Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 02:18:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228119 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Adler cancels show at the Whisky (was: Adler in)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Adler cancels show at the Whisky (was: Adler in)  (Read 36653 times)
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #120 on: March 22, 2016, 09:27:25 PM »

That's fair.

I read a post that the show was already sold out. There's no way Hollywood Roses sells out within hours without the shady marketing that Whisky just did.

It's not sold out, tickets are available.

Marketing is questionable for sure though.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
BluesGNR
The Liberator
Legend

Here Today... Out for Lunch

« Reply #121 on: March 22, 2016, 09:31:41 PM »

That's fair.

I read a post that the show was already sold out. There's no way Hollywood Roses sells out within hours without the shady marketing that Whisky just did.

It's not sold out, tickets are available.

Marketing is questionable for sure though.

Oh well. I'd rather be out $23 than an extra $700 in airfare  beer

You'll Find Your Inspiration GN'F'nR

2002: 12.6&8
2006: 5.12&14&15&17 11.5&10&13&24
2011: 11.15 12.10
2012: 2.19&24 11.17
2014: 5.13&28&30
2016: 4.1&8&9 6.23 7.1&3. 8.9&12
aaronjcurtis
Headliner

« Reply #122 on: March 22, 2016, 09:31:57 PM »

I would so go to this show just because of all this. $23 is worth it. I feel bad for the tribute band though. Imagine being them right now and hearing about this knowing the entire crowd will be expecting some level of surprise and/or be laughing at them onstage. I personally never understood tribute bands, but hey each to their own.
OTT
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #123 on: March 23, 2016, 12:38:10 AM »

Any chance Adler isn't in and he is just stirring shit up because he is pissed?
axlvai
Rocker

« Reply #124 on: March 23, 2016, 02:32:27 AM »

i think everythin.... almost everything is possible here.....

If i have to say somethin,.... im just dont fkn know.

maaaaayyyybe

axlvai
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #125 on: March 23, 2016, 02:46:20 AM »

Any chance Adler isn't in and he is just stirring shit up because he is pissed?
And guesting for Hollywood Roses (they don't trust him to do a whole show)... rofl
cc4sc
Opening Act

« Reply #126 on: March 23, 2016, 03:13:22 AM »

In all fairness to the Whiskey, they never said Hollywood Roses is their big announcement. People are just making that connection and jumping to conclusions. The "big announcement" could come 5 minutes from now or 10 days from now or any other given time. 
jamillos22
Rocker

« Reply #127 on: March 23, 2016, 03:48:21 AM »

That hashtag gunsnroses was low. Especially in combination with a "big announcement" and what's been going on in the Guns camp lately.

Hell has frozen over.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #128 on: March 23, 2016, 04:13:30 AM »

That hashtag gunsnroses was low. Especially in combination with a "big announcement" and what's been going on in the Guns camp lately.

What's  going on in the Guns camp lately?? Cheesy

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
BillBailey702
Headliner

« Reply #129 on: March 23, 2016, 04:25:10 AM »

I am so torn on this I live in Vegas so I m only 4 hours away thinking about talking Friday off and driving down. I d really kick myself if I missed a chance to see them in a venue like that.

Minnesota 10-14-02
Hammerstein 5-14-06
Las Vegas  9-16-06
Las Vegas  9-17-06
Las Vegas 4-8-16
Las Vegas 4-9-16
Mexico City 4-19-16
Mexico City 4-20-16
jamillos22
Rocker

« Reply #130 on: March 23, 2016, 04:33:39 AM »

What's  going on in the Guns camp lately?? Cheesy

Well the "reunion" and all the secrecy around it. Everybody catches on to any GNR-related rumour/possiblity ...and these guys kinda used that, didn't they.

Hell has frozen over.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #131 on: March 23, 2016, 09:05:10 AM »

Exactly.  That was some accident?

Get real.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #132 on: March 24, 2016, 05:24:06 PM »

Refunds being dished out for the Hollywood Roses show! What the hell is going on now?!

Due to an extreme amount of confusion regarding the April 1st Hollywood Roses show at the Whisky a Go Go we have decided it's best to refund all ticket buyers. Hollywood Roses will still be playing the Whisky on April 1st and tickets will be available at the door on the night of the show for $20. If you still wish to attend simply shoot us an email at mproductionsrocks@gmail.com or call (310) 652-4202 and we will reserve your tickets for you to be purchased at the door.

To be 100% clear HOLLYWOOD ROSES is a Guns N' Roses tribute band. Guns N' Roses are not playing The Whisky. We are sorry if anyone feels they were misled in anyway to believe otherwise as that was the furthest from our intention.

The tickets you purchased will be automatically refunded to the credit card used to make the purchase. Please allow up to five business days for the refund to post to your account.

Thank you for choosing TicketWeb!

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #133 on: March 24, 2016, 05:35:05 PM »

I just don't think Whisky A Go-Go will risk having people coming to the show on April 1 thinking it'll be a surprise GN'R performance. They will probably have someone at the door on the night emphasizing further that this is a tribute band... lol.

They probably became a bit worried when the show became an instant sell-out, fastest sold-out show in 20 years at the Whisky.

Sweetness is a virtue
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #134 on: March 24, 2016, 05:43:08 PM »

I'd have thought this will do the opposite though- before they knew roughly how many will turn up (people without tickets knew they weren't getting in)- now everyone is going to go down just in case something is happening! They'll have crowds turning up I reckon. No one is going to believe it isn't GNR until the night now, no matter how many times the Whiskey say it isn't.

If it isn't GNR they've REALLY messed up.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #135 on: March 24, 2016, 05:49:53 PM »

If it isn't GNR they've REALLY messed up.

I can't imagine it being GN'R with the recent developments.

They're basically saying: "You who wanted to see the real GN'R, stay home.. this is a tribute band".

Now, if it's then actually GN'R on the night, the people who stayed home will not be pleased ? put gently.

Sweetness is a virtue
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #136 on: March 24, 2016, 05:52:31 PM »

Yep. And if you lived in LA or nearby there's no way you'd risk it for a night sat in watching TV! You're going to be down there, whatever!

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #137 on: March 24, 2016, 05:57:59 PM »

If it was GN'R, they wouldn't have announced it as Hollywood Roses - a real band.

They would either have used a fictional band name, called it a "surprise performer" or just plainly said it'll be GN'R.

Sweetness is a virtue
cc4sc
Opening Act

« Reply #138 on: March 24, 2016, 07:50:40 PM »

If it was GN'R, they wouldn't have announced it as Hollywood Roses - a real band.

They would either have used a fictional band name, called it a "surprise performer" or just plainly said it'll be GN'R.
Not necessarily so...don't know why people aren't considering the possibility that Hollywood Roses ARE going to play...but why can't the real GnR come on late into the night?  Maybe they come on at 1am and technically when the Whisky reiterated several times that Gn'R isn't playing on April 1st, they're technically being honest.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #139 on: March 24, 2016, 08:04:21 PM »

Not necessarily so...don't know why people aren't considering the possibility that Hollywood Roses ARE going to play...but why can't the real GnR come on late into the night?  Maybe they come on at 1am and technically when the Whisky reiterated several times that Gn'R isn't playing on April 1st, they're technically being honest.

So, if their plan works and they get everybody to believe that GN'R won't be there, they end up selling a couple hundred tickets for the event.

GN'R then comes on to play for a half-capacity Whisky A Go-Go?

Sweetness is a virtue
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: