Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 02:30:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228119 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Adler cancels show at the Whisky (was: Adler in)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Adler cancels show at the Whisky (was: Adler in)  (Read 36670 times)
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2016, 09:42:22 PM »

People haven't realized that the so called announcement Roll Eyes will probably done on April Fools day... Roll Eyes

You mean Whisky canceled Adler's gig because they wanted to pull a prank?

If this is some sort of elaborate April's fool prank, they haven't thought this one through. People will hate them.  hihi

Maybe Adler concert was cancelled due to health issues or maybe poor ticket sales...and the big announcement thing is just to cause an impact . Why would he cancel his show only to be a special guest? I dont think this cancelation has nothing to do with Adler in GNR.

It's not for bad concert sales.  The Whiskey doesn't do that as its so small.  Walk ups will make that place look decent

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2016, 10:15:48 PM »

Perhaps it's a GNR press conference announcing tour details...

Could be. Black Sabbath did that at the Whisky.

So did Motley Crue if I remember correctly
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2016, 11:49:52 PM »

Stay tuned for a big announcement! #GunsnRoses

Hmm..

I don't think it confirms Adler is in though. The hashtag on the end there is strange though, especially if the announcement has got nothing to do with GNR.

On the other hand, they're saying stay tuned, while at the same time giving away that it's GNR? That's sort of strange too.  hihi
The hashtag just means they wanted more people to see it. If I tweeted that I just ate a Big Mac, not many will see it. If I hashtag #GunsNRoses when making that Big Mac announcement, a lot of GNR fans will know I just ate a Big Mac.

The world revolves around hashtags.

Big announcement #GunsNRoses A guy known for canceling shows has just canceled a show. Stay tuned!

GNR fans: Adler is in! AFD 5 shindig in Vegas! Book it!  Tongue

kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2016, 03:02:36 AM »

Stay tuned for a big announcement! #GunsnRoses

Hmm..

I don't think it confirms Adler is in though. The hashtag on the end there is strange though, especially if the announcement has got nothing to do with GNR.

On the other hand, they're saying stay tuned, while at the same time giving away that it's GNR? That's sort of strange too.  hihi
The hashtag just means they wanted more people to see it. If I tweeted that I just ate a Big Mac, not many will see it. If I hashtag #GunsNRoses when making that Big Mac announcement, a lot of GNR fans will know I just ate a Big Mac.

This is pretty much how I see it. It's like sticking those "ex-member of -insert band here-" stickers on solo records back in the old days. Just a way to get noticed.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2016, 03:37:10 AM »

Adler in... in rehab, I guess hihi

Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2016, 04:16:23 AM »

Man, people, including me, are flying from all over the world to be there at the first show with axl and slash. I have to say it would suck if they played a show before that.

I agree

I already changed my flights from Australia to be at the Vegas shows after I'd booked everything for Coachella, so this would kind of piss me off if it happens.

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #46 on: March 22, 2016, 08:49:19 AM »

Very interesting tweet...

They are not being very vague.

Can't wait to hear the official news.

I like others am hoping April 8th is the very first show so I can say i saw the VERY first show...but at the same time... a show/press conference at the Whisky with Steven and maybe izzy... even if it's impossible to see live... would be amazing no?

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
jamillos22
Rocker

« Reply #47 on: March 22, 2016, 10:31:53 AM »

He's coming to play the AFD songs. I like that.

Hell has frozen over.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #48 on: March 22, 2016, 10:33:00 AM »

Who said that?

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Kasanova King
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #49 on: March 22, 2016, 10:46:09 AM »

Man, people, including me, are flying from all over the world to be there at the first show with axl and slash. I have to say it would suck if they played a show before that.

I agree

I already changed my flights from Australia to be at the Vegas shows after I'd booked everything for Coachella, so this would kind of piss me off if it happens.

peace

You do realize that the Whisky holds 500 people and that any sort of G N R releated event there would most likely be a private/invite only for family, friends and maybe some press....meaning that unless you are in G N ' R's inner circle, there is a 99.9% chance you wouldn't be able to get in regardless.

-KK
aaronjcurtis
Headliner

« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2016, 10:59:09 AM »

I agree

peace

You do realize that the Whisky holds 500 people and that any sort of G N R releated event there would most likely be a private/invite only for family, friends and maybe some press....meaning that unless you are in G N ' R's inner circle, there is a 99.9% chance you wouldn't be able to get in regardless.

I would stand outside and listen. Hang out in the grimy back alley if I had to.
dmathski
Rocker

« Reply #51 on: March 22, 2016, 10:59:55 AM »

I agree

peace

Yes been there it's very small. Would expect just industry and family and friends

August 3, 1991  Inglewood, CA. The Forum

September 30, 1992    San Diego, CA. Jack Murphy Stadium

December 31, 2001  Las Vegas, NV. The Joint

August 22, 2016 San Diego, CA. Qualcomm Sstadium
jamillos22
Rocker

« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2016, 11:04:21 AM »

Who said that?

Nobody. Just a wishful deduction.

Hell has frozen over.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #53 on: March 22, 2016, 11:06:20 AM »

Who said that?

Nobody. Just a wishful deduction.

Ah right. Thought some info might have come out I'd missed.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #54 on: March 22, 2016, 11:20:11 AM »

These shows can't come soon enough so this whole whos in whos out stuff can finally stop. At this point i could care less who is in and who isn't I just want to be able to see Axl, Slash n Duff. Im a big fan of Richard so im more then happy if he is in. If izzy or Steven show up thats fine wouldn't effect my feelings on the show one way or another
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #55 on: March 22, 2016, 11:58:16 AM »

You know what?  Good.

I'm tired of hearing about the guy, honestly.  And listening to how his exclusion is the biggest miscarriage of justice since the O.J. verdict.  It's enough already.

Now we can pivot to how he wasn't allowed to play on enough songs.  Or not on the songs you wanted.  We'll find some other cause.

It is simply a matter of him being including in a full show, or consistent appearances of like encores or something. No one has really stated they thought he'd be the full time drummer. I love Adler, and I think him being the full-time drummer wouldn't be the best thing. For anyone involved.

I do hope they play a 1 hour warm up gig of something low key. Would be cool to know setlist and stuff like that.

For Adler, AFD songs obviously, Civil War are what I'm okay with him playing. Anything else would be a treat. Would love to hear him do Dust N Bones or Locomotive.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #56 on: March 22, 2016, 12:19:41 PM »

If the alleged Adler inclusion is a recent development, I wonder about Izzy...

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #57 on: March 22, 2016, 12:30:34 PM »

Yeah I mean why not just do an original small show at a place where they started? Would be kinda fitting. I like the idea. Plus its like a week sooner right?

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
Nikki_Sixx
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #58 on: March 22, 2016, 12:42:43 PM »

Acoustic GNR show + announcement at the Whiskey according to someone over at My GNR forum...

[Axl] Arnhem '01 (cancelled) - Pukkelpop '02 - Graspop '06 - Nijmegen '06 (+ Izzy) - Paris '10 - Antwerp '10 - Lille '10 - Rotterdam '12 - Paris '12 - Graspop '12 [Axl/Dc] Werchter '16
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #59 on: March 22, 2016, 12:44:39 PM »

If there was ever an absolute NEED for a live feed in the history of the world...it would be for this.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: