Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 05, 2024, 04:31:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228153 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl confirmed as new singer for AC/DC tour (June 1, 2016: US dates announced)
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 120 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl confirmed as new singer for AC/DC tour (June 1, 2016: US dates announced)  (Read 503599 times)
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #2040 on: August 28, 2016, 10:12:48 AM »

The crowd is fucking dead for real...omfg...front seats are embarassing... rant... Apart form the 60-70 years old, the others could fake a jump here and there at least

I for the life of me do not understand this obsession with the crowd having to jump up and down... I'm in my late 30's so not exactly 60-70 and I am there to enjoy listening to and watching the show not bouncing up and down and off the person next to me for 2 and half hours.
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #2041 on: August 28, 2016, 10:46:45 AM »

What time did they go on and the show end?

they started around 835

Thanks

(t)
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2042 on: August 28, 2016, 11:00:36 AM »

40 seconds of Back in Black pro shot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTVE9fh6XAw
patcooper
VIP

« Reply #2043 on: August 28, 2016, 11:04:15 AM »

The crowd is fucking dead for real...omfg...front seats are embarassing... rant... Apart form the 60-70 years old, the others could fake a jump here and there at least

it's a 30-50 year old crowd in greensboro north carolina. Us crowds are way different and venues have seating on the floors so you cant really do much but stand there
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #2044 on: August 28, 2016, 11:38:51 AM »

I for the life of me do not understand this obsession with the crowd having to jump up and down... I'm in my late 30's so not exactly 60-70 and I am there to enjoy listening to and watching the show not bouncing up and down and off the person next to me for 2 and half hours.

Dude...they barely raise their hands and/or clapping... There's axl rose in front of u and u scratch your ass? cmon... I'm not the one who usually whine about the crowd, i'm not obsessed at all, but i know when something is not right

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fDpY_vU_Uc

min 01:00.... Geriatric center mode on  hihi
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #2045 on: August 28, 2016, 12:51:01 PM »

Live Wire
Uploader:  kurtsquiers
AC/DC "Live Wire" Greensboro, NC North Carolina 2016 SQUiERS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91AoWkzewIY 

(Gypsy Note:  great video.  guitars kind of drowned Axl out in the audio a bit.  Since this is the first time since 1982 that AC/DC has done this song live, IMO Axl seemed to be very focused on "just" singing the song.  Can't wait to see what he does with it when everyone is more comfortable onstage together.)

These are by Uploader:  Candi Kirkpatrick
really good audio.  video not so much

Hell's Bells
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gr5OagDdLMA

Back In Black
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VT8WLFKbrNo

TNT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ok1a1Z9tXHg

Thunderstruck
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPg0-iqK5A0

Dirty Deeds
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBb-UWecH40

Shoot To Thrill
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nsz3ovMWGM

Have A Drink On Me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58QpgeZ1YhU

As always, kudos and big thanks to all the uploaders n' periscopers!!!  beer

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
raindog
Rocker

« Reply #2046 on: August 28, 2016, 02:27:41 PM »

I'm with you. I'm in my 30s, have been going to rock shows since I was 5 years old and have never at any point being a mosher. I don't see anything wrong with that crowd at all. They're attentive (awestruck even), clearly enjoying it and no one's getting hurt.

What blows my mind is how much better Axl is sounding with these guys than with Guns - and don't get me wrong, he's not sounding bad with Guns by any means. There's just that killer instinct there and I can only think it's because he's singing songs he actually hasn't already performed to death and has to engage with. If only there were some new Guns songs for him to sink his teeth into. But que sera sera.
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2047 on: August 28, 2016, 04:55:30 PM »

It's just someone from a foreign market being critical in an attempt at being "chic".. If I wanted to go jump and down for 2 hours I'd buy a pogo stick or a jackhammer..
patcooper
VIP

« Reply #2048 on: August 28, 2016, 06:54:28 PM »

Dude...they barely raise their hands and/or clapping... There's axl rose in front of u and u scratch your ass? cmon... I'm not the one who usually whine about the crowd, i'm not obsessed at all, but i know when something is not right

American crowds really only care about getting vids and pics with the phone these days. i have seen acdc 4 times here in the states and never have i seen jumping up and down lol
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #2049 on: August 28, 2016, 07:11:32 PM »

I'm glad the official AC/DC twitter/social media finally put out something with Axl (albeit only 40 seconds).

Watching the periscopes, there are some AC/DC fans who apparently feel obligated to criticize Axl's performance like it will somehow miraculously cure Brian's hearing/health issues.  As ignorant as those fans are, I can sort of understand their misguided allegiance to Brian. I'm sure both AC/DC and GNR fans wish Brian good health and the best in everything. And there are certainly an equal amount of Axl enthusiasts (at least on periscope) to counteract the negative comments.

The really weird thing IMO is that DURING the show last night, the official AC/DC twitter decided the best way to squelch this Axl fans vs Brian fans battle was to post FULL song youtube videos featuring Bon Scott!!!

Like seriously official AC/DC twitter.... WTF??

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
GazT
« Reply #2050 on: August 28, 2016, 08:37:35 PM »

Man, that looked like a killer gig and with LIVE WIRE in the set... bloody magic!!!  peace   

Would be cool if Axl would put his old Royal Stuart kilt on and sing "It's A Long Way to the Top."...  but i suppose that song's too sacred for Axl or even Brian to touch.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 08:40:35 PM by GazT » Logged
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #2051 on: August 28, 2016, 11:52:36 PM »

Man, he really nails 'Thunderstruck', doesn't he?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #2052 on: August 29, 2016, 01:02:42 AM »

I'm with you. I'm in my 30s, have been going to rock shows since I was 5 years old and have never at any point being a mosher. I don't see anything wrong with that crowd at all. They're attentive (awestruck even), clearly enjoying it and no one's getting hurt.

What blows my mind is how much better Axl is sounding with these guys than with Guns - and don't get me wrong, he's not sounding bad with Guns by any means. There's just that killer instinct there and I can only think it's because he's singing songs he actually hasn't already performed to death and has to engage with. If only there were some new Guns songs for him to sink his teeth into. But que sera sera.

who is saying anything about crowd surfing or jumping up and down?

Why do people not dance more or at least move to the beat?  That's fun.  Standing, staring and not moving is for the twits
(t)
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2053 on: August 29, 2016, 06:06:11 AM »

I'm glad the official AC/DC twitter/social media finally put out something with Axl (albeit only 40 seconds).

It would be nice if they could upload a full song here and there, like they did with Rock or Bust for Axl's first show. If they're planning a Blu-Ray or something though, I can forgive it. Tongue

Anyway, here's another official video, this time with Back in Black and a little bit of Shook Me (and praise for Axl from concertgoers).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fDqCArKgTA
alcapone_dudu
Rocker

Black Frog

« Reply #2054 on: August 29, 2016, 10:01:29 AM »

Hahaha I must agree with you on that, it is almost funny. The show is fucking awesome though.

Very proud of Axl for what he's been doing for AC/DC. It's history in front of us.
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2055 on: August 29, 2016, 06:31:40 PM »

If I'm up front I get caught up I. The moment and don't have a voice for the next couple of days, otherwise I'm laid back just enjoying the show..
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2056 on: August 30, 2016, 08:19:59 AM »

Just noticed what appeared to be a Hookers and Blow t-shirt at the 54 second mark!!
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #2057 on: August 30, 2016, 09:48:38 AM »

I hope they continue this in some form after this tour ends. Axl does these songs great justice.

But I'm not sure what you'd call it. With Cliff leaving after the tour what really is left of AC/DC? I say give Tommy a call and see if he wants to play bass  ok

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #2058 on: August 30, 2016, 09:51:47 AM »

I hope they continue this in some form after this tour ends. Axl does these songs great justice.

But I'm not sure what you'd call it. With Cliff leaving after the tour what really is left of AC/DC? I say give Tommy a call and see if he wants to play bass  ok

I suspect Cliff leaving would not affect ticket sales all too much as long as Angus and Axl are there.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #2059 on: August 30, 2016, 01:53:34 PM »

AC/DC ‏@acdc 
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Doors - 6.30pm

@TBSHAKEDOWN - 8pm

AC⚡️DC - 9pm

#ACDCFtL

Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 120 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: