Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 04:24:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Chris Pitman is still a part of GN'R
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chris Pitman is still a part of GN'R  (Read 15129 times)
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2016, 04:49:22 PM »

It's kinda funny when you get caught and then try to fool me by being sarcastic.

It's fine, assume I'm an idiot.  ok

/jarmo

Get caught? I simply deleted it BEFORE you posted. Or before I thought.

I don't think you are stupid. Not by any means my Lord.

No seriously I don't think you are stupid man. I respect you. I do. I do think Pitman is like the hidden weapon in GnR... just realized it. With his sub-bass and writing we've really benefitted. I was just too stupid to realize it.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2016, 04:50:51 PM »

Pitman hits life's lottery.

Good for him, but let's be real here.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2016, 04:57:39 PM »

Whatever happens in the next month in GN'R history will not remove the past. That's awesome news for some, they can always go back to whining about Chris being in GN'R, the time they had to spend waiting for Chinese Democracy and all their other opinions.

Always focus on what's important....  Kiss

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Thorned Rose
Legend

« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2016, 05:00:57 PM »

Whatever happens in the next month in GN'R history will not remove the past. That's awesome news for some, they can always go back to whining about Chris being in GN'R, the time they had to spend waiting for Chinese Democracy and all their other opinions.

Always focus on what's important....  Kiss

/jarmo

The present is awesome. I  love it. It is clearly a new chapter in GnR (or is that going to get argued too?).

I had to deal with like 5 guitarists in GnR that left and came back like they were seeing a train wreck happen over and over again. So yeah, I'm happy about the recent news.

Some people loved the Nu GnR and that is great, some didn't like that that much. They were cool, and put out 1 good album (their only album)

and man we've all seen those credits? FUCK. lol

It's just this is long overdue, and I'm glad about it. Slash and Duff being back is great. No more revolving door guitarists.

But don't damn me
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2016, 05:04:26 PM »

Whatever happens in the next month in GN'R history will not remove the past.

I agree with this.

But I only think that's a problem for the folks that insist on equal time.  I think the majority of us have already turned that page, months ago now.

This year is going to be awesome.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Thorned Rose
Legend

« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2016, 05:05:27 PM »

Yeah it will be an awesome year. Move forward.

But don't damn me
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2016, 05:06:42 PM »

No more revolving door guitarists.

It's ironic that you're the one complaining about the member changes, but another member change is ok....
You'd think it would go against your "revolving door" idea....

But no.  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Thorned Rose
Legend

« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2016, 05:09:56 PM »

It's ironic that you're the one complaining about the member changes, but another member change is ok....

But no.  hihi

/jarmo

Really man? The "real" band is back. I'm all cool with another "change".  rofl

Axl, Slash and Duff are a large part of what made Gn'R so damn good. Wished Izzy and Steve/Matt were there, but RIchard and Frank are great in their own way too.

I'm totally cool with the members being changed around again... trust me. Little different when you're going from Ashba/Thal to Slash.

But don't damn me
Millions
Headliner

It burns when I pee...

« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2016, 04:44:03 PM »

But no.  hihi

/jarmo

Uh... are you really trying to compare the return of  founding band-member Slash to other journeymen like DJ Ashba?!
Sosso
VIP

Your Pong is no match for my Ping!

« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2016, 05:02:26 PM »

But no.  hihi

/jarmo

Uh... are you really trying to compare the return of  founding band-member Slash to other journeymen like DJ Ashba?!

Slash is not a founding band-member.

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2016, 05:04:03 PM »

Maybe he'll do some effects on a new album...? Smiley

true rock n roll doesn't need his effects...

Ever think that we all could benefit from less of this pointless whining that keeps coming from your keyboard?

I wonder if Axl has ever said this to Chris Pitman!
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2016, 05:04:20 PM »

But no.  hihi

/jarmo

Tecnically Slash isn't a founding member.

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2016, 05:35:11 PM »

#1: I wasn't comparing anybody to anybody else. That's all created by your own imagination.
#2: The point was about certain people posting their "honest opinions" about how much it sucks that the band members have changed over the years. But not now. I can see the humor in it. It's obvious you can't. No big deal.
#3: Happy Easter & welcome back after your seven year absence.

/jarmo

Executioner
Rocker

« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2016, 05:43:09 PM »

WTF is Chris pitman,Should have got rid of these hired hands ,really pissed Izzy isn't involved, he along with Axl is the most important part of the band ,but I can't believe people on here are not more outraged about Axl fronting ACDC surely his focus should be on GnR .
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2016, 06:08:06 PM »

I hope Chris is not reading this thread. HTGTH is supposed to be a forum for GNR fans and many of us even hardcore fans. And it seems that 80% of the fan base dosent like him at all. Not fair to a guy who has worked hard for this band for the last 18 years, to give him senseless hate.

Anywho, i like him, writes killer tunes, kills it on the keyboards live, was vital on Chineses arrangements, programming ect.

Dosent really fit in if you want a Appetite era nostalgia spectacle. If that is what you want, im pretty sure that the ritz show from 1988 is still on youtube.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
(t)
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2016, 06:10:27 PM »

I hope you are wrong and that he is out..

You're crazy.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2016, 07:36:54 PM »

I hope Chris is not reading this thread. HTGTH is supposed to be a forum for GNR fans and many of us even hardcore fans. And it seems that 80% of the fan base dosent like him at all. Not fair to a guy who has worked hard for this band for the last 18 years, to give him senseless hate.

Anywho, i like him, writes killer tunes, kills it on the keyboards live, was vital on Chineses arrangements, programming ect.

Dosent really fit in if you want a Appetite era nostalgia spectacle. If that is what you want, im pretty sure that the ritz show from 1988 is still on youtube.
Well said.

Really funny how people didn't seem to mind Teddy Zig Zag as a 2nd keyboard, but hate Pitman, when it's obvious that Pitman is way more important, and he has writing credits in some pretty cool songs. Like it or not.

rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2016, 07:52:48 PM »

Well said.

Really funny how people didn't seem to mind Teddy Zig Zag as a 2nd keyboard, but hate Pitman, when it's obvious that Pitman is way more important, and he has writing credits in some pretty cool songs. Like it or not.
That is also weird that for some Teddy is welcome but Chris is not.

Btw if, you guys havent checked out Chris Pitmans solo/side project record Sextapes, you should, its great.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
AXL DEMOCRACY
Rocker

« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2016, 08:37:34 PM »

Love Chris' keyboard and synth contributions to the new lineup. He really added some great sounding effects on songs like "Rocket Queen" and "You Could Be Mine" that made them sound fresh and current. And of course his role on "CD" tracks are fantastic, especially "Madagascar." Really hope he's still involved.

"The art comes first.  It dictates if not the course [then] the destination artistically." - W. Axl Rose
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2016, 10:09:12 PM »

That is also weird that for some Teddy is welcome but Chris is not.

Viewed objectively, I think you'd have to rank Chris above Teddy Zig Zag, a guy who never wrote or created anything under the GNR banner.

As for the comparison between the two men in terms of fan perception, I think its pretty straightforward.  Teddy Zig Zag was part of the touring band when a lot of us first became GNR fans.  Chris is part of a line-up of replacement guys, and I think carries some of that baggage.

Not right though, I don't think.  Check those liner notes on CD.  He's pretty involved.

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: