Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 10:40:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228107 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl confirmed as new singer for AC/DC tour (June 1, 2016: US dates announced)
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 120 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl confirmed as new singer for AC/DC tour (June 1, 2016: US dates announced)  (Read 501528 times)
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #2240 on: September 23, 2016, 04:42:05 PM »

Would like to see Tommy Stinson joining AC/DC

Why not?

btw. Tommy has a new Bash and Pop album coming out soon. ok

Why not Duff then?

Honestly if Duff can work it out into his sceduale and I am sure his scheduale would work around angus.   It would be pretty cool. 
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #2241 on: September 23, 2016, 07:23:53 PM »

Would like to see Tommy Stinson joining AC/DC

Why not?

btw. Tommy has a new Bash and Pop album coming out soon. ok

Why not Duff then?

Honestly if Duff can work it out into his sceduale and I am sure his scheduale would work around angus.   It would be pretty cool. 
Im not gonna fall into that debate  Grin

I have a soft spot for Tommy.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #2242 on: September 23, 2016, 07:47:36 PM »

They should quit, or don't call this ac dc
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2243 on: September 24, 2016, 04:25:09 PM »

Is there another Young out there to play bass? It's long considered to be Angus's band so if he's joined by Axl, Chris Slade,  Stevie Young and another Family member I think it would be widely accepted..
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #2244 on: September 24, 2016, 05:17:26 PM »

It's at least half funny that Axl would be joining a band facing endless it's not ACDC!  hihi

I'm all for it doe. The show was a blast.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2245 on: September 24, 2016, 05:51:36 PM »

They should most definitely not quit. This chapter in AC/DC's history has been very interesting. Keep the music alive and keep playing it until you want or need to stop. It's still gonna sound amazing and it's Angus guitar style that gives AC/DC their sound along with a high register vocal which sounds amazing with Axl. Angus should keep that bus rolling if he wants to.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 05:53:27 PM by gcluskey » Logged

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
ITARocker
VIP

« Reply #2246 on: September 24, 2016, 09:20:16 PM »

They should most definitely not quit. This chapter in AC/DC's history has been very interesting. Keep the music alive and keep playing it until you want or need to stop. It's still gonna sound amazing and it's Angus guitar style that gives AC/DC their sound along with a high register vocal which sounds amazing with Axl. Angus should keep that bus rolling if he wants to.

Ask yourself why there's a topic "slash makes everything better". Bands are made of people. Different people don't do the same band. Angus is not ac dc and axl isn't and wasn't gnr . Is not a "new chapter". U can handle a couple of people leaving here and there for different reasons but cmon... there's nothing left in that band. I loved this axl angus combo, but because it was supposed to be a funny temporary thing. I know it's business etc, but not everything should be related only to business. Wanna play with angus? Ok, just don't call it ac dc, cause it isn't ac dc.
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2247 on: September 24, 2016, 10:26:14 PM »

I have to agree. I enjoyed the concert. However, AC/DC needs to set off into the sunset at this point.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #2248 on: September 25, 2016, 12:45:12 AM »

AC/DC ‏@acdc

You can watch all of the videos from the #RockOrBust tour at http://www.acdc.com/videos ⚡️

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #2249 on: September 25, 2016, 08:14:11 AM »

So it was cool when GNR continued with only one original classic lineup member. But with AC/DC its not cool?

If they wanna play music, and have a good time. Ive got nothing against it. Quite the opposite.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
ITARocker
VIP

« Reply #2250 on: September 25, 2016, 09:33:59 AM »

So it was cool when GNR continued with only one original classic lineup member. But with AC/DC its not cool?

If they wanna play music, and have a good time. Ive got nothing against it. Quite the opposite.

NO, it wasn't. As i always said they were not a band and time has proven it. Looks how natural (and better) axl slash and duff play togheter even after all this years. U can't change things, to make a band u need  chemistry that is not a very common thing. That's it. You can even call ac dc my buttocks, i can play back in black with my anus. They call me Anus Young. Maybe it would be a new chapter of the ac dc saga. Agree?
Annie
« Reply #2251 on: September 25, 2016, 11:41:42 AM »

NO, it wasn't. As i always said they were not a band and time has proven it. Looks how natural (and better) axl slash and duff play togheter even after all this years. U can't change things, to make a band u need  chemistry that is not a very common thing. That's it. You can even call ac dc my buttocks, i can play back in black with my anus. They call me Anus Young. Maybe it would be a new chapter of the ac dc saga. Agree?
I have  loved all lineups of GNR and totally enjoyed all 27 concerts I have seen since 2001. And the chemistry between Axl and Angus is truly magical to behold. I really hope that AC/DC continues for many years to come with Axl as their front man.
Annie
« Reply #2252 on: September 25, 2016, 11:56:12 AM »

Ask yourself why there's a topic "slash makes everything better". Bands are made of people. Different people don't do the same band. Angus is not ac dc and axl isn't and wasn't gnr . Is not a "new chapter". U can handle a couple of people leaving here and there for different reasons but cmon... there's nothing left in that band. I loved this axl angus combo, but because it was supposed to be a funny temporary thing. I know it's business etc, but not everything should be related only to business. Wanna play with angus? Ok, just don't call it ac dc, cause it isn't ac dc.
As a newly obsessed diehard Bon Scott fan I disagree. I think Axl revitalized Ac/DC and he made Angus feel young again. This was a once in a lifetime opportunity and Axl exceeded all expectations. Iphones are constantly evolving so why not bands?
Annie
« Reply #2253 on: September 25, 2016, 11:58:27 AM »

AC/DC ‏@acdc

You can watch all of the videos from the #RockOrBust tour at http://www.acdc.com/videos ⚡️

Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to watch!
ITARocker
VIP

« Reply #2254 on: September 25, 2016, 01:38:00 PM »

As a newly obsessed diehard Bon Scott fan I disagree. I think Axl revitalized Ac/DC and he made Angus feel young again. This was a once in a lifetime opportunity and Axl exceeded all expectations. Iphones are constantly evolving so why not bands?

What do u call ac dc is just another band. Ac dc it's not something that stands by itself. If u put a ferrari logo on a fuckin corvette, that doesn't make the corvette a fuckin ferrari. If angus dies today and axl goes on as ac dc, that is not ac dc. U can say wathever u want, but nothing is going to change. A band name is nothing without people who made that band. Again, i even like the idea they can keep on working togheter but plz, ac dc is another thing.
Annie
« Reply #2255 on: September 25, 2016, 01:58:22 PM »

What do u call ac dc is just another band. Ac dc it's not something that stands by itself. If u put a ferrari logo on a fuckin corvette, that doesn't make the corvette a fuckin ferrari. If angus dies today and axl goes on as ac dc, that is not ac dc. U can say wathever u want, but nothing is going to change. A band name is nothing without people who made that band. Again, i even like the idea they can keep on working togheter but plz, ac dc is another thing.
The chemistry between Axl and Angus is as powerful as the chemistry between Angus and Bon Scott. Axl is a fucking Lambourghini. Personally I think Axl is the only front man in the entire Universe that could allow AC/DC to carry on. It is clear that AC/DC had a huge influence on Axl as a young person. The AC/DC concert I saw at MSQ was the best live performance I have ever seen of any Musical/theatrical event. And that includes 27 GNR shows.100 Broadway shows and countless other plays, ballets and operas and concerts.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #2256 on: September 25, 2016, 02:14:23 PM »

If Ratt can continue with only Bobby Blotzer, then anything is possible. .....

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2257 on: September 25, 2016, 05:11:20 PM »

If Angus Young wants to continue with making music that we all love then he has every right in the world to do that. Despite members dying, falling ill etc. the train kept rolling and the music kept coming. His band is called AC/DC and he's entitled to continue flying that AC/DC flag as long as he's still playing that music. It's still AC/DC just with different members. The Dubliners have lost many great contributors to that band but they keep going and keep performing those songs with new members and people still want to hear that music live. Everybody knows it will be a different AC/DC but still awesome and still bringing it. I hope AC/DC stays alive and produces more albums with Axl and Angus. I would hope to hear a new Guns n Roses record too.   It's all gonna be good now no matter what happens first. Good times right now Guns fans and AC/DC fans alike.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 05:13:38 PM by gcluskey » Logged

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #2258 on: September 25, 2016, 05:45:50 PM »

I havnt bought or really cared for new ac/dc music in years

I have seen ac/dc play live 3 times in the past 20 years and all were all very great loud concerts

I really love there older songs though

If Axl wants to pursue this and it doesn't affect or delay anything gNr I couldn't care less

i would see them if they came around here some place local.  I would see them if they were playing some place while I was on vacation.  However I would never travel to see them
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #2259 on: September 26, 2016, 09:40:02 AM »

Would love to hear Axl/Angus studio work!!
Then again....didn't we have some reunion this year? Might be nice to concentrate on that one first for studio work?  peace

Re-Union time, baby!!
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 120 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: