Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 05:57:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  G N' R Play Troubadour Friday, April 1, 2016: Axl, Slash & Duff Reunited
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 92 Go Down Print
Author Topic: G N' R Play Troubadour Friday, April 1, 2016: Axl, Slash & Duff Reunited  (Read 359876 times)
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #1380 on: April 02, 2016, 04:53:33 AM »

ANyway, the pitwoman is the one with the blue hair, she looks like brain's wife as someone else said

Koek
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1381 on: April 02, 2016, 04:56:10 AM »

Really good, however I am very dissapointed Adler and Izzy were not in. For me, read carefully, for me!, it's not a Reunion. Liked the setlist and so on, but would have  loved the AFD line up
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #1382 on: April 02, 2016, 04:56:28 AM »

https://www.instagram.com/p/BDsRpfuIXiq/?taken-at=100768

Zak Alexander
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1383 on: April 02, 2016, 04:56:49 AM »

And that Axl and Slash hugged after PC Cool

Man that made me a bit emotional, just reminds me of the last show back in 1993
MNGS717
Rocker

« Reply #1384 on: April 02, 2016, 04:56:57 AM »

AWESOME night/morning following along..can't wait to see more but it's almost 5am.  Time to sleep for a minute and then buy tickets  beer

12/6/02 Philly
11/20/11 Wilkes-Barre,PA
2/23/12 Silver Spring, MD
5/13/14 Bethlehem,PA
6/26/16 Landover,Md
7/14/16 Philly
8/13/17 Hershey
Ericnor
Rocker

« Reply #1385 on: April 02, 2016, 04:57:56 AM »

Amazing. Simply.
And amazing to be sitting on the other side of the world enjoying mostly text updates Smiley

Do we know if Axl interacted or spoke between the songs?

Eirik

Zak Alexander
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1386 on: April 02, 2016, 04:59:14 AM »

Really good, however I am very dissapointed Adler and Izzy were not in. For me, read carefully, for me!, it's not a Reunion. Liked the setlist and so on, but would have  loved the AFD line up

Well it's a reunion with axl and slash. That itself is so big, we never EVER thought we'd see that again.

Someone said before the big 3 haha, I kinda like that.
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #1387 on: April 02, 2016, 05:01:13 AM »

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

https://www.instagram.com/p/BDsMrlUtKpu/?taken-at=100768

D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #1388 on: April 02, 2016, 05:02:02 AM »

OK, well, I can't sleep.  That was probably optimistic.

I could not be happier with what I saw and heard.  Axl looked and sounded good.

The 'Salt Of The Earth' jacket might have been my favorite thing though.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #1389 on: April 02, 2016, 05:02:39 AM »

I got the feeling Steven would be involved..I'm frankly shocked he's not spoken out yet!

Perhaps he'll get his moment at some point. I'd like to see him up there. He was great at the Rock N'Roll Hall of Fame...
lipeguns
Rocker

This guy wanna pinch my ass! Ha! Ha! Ha!

« Reply #1390 on: April 02, 2016, 05:03:51 AM »

PC (very low audio):

https://www.instagram.com/p/BDsSnV8tmP3/
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #1391 on: April 02, 2016, 05:04:19 AM »

Setlist Finally:

01. It's So Easy
02. Mr. Brownstone
03. Chinese Democracy
04. Welcome To the Jungle
05. Double Talking Jive
06. Live And Let Die
07. Roquet Queen 
08. You Could be Mine
09. the Godfather - Slash Solo Guitar
10. Sweet Child O' Mine
11. New Rose
12. Better 
13. Knockin'n On Heaven's Door
14. My Michelle
15. Nightrain
16. The Seeker
17. Paradise City

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #1392 on: April 02, 2016, 05:04:24 AM »

I'm pretty pleased this turned out to be a gig of the actual lineup, not just a nostalgia trip with changing lineups.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
jamillos22
Rocker

« Reply #1393 on: April 02, 2016, 05:05:08 AM »

They never called it that way anyway. And who cares? I mean, this is mind blowing as it is.

Hell has frozen over.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #1394 on: April 02, 2016, 05:05:20 AM »

I don't even know what to say ....

Jarmo John reed Ginger DX so fine pilferk bodhi Faldor Baconman RJ Spirit George Steele and all the other good posters over the past few years ive enjoyed spitballing with..

I can't believe what I just saw ... Truly incredible.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 01:39:20 PM by JAEBALL » Logged

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Zak Alexander
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1395 on: April 02, 2016, 05:06:31 AM »

OK, well, I can't sleep.  That was probably optimistic.

I could not be happier with what I saw and heard.  Axl looked and sounded good.

The 'Salt Of The Earth' jacket might have been my favorite thing though.

Yeah it was like the time during the 2011 tour he brought back the leather jacket from Chicago I think, black with gold? I think it was the Chicago show, I'm so fucking tired, haven't slept yet. Don't plan to, this is so good.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #1396 on: April 02, 2016, 05:07:01 AM »

Jarmo John reed Ginger DX so fine pilferk bodhi Faldor Baconman RJ and all the other good posters over the past few years ive enjoyed spitballing with..

I know, I'm just so happy right now.

Just been smiling for like, 24 hours.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #1397 on: April 02, 2016, 05:07:34 AM »

Brain Mantia and Melissa Reese

Began their writing/production partnership a few years after a meeting through a mutual friend at a session. Brain had been an established drummer in several funk-influenced/rock groups prior, Melissa, an up-and-coming pop/urban artist who studied classical voice and piano from adolescence. Judging by their vastly different musical backgrounds, one would never guess their chance meeting would prove to be such a fated match. Brain's extensive knowledge of rhythm meshed beautifully with Melissa's basis in melody and hooks. It wasn?t long before Brain and Melissa would become the prolific composing duo they are today.

Brain

Bryan "Brain" Mantia began drumming at the age of 16 and went on to a formal intensive study of rhythm at San Jose State University. On a quest to excel in this field, he decided after a period of time to transfer to the esteemed Percussion Institute of Technology in Los Angeles. After declining an invitation to teach at the Institute, Brain went on to play with a variety of other artists, most notably: Primus, Tom Waits, Guns N' Roses, Praxis, Bootsy Collins, producer Bill Laswell and guitarist Buckethead to name a few. Highlights of Brain's prestigious body of work include appearances on albums by Godflesh (Songs of Love and Hate, Love and Hate in Dub), Tom Waits (Bone Machine, Real Gone, Mule Variations and Orphans), Primus (Brown Album, Rhinoplasty, and Antipop) and Serj Tankian (Elect the Dead). Brain also continued to work with Buckethead outside of Praxis - playing on such solo Buckethead records as Giant Robot and Monsters and Robots. To add to an already impressive musical resume, Axl Rose invited Brain to join his overhauled version of Guns N' Roses in 2000. Brain has appeared with the group throughout hundreds of live dates since joining, and appears on the most recent Guns N' Roses studio album, Chinese Democracy. Simultaneously, Brain is on a media tour, playing with The Crystal Method. So far this year, he has had the pleasure of appearing on Jimmy Kimmel Live and Last Call with Carson Daly with the group.

Melissa

Melissa Reese is a musical prodigy who began singing and playing piano classically at the age of four. Not long after she was writing her own songs, and by 14 she began using Pro Tools, Reason and Logic leading to performing, arranging, producing, engineering, and mixing all her own recordings. Things have progressed wildly in this young artist's career. In addition to having 3 of the 6 songs from LISSA, her first media EP, placed in several network cable series' including ? Showtime's "Inside the NFL", ABC?s ?Cashmere Mafia,? The CW?s ?Gossip Girl?, "Privileged", and FX?s ?Dirt?, Melissa has gone on to several other noteworthy projects. Most recently she has composed/written music, orchestration and performed vocals for gaming giants EA, Xbox, Disney Interactive Sony Playstation. She has recorded tracks and commercials with legendary funk artist Bootsy Collins, (most notably the Tiger Woods campaign for Gatorade), performed backing vocals for rapper Chuck D, pop singer Vanessa Carlton, and co-written songs for neo - soul artist Goapele (most notably the track "Breakthrough" - released in 2014), and Universal artist Allan Kuo from China (to name a few). As an artist/performer, Melissa can frequently be seen performing the national anthem for pro sports teams like the LA Clippers, Cleveland Indians, Sacramento Kings, Detroit Tigers, Seattle Mariners, Oklahoma City Thunder (among many more) - to sold out crowds all around the country. Melissa is currently co-producing and writing tracks with Mannie Fresh, and Grammy award winning producer Drumma Boy both for her new upcoming album, and for other noteworthy artists. She was also recently honored - being asked to perform at the 2015 33rd annual UNICEF Gala and tour in Germany, as a recording artist/ambassador for the United States.

Brain & Melissa

Both Brain and Melissa had the foresight early on to gear their musical careers in more than one direction. Though they each bode an impressive list of accomplishments in their own right, as a composing/ production team they are proving to be a force to reckon with. These days, the pair is involved in a plethora of composing, writing and scoring projects. Since formally partnering as ?Brain and Melissa? in 2011, the duo has put out a spread of major game themes for Sony Playstation, several pieces of original music for Playstation HOME, Mod Nation, Twisted Metal X, and were also excited to score their first full length major Playstation series release, Infamous 2 - which was nominated for ?Outstanding Achievement in Original Composition? by the Academy of Interactive Arts and Sciences (AIAS awards). The pair were also thrilled to be asked back to score Infamous? 3rd installment entitled: Second Son which was released in March 2014. B and M have also been at work on other fronts - having produced several remixes for the band Greenday (a project mashing up tracks from their 2013 release of ?Uno, Dos, Tre?), original tracks for the new upcoming album of multi-platinum selling girl-group TLC, Guns n? Roses (from Chinese Democracy) at the request of Axl Rose (to be released on the upcoming Gn?R remix album). They have also had the pleasure of scoring the E3 Xbox media briefing convention for Microsoft for the fourth year in a row. Brain and Melissa?s composing has also been highlighted by getting signed by creative agency giant ICM, and the release of their highly anticipated feature-length score for the film ?Detention? done by acclaimed music video director Joseph Kahn. The film debuted at the SXSW film festival to rave reviews, and had its major nation-wide theater release through Sony Pictures/Samuel Goldwyn. Since the completion of ?Detention? they have gone on to work with Kahn as his ?go-to? composers on several projects including major ad campaigns for Nascar (including 3 Super Bowl adverts), Trust Bank (starring Bruce Willis), Seat (VW/Audi subsidiary), and Johnnie Walker Blue (showcasing the first posthumous appearance by Bruce Lee in the media (via CGI) since his death. In other news, the pair have been hard at work finishing up a few new exciting projects which include their first game with Disney Interactive, Fantasia: Music Evolved, as well as scoring the new ad campaign for the car company Qoros (Range Rover subsidiary). To finish out 2014 they were excited to be scoring the new over seas new year campaign for Budweiser. Now in 2015, Brain and Melissa are having an amazing year so far. The pair was thrilled to have scored the press juggernaut short film Power/Rangers for Joseph Kahn and producer Adi Shankar which went viral amassing more than 18 million hits between Vimeo and Youtube (and counting). Shortly after, B and M were hugely excited to work on the score/remix for Taylor Swift's Bad Blood video which premiered on the Billboard Music Awards and has now amassed nearly 400 million hits.

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Zak Alexander
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1398 on: April 02, 2016, 05:07:51 AM »

I'm pretty pleased this turned out to be a gig of the actual lineup, not just a nostalgia trip with changing lineups.

I actually love that lineup. Richard and frank are so solid so it's a win win situation.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #1399 on: April 02, 2016, 05:08:53 AM »

Jarmo John reed Ginger DX so fine pilferk bodhi Faldor Baconman RJ and all the other good posters over the past few years ive enjoyed spitballing with..

I know, I'm just so happy right now.

Just been smiling for like, 24 hours.

I woke up a little bit ago grabbed my phone ... I saw that first picture of them and my jaw dropped ...

I knew it was coming but still needed to see it to believe it ... Holy shit ...

Vegas here I come !

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 92 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: