Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 04, 2024, 11:16:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl confirmed as new singer for AC/DC tour (June 1, 2016: US dates announced)
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 120 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl confirmed as new singer for AC/DC tour (June 1, 2016: US dates announced)  (Read 527444 times)
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1920 on: June 11, 2016, 06:55:30 PM »

Are the USA shows also rescheduled shows? 

Do the fans that want to see these shows have to wait on tickets that are returned for refunds to be re-released?

Yes they are and i believe your best bet is secondary market tickets. Unless the show isn't sold out.
ckgent
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1921 on: June 12, 2016, 02:45:38 AM »

Today is the day. Axl/Dc in Denmark. Hoping my flight is ok as some SAS ones are on strike. Could be a long day otherwise.
jacob_uno
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1922 on: June 12, 2016, 05:08:01 AM »

Today is the day. Axl/Dc in Denmark. Hoping my flight is ok as some SAS ones are on strike. Could be a long day otherwise.

I'll be there! Looks like a day without rain and some sun.  ok
Sillything
VIP

« Reply #1923 on: June 12, 2016, 05:59:40 AM »

I'll be there! Looks like a day without rain and some sun.  ok

I'm on the train there! Wohoo  beer

Stockholm 1991, 1993, 1995 (Slash), 2006,2015 (Slash), 2017
Roskilde: 2006
Helsinki 2010
Prague: 2010, 2017,2022
Milano: 2012
Aarhus: 2016 (Ac/Dc),
Berlin: 2018
Tallin: 2018
Gothenburg 2018
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #1924 on: June 12, 2016, 05:47:19 PM »

Encore right now in Aarhus.

Reading the Danish news outlets, and there seem to have been problems for the fans to get in the stadium. People are reporting a two hour line just to get in. It's the biggest concert in the venue's history.

This concert was one of the first one's to offer refunds after Axl was announced as the replacement... but reportedly 46.000 people attended tonight. The second biggest concert at this venue was The Eagles in 2009 with 30.000 people.

The papers are praising the band and Axl. One of the headlines reads: "Aarhus loves Axl Rose".

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #1925 on: June 12, 2016, 05:55:13 PM »

Im just soo amazed by how Axl have nailed this gig.. hats off.. Remember all the negativity once they announced him as the new singer? Check out Back in Black from Aarhus.. Im not a big AC/DC fan.. but damn.. with Axl on fire like this, everything he touches turns to gold! I cant say enough how impressed i am by this guy!

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #1926 on: June 12, 2016, 06:02:10 PM »

They played Touch Too Much again tonight?

Sweetness is a virtue
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #1927 on: June 12, 2016, 06:25:09 PM »

They played Touch Too Much again tonight?

yepp

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #1928 on: June 12, 2016, 06:28:03 PM »

If all goes well with the Gnr tour, the momentum for those US shows will be huge.

First night in Detroit is huge.  That's the show that will get the splashy national reviews. 

So long as they are on time, and Axl sounds like he's been sounding, all should be well.

I'm willing to bet he's gonna go right back to what his voice was like the last 15 years ...

He's going all out now because it's special to him and it's temporary.  Something tells me he's not going to do it in GNR, and THAT will be beyond dissapointing!
Well that's a pessimistic viewpoint if I've ever heard one. Way to rain on the parade. Reminds me of the Debbie Downer sketch on SNL.

It's not totally illegitimate.

He sounded good in Vegas and Coachella, but sounds better with them.

I think we all hope he can keep it up.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1929 on: June 12, 2016, 07:08:39 PM »

Are the USA shows also rescheduled shows? 

Do the fans that want to see these shows have to wait on tickets that are returned for refunds to be re-released?

The USA shows are rescheduled. I got myself a ticket on TicketMaster, which was easy to get since I'm going solo. Easier this way since I had points on my American Express card to use and I figured this was a good b-day gift to myself for my 40th. 
ckgent
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1930 on: June 12, 2016, 07:57:14 PM »

That was outstanding,
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #1931 on: June 12, 2016, 08:36:01 PM »

From Aarhus tonight:

Shoot To Thrill
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zp6qVevHoX4

For Those About To Rock
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ea5V-PkQ3vA

Shot Down In Flames
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHng824eUrc

Back In Black
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCcX6YjPByg

Sweetness is a virtue
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1932 on: June 12, 2016, 08:55:51 PM »

If all goes well with the Gnr tour, the momentum for those US shows will be huge.

First night in Detroit is huge.  That's the show that will get the splashy national reviews. 

So long as they are on time, and Axl sounds like he's been sounding, all should be well.

I'm willing to bet he's gonna go right back to what his voice was like the last 15 years ...

He's going all out now because it's special to him and it's temporary.  Something tells me he's not going to do it in GNR, and THAT will be beyond dissapointing!
Well that's a pessimistic viewpoint if I've ever heard one. Way to rain on the parade. Reminds me of the Debbie Downer sketch on SNL.

I respectfully disagree that Axl is treating these gigs more seriously and cares more about them than a band he helped build from the ground up. I don't think he was phoning it in in the previous shows, so I don't see it as all that legitimate. To each their own.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
MrMojoRa
VIP

iiii]; )'

« Reply #1933 on: June 12, 2016, 11:06:29 PM »

From Aarhus tonight:

Shot Down In Flames
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHng824eUrc

Are you fucking kidding me?!?!??!!

Axl is out of this world with his vocals!!

How is he getting better?? Many expected him to flame out.

Out. Of. This. Fucking. World.

Edited to add: He sounds better than when I saw him live in 1988. How is that possible?

« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 11:13:31 PM by Ra » Logged

8-13-88 (Pine Knob, Clarkson, Mi); 6-11-91 (Hershey, Pa); 12-16-91 & 12-17-91 (Philly); 12-06-02 (Philly Riot); 5-12-06 (Hammerstein, NY); 10-10-06 (MSG, NY); 11-26-11 (Camden, NJ); 7-14-16 (Philly)
(t)
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1934 on: June 13, 2016, 01:01:55 AM »

Whoa, amazing. That Shoot To Thrill performance was intense. And look, early in the show he was wearing the boot, but later on it was gone. I think we just witnessed Axl regaining max health. \m/

Here's some more awesome videos.

Back in Black (full) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrpWPK7OQ8g
Rock n' Roll Damnation - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGsWIISLD0M
Thunderstruck - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zYKljVObT4
Highway to Hell - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4cVbYEhZEs
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1935 on: June 13, 2016, 01:32:38 AM »

Whoa, amazing. That Shoot To Thrill performance was intense. And look, early in the show he was wearing the boot, but later on it was gone. I think we just witnessed Axl regaining max health. \m/

Here's some more awesome videos.

Back in Black (full) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrpWPK7OQ8g
Rock n' Roll Damnation - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGsWIISLD0M
Thunderstruck - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zYKljVObT4
Highway to Hell - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4cVbYEhZEs
Perhaps he's not longer required to wear it all day long. Just a few hours a day? Either way i think that's a good sign he will be without it come the 23rd in Detroit.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #1936 on: June 13, 2016, 02:06:54 AM »

Incredibly strong vocal work on these 2.

2 of the best versions of these I've heard.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Princess Leia
« Reply #1937 on: June 13, 2016, 02:25:46 AM »

I don't see reasons to be pesimistic. Axl himself said he has a vocal coach. Besides there is too much a stake in this U.S. Tour. Axl is human. Slash is human. So it is possible that not every single show is gonna be 120% perfect. But nobody should be worried about a 2012 Axl making a come back
Tongue-like-a-razor
Headliner

A sweet switch-blade knife...

« Reply #1938 on: June 13, 2016, 04:12:41 AM »

I was there as well. What an epic night! Axl sounded out of this world! Most reviewers here in Denmark are quite positive about his performance - instead of their usual Axl-bashing, they tend to focus on the horrible logistics that marred the experience. All in all, one must conclude this: Two rock gods have spawned a child - the bastard's name is AXL/DC!
Annie
« Reply #1939 on: June 13, 2016, 07:59:23 AM »

' You really have a gift for putting a negative spin on some of the most epic performances in rock history.
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 120 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: