. Fingers crossed for all those in L.A.!
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #191 on: April 01, 2016, 10:19:30 AM »

There are places such as strip clubs that hold your cell.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #192 on: April 01, 2016, 10:21:37 AM »

This whole thing is unreal!

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Thorned Rose
Legend

« Reply #193 on: April 01, 2016, 10:22:08 AM »

"I'm on the nightrain, bottoms up... I can never get enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

But don't damn me
Kasanova King
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #194 on: April 01, 2016, 10:22:42 AM »

Much as I want this show to be real (and it looks like it is), I would stand up at my computer and applaud if this turns out to be a prank.  The most brilliant bastarding April Fool joke of all time!  rofl

It is an April Fools joke.  The April Fools part is them calling themselves Girl Rock School Showcase....lol....we just happened to figure it out a day or two early..... Grin

-KK
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #195 on: April 01, 2016, 10:25:50 AM »

It'll be tough, I agree.

Yeah for me, the most curious things are... member playing tonight... and setlist...

I expect it to be AFD 5, and AFD in it's complete form or close (10 songs at least) and 3-4 UYI songs possibly. Maybe a new song? I doubt it.

I'd agree with that. Original five, for a short set of about 8/9 songs I reckon, and a press announcement of full tour dates.

Vegas shows will be Axl, Slash, Duff, Dizzy, Ferrer, Fortus. That's my prediction.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #196 on: April 01, 2016, 10:26:50 AM »

people are starting to post pics on Instagram.....its happening

Holy shit that's awesome!  There was talk yesterday by some about how doing this would diminish the buzz or excitement for Vegas because it won't be the "first" show.  No way.  If there is already this much attention for a one off, warm up club show, this imagine what the scene is going to be like next week in Vegas.  Fortunately, I won't have to imagine it...

Totally agree. Let's be honest, people crying about the Vegas shows being 'diminished' in any way are doing so out of pure selfishness. They want to be able to brag to others about 'being there' at the very first shows, it's all about them. This thing is exciting enough in itself, anybody going to see any shows at all on this tour are VERY lucky people indeed. Let's just savour this.

The people in line at Tower are not paying the thousands of dollars the Vegas people paid. So I side with the Vegas folks. GNR should have never said "First show in 23 years" regarding Vegas then do this shit honestly. So I blame GNR for this however today is still epic. You should be able to see both sides of this.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #197 on: April 01, 2016, 10:28:30 AM »

Hmm... are the people in line at Tower at the right place?

SwaggerRock said the tickets would go on sale at the Palladium.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Thorned Rose
Legend

« Reply #198 on: April 01, 2016, 10:29:18 AM »

It'll be tough, I agree.

I'd agree with that. Original five, for a short set of about 8/9 songs I reckon, and a press announcement of full tour dates.

Vegas shows will be Axl, Slash, Duff, Dizzy, Ferrer, Fortus. That's my prediction.

Yeah I agree. I do think Adler/Sorum/Izzy and maybe even Gilby will get a show or 2, or maybe Adler will consistently have the encore or something? We all know that Izzy isn't into a long thing.

Regardless, it is awesome!

But don't damn me
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #199 on: April 01, 2016, 10:31:05 AM »

yea but people gotta be idiots if they expected there wouldn't be some kind of warmup show. So I blame the fans. Well the ones whinning now instead of just being happy they have a Vegas ticket unlike me
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 10:34:01 AM by Top-Hatted One » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 92 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: